Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,751 members, 7,813,477 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:46 PM

Lagos Takes Delivery Of New Boats To Boost Water Transportation - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Takes Delivery Of New Boats To Boost Water Transportation (20090 Views)

Five Cowries Terminal: Lagos Jetty - Water Transportation (Video, Photos) / Lagos Begins Commercial Water Transportation, As Sanwo-Olu Launches Speed Boats / Water Transportation: Lagos State Govt Acquires New Ferries - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Takes Delivery Of New Boats To Boost Water Transportation by Uniqueclean22: 7:54am On May 08, 2021
Oh
Re: Lagos Takes Delivery Of New Boats To Boost Water Transportation by GorillaApp(m): 7:55am On May 08, 2021
emerged01:

People are ready to use any form of transportation. The boats are not even enough. If you don’t get there early or all the boat seats are booked before you get there you will be stranded. People using boat are many,i was shocked when I tried it once.
OK tnx bro
Re: Lagos Takes Delivery Of New Boats To Boost Water Transportation by 9jaRealist: 7:55am On May 08, 2021
fitinwell:
Did you say to reduce the grid lock in Lagos shocked Just these few boats .. I know you guys has seen fleets of Ethiopia Airlines... nothing amuse me about Nigerians anymore cool

Wait, you want Lagos to use AIRPLANES to reduce gridlock?! shocked grin grin grin
>

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Takes Delivery Of New Boats To Boost Water Transportation by kambili999(f): 7:59am On May 08, 2021
vincentjk:

Upon your name is related to water yet you can't see the three boats in the first picture

lmao grin
Re: Lagos Takes Delivery Of New Boats To Boost Water Transportation by frog12: 8:01am On May 08, 2021
these things are death coffins. how many people have lost their lives on these waterways because of govt incompetence ??
Re: Lagos Takes Delivery Of New Boats To Boost Water Transportation by Mutemenot(m): 8:02am On May 08, 2021
deepwater:
jUST 2?

Lagos needs like 50 of these fibre boats moving with time not when filled up!

Just like the Seoul KTX bullet trains it moves with time, u can set your wrist watch with that train. If its leaves by 7.30am damn sure about it. Should your watch say 7.29am, please just reset to 7.30...that stuff too accurate mehn.

We wait for vehicles to get filled up first in Nigeria before it moves, even our flights undecided

Thats African time.. my greatest disappointment is in our airlines ... They do not work with time
Re: Lagos Takes Delivery Of New Boats To Boost Water Transportation by Newton85: 8:32am On May 08, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Nice idea.
Only that the mammy waters around Falomo and Ebutte Ero are always very active during the day.

I hope the LASG has appeased the water goddesses.

I hope your comment about so-called "mammy waters" was just you trying to be humorous. If otherwise you really believe so-called "mammy waters" exist, then you're in dire want of a cure for your chronic superstitious credulity.
Re: Lagos Takes Delivery Of New Boats To Boost Water Transportation by Multiplier7(m): 8:49am On May 08, 2021
Does Ghana have all this. Why are they always comparing themselves to Nigeria?

Is high time we start celebrating the good we have in this country
Re: Lagos Takes Delivery Of New Boats To Boost Water Transportation by omonnakoda: 8:52am On May 08, 2021
Exciting I hope we can see more of thi in places like Rivers State and Bayelsa with less emphasis on just the capital cities.
Rivers state has very great economic potentials outside Port Harcourt

Anyway Eko o ni boje

O boje ti
Re: Lagos Takes Delivery Of New Boats To Boost Water Transportation by TimeTraveller: 9:02am On May 08, 2021
deepwater:
jUST 2?

Just like the Seoul KTX bullet trains it moves with time, u can set your wrist watch with that train. If its leaves by 7.30am damn sure about it. Should your watch say 7.29am, please just reset to 7.30...that stuff too accurate mehn.

We wait for vehicles to get filled up first in Nigeria before it moves, even our flights undecided

You complain too much. Negativity Plc.
Re: Lagos Takes Delivery Of New Boats To Boost Water Transportation by DrFunmisticGlow: 9:23am On May 08, 2021
Fegacity:
Good

Work on a six months contract writing articles from home.

Remuneration : 500,000 Naira.

If this opportunity interests you, signify your interest by sending a message on WhatsApp on

0 8 0 8 6 3 7 3 0 1 2

Thank you
500k per month? Or after six months?
Re: Lagos Takes Delivery Of New Boats To Boost Water Transportation by Tomilola360: 9:26am On May 08, 2021
curlarpy:
Sanwo-olu is working...
Lagos is improving...
Tinubu politically thriving...
Ipob are wailing
ESN are killing...
Bandit are kidnapping...
Bokoharam are killing...
Southwest keep developing...
Me, I'm typing and sipping tea...
Now patiently waiting for Wailing Wailers to say trash about Tinubu like their destiny is in his hand
#EdoNoBeLagos

The Nigerian Government is SLEEPING

1 Like

Re: Lagos Takes Delivery Of New Boats To Boost Water Transportation by Akharmony: 9:29am On May 08, 2021
up Sanwo, Up Jagaban,
Re: Lagos Takes Delivery Of New Boats To Boost Water Transportation by BerrykissAkah: 9:29am On May 08, 2021

Re: Lagos Takes Delivery Of New Boats To Boost Water Transportation by vincentjk(m): 9:34am On May 08, 2021
kambili999:
lmao grin

You've got a fine name, reminds me of purple hibiscus.

Have you read the book?
Re: Lagos Takes Delivery Of New Boats To Boost Water Transportation by DesignMaestro(m): 9:36am On May 08, 2021
Good development. More should be added as soon as possible. The govt should also put more effort on public awareness to improve patronage of the ferries.
Re: Lagos Takes Delivery Of New Boats To Boost Water Transportation by bash8936: 10:05am On May 08, 2021
These boats are sweet to use...Very comfortable and saves lots of time, but it’s still very expensive and many lagosians are not aware bcus of lack of advertisement. A trip is 1000/800 from ikd- Sandfiel/Falomo/costain....1500 to Ajah/Apapa....They should reduce the price a bit.
Re: Lagos Takes Delivery Of New Boats To Boost Water Transportation by kambili999(f): 10:05am On May 08, 2021
vincentjk:

You've got a fine name, reminds me of purple hibiscus.

Have you read the book?
yes sir

1 Like

Re: Lagos Takes Delivery Of New Boats To Boost Water Transportation by Akeembebo(m): 11:06am On May 08, 2021
That's mine lagos
Re: Lagos Takes Delivery Of New Boats To Boost Water Transportation by largeman4u(m): 11:08am On May 08, 2021
I miss Governor Fashola, see potholes all over the road in Lagos. I think this unreasonable leader are no longer using the direct labour agency.
Re: Lagos Takes Delivery Of New Boats To Boost Water Transportation by zudozz: 11:12am On May 08, 2021
D best means of transportation in traffic jam Lagos.

Only that I cant even swim to save my life! grin
Re: Lagos Takes Delivery Of New Boats To Boost Water Transportation by hassana45502: 11:35am On May 08, 2021
I miss Governor Fashola, see potholes all over the road in Lagos. I think this unreasonable leader are no longer using the direct labour agency.
Re: Lagos Takes Delivery Of New Boats To Boost Water Transportation by mmsen: 1:31pm On May 08, 2021
deepwater:
jUST 2?

Ibom Air doesn't do that nonsense. They leave on time every time. But you're right, other operators do, it's annoying.
Re: Lagos Takes Delivery Of New Boats To Boost Water Transportation by Kolaboluv7(m): 2:45pm On May 08, 2021
The last place you will ever see me

I fear who no fear water..

#Eko no go baje insha allah. Amin���

The god’s has spoken

Thank you
Re: Lagos Takes Delivery Of New Boats To Boost Water Transportation by Ayodele951(m): 2:59pm On May 08, 2021
GorillaApp:
Do people really use this boat? Really wanna know.

This is one means of transportation that is not utilized. Delta state and other riverine states should take a cue from lagos state and not leaving it in the hands of cut- throat business people

BTW there are other viable means of transportation in this country like rail lines but our leaders with saw dust filled brains won't see it

Yeah. People do use one. I do actually, everyday here in Lagos.
Re: Lagos Takes Delivery Of New Boats To Boost Water Transportation by Ebookherbs(m): 3:32pm On May 08, 2021
Sometimes when you’re in a dark place you think you’ve been buried but you’ve actually been planted.

Don’t limit your challenges. Challenge your limits.

Whenever you find yourself doubting how far you can go, just remember how far you have come.

Everyone has inside them a piece of good news. The good news is you don’t know how great you can be! How much you can love! What you can accomplish! And what your potential is

keep it up guys!
Re: Lagos Takes Delivery Of New Boats To Boost Water Transportation by GorillaApp(m): 4:28pm On May 08, 2021
Ayodele951:

Yeah. People do use one. I do actually, everyday here in Lagos.
Wow. Hope there is safety consciousness?
How's the fare like?
Re: Lagos Takes Delivery Of New Boats To Boost Water Transportation by Feadalezchicken: 4:45pm On May 08, 2021
Lanrelagboi:

https://twitter.com/Mr_JAGs/status/1390781529295630341?s=19
I'm an Igbo, but the truth is that Lagos is the fastest developing state in Africa
I'm so ashamed that my region is so timid and blindfolded that we allow visionless leaders in enter power or allow one Selfish person somewhere to be deceiving us

1 Like

Re: Lagos Takes Delivery Of New Boats To Boost Water Transportation by PHAYOL81: 4:48pm On May 08, 2021
Nice development, LASG. Lagos needs boats much bigger that can successfully transport as much as 150 commuters at a go, especially now that more people are trusting the system and using the waterways more.
I honestly hope as well that the management is also thinking in this direction against the deployment of the next fleets that would be aimed at servicing the proposed routes oncoming (for which the numerous jetties under construction are being built). After all, LASWA had confirmed the dredging of many of these new routes in a bid to allow smooth transit of big ships.
The state has to put in more effort by a means of encouragement and promotion of awareness towards attracting more commuters to the usage of this waterways system if we truly aspire to decongest our roads and more importantly, create another credible source of igr for more sustainable economy.
May God continue to bless Lagos state
For a greater Lagos state
Eko Oni Baje O... Aa tumbo maa dara si ni
Re: Lagos Takes Delivery Of New Boats To Boost Water Transportation by Richthekid: 6:58pm On May 08, 2021
Good
Re: Lagos Takes Delivery Of New Boats To Boost Water Transportation by Deydontknow(m): 8:19pm On May 08, 2021
When I heard boats I was thinking of big cargo boats that can take up to 500 to 1000 passenger on a trip that can at least make impact on the road traffic of Lagos not knowing it's this disguised canoe shhewww.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Truck Owners In Apapa Tincan Road Adopt Palliative Measures As Road Worsen / Lt. Sowoye: co-Pilot Of Crashed Helicopter / Travelling Into Nigerian (MMIA) Is Uber Safe To Your Destination Within Lagos ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.