Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,678 members, 7,955,500 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:42 AM

This Is The Time For The South To Unite And Defend Itself - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Is The Time For The South To Unite And Defend Itself (356 Views)

Protest Against America Now: Let 's Unite And Say 'no' Like Nigeriens Did / We Won’t Return To North - Fulani Herdsmen In South To Northern Elders / 2019: Let’s Unite And Remove Buhari From Office – Wike Tells PDP Aspirants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is The Time For The South To Unite And Defend Itself by Rich4god(m): 10:14am On May 07, 2021
I don't knw why we the southerners keep insulting and attack ourselves even when it's obviously obvious that there is a game plan to overun Nigeria by some elements from Niger republic.

Just look at how things are going. No where in the north is safe. We the citizens of Nigeria are supposed to unite and fight these elements, but it seems like the north don't want to do anything about probably because the perceive those guys as their brother.

State by state these elements are conquering Nigeria. In Katsina and Zamfara, there are lots of villages that are under the control of these men. There are lots of villages you can dare to go and farm, intact you can't even enter and come out except you are one of them or known to them.

Just take a look at Niger state, this state have been conquered. If you have been following the news, you can remember that about 3 weeks back the army closed down a military base in shiroro village Niger state as a result of constant attack from the bandits. I thought that after like 2 or 3 days, the army will go back and fight them. But till date nothing has happened. What does that tell you, either those guys have over powered the army or the army are stylishly supporting them.

2 Likes

Re: This Is The Time For The South To Unite And Defend Itself by Rich4god(m): 10:14am On May 07, 2021
We all saw the news yesterday, of how another village was attack with the bandits numbering over 500.

Can we for once stop and keep aside our difference in other to protect our land.
These bandits have the population, they have the advantage of free movement of arms from Libya through Niger and into Nigeria. And the govt don't want to ask.

Of we don't unite now, before we know it, states in southern Nigeria will start falling one after the other
Re: This Is The Time For The South To Unite And Defend Itself by iammo(m): 10:16am On May 07, 2021
cool

You don't need southern unity to defend your father's land if you are truly serious and not just throwing political gimmicks

As much as I don't need Fulanis encroaching my land saying all land belongs to Allah , I also don't want an Ibo shouting my ancestorial land is a no man's land and as such he must have Eze in my land or defy the authority of iyaloja , Baba Loja and Oba

4 Likes

Re: This Is The Time For The South To Unite And Defend Itself by Rich4god(m): 10:20am On May 07, 2021
Rumors has it that they have entered Abuja. They might not necessary move in to Abuja town to cause mayhem. But all these small villages in Abuja will be their target.

From there Kogi state could be the next. Of care is not take, Benue is almost gone due to the large number of fulanis domiciled in that town for long now. And if Benue is gone, Enugu is could be next.

It's obvious the govt don't want to act on this.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is The Time For The South To Unite And Defend Itself by Nbote(m): 10:20am On May 07, 2021
The South are not serious and the north knows dis... They have used our ploticians to further divide the South. The South East have been crying and screaming in their loud voice about the calamity waiting to befall dis country but the South West were more interested in the politics of the day. Even now dat reality is beginning to set in, the South West is still not united in what dey want

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is The Time For The South To Unite And Defend Itself by Harrykn: 10:24am On May 07, 2021
Nigerian army will come for you once you start any GRA GRA. It’s better you equip yourself and wait .
Re: This Is The Time For The South To Unite And Defend Itself by Rich4god(m): 10:25am On May 07, 2021
iammo:
cool

You don't need southern unity to defend your father's land if you are truly serious and not just throwing political gimmicks

As much as I don't need Fulanis encroaching my land saying all land belongs to Allah , I also don't want an Ibo shouting my ancestorial land is a no man's land and as such he must have Eze in my land or defy the authority of iyaloja , Baba Loja and Oba

First of all, the unity of the south is needed. Cos this fight is tending towards a govt backed invasion of the nation from terrorist elements coming into the country.
If not, how could the army be in serious fight in Owerri, whilst the whole of the north is under attack from bandits. What was the first offense of UGM/ESN that warrant the army to send in gunships to bombard them.

Secondly, thei issue of having Eze in another man's land is something every tribe does. I don't knw why it becomes an issue when Igbos are involved. There is sarkin Hausawa in states down south.

Plz, look at the attached pix. That's an oba of Yoruba in Kano state. So what's the fuss about of Igbos having an Eze in another region.

Stop displaying your hypocrisy.

1 Like

Re: This Is The Time For The South To Unite And Defend Itself by peteregwu(m): 10:26am On May 07, 2021
Rich4god:
Rumors has it that they have entered Abuja. They might not necessary move in to Abuja town to cause mayhem. But all these small villages in Abuja will be their target.

From there Kogi state could be the next. Of care is not take, Benue is almost gone due to the large number of fulanis domiciled in that town for long now. And if Benue is gone, Enugu is could be next.

It's obvious the govt don't want to act on this.

In fact, I am not doubting you.
Re: This Is The Time For The South To Unite And Defend Itself by Rich4god(m): 10:28am On May 07, 2021
Nbote:
The South are not serious and the north knows dis... They have used our ploticians to further divide the South. The South East have been crying and screaming in their loud voice about the calamity waiting to befall dis country but the South West were more interested in the politics of the day. Even now dat reality is beginning to set in, the South West is still not united in what dey want

This is the problem. Even the politicians of the south east don't want to face the reality. If not for the failed leadership of this govt, why will state govs in region start flaunting security outfit.

It's high time the people throw away their politicians and arm their self in self defense. Because the handwriting all over the place is that this govt is silently supporting this invasion.
Re: This Is The Time For The South To Unite And Defend Itself by peteregwu(m): 10:29am On May 07, 2021
iammo:
cool

That's what you will keep saying that you don't need southern unity until they reach your domot, that's when you will start shouting for help. You think these guys care about any person beside their tribe, even they don't give a damn about Muslims as long as you are not from their entthnic line.
Re: This Is The Time For The South To Unite And Defend Itself by Rich4god(m): 10:34am On May 07, 2021
peteregwu:

That's what you will keep saying that you don't need southern unity until they reach your domot, that's when you will start shouting for help. You think these guys care about any person beside their tribe, even they don't give a damn about Muslims as long as you are not from their entthnic line.

If the south don't unite now, keeping religion and tribe aside to protect our land. Then it's going to be very easy for them to encroach into the south.

And when I mean creating a defence, every region might be able to protect their self individually, but the south need to come together and ally with states like Kwara, Kogi, Benue and Nassarawa, these are minority states who can't stand on there on and these are the states that tentatively divide the south from the north. If these bandits succeed in overrunning these states as they did in Niger, then it's going to be a big problem for the south.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is The Time For The South To Unite And Defend Itself by Rich4god(m): 10:38am On May 07, 2021
This issue is not even about tribe or religion, because even the northerners too are victims. But what I don't seem to understand is that why are the northerners keeping quiet despite all the blood bath going on in their region.

Is it because they are seeing these bandits as same tribe same religion with them.
Re: This Is The Time For The South To Unite And Defend Itself by peteregwu(m): 10:39am On May 07, 2021
Rich4god:

If the south don't unite now, keeping religion and tribe aside to protect our land. Then it's going to be very easy for them to encroach into the south.

And when I mean creating a defence, every region might be able to protect their self individually, but the south need to come together and ally with states like Kwara, Kogi, Benue and Nassarawa, these are minority states who can't stand on there on and these are the states that tentatively divide the south from the north. If these bandits succeed in overrunning these states as they did in Niger, then it's going to be a big problem for the south.

You are on point.

1 Like

Re: This Is The Time For The South To Unite And Defend Itself by Rich4god(m): 10:41am On May 07, 2021
Harrykn:
Nigerian army will come for you once you start any GRA GRA. It’s better you equip yourself and wait .

You just said it all, equip and wait.

Am not a supporter of UGM, but it still baffles me why the army keep going after them with full force whilst leaving out the real terrorist up north
Re: This Is The Time For The South To Unite And Defend Itself by obama30: 11:38am On May 07, 2021
Rich4god:
I don't knw why we the southerners keep insulting and attack ourselves even when it's obviously obvious that there is a game plan to overun Nigeria by some elements from Niger republic.

Just look at how things are going. No where in the north is safe. We the citizens of Nigeria are supposed to unite and fight these elements, but it seems like the north don't want to do anything about probably because the perceive those guys as their brother.

State by state these elements are conquering Nigeria. In Katsina and Zamfara, there are lots of villages that are under the control of these men. There are lots of villages you can dare to go and farm, intact you can't even enter and come out except you are one of them or known to them.

Just take a look at Niger state, this state have been conquered. If you have been following the news, you can remember that about 3 weeks back the army closed down a military base in shiroro village Niger state as a result of constant attack from the bandits. I thought that after like 2 or 3 days, the army will go back and fight them. But till date nothing has happened. What does that tell you, either those guys have over powered the army or the army are stylishly supporting them.

South should continue to criticism of NMK, the only southern that saw the game ahead.
Re: This Is The Time For The South To Unite And Defend Itself by Rich4god(m): 12:03pm On May 07, 2021
obama30:

South should continue to criticism of NMK, the only southern that saw the game ahead.
Seriously, we are just taking everything for granted. Before we know it, the south will be having news as it's been reported in states like Niger, Banue, Zamfara and the likes.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Pity The Nation / Why do Northerners believe/Act as if Nigeria belongs to them / Cross River Gov. Ayade Defects To APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.