Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,700 members, 7,809,654 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:32 PM

Seven Reasons You Need The Holy Spirit Of God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Seven Reasons You Need The Holy Spirit Of God (1325 Views)

Seven Reasons Against The PRETRIBULATION Rapture / Seven Important Reasons You Need The Holy Spirit. / "Spirit Of Beersheba Sent Me To Seduce Catholic Priests In Amaruru, Imo" (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seven Reasons You Need The Holy Spirit Of God by oluwatosink: 7:52pm On May 08, 2021
The Holy Spirit is God. The Father and the Son dwell in us through the Holy Spirit.

Here are seven reasons you need the Holy Spirit of God

1) The Holy Spirit help us to love God our Father and Jesus Christ the Son of God.

2) The Holy Spirit gives joy to our soul, and help us in seeking the kingdom of heaven where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.

3) The Holy Spirit act as power(gift) and as comforter(guidian) in our soul.

4) The Holy Spirit help in fulfilling the will of God and the fruits of the Spirit (love)

5) The Holy Spirit help us to speak and pray in tongues of heaven.

6) The Holy Spirit help us to worship God in Spirit and in truth.

7) The Holy Spirit teaches us to understand the Word(Jesus). God speak through the Holy Spirit in us.
Re: Seven Reasons You Need The Holy Spirit Of God by oluwatosink: 7:53pm On May 08, 2021
Bible verses:
Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.

Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.

Psalms 51:11-12 (KJV)

I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:

Matthew 3:11 (KJV)
Then was Jesus led up of the spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.

Matthew 4:1 (KJV)
For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.

Matthew 10:20 (KJV)
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Matthew 28:19 (KJV)

And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.

And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.

Mark 16:17-20 (KJV)

Now concerning spiritual gifts, brethren, I would not have you ignorant.

Ye know that ye were Gentiles, carried away unto these dumb idols, even as ye were led.

Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.

And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord.

And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.

But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.

For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;

To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;

To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:

But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.

For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.

For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

For the body is not one member, but many.

If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?

And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?

If the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling?

But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him.

And if they were all one member, where were the body?

But now are they many members, yet but one body.

And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you.

Nay, much more those members of the body, which seem to be more feeble, are necessary:

And those members of the body, which we think to be less honourable, upon these we bestow more abundant honour; and our uncomely parts have more abundant comeliness.

1 Corinthians 12:1-23 (KJV)
Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.

1 Corinthians 13:1-2 (KJV)

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Ephesians 2:8 (KJV)
He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

(But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

John 7:38-39 (KJV)
And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

John 14:16-17 (KJV)

Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

John 14:23 (KJV)

Colossians 3:1 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

John 6:63 (KJV)

John 15:7-8 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.
Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.

John 4:23-24 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
Re: Seven Reasons You Need The Holy Spirit Of God by Kobojunkiee: 8:22pm On May 08, 2021
oluwatosink:
7 Important Things To Know About The Holy Spirit.
There is a spirit in us, the Spirit given to each and every one of us from God before we were born into this world. If we abide by the fruits of the Spirit, and accept Jesus Christ as our Savior then we'll receive the power of the Holy Spirit, a Spirit of God.

Here are 7 things to know about the Holy Spirit of God
1) You only receive the Spirit of God, If you accept Jesus into your heart and as your Lord and personal Savior.
2) You can only receive the Spirit of God after baptism with water for remissions of sins and repentance.
3) The Holy Spirit acts as power(gift) and as guidance in you.
4) The Holy Spirit grows in you when you surrender it to things of God and the fruits of the Spirits( love) not after the lust of the flesh.
5) You speak in tongues or you learn how to speak in tongues when you receive the Holy Spirit. (Important)
6) The Holy Spirit works with fasting and prayers.
7) Baptism with water and the Holy Spirit of God can make you enter the kingdom of heaven.
Feel free to drop your views, thoughts and ask question
1. How exactly does the Holy Spirit work with fasting and prayers? Where did Jesus Christ say this please? undecided

2. In John 3 vs 1-21, Jesus Christ, during His conversation with Nicodemus, never mentions the Holy Spirit where He spoke of how to enter into the Kingdom of God. Instead, Jesus Christ explained that to be born-again , a requirement for entering into the Kingdom of God, one first needs be born of the spirit .I.e. a new spirit is given one, this corresponding to God's own claim through Ezekiel in Ezekial 36 vs 24 that He will install a new spirit inside of those who believe.. undecided

The same Jesus Christ then goes on to say, in John 14 vs 23-28, that only those who already believe(are saved and born-again) who continue to submit to and obey His teachings and commandments will become worthy of the Spirit of God. undecided
Re: Seven Reasons You Need The Holy Spirit Of God by LisaAnneMia: 9:51pm On May 08, 2021
Um...duh! Cornelius in the Bible wasn't baptised with water before he received the Holy Spirit and began praying in tongues. Even me sef haven't been baptised with water (though I really wanna) and I've received the Holy Spirit and can pray in tongues.

Holy Spirit works with prayer and fasting? Pls don't box Him. Thank you.
Re: Seven Reasons You Need The Holy Spirit Of God by Kobojunkiee: 10:34pm On May 08, 2021
LisaAnneMia:
Um...duh! Cornelius in the Bible wasn't baptised with water before he received the Holy Spirit and began praying in tongues. Even me sef haven't been baptised with water (though I really wanna) and I've received the Holy Spirit and can pray in tongues.

Holy Spirit works with prayer and fasting? Pls don't box Him. Thank you.
it is not stated anywhere in scripture, by Jesus Christ, that speaking in a new language is evidence of the God/Holy Spirit - it is evidence of a spirit but not necessarily the Spirit of God Himself. . undecided

I remember back in the day when I first spoke in "tongues". I wasn't baptized or a really born-again back then but I was able to speak the same kind of gibberish that is regularly confused with the phenomenon of speaking in a new language as spoken of by Jesus Christ. undecided

Even pagans can speak in gibberish too. undecided
Re: Seven Reasons You Need The Holy Spirit Of God by LisaAnneMia: 10:35pm On May 08, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
it is not stated anywhere in scripture, by Jesus Christ, that speaking in a new language is evidence of the God/Holy Spirit - it is evidence of a spirit but not necessarily the Spirit of God Himself. . undecided

I remember back in the day when I first spoke in "tongues". I wasn't baptized or a really born-again back then but I was able to speak the same kind of gibberish that is regularly confused with the phenomenon of speaking in a new language as spoken of by Jesus Christ. undecided

Even pagans can speak in gibberish too. undecided
Oh so Cornelius was speaking gibberish? Thank God you said you weren't born again then. And pagans do not have the Spirit of God, so how can they speak in tongues?
Re: Seven Reasons You Need The Holy Spirit Of God by livingchrist: 10:36pm On May 08, 2021
OP is wrong, water baptism is not needed to recieve the holy ghost.

No one can box the holy Ghost, for example speaking in tongues was a sign to unbelieving world not to Christians.

It is not everybody that posses the holy spirit that speak in tongues, some has other gifts, the holy spirit works in diverse ways, no body can box him.
Re: Seven Reasons You Need The Holy Spirit Of God by Kobojunkiee: 10:39pm On May 08, 2021
LisaAnneMia:
Oh so Cornelius was speaking gibberish?
I don't know about Cornelius from 2000 years ago, but I know that the majority of Christians today who claim to speak in tongues speak the same kind of gibberish I have heard even pagans speak when in a trance or engage in their spiritual mumbo-jumbo. undecided
Re: Seven Reasons You Need The Holy Spirit Of God by LisaAnneMia: 10:39pm On May 08, 2021
livingchrist:

No one can box the holy Ghost, for example speaking in tongues was a sign to unbelieving world not to Christians.

It is not everybody that posses the holy spirit that speak in tongues, some has other gifts, the holy spirit works in diverse ways, no body can box him.
Abi o
Re: Seven Reasons You Need The Holy Spirit Of God by Kobojunkiee: 10:40pm On May 08, 2021
livingchrist:

So, Jesus Christ was wrong, in John 3, when He told Nicodemus that except a man be born of water and of spirit, He cannot enter into the Kingdom of God where the Spirit of God exists in? undecided

Speaking in tongues was a sign to unbelieving world, according to Jesus Christ or you? undecided
Re: Seven Reasons You Need The Holy Spirit Of God by LisaAnneMia: 10:41pm On May 08, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
I don't know about Cornelius from 2000 years ago, but I know that the majority of Christians today who claim to speak in tongues speak the same kind of gibberish I have heard even pagans speak when in a trance or engage in their spiritual mumbo-jumbo. undecided
The same way you dunno about Cornelius is the same way you CAN'T know about any believer who claims to speak in tongues. You're a mere mortal man, you're not God. You can't know who speaks in tongues or who speaks gibberish!
Re: Seven Reasons You Need The Holy Spirit Of God by Kobojunkiee: 10:45pm On May 08, 2021
LisaAnneMia:
The same way you dunno about Cornelius is the same way you CAN'T know about any believer who claims to speak in tongues. You're a mere mortal man, you're not God. You can't know who speaks in tongues or who speaks gibberish!
Wrong!

I don't know of Cornelius' case because we are separated by time. But I am able to use my ear and brain in analyzing the sounds and sights of what I hear Christians, who exist in the same time as I do , speaking and I know for a fact that what a majority speak is no language but gibberish. .. even the unbelievers who many of you believe your speaking in "tongues" a testimony to,know that what you spew is gibberish. undecided

There is lots of software to analyze language these days you know. undecided
Re: Seven Reasons You Need The Holy Spirit Of God by LisaAnneMia: 10:49pm On May 08, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
Wrong!

I don't know of Cornelius' case because we are separated by time. But I am able to use my eyes and brain to analyze what I hear Christians who exist in the same time as I do , and I know for a fact that what a majority speak is no language but gibberish. .. even the unbelievers who many of you believe your speaking in "tongues" a testimony to,know that what you spew is gibberish. undecided

There is lots of software to analyze language these days you know. undecided
Thank God you said "your eyes and brain"...your physical senses. We're not talking about the same thing here. Gut nacht! smiley
Re: Seven Reasons You Need The Holy Spirit Of God by Kobojunkiee: 10:50pm On May 08, 2021
LisaAnneMia:
Thank God you said "your eyes and brain"...your physical senses. We're not talking about the same thing here. Gut nacht! smiley
Yes we are taking about the same thing...

https://video.vice.com/en_us/video/speaking-in-tongues-excerpt/56cb727360f96b5e606f20e9?jwsource=cl
Re: Seven Reasons You Need The Holy Spirit Of God by LisaAnneMia: 10:53pm On May 08, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
Yes we are taking about the same thing...

https://video.vice.com/en_us/video/speaking-in-tongues-excerpt/56cb727360f96b5e606f20e9?jwsource=cl
cheesy God forbid I click on that! I'm talking spiritual you're talking physical. How's that the same thing ehn?
Re: Seven Reasons You Need The Holy Spirit Of God by Kobojunkiee: 10:55pm On May 08, 2021
LisaAnneMia:
cheesy God forbid I click on that! I'm talking spiritual you're talking physical. How's that the same thing ehn?
Enough of the spiritual bullsheet gimmick! undecided

That is a link to a video on vice, the news magazine where you listen to a recording and analysis of a so-called Pentecostal speaking in the typical gibberish language. undecided

If you have the spirit of God in you why are you afraid of anything else? undecided
Re: Seven Reasons You Need The Holy Spirit Of God by livingchrist: 10:56pm On May 08, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
So, Jesus Christ was wrong, in John 3, when He told Nicodemus that except a man be born of water and of spirit, He cannot enter into the Kingdom of God where the Spirit of God exists in? undecided

Speaking in tongues was a sign to unbelieving world, according to Jesus Christ or you? undecided
quit that thing you are taking before it ruin you completely
Re: Seven Reasons You Need The Holy Spirit Of God by Kobojunkiee: 10:57pm On May 08, 2021
livingchrist:
quit that thing you are taking before it ruin you completely
Again..

Re: Seven Reasons You Need The Holy Spirit Of God by LisaAnneMia: 11:01pm On May 08, 2021
Kobojunkiee:

That is a link to a video on vice, the news magazine where you listen to a recording and analysis of a so-called Pentecostal speaking in the typical gibberish language. undecided

If you have the spirit of God in you why are you afraid of anything else? undecided
cheesy You're Christ-like indeed. Gut nacht jawe!
Re: Seven Reasons You Need The Holy Spirit Of God by Kobojunkiee: 11:05pm On May 08, 2021
LisaAnneMia:
cheesy You're Christ-like indeed. Gut nacht jawe!
Again with the fears....

Example video of glossolalia
Re: Seven Reasons You Need The Holy Spirit Of God by LisaAnneMia: 11:08pm On May 08, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
Again with the fears....

Example video of glossolalia

tongue tongue

Re: Seven Reasons You Need The Holy Spirit Of God by Kobojunkiee: 1:50am On May 09, 2021
LisaAnneMia:
tongue tongue
The practice of Speaking in gibberish among so many Christians is not hidden to the world at all.

Pay close attention to the description in italics below. This is how you recognize gibberish...

[url=https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speaking_in_tongues#:~:text=Speaking%20in%20tongues%2C%20also%20known,languages%20unknown%20to%20the%20speaker.] Speaking in Tongues(Glossolalia) wikipedia's entry [/url]

In 1972, William J. Samarin, a linguist from the University of Toronto, published a thorough assessment of Pentecostal glossolalia that became a classic work on its linguistic characteristics.[12] His assessment was based on a large sample of glossolalia recorded in public and private Christian meetings in Italy, the Netherlands, Jamaica, Canada, and the United States over the course of five years; his wide range of subjects included the Puerto Ricans of the Bronx, the snake handlers of the Appalachians and the spiritual Christians from Russia in Los Angeles (Pryguny, Dukh-i-zhizniki).

Samarin found that glossolalic speech does resemble human language in some respects. The speaker uses accent, rhythm, intonation and pauses to break up the speech into distinct units. Each unit is itself made up of syllables, the syllables being formed from consonants and vowels found in a language known to the speaker:

It is verbal behaviour that consists of using a certain number of consonants and vowels ... in a limited number of syllables that in turn are organized into larger units that are taken apart and rearranged pseudogrammatically ... with variations in pitch, volume, speed and intensity.[13]

[Glossolalia] consists of strings of syllables, made up of sounds taken from all those that the speaker knows, put together more or less haphazardly but emerging nevertheless as word-like and sentence-like units because of realistic, language-like rhythm and melody.[14]

That the sounds are taken from the set of sounds already known to the speaker is confirmed by others. Felicitas Goodman, a psychological anthropologist and linguist, also found that the speech of glossolalists reflected the patterns of speech of the speaker's native language.[15] These findings were confirmed by Kavan (2004).[16]
Those who claim it a testimony of sorts to the world should know they are not at all impressed by what they hear. undecided
Re: Seven Reasons You Need The Holy Spirit Of God by oluwatosink: 8:28am On May 09, 2021
Re: Seven Reasons You Need The Holy Spirit Of God by oluwatosink: 1:03pm On May 09, 2021
There is a spirit in us, the Spirit is given to each and every one of us from God before we were born into this world. If we abide by the fruits of the Spirit, and accept Jesus Christ as our Savior then we'll receive the power of the Holy Spirit, a Spirit of God.
Re: Seven Reasons You Need The Holy Spirit Of God by LisaAnneMia: 1:40pm On May 09, 2021
oluwatosink:

Jesus was baptised before He recieved the Holy Spirit of God. You need to be baptised with water, it is highly important....

Lalasticlala
It's important to be baptised and I'm not disputing that. I also wanna get baptised. But to say that before the Holy Spirit dwells in you or before you speak in tongues, you'll need to be baptised with water, is what I don't agree with. You're boxing the Spirit of God by saying that. And I'm not agreeing based on my knowledge or experience but based on examples in the Bible. Thank you.
Re: Seven Reasons You Need The Holy Spirit Of God by Kobojunkie: 8:12pm On May 15, 2021
LisaAnneMia:
It's important to be baptised and I'm not disputing that. I also wanna get baptised. But to say that before the Holy Spirit dwells in you or before you speak in tongues, you'll need to be baptised with water, is what I don't agree with. You're boxing the Spirit of God by saying that. And I'm not agreeing based on my knowledge or experience but based on examples in the Bible. Thank you.
If you are not a part of the Kingdom of God, you cannot have the Spirit of God inside of you. undecided

To become a part of the Kingdom of God, you first need to be born-again (born of water and of spirit- note this is not the Spirit of God). What this means is that those who are not baptized in water are not of the Kingdom of God and so cannot have that which is given only to those who belong in the Kingdom of God. undecided

Jesus Christ is the one who boxed this all up well and good when He came declaring that His Kingdom was here, and that only those who are born-again & saved , a part of His Kingdom can truly become Sons of God -have access to that which is of Him. undecided
So, if you do not meet the entry requirements as far as the Kingdom of God is concerned - John 3 vs 1 -21, how then can you obtain that which Jesus Christ declares belongs only to those who are of His Kingdom? undecided

So test the spirits! undecided
Re: Seven Reasons You Need The Holy Spirit Of God by oluwatosink: 7:53am On May 16, 2021
We have modified the writing and this is a new thread.
Re: Seven Reasons You Need The Holy Spirit Of God by oluwatosink: 7:58am On May 16, 2021
Gilh gospel church.
June a month of loving the Holy Ghost.
Theme : Holy Ghost for the kingdom of heaven
Bible text : Romans 14:17
Re: Seven Reasons You Need The Holy Spirit Of God by oluwatosink: 8:41pm On Jun 05, 2021
God loves you!
Prepare for the second coming of Jesus Christ.
Amen.
Re: Seven Reasons You Need The Holy Spirit Of God by oluwatosink: 7:58am On Jun 06, 2021
Cc: lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

Yahuah Is The True Name Of God. / Being Nice vs. Telling The Truth / From Her Own Lips

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.