Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,656 members, 7,809,482 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:23 AM

Can't Afford Brand New Tyres? - Autos (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Can't Afford Brand New Tyres? (4403 Views)

Brand New Tyres And Rims Now Available With Nationwide Delivery / Used Tokumbor Tyres, Will Pass For Brand New. / Extremely clean tokunbo 15tons hiab self loader crane Iveco Eight tyres truck fo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can't Afford Brand New Tyres? by emmancecute(m): 12:29pm On May 18, 2021
Lets be your tyre plug
Re: Can't Afford Brand New Tyres? by emmancecute(m): 3:57pm On May 18, 2021
Buy from us, buy peace of mind
Re: Can't Afford Brand New Tyres? by emmancecute(m): 4:09pm On May 18, 2021
A happy customer

Re: Can't Afford Brand New Tyres? by emmancecute(m): 9:20pm On May 18, 2021
Patronise us.
Re: Can't Afford Brand New Tyres? by emmancecute(m): 9:30am On May 19, 2021
We're open for business
Re: Can't Afford Brand New Tyres? by emmancecute(m): 9:21pm On May 19, 2021
I can be your tyre plug
Re: Can't Afford Brand New Tyres? by emmancecute(m): 11:12am On May 21, 2021
Buy grade A toks tyre and rest
Re: Can't Afford Brand New Tyres? by emmancecute(m): 2:50pm On May 21, 2021
I'm still in the business of supplying good used tyres.
Re: Can't Afford Brand New Tyres? by emmancecute(m): 10:26am On May 22, 2021
emmancecute:
Re: Can't Afford Brand New Tyres? by emmancecute(m): 6:14pm On May 22, 2021
emmancecute:
Buy from us, buy peace of mind
Re: Can't Afford Brand New Tyres? by nnamokenna(m): 5:28am On May 23, 2021
Do you have 205/65/R16 or 205/60/R16? I need 4.
Re: Can't Afford Brand New Tyres? by emmancecute(m): 2:02pm On May 23, 2021
nnamokenna:
Do you have 205/65/R16 or 205/60/R16? I need 4.
yes, it is available. Reach me on 08139665811
Re: Can't Afford Brand New Tyres? by nnamokenna(m): 6:33pm On May 23, 2021
emmancecute:
yes, it is available. Reach me on 08139665811

I have sent you a WhatsApp message
Re: Can't Afford Brand New Tyres? by emmancecute(m): 10:20pm On May 23, 2021
emmancecute:
Re: Can't Afford Brand New Tyres? by emmancecute(m): 5:48pm On May 24, 2021
Enroute Abuja, Waybill to anywhere in Nigeria.

Re: Can't Afford Brand New Tyres? by emmancecute(m): 8:30pm On May 24, 2021
Always check for signs of weakness when buying used tyres. Tyre burst are always characterised by tyre weaknesses, Over inflation and over aged tyres.
As tyres age they could become weak. If you notice little cracks in between threadings and sidewalls, or bulgings this is an obvious indication that your tyre is weak. This can be avoided by purchasing recently manufatured tyres and inspecting properly.
Re: Can't Afford Brand New Tyres? by emmancecute(m): 3:39pm On May 25, 2021
Don't compromise your safety, buy quality tyres.
Re: Can't Afford Brand New Tyres? by emmancecute(m): 8:35pm On May 25, 2021
Quality tyres.

Re: Can't Afford Brand New Tyres? by wave1(m): 11:00pm On May 25, 2021
Quote me 205/65 16r
Re: Can't Afford Brand New Tyres? by emmancecute(m): 12:00am On May 26, 2021
wave1:
Quote me 205/65 16r
08139665811, call/whatsapp
Re: Can't Afford Brand New Tyres? by emmancecute(m): 9:20am On May 26, 2021
Buy quality tyres and have peace of mind.
Re: Can't Afford Brand New Tyres? by nnamokenna(m): 9:51am On May 26, 2021
emmancecute:
Enroute Abuja, Waybill to anywhere in Nigeria.

Tyres received as advertised. Thank you for a very courteous and professional service. Hope to do it again.
Re: Can't Afford Brand New Tyres? by emmancecute(m): 12:29pm On May 26, 2021
nnamokenna:

Tyres received as advertised. Thank you for a very courteous and professional service. Hope to do it again.
Thanks for the review Sir. Customers satisfaction is my motivation.
Re: Can't Afford Brand New Tyres? by emmancecute(m): 4:13pm On May 26, 2021
THE EFFECTS OF UNDERINFLATED AND OVERINFLATED TYRES
Knowledge
THE EFFECTS OF UNDERINFLATED AND OVERINFLATED TYRES
Share Now
One of our basic needs for survival is air. If you are a driver, this applies not just to your lungs, but to your car tyres as well!

Under inflated tyres

Driving on tyres that are underinflated is not just negligence, it is also very dangerous, being one of the leading causes of tyre failure. When tyre pressure is low, its surface area that touches the road increases. The increased footprint, if left unattended, will increase friction, which can cause overheating. Overheating, in turn, can lead to premature wear, tread separation, and eventually, a blowout. Depending on the severity of the blowout, you could lose control of the vehicle, putting you and other drivers in harm’s way.

The change in the footprint of the tyre also has other repercussions such as longer braking distances which can prove dangerous, and an increase in fuel consumption as more energy is needed to make the tyre roll.

Overinflated tyres

When it comes to tyres and air, there’s also the ‘too much of a good thing’ factor. In overinflated tyres, the sidewalls and tread become harder than normal and the contact patch of the tyre on the road shrinks. This change in footprint can reduce traction and performance, giving you a bouncy ride and affecting the handling of the car. Over-inflation will also cause uneven wear thereby decreasing the life of your tyres.

What’s the right pressure for your tyres?

Tyres inflated to the recommended PSI offer optimum life and performance. The recommended pressure is usually between 30 and 35 PSI – the minimum amount of pressure a tyre needs to support the vehicle’s maximum load-carrying capacity.

Optimum not maximum pressure.

Do not go by the pressure number listed on the tyres, which is the maximum allowable pressure. You need to know the optimum manufacturer-recommended pressure for your tyres.

You will find the recommended pressure in the owner’s manual or the tyre placard, which is usually found in the driver’s door jamb, or on the door of the glove compartment or the gas filler.

Check the pressure of all five tyres – the spare included, once a month and before long road trips, even if they look fine. Because you can’t tell just by looking. Radial tyres can appear to be fully inflated even after losing much of their air pressure. If a tyre does look under-inflated, chances are it is way more out of air than it appears.

pressure monitoring system (TPMS) to keep track as most systems only warn you when the pressure is way below the recommended amount – up to 25% less.

The best time to check tyre pressure

The other important factor is ‘cold’ pressure. Tyres heat as you drive, and take about a half-hour to cool down. So the ideal time to check your tyres is when they are cold, first thing in the morning or after cooling in the shade for a few hours.

Stick by these rules and you will enjoy better fuel economy, reduced tyre wear and most important of all, safe driving.
https://bridgestone-mea.com/en/discover/the-effects-of-underinflated-and-overinflated-tyres
Re: Can't Afford Brand New Tyres? by emmancecute(m): 9:53pm On May 26, 2021
emmancecute:
Quality tyres.
Re: Can't Afford Brand New Tyres? by emmancecute(m): 3:44pm On May 27, 2021
Stop being penny wise pound foolish!
When it comes to your safety on the road, 3 factors account for that.
1. Your driving habit/decisions on the road
2. Other road user driving habit/decisions.
3. Your tyres, which is the reason for this article.
Your tyres are the connection between your vehicle and the road, hence why the decision you take while purchasing it might make/mar you.
From my experience, there are 5 classes of tyres in Nigeria according to their prices and value.
Category A (High quality brand new tyres): This are the best form of tyres to go for if you can afford it, though our country's current economic situation makes it difficult for most vehicle users to afford them. Most of this tyres come from reputable brands and are usually made from countries perceived to have high standards of production. The prices of this class of tyres could be as much as #40,000 - #45,000 per unit for the lowest and much more subject to the size of the tyre.
Category B (Lower quality brand new tyres): To be able to meet the demands of vehicle users who can't afford the prices of category A, importers tend to compromise on quality of materials and bring in tyres that are cheaper in prices. Yes, they might do the job too, but I bet you they won't be as durable as the former. Thread wear would happen faster and tyres could get damaged easily on a bad road. Prices could vary from #20000- #25,000 for the lowest sizes. Now, here's the thing, if it ought to take you 24months depending on usage though to replace category A tyres, know that you will might be replacing category B in 12 months or thereabout also subject to usage. By so doing, it would have cost you more on the long run. That's if you don't have tyre burst on the highway, hence putting your life in danger.
Re: Can't Afford Brand New Tyres? by emmancecute(m): 7:35pm On May 27, 2021
Stop being penny wise pound foolish (continuation)
Category C ( grade A high quality foreign used tyres): Now here's the thing, I understand a lot of people especially above average folks believe anything foreign used are condemned or things that are of no more value to the user overseas, you're so wrong Sir/ma. This category of tyres are high quality tyres, some can even be mistaken for category A tyres if washed and packaged. Some resellers even pratice this act to unsuspecting members of the public. Truth is, this category will give you the value or close to the value category A tyre offers though a cheaper option. Prices could be as low as #10,000 also subject to sizes. This sets of tyres mostly come in sets of 4 or 5( including spare). They are usually bought from vehicle owners who wants to sell their cars for parts. They come in rims too, but the rims are removed and sold separately overhere. You can never go wrong with this category
Category D (grade B high quality foreign used tyres): This share similarities with category C but will not serve as much as it. Major reason is in the thread marks. While category C do come in full thread marks that will last very long, category D comes in average conditions. You'll get a handful of this as toks grade A in the market but they're not it. Prices are cheaper when compared to category C and you could get them for as low as #7000 - #8000 and much more subject to tire size.
Category E ( condemned foreign used tyres): This sets of tyres as been classified condemned/unfit for usage from countries of Origin. They're imported here and sold as toks. Though, if you do a thorough search, you might get one/two that might serve you but it is always an herculean task if you're of high standard and wouldn't compromise. The sellers would most likely convince you to buy from them even if they are obviously bad. Some of this tyres have even been reworked to look catchy to the eyes of unsuspecting buyers.This sets of tyres always come in bundles of 5-6 tyres squizzed together which might have affected the structure of the tyres as regards safety. This act is to enable the importers bring in more tyres at a cheaper clearing cost. Prices could go as low as #4000- #5000 and much more also subject to size. Most local vulcanizers purchase this sets, to be resold to customers who want cheap tyres. You might end up changing tyres every 2-3months, and if unlucky tyres might burst on highway due to weakness. My advise? Stop going cheap when it comes to your safety.
Re: Can't Afford Brand New Tyres? by emmancecute(m): 12:27am On May 28, 2021
Buy quality tyres and get value for your money.
Re: Can't Afford Brand New Tyres? by emmancecute(m): 8:42pm On May 28, 2021
One of my orders.

Re: Can't Afford Brand New Tyres? by emmancecute(m): 8:46pm On May 28, 2021
Recent manufacture date, good brands

Re: Can't Afford Brand New Tyres? by emmancecute(m): 8:49pm On May 28, 2021
Washed and ready for pickup

1 Like

Re: Can't Afford Brand New Tyres? by emmancecute(m): 12:39am On May 29, 2021
Buy my tyres and rest

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2003 Toyota Coastal Bus For Sale N4.2m / Sleeky Cars : Peugeot 406 - 1998 Model @ 750k / Bonanza; Honda Crv Jeep @ Give Away Price Of 595k(season's Gift)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.