Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,205 members, 7,953,758 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:06 AM

Gardening: I Love Gardening; Do You? - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Gardening: I Love Gardening; Do You? (2621 Views)

Gardening On My Balcony - Tomatoes, Pepper, Groundnut, Ugu, Snail and Catfish / Saving Some Cost By Gardening--without Limits (pictures) / Hybrid Agro Seeds For Commercial Farming And Home Gardening. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gardening: I Love Gardening; Do You? by tikkykay: 9:55pm On Jun 20, 2021
CaSttLe:
My curry plant has already pinned 2 d ground
I planted my curry like yours. How do I know if it has pinned to the ground? It's pending to the rain that fell last
Re: Gardening: I Love Gardening; Do You? by CaSttLe(m): 9:56pm On Jun 20, 2021
Tikkykay also make sure u mound the soil for your curry or scentleaf. They luv such. Before planting just heap soil together like a mound and then dip the base of your plant into the mound...u will see how fast they will adapt. This is one useful tip for such plants

1 Like

Re: Gardening: I Love Gardening; Do You? by CaSttLe(m): 9:59pm On Jun 20, 2021
tikkykay:

I planted my curry like yours. How do I know if it has pinned to the ground? It's pending to the rain that fell last

By d time the old leaves falls off and new leaves start spotting from d stem it means ur plant has pinned to d ground.but if d leaves withers and new ones are not in sight, u will notice that the main stem has started drying off and withering

When did u plant it? Also show me pics by tomorrow morning okay?!

1 Like

Re: Gardening: I Love Gardening; Do You? by CaSttLe(m): 10:03pm On Jun 20, 2021
tikkykay:

Alimosho is my location. I will try to use manure. That's the way I planted the curry. I am yet to see any improvement. I was told it might be because I didn't till the soil. I won't give up. I must plant ugu before the raining season goes completely. Thanks for your concern

Yea they are right. Curry,scent leaves etc are plants i know that loves nuturing and they tend to be delicate depending on how u prepared their bed

1 Like

Re: Gardening: I Love Gardening; Do You? by tikkykay: 10:42pm On Jun 20, 2021
CaSttLe:

By d time the old leaves falls off and new leaves start spotting from d stem it means ur plant has pinned to d ground.but if d leaves withers and new ones are not in sight, u will notice that the main stem has started drying off and withering

When did u plant it? Also show me pics by tomorrow morning okay?!
3 days ago. Ok I will thanks a lot.

1 Like

Re: Gardening: I Love Gardening; Do You? by tikkykay: 9:14pm On Jun 22, 2021
The curry leaf I planted hasn't started shedding off old leaves.

Re: Gardening: I Love Gardening; Do You? by dedons: 1:37pm On Jul 02, 2021
CaSttLe:

How come ur soil isn't helping matter? Where's your location?

Before planting...prepare ur soil,get chicken droppings and till together with d soil and wet it for a week. Then start ur planting.

Try planting stems with all d leaves still intact. When u buy ur curry just select the ones for planting and dont pluck their leaves. Plant either in d morning or at evening when d weather is still cool and them water
please where can I get scent leaf and bitter leaf stem to buy for planting?
Re: Gardening: I Love Gardening; Do You? by dedons: 1:38pm On Jul 02, 2021
jidestroud:

That's rather strange . All you mentioned with the exception of Jute (ewedu) can be propagated using stem cutting.
(Sorry for the late response)
Re: Gardening: I Love Gardening; Do You? by IamAsiri: 4:17pm On Jul 02, 2021
dedons:

You can get seeds from people that grow scent leaves now. And as for bitter leaf, so many have it that you can cut from. But it all depends on where you reside.
Re: Gardening: I Love Gardening; Do You? by jidestroud(m): 6:07pm On Jul 02, 2021
dedons:
Seeds? Yes you can get at markets but not the stems. Simply ask around. You can cut from any grown plants around in your neighborhood.
Re: Gardening: I Love Gardening; Do You? by CaSttLe(m): 7:35am On Jul 04, 2021
dedons:

check ur local markets. Ask those women who sell these leaves.

wheres ur location?
Re: Gardening: I Love Gardening; Do You? by CaSttLe(m): 7:36am On Jul 04, 2021
tikkykay:
The curry leaf I planted hasn't started shedding off old leaves.

has it?

how is it going?

I just harvested some for my stew this morning grin A proud gardener
Re: Gardening: I Love Gardening; Do You? by tikkykay: 4:22pm On Jul 04, 2021
CaSttLe:

has it?

how is it going?

I just harvested some for my stew this morning grin A proud gardener
I gave up on the curry plant. I planted ewedu and Lagos shoko, They germinated and are growing well.
Re: Gardening: I Love Gardening; Do You? by dedons: 6:14pm On Jul 04, 2021
CaSttLe:

check ur local markets. Ask those women who sell these leaves.

wheres ur location?
Thanks boss. Location is Abeokuta.

1 Like

Re: Gardening: I Love Gardening; Do You? by dedons: 6:14pm On Jul 04, 2021
jidestroud:

Seeds? Yes you can get at markets but not the stems. Simply ask around. You can cut from any grown plants around in your neighborhood.
Thanks Boss
Re: Gardening: I Love Gardening; Do You? by dedons: 6:15pm On Jul 04, 2021
IamAsiri:

You can get seeds from people that grow scent leaves now. And as for bitter leaf, so many have it that you can cut from. But it all depends on where you reside.
Thanks Boss. I reside in Ogun state.

1 Like

Re: Gardening: I Love Gardening; Do You? by IamAsiri: 7:25pm On Jul 04, 2021
dedons:
Thanks Boss. I reside in Ogun state.

Awww! I have bitterleaf shrub in my house but I stay in Osun state. I still want to believe that you can still get them both free of charge.
Re: Gardening: I Love Gardening; Do You? by CaSttLe(m): 9:46pm On Jul 04, 2021
tikkykay:

I gave up on the curry plant. I planted ewedu and Lagos shoko, They germinated and are growing well.

Ahh eyaaa
Re: Gardening: I Love Gardening; Do You? by dedons: 10:08pm On Jul 04, 2021
IamAsiri:

Awww! I have bitterleaf shrub in my house but I stay in Osun state. I still want to believe that you can still get them both free of charge.
Wow! I'lld appreciate it. Please how do I contact you?
Re: Gardening: I Love Gardening; Do You? by lovediehatelive(m): 11:50am On Jul 19, 2022
CaSttLe:

Before planting...prepare ur soil,get chicken droppings and till together with d soil and wet it for a week. Then start ur planting.

Try planting stems with all d leaves still intact. When u buy ur curry just select the ones for planting and dont pluck their leaves. Plant either in d morning or at evening when d weather is still cool and them water

please how long for the curry to become matured and ready for consumption. I want to plant it
Re: Gardening: I Love Gardening; Do You? by lovediehatelive(m): 4:32pm On Jul 22, 2022
CaSttLe:

I bought curry leaves from the market, then checked, no roots, just stem. Planted it like that sha. Please must the curry i plant have roots before planting? or just the stem. Thanks.
Re: Gardening: I Love Gardening; Do You? by Xenisha: 10:54pm On May 21, 2023
Hi. I love shopping for flowers and shrubs from Tennessee Wholesale Nursery because they only help me find plants that grow well in my area. The process of placing an order is always quick, so you do not have to spend a lot of time on it. I recommend to pay attention to Tennessee Wholesale Nursery Reviews and you will know that they really care about their customers, so they additionally send useful information to their customers on how to properly plant the goods they bought from them.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Start Garri Processing Without Having To Build A Garri Factory / How To Start Cassava Farming In Nigeria / Manual Hand Planter/transplanter(for Vegetables, Tomatoes) For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.