Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,828 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:42 PM

Why Do Nigerians Buy/sell Social Media Accounts And What Are The Implications? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Do Nigerians Buy/sell Social Media Accounts And What Are The Implications? (3615 Views)

Why Do People Buy & Sell Old Social Media Accounts? / How To Protect Your Social Media Accounts From Being Hacked / Which UK Used Phones Do Nigerians Buy The Most (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Nigerians Buy/sell Social Media Accounts And What Are The Implications? by docdes: 6:16am On May 08, 2021
Also, why does the age of the account matter?

It just sounds fishy to me. Let's say I have an Instagram account with 3k followers. The 3k followers include my family, friends, and fans. Then, I sell it to someone else? What are the implications?

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Buy/sell Social Media Accounts And What Are The Implications? by doggedfighter(f): 6:20am On May 08, 2021
I will like to know too because the amount is usually a paltry sum.

Could it be hunger?

10 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Buy/sell Social Media Accounts And What Are The Implications? by helinues: 6:22am On May 08, 2021
The implications are,

Your contact list would first be their victims of scamming.

Your name will be used to scam people..

Your name and pictures might be on wanted list without you knowing

The age of the account is important cos such can be easily trusted than new account..

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerians Buy/sell Social Media Accounts And What Are The Implications? by Skyfornia(m): 6:24am On May 08, 2021
I don't know much about their reasons but common sense tells me it is used either for business or fraud purposes

For business: You just convert the name to your business name, and since the account has large followers, it will be easier to introduce your business to large people.

For fraud: Most fake/fraudulent accounts are new and doesn't have large followers. So it is easier to convince a gullible person-your victim and defraud him/her, since your account is not new.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Buy/sell Social Media Accounts And What Are The Implications? by chatinent: 6:29am On May 08, 2021
helinues:
The implications are,

The age of the account is important cos such can be easily trusted than new account..
You said it all.

It's mostly for scam.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Buy/sell Social Media Accounts And What Are The Implications? by Stephenomozzy(m): 6:58am On May 08, 2021
Scam, Scam and More scams.

Should the account you sold or buy be used in a dubious act... It's not very difficult for cybersecurity fingers to point to the original owner amd soon enough, the buyer.

Many who sell are cajoled into doing so on the promise that all your information will be deleted and the account made a blank slate.... But na lie. Facebook has its backup and e nor go had to find you

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Buy/sell Social Media Accounts And What Are The Implications? by KangaIye: 7:26am On May 08, 2021
How much are they buying, paying or selling all these accounts self.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Buy/sell Social Media Accounts And What Are The Implications? by HONESTFACT101(m): 7:30am On May 08, 2021
most of the accounts where bred for that purpose created with fake names and avoiding family and friends while others are those stolen with phishing link......signing out

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Buy/sell Social Media Accounts And What Are The Implications? by gregyboy(m): 7:49am On May 08, 2021
Una don dey work for effcc
Know know people

I dey buy fb account incase una won sell

I get fb dating account too
Re: Why Do Nigerians Buy/sell Social Media Accounts And What Are The Implications? by docdes: 8:12am On May 08, 2021
gregyboy:
Know know people

Why do you buy and for how much?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Buy/sell Social Media Accounts And What Are The Implications? by Nobody: 8:45am On May 08, 2021
They use it to scam people.Their accounts have been blocked multiple times.So they buy account from other people to continue their scam.

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Buy/sell Social Media Accounts And What Are The Implications? by KangaIye: 9:15am On May 08, 2021
gregyboy:
Know know people

How much are you buying
Re: Why Do Nigerians Buy/sell Social Media Accounts And What Are The Implications? by tydi(m): 9:32am On May 08, 2021
doggedfighter:
I will like to know too because the amount is usually a paltry sum.

Could it be hunger?

It’s no hunger . All those friends, relatives and family members you think you have will be deleted and replaced with white peoples and bombing continues.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Buy/sell Social Media Accounts And What Are The Implications? by doggedfighter(f): 9:34am On May 08, 2021
tydi:

It’s no hunger . All those friends, relatives and family members you think you have will be deleted and replaced with white peoples and bombing continues.

Now it's clearer what they do with it. But why's it cheap?.3k, 4k .
Re: Why Do Nigerians Buy/sell Social Media Accounts And What Are The Implications? by Uyi168: 9:35am On May 08, 2021
helinues:
The implications are,

U dont knw anything..

They buy old accounts because they are less easily busted.

When they finally buy or hack your account, they simply edit it and start bombing.

It's very unlikely that they will use your face to scam people..
Re: Why Do Nigerians Buy/sell Social Media Accounts And What Are The Implications? by tydi(m): 9:35am On May 08, 2021
gregyboy:
Know know people

Let’s trade , how many FB accounts do you need
Re: Why Do Nigerians Buy/sell Social Media Accounts And What Are The Implications? by doggedfighter(f): 9:38am On May 08, 2021
gregyboy:
Know know people

Seems to bother you, why? cheesy
Re: Why Do Nigerians Buy/sell Social Media Accounts And What Are The Implications? by tydi(m): 9:47am On May 08, 2021
doggedfighter:

Now it's clearer what they do with it. But why's it cheap?.3k, 4k .

Nne , prices of commodities differs.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Buy/sell Social Media Accounts And What Are The Implications? by Kroos205: 10:50am On May 08, 2021
i sha get one free fb
Re: Why Do Nigerians Buy/sell Social Media Accounts And What Are The Implications? by Connected1: 1:24pm On May 08, 2021
It's mostly for fraud.
The age of the account matters in two ways;
1 - It would take some take for Mark to bust an account of 10yrs old when he notices fraudulent activities * although this one no longer holds* Mark is on viper mode.
2 - An account of 10 yrs has a probability of having 2k posts or 5k+ for the females, so they edit these posts to their own contents thereby making their prey believe they are legit since they have been in the crypto business or been using it for a long time.
Las Las na for scam.
Say No to Fraud.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Buy/sell Social Media Accounts And What Are The Implications? by jidxin(m): 1:58pm On May 08, 2021
docdes:
Also, why does the age of the account matter?

It just sounds fishy to me. Let's say I have an Instagram account with 3k followers. The 3k followers include my family, friends, and fans. Then, I sell it to someone else? What are the implications?
most of the accounts are stolen or hacked accounts, the password was phished from the owners
Re: Why Do Nigerians Buy/sell Social Media Accounts And What Are The Implications? by Gabe427: 2:18pm On May 08, 2021
So that what it for
Re: Why Do Nigerians Buy/sell Social Media Accounts And What Are The Implications? by Youngpo413: 2:24pm On May 08, 2021
Nice info
Re: Why Do Nigerians Buy/sell Social Media Accounts And What Are The Implications? by ClassicMan202(m): 3:50pm On May 08, 2021
Scamdemic
Re: Why Do Nigerians Buy/sell Social Media Accounts And What Are The Implications? by Jacku: 4:04pm On May 08, 2021
Don't sell a personal account, rather grow an account and sell.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Buy/sell Social Media Accounts And What Are The Implications? by josh123(m): 7:21pm On May 08, 2021
I buy Instagram account but I do use it for business, my business involves me sending multiple messages to my customers. Most times when u send multiple messages Instagram sees it as spam then they will block the account. If the account is more than 4 yrs they rarely block it
Re: Why Do Nigerians Buy/sell Social Media Accounts And What Are The Implications? by tonyayodele(m): 12:34am On May 09, 2021
Any buyer in the house drop ur num i get 7 years facebook account 4 sale.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Buy/sell Social Media Accounts And What Are The Implications? by tonyayodele(m): 12:37am On May 09, 2021
Ddavidson:
I buying and sell Facebook and Instagram account at West rates
Contact me
I get 7 years fb account 4 sale message me up @ 07036905112 Message only am tony

(1) (2) (Reply)

I'm Planning On Buying Redmi Note 11 Pro 2day...advice Pls / Is A Samsung Note 10 Plus Good Enough / Tecno Q1 Vs Tecno L3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.