Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,057 members, 7,818,171 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:25 AM

Can't Afford Brand New Tyres? - Autos (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Can't Afford Brand New Tyres? (4416 Views)

Brand New Tyres And Rims Now Available With Nationwide Delivery / Used Tokumbor Tyres, Will Pass For Brand New. / Extremely clean tokunbo 15tons hiab self loader crane Iveco Eight tyres truck fo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can't Afford Brand New Tyres? by emmancecute(m): 12:04pm On May 29, 2021
Run-flat or zero-pressure tires can support the weight of a vehicle for a short time, providing the driver with about 100 miles of range to find a repair shop. While it may sound like the perfect solution, car owners and car shoppers should know about the trade-offs. You'll now find run-flats on the majority of vehicles from BMW, Mercedes-Benz and Mini. Cadillac sedans also employ run-flat tires.

Self-Supporting Tire
The most common type of run-flat technology in use today is the self-supporting tire. The tire's sidewalls are heavily reinforced to support the vehicle when the air pressure is low or even when the tire has lost all its pressure.
Pros:
You can drive on a flat tire: The primary benefit of a self-supporting tire is that it allows you to keep driving on a flat about 100 miles after all the air has gone. You don't have to get out of the car in the cold, or the rain, or onto a busy highway or on the street in a sketchy part of town. Drivers will usually have to reduce speed to about 50 mph to get the maximum range. The owner's manual will have exact figures for each tire/vehicle application.

Better stability after a blowout: Because this tire can support the vehicle for miles without air, a sudden deflation results in less weight transfer and tread destabilization. Steering and handling will remain near normal.

Lower vehicle weight: With the spare wheel and tire repair tools eliminated, vehicle weight should theoretically go down. But it won't be as much as you might expect since run-flats weigh more than regular tires due to the added sidewall reinforcement.
Cons:

No spare: Vehicles equipped with run-flats do not carry a spare wheel and tire, which means they don't have a jack or tools either. In fact, eliminating the spare tire and reallocating that space to some other purpose (styling, a third-row seat, interior room, etc.) is a big reason why carmakers offer run-flats.

Reduced tread wear: A 2013 study by J.D. Power found that people replaced their run-flat tires an average of 6,000 miles sooner than owners using conventional tires. Opinions differ on the reason, but one theory is that tiremakers put a soft tread compound on a run-flat tire to counter the hard ride. A side effect of the softer compound is a shorter tread life. Actual data on the longevity of run-flat tires has been hard to find. But according to a 2018 J.D. Power owner survey, owners reported higher overall satisfaction with run-flat tires. They did not lag behind conventional tires in the survey.

Blowouts are still possible: If a driver fails to heed or notice the warnings and drives beyond the zero-pressure range or above the speed limitation, the tire can begin to disintegrate, with the same destabilizing effects. Additionally, if the puncture occurs on the sidewall or if the tire hits a large object, the driver will have to call a tow truck. The J.D. Power study found that "customers with vehicles equipped with run-flat tires are nearly twice as likely as those with vehicles equipped with conventional tires to have to replace a tire due to a flat or blowout."

Hard to tell if it is low on air: A side effect of the stiffer construction is that the sidewalls do not bulge if the air pressure is low. Therefore, it is critical to have a tire pressure monitoring system and check your tire pressure frequently. Otherwise, you'll never know when you have a flat.

Harsher ride: The stiff sidewalls that make a run-flat work also result in a harsher ride. If the vehicle came with run-flat tires from the factory, the automaker usually tunes the suspension to offset the rougher ride.

Cost: Run-flat tires are more expensive to replace. Prices will vary by tire type and purchase location, but it's not uncommon to pay a $40-$65 premium for a run-flat tire. Also, many run-flats cannot be repaired and often need to be replaced in pairs.

Less on-shelf availability: Because run-flats aren't a big-selling tire, drivers shouldn't expect to roll into just any tire shop and buy them. It may be easier to do so in larger cities, but if you're a run-flat user on a road trip and get a flat near a small town, you'll probably have to make a detour to find a suitable new tire. Or worse, you may have to stay overnight, waiting for the tire to be shipped.
https://www.edmunds.com/driving-tips/run-flat-tires-a-primer.html
Re: Can't Afford Brand New Tyres? by emmancecute(m): 9:03pm On May 29, 2021
Quality tyres
Re: Can't Afford Brand New Tyres? by emmancecute(m): 7:39am On May 30, 2021
Buy quality tyres
Re: Can't Afford Brand New Tyres? by emmancecute(m): 11:08am On May 30, 2021
Try us and be convinced
Re: Can't Afford Brand New Tyres? by emmancecute(m): 11:54am On May 31, 2021
Quality tyres, A run for your money.
Re: Can't Afford Brand New Tyres? by emmancecute(m): 7:25pm On May 31, 2021
An affordable option
Re: Can't Afford Brand New Tyres? by emmancecute(m): 7:44pm On Jun 01, 2021
Buy quality tyres and travel to sokoto
Re: Can't Afford Brand New Tyres? by fishbone11(m): 12:02am On Jun 02, 2021
Do u have 265/65 17R?
Re: Can't Afford Brand New Tyres? by emmancecute(m): 12:50am On Jun 02, 2021
fishbone11:
Do u have 265/65 17R?
reach me on 08139665811, whatsapp preferably.
Re: Can't Afford Brand New Tyres? by emmancecute(m): 10:28pm On Jun 02, 2021
225/70R16. Good year, All season, made in USA. Not for the faint hearted though. Comes with 2020 manufacture date.

Re: Can't Afford Brand New Tyres? by emmancecute(m): 12:08pm On Jun 03, 2021
Quality tyres always
Re: Can't Afford Brand New Tyres? by emmancecute(m): 7:27pm On Jun 03, 2021
Your tyre man! Delivery is free to selected parts of Lagos, I also deliver nationwide.
Re: Can't Afford Brand New Tyres? by emmancecute(m): 12:39pm On Jun 04, 2021
emmancecute:
Quality tyres always
Re: Can't Afford Brand New Tyres? by emmancecute(m): 5:43pm On Jun 04, 2021
emmancecute:
A good alternative
Re: Can't Afford Brand New Tyres? by emmancecute(m): 5:55pm On Jun 05, 2021
Keep the orders coming
Re: Can't Afford Brand New Tyres? by emmancecute(m): 6:44pm On Jun 08, 2021
Still in business, good tyres assured.
Re: Can't Afford Brand New Tyres? by emmancecute(m): 12:11am On Jun 09, 2021
emmancecute:
Still in business, good tyres assured.
Re: Can't Afford Brand New Tyres? by kendy22(m): 12:22am On Jun 09, 2021
�� � ���� ���� 245/40/�18?
Re: Can't Afford Brand New Tyres? by emmancecute(m): 1:22am On Jun 09, 2021
kendy22:
�� � ���� ���� 245/40/�18?
08139665811, whats app preferably.
Re: Can't Afford Brand New Tyres? by emmancecute(m): 10:59pm On Jun 10, 2021
Still here
Re: Can't Afford Brand New Tyres? by emmancecute(m): 5:25am On Jun 11, 2021
I have written articles on types/ categories of foreign used tyres so that most people can understand what they are buying. I get many messages bulk of which comes from customers who asks for prices. Most of them think my price is an overkill, afterall is it not tokunbor? Yes, I deal on foreign used tyres aka toks but Sir/ma, this are not your regular toks tyres. If what you want is the regular toks tyres that you might end up changing after 3 months, then maybe you shouldn't bother contacting me. If you're used to getting good quality new tyres and you want something affordable, atleast that won't put a hole in your pocket and will as well give you the value or close to the value you get from the new tyres then this tyres are for you. Reason is because this are the highest grade of toks tyres you can get anywhere in this country. If you're used to buying low quality new tyres that don't really last long and you want a cheaper option that will give you a better value then this is the type of tyres you should get. These are not bundle tyres, Manufacture dates are not falsified, tyres are sold as they come and are carefully selected hence their prices, the only thing I do is to wash if it looks very dirty. I've had to change suppliers multiple times cos as one progress in a particular trade you gather experience which must be used in improving the service being rendered. I have made many sales on this forum and even when I would have loved those customers to drop a review, I can't compel them. I'm sure if they're aren't getting what they payed for, this page would have been littered with negative reviews. I've dealt with many customers in other states who don't even know what I look like, but were happy to deal with him because I believe my customer happiness should be priortised always. My goal is to make prices as affordable as it can get but if it means compromising quality then it is better we don't deal at all as I've learnt cheap and quality does not always go hand in hand.
Re: Can't Afford Brand New Tyres? by emmancecute(m): 8:28pm On Jun 11, 2021
Good toks tyres.
Re: Can't Afford Brand New Tyres? by emmancecute(m): 11:11pm On Jun 11, 2021
emmancecute:
I have written articles on types/ categories of foreign used tyres so that most people can understand what they are buying. I get many messages bulk of which comes from customers who asks for prices. Most of them think my price is an overkill, afterall is it not tokunbor? Yes, I deal on foreign used tyres aka toks but Sir/ma, this are not your regular toks tyres. If what you want is the regular toks tyres that you might end up changing after 3 months, then maybe you shouldn't bother contacting me. If you're used to getting good quality new tyres and you want something affordable, atleast that won't put a hole in your pocket and will as well give you the value or close to the value you get from the new tyres then this tyres are for you. Reason is because this are the highest grade of toks tyres you can get anywhere in this country. If you're used to buying low quality new tyres that don't really last long and you want a cheaper option that will give you a better value then this is the type of tyres you should get. These are not bundle tyres, Manufacture dates are not falsified, tyres are sold as they come and are carefully selected hence their prices, the only thing I do is to wash if it looks very dirty. I've had to change suppliers multiple times cos as one progress in a particular trade you gather experience which must be used in improving the service being rendered. I have made many sales on this forum and even when I would have loved those customers to drop a review, I can't compel them. I'm sure if they're aren't getting what they payed for, this page would have been littered with negative reviews. I've dealt with many customers in other states who don't even know what I look like, but were happy to deal with him because I believe my customer happiness should be priortised always. My goal is to make prices as affordable as it can get but if it means compromising quality then it is better we don't deal at all as I've learnt cheap and quality does not always go hand in hand.
Re: Can't Afford Brand New Tyres? by emmancecute(m): 12:43am On Jun 12, 2021
emmancecute:
We understand the Nigerian economy isn't smiling at the moment and you're in dire need of tyres for your vehicle. Don't worry, this tokunbor tyres will do the job.
Tyres are carefully selected.
Recent manufactured dates.
Mostly grade A.
Tyres will take you from Lagos to Bauchi and back with peace of mind.
Re: Can't Afford Brand New Tyres? by emmancecute(m): 6:17pm On Jun 12, 2021
emmancecute:
Buy quality tyres and travel to sokoto
Re: Can't Afford Brand New Tyres? by emmancecute(m): 1:53pm On Jun 13, 2021
emmancecute:
Re: Can't Afford Brand New Tyres? by emmancecute(m): 7:02am On Jun 17, 2021
Keep the calls coming.
Re: Can't Afford Brand New Tyres? by emmancecute(m): 6:57pm On Jun 17, 2021
Keep the calls coming
Re: Can't Afford Brand New Tyres? by emmancecute(m): 8:59pm On Jun 17, 2021
Still here
Re: Can't Afford Brand New Tyres? by emmancecute(m): 7:23pm On Jun 18, 2021
Keep calls coming
Re: Can't Afford Brand New Tyres? by emmancecute(m): 10:13pm On Jul 08, 2021
Yes, my type of toks tyres are not cheap. They're absolutely grade A toks tyres, gives you value for your money.
Re: Can't Afford Brand New Tyres? by emmancecute(m): 7:05am On Jul 11, 2021
Still in biz

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PRICE REVIEW **nissan Xterra 2008 (special Edition) And Hyundai Veracruz 2007 ** / Toyota Avalon (button Start,leather,mileage 17k,best Price Ecver / Mazda 6 2004 Model For Sale Call.08058138789.. 1.7m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.