Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,226 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

Bus Catches Fire On Lagos-Ibadan Highway, Many Burnt To Death - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Bus Catches Fire On Lagos-Ibadan Highway, Many Burnt To Death (46988 Views)

Petrol Tanker Rams Into Vehicles Along Abuja Highway, Many People Feared Dead / Tanker Explosion In Lagos, Many Burnt To Death (Photo) / Many Burnt Beyond Recognition In A Terrible Accident In Kogi(graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bus Catches Fire On Lagos-Ibadan Highway, Many Burnt To Death by Litmus: 1:31pm On May 07, 2021
fawaz22:
What happened to good news?

Good news full Nigeria but is not politically correct on Niaraland.
Re: Bus Catches Fire On Lagos-Ibadan Highway, Many Burnt To Death by Emeka71(m): 1:33pm On May 07, 2021
Cathryna99:
Bad news everyday. May their souls find peace with their maker. cry
God please save us, one foolish mistake can just end the whole show.
Re: Bus Catches Fire On Lagos-Ibadan Highway, Many Burnt To Death by PlayMaker14: 2:58pm On May 07, 2021
AuroraB:
No one at all cry
How are you my stubborn friend? smiley
Re: Bus Catches Fire On Lagos-Ibadan Highway, Many Burnt To Death by PAWG(m): 3:44pm On May 07, 2021
inumidun2010:
Why all these BAD NEWS

There's good news everywhere but you're drawn to the bad ones
Re: Bus Catches Fire On Lagos-Ibadan Highway, Many Burnt To Death by inumidun2010(m): 3:53pm On May 07, 2021
PAWG:

There's good news everywhere but you're drawn to the bad ones

If a child Pass all subject in WAEC and failed MATHEMATICS and ENGLISH... How do you CONGRATULATE THE CHILD
Re: Bus Catches Fire On Lagos-Ibadan Highway, Many Burnt To Death by Gkemz: 4:23pm On May 07, 2021
Rikze:
"It was gathered that the burnt commercial bus was involved in wrongful overtaking before it hit a stationed faulty vehicle, the Toyota Rav 4, that was parked in the middle of the road.

“In the process, it lost control, somersaulted severally before it burst into flames,” the Ogun Traffic Compliance and Enforcement Corps (TRACE) spokesman, Babatunde Akinbiyi, told DAILY POST on Friday morning.

Akinbiyi disclosed that many occupants of the bus were burnt beyond recognition, saying three of them sustained burn injuries."

Driving at night is very dangerous... Overtaking at night is one of the most dangerous.

Broken down vehicles should be pushed into the bush once it's getting dark.

I see it as wickedness on the part of the faulty Rav4 driver who left his vehicle in the middle of the road perhaps without a caution sign. When he could have pushed it away from the road. Now that it has claimed lives and got his vehicle crushed. Hope the idiot is happy.
Re: Bus Catches Fire On Lagos-Ibadan Highway, Many Burnt To Death by Fanuchi007: 5:19pm On May 07, 2021
UBF
Unknown bus fire
Re: Bus Catches Fire On Lagos-Ibadan Highway, Many Burnt To Death by Bakarez: 5:21pm On May 07, 2021
R i p dis nigeria sha na so so bad news everyday
Re: Bus Catches Fire On Lagos-Ibadan Highway, Many Burnt To Death by Richthekid: 7:56pm On May 07, 2021
Jesus
Re: Bus Catches Fire On Lagos-Ibadan Highway, Many Burnt To Death by Rikze: 8:52pm On May 07, 2021
Gkemz:

I see it as wickedness on the part of the faulty Rav4 driver who left his vehicle in the middle of the road perhaps without a caution sign. When he could have pushed it away from the road. Now that it has claimed lives and got his vehicle crushed. Hope the idiot is happy.

You are right. Some of these cars do even have a single caution sign for use in the case vehicle breakdown.
Re: Bus Catches Fire On Lagos-Ibadan Highway, Many Burnt To Death by letitrainnow(m): 9:33pm On May 07, 2021
Rip

Re: Bus Catches Fire On Lagos-Ibadan Highway, Many Burnt To Death by Mftivi: 10:02pm On May 07, 2021
jaxxy:
A car was parked in the middle of an express way at night?? Or what did I just read?
are you surprised ? It's like you don't drive in Nigeria. Something is fundamentally wrong with humans in this country. Is it the trucks that move at night without a single light on its body or the many broken cars that they always park on the road without any sign. You will be wondering if those humans were equipped with any atom of brain cells!

1 Like

Re: Bus Catches Fire On Lagos-Ibadan Highway, Many Burnt To Death by jaxxy(m): 10:33pm On May 07, 2021
Mftivi:
are you surprised ? It's like you don't drive in Nigeria. Something is fundamentally wrong with humans in this country. Is it the trucks that move at night without a single light on its body or the many broken cars that they always park on the road without any sign. You will be wondering if those humans were equipped with any atom of brain cells!

I think something is definitely wrong with the way we “think”..
Re: Bus Catches Fire On Lagos-Ibadan Highway, Many Burnt To Death by OgogoroFreak(m): 4:01am On May 08, 2021
This is y I always advise people to enjoy their lives while they also invest cos you can go anytime o.
Re: Bus Catches Fire On Lagos-Ibadan Highway, Many Burnt To Death by Starships4u(m): 10:21am On May 09, 2021
moscobabs:
I always avoid traveling with Mazda buses, their drivers are not always in right state of mind.

May the souls of the departed rest in peace

I just learnt this today...
I'd also avoid them, even though I mostly charter a car or get a neat sienna going to LAG from my BASE each time I need to attend to stuffs in LAG, buh generally I don't like lag cos of its ever busy nature....

Btw,
If yhu ever plied that road, the rate at which drivers speed on that road esp that Ogwara(or so) is alarming, I've met accident there twice, infact one kept me on that for close to an hour up till 10pm one day, only to discover that a 16 tyre jammed another 16tyre from the back and the one in front (both driven by northerners) refused to leave the road, we had to ply almost the tip of the road to navigate through there.

May the dead find eternal rest..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Was Deported From Abroad. Urgent Advice Needed / Adatan, Abeokuta Flooded, People Dead, Car Swallowed, Chinese Company Blamed / Best European Country

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.