Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,007 members, 7,863,650 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 10:27 PM

Police Nab Pastor For Car Theft - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Nab Pastor For Car Theft (609 Views)

Soldiers Nab Bomb Makers In Gombe (see What They Recovered) / Police Nab Obanikoro Son Bribing Voters In Lagos (PHOTO) / Police Nab Vehicle With Over 100,000 Presidential Ballots (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Nab Pastor For Car Theft by Kenyy: 5:32am On Apr 26, 2011
Members of the public have been warned against patronising fake car dealers. The Commissioner for Police in charge of the Federal Special Anti-robbery Squad (FSARS), at Adeniji Adele, Lagos, Mark Idakwo, gave the advice following the arrest of two men for alleged car theft.

The suspects, Bolaji Balogun, Pastor of Church of Praise, Ijoko, in Ogun State, and one Dele Bamike 46, were arrested following a search at the church premises were two stolen Honda Accord cars were allegedly recovered. The police said Mr Balogun is in the business of receiving stolen cars from members of a robbery gang and their investigations revealed that his church premises served as the safe haven for stolen vehicles.

The confession

Mr Bamike confessed to buying stolen cars and reselling them to unsuspecting buyers. "I am a commercial bus driver and anybody who wants to sell car come to me to help them get buyers," he said. "I got the cars from one Akeem. He was the one who called me that he has Toyota cars for sell but he did not give me the receipts for the cars. I took the cars to pastor (Mr Balogun) to buy. This is not the first time that I have given pastor car to buy so that is all I know. The people I get the car from do not give me receipts for the cars and I did not ask."

The denial

On his part, Mr Balogun denied the allegations. "I do not know anything about this crime," he said. "The car they saw in my house belongs to me. I bought it from Dele but he did not give me any receipt. It is true that the police saw spare parts of vehicles in my house but they belong to a young man living with me. The charm the police found in my house are ingredients that I used for spiritual cleansing for people who come for prayers. I am a prophet and those are the things we use. So I do not know anything about this crime."

Mr Idakwo said the suspects will be charged to court as soon as the police conclude their investigations. "The case is under investigation and we are on the trail of other members of the syndicate," he said. "Members of the public are advised to patronise accredited car dealers, endeavour to collect the receipts and other documents to show the proof of ownership of any car you are buying. Members of the public should be mindful whom they associate and worship with, as it has showed that criminals now pretend to be pastors just to defraud and deceive people."

More at:
http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/Metro/Crime/5687405-147/story.csp
Re: Police Nab Pastor For Car Theft by aljharem(m): 5:39am On Apr 26, 2011
grin grin grin grin grin grin

pastor tooo

there is nothing u would not find in the south shocked
Re: Police Nab Pastor For Car Theft by Jakumo(m): 5:50am On Apr 26, 2011
Praise the Lord !

Good cars come to those who hot-wire.
Re: Police Nab Pastor For Car Theft by EzeUche3(m): 5:53am On Apr 26, 2011
I was going to say something about this crime, but I promised to forsake such rhetoric. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Returns Budget Over Inflated Figures / Bankole Arrested By Efcc / Airport Road, Lagos: Still A Nation’s Shame

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.