Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,595 members, 7,809,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:46 AM

Kuda Bank Is A Fraud! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Kuda Bank Is A Fraud! (36186 Views)

Loan App Send A Fraud Message To My Hr Over Loan Default. Any Implication? / Kuda Bank Releases Statement On Accusations Of Reporting Clients To EFCC / Kuda Bank Called EFCC On My Friend Over N800k - Bryson Adah Cole (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kuda Bank Is A Fraud! by Eliazejike: 10:02am On May 07, 2021
If you are banking with Kuda Bank or desiring to bank with them please DONT!

I am a student in a Nigerian University and as such was attracted to Kuda Bank because of their so called ease of banking and free withdrawals and money transfers. Unknown to me I was walking into one of the biggest scams in the country.

I have been banking with Kuda for months now and everything went smooth until I had to factory reset my phone because It was developing so problems ( normal to android users). After the rest KUDA hit!

I was expecting my rent money as well as feeding money that week. After the rest I tried to log into my account but it said my password was incorrect ( it wasn't oh!) After three trials I decide to use the "Forgot Password" option ( I must have forgotten the password I thought to myself ) I was asked to input the email address I had used to open the Kuda Bank Account which I did and it said they would send me a "password reset link" to my email. At least from their I can change my password and regain access to my account. The email never came! Its been over 2weeks now !

Not a day passes that I don't try to log into my account or do the password reset! Till today no email and I still can't log in !

My landlord is on my neck! And I have eaten any good food !

Now these are the things I've discovered in the past weeks that has lead me to the conclusion that KUDA BANK is a Fraudulent Scheme!

1. Their customer care line 09032200350 rings endlessly without someone picking it up! What kind of legitimate business doesn't attend to its costumers and just let's their phones ring without ever answering it ? Please Nairalanders let us call that number until someone picks up!...

2. I have sent complaint emails detailing my predicament and for two weeks I haven't received a reply! Kuda bank being an "Online Bank" shouldn't have any problem replying emails from customers if they had nothing to hide!

3. I left a review on the KUDA BANK app on google play store . stating my challenges using the app and within a few minutes my review was deleted. Most definitely by KUDA BANK in a bid to get more people into their net !

Using Kuda Bank has turned out to be my worst decision in life and this scam couldn't have happened in a worse time !

Please you do not have to go through what I am going through! Be wise and DO NOT bank with KUDA BANK.

This is their address ;
Moore House, 151 Herbert Macaulay Way, Yaba, Lagos.

Please if you live close by do me a favour and pay them a visit to find out if they are still there. If you find anyone tell them the story of this poor Nigerian Student !
Thank you !

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kuda Bank Is A Fraud! by dimexy247(m): 10:13am On May 07, 2021

13 Likes

Re: Kuda Bank Is A Fraud! by Harrykn: 10:33am On May 07, 2021
Where una dey see this money, leave bank enter app.
Even first bank wey I buy sub debited me and my sub never enter.
I called first bank, they said call Mtn. I called Mtn, customer service say dem nor see that kind money.
I sent emails to bank to return my 1500, they nor reply, I rest.
Las las dem share my money 50/50 use am pay Transport.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kuda Bank Is A Fraud! by peteregwu(m): 10:36am On May 07, 2021
Forget most of the micro finance bank, I don't even trust them. They just live making noise.
Re: Kuda Bank Is A Fraud! by stanliwise(m): 10:52am On May 07, 2021
The fundamental way kuda operate is what I am still trying to wrap my head around. Up till this moment I can’t bank with them until I understand the system.

Meanwhile this is the wrong section for this topic

5 Likes

Re: Kuda Bank Is A Fraud! by Aaaaarghmed(m): 10:54am On May 07, 2021
You leave Access bank,Uba,GTbank,Zenith and you go open kuda bank,well dem don kuda your kudi

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kuda Bank Is A Fraud! by Iykenuwa(m): 10:58am On May 07, 2021
Please what about Piggyvest?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kuda Bank Is A Fraud! by jimmychang: 11:23am On May 07, 2021
dimexy247:
You may be right actually. I opened an account with the and deposited a large sum but something was telling me these people are scammers, I had to transfer my money jejely.

I sent their customer service an email both on the app and via gmail, up until now, I haven't received any reply from them.

Even tweeted at them on Twitter, no response still. Those people are as useless as the p in psychology.

Stay away from kuda people.

My case is different ooh...i tried to recharge my meter last week and i didn't get the code and i tried messaging them from the app and the response was that there was no one to respond to me.
The next day i was pissed of and i messaged them and i was responded to and within minutes i got my code grin grin grin grin grin

And always write your password on a sheet on paper next time.I have never had any bad experience with them so far.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kuda Bank Is A Fraud! by jimmychang: 11:24am On May 07, 2021
stanliwise:
The fundamental way kuda operate is what I am still trying to wrap my head around. Up till this moment I can’t bank with them until I understand the system.

Meanwhile this is the wrong section for this topic

You cant bro ,try to read about them i guess you will understand
Re: Kuda Bank Is A Fraud! by Nobody: 12:01pm On May 07, 2021
Iykenuwa:
Please what about Piggyvest?
I have money in piggyvest
Re: Kuda Bank Is A Fraud! by Eliazejike: 12:12pm On May 07, 2021
jimmychang:

My case is different ooh...i tried to recharge my meter last week and i didn't get the code and i tried messaging them from the app and the response was that there was no one to respond to me.
The next day i was pissed of and i messaged them and i was responded to and within minutes i got my code grin grin grin grin grin

And always write your password on a sheet on paper next time.I have never had any bad experience with them so far.

Are you still on the platform and making transactions?
Re: Kuda Bank Is A Fraud! by Tremple8v: 12:15pm On May 07, 2021
Been using Kuda bank since early last year, I have no single problem with them , And I didnt pray for any. Thank you .

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kuda Bank Is A Fraud! by Allfavours: 12:32pm On May 07, 2021
All banks in the country are controlled by cbn, why not report them to cbn instead of complaining here.
Go to cbn website get their address write them you will see that the bank will be factory resetted immediately.

13 Likes

Re: Kuda Bank Is A Fraud! by dimexy247(m): 12:41pm On May 07, 2021
You were lucky bro.

I think VFD Microfinance bank is far better and quicker in response than kuda.

jimmychang:

1 Like

Re: Kuda Bank Is A Fraud! by spritedmalcomx: 1:06pm On May 07, 2021
Kuda matters get as he be oh.

I don kuku leave my small money way I get for their account

Very bad customer care representative
They actually don't reply to emails

And if you see them day run advert for TV and online you go think say them get sense

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kuda Bank Is A Fraud! by Ayo2004: 2:21pm On May 07, 2021
Ogbeni,kuda is the best grin

1 Like

Re: Kuda Bank Is A Fraud! by MasonKendall(m): 2:48pm On May 07, 2021
Uninstalled.

11 Likes

Re: Kuda Bank Is A Fraud! by Barryseal: 2:54pm On May 07, 2021
I really like Kuda for what it represents but there customer care service leaves a lot to be desired. It's been up to 1yr I ordered for a debit card, till date nothing, no reply to enquiries. Absolute dead silence. I've already moved my funds jeje and left 1k in that account till they get sense.

5 Likes

Re: Kuda Bank Is A Fraud! by PlsBanMe: 2:59pm On May 07, 2021
Kuda is not fraud.
I have been using it for years and I have not been disappointed.

Similar thing that happened to the OP happened to me recently.

While I was sure my password was correct, I couldn't log in. I reset my password and I was able to log in.

The OP is complaining of not receiving emails for the link to reset. Are you certain that your email is correct? Did you check the spam folder cuz the emails may be going there.

Even without being able to log in, you can also contact the consumer service via email, via the app. Did you try that?

Kuda still offer the best services at least to me.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kuda Bank Is A Fraud! by MrCodeSolo: 3:06pm On May 07, 2021
Eliazejike:
Please if you live close by do me a favour and pay them a visit to find out if they are still there. If you find anyone tell them the story of this poor Nigerian Student !
Thank you !
been in your shoe b4, just visit the normal kuda bank dot com website, and do forgot password there. Code will be sent to Ur email, with which u will use to verify your login and then logout of d site, then come
back to the app and input your new login infos. Voilà!
I have noticed the only means Kuda will reply you quickly is thru dia inbuilt app chatbot.
They are CBN licenced and are good.
Re: Kuda Bank Is A Fraud! by Nobody: 3:36pm On May 07, 2021
Op it happens to me sometimes ago, check ur spam inbox if u know ur mail address is correct, one thing they lack is customer relationship, that's what will eventually kill the bank. I only use to transfer to my bet account, because it free there.

1 Like

Re: Kuda Bank Is A Fraud! by Nobody: 4:59pm On May 07, 2021
Yours is better my brother. My own issue is Betbank. I subscribed to their platforms with N500 some weeks ago. I didn't renew my subscription afterwards.
Guess what people! I woke up one money to a mail that I have been debited N500 from my account without my authorization. At least for such transaction, you will need an OTP. I didn't see or do any. I sent them a mail and a message on Instagram, no response till now.
My people! What can I do to avert this? I don't mind closing my account with them
Nonsense
Re: Kuda Bank Is A Fraud! by H2ho(m): 5:03pm On May 07, 2021
Uninstalled grin grin

1 Like

Re: Kuda Bank Is A Fraud! by Nobody: 5:13pm On May 07, 2021
Eliazejike:
If you are banking with Kuda Bank or desiring to bank with them please DONT!

I am a student in a Nigerian University and as such was attracted to Kuda Bank because of their so called ease of banking and free withdrawals and money transfers. Unknown to me I was walking into one of the biggest scams ...............
Thank you !
imagine, they even deleted your review on play store. Use twitter mention them, efcc, icpc and cbn. Come mention meaningful people join. You will see how humble and fast their reply will be.

3 Likes

Re: Kuda Bank Is A Fraud! by Mastakija(m): 5:22pm On May 07, 2021
What is kuda?
Who is kuda?
Where is kuda?
How u take know kuda?
Ive never even heard dat name b4 talk less of the bankgrin

1 Like

Re: Kuda Bank Is A Fraud! by kaz: 5:31pm On May 07, 2021
You don't gamble with your hard earned money.who is kuda bank and what are they doing

1 Like

Re: Kuda Bank Is A Fraud! by oguns222: 5:37pm On May 07, 2021
PlsBanMe:
Kuda is not fraud.

Similar thing that happened to the OP happened to me recently.

While I was sure my password was correct, I couldn't log in. I reset my password and I was able to log in.

The OP is complaining of not receiving emails for the link to reset. Are you certain that your email is correct? Did you check the spam folder cuz the emails may be going there.

Even without being able to log in, you can also contact the consumer service via email, via the app. Did you try that?

Did you read the part where he said he called them, but no one picked the call?

Of course you didn't or chose to neglect it.

3 Likes

Re: Kuda Bank Is A Fraud! by jimmychang: 6:40pm On May 07, 2021
Eliazejike:

Are you still on the platform and making transactions?

Yes ,i even have their ATM card and it is working well....at first it wasn't working but they sent me a message and told me that they had an issue ..
But now it is working fine.
Re: Kuda Bank Is A Fraud! by jimmychang: 6:41pm On May 07, 2021
dimexy247:
You were lucky bro.

I think VFD Microfinance bank is far better and quicker in response than kuda.

I was not lucky they are legit
Re: Kuda Bank Is A Fraud! by Eliazejike: 7:06pm On May 07, 2021
Re: Kuda Bank Is A Fraud! by Eliazejike: 7:09pm On May 07, 2021
PlsBanMe:
Kuda is not fraud.

Kuda Bank claims to be licensed by CBN and Insured By NDIC I just check the list of MFB's insured by NDIC and our dear Kuda is not there oh
Re: Kuda Bank Is A Fraud! by Eliazejike: 7:10pm On May 07, 2021
PlsBanMe:
Kuda is not fraud.

Kuda Bank claims to be licensed by CBN and Insured By NDIC I just check the list of MFB's insured by NDIC and our dear Kuda is not there oh. Go and check for yourself !

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Onibara Mi Ti A Npe Ni Aigbe / Gowon Estate Lagos Market Fire Destroys Properties Worth Millions (Photos) / Tony Elumelu And Wife, Awele Vivien In Loved Up Family Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.