Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,492 members, 7,830,484 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:16 PM

Another Eye Witness Account Of Killing In The North - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Another Eye Witness Account Of Killing In The North (749 Views)

It`s A Lie, Jonathan Was Not Protected With 2,123 Policemen-Eye Witness Account / Eye Witness Account Of The BRT/Military Clash / Police Killing In Nasarawa: Gov. Al-makura May Be Indicted By Security Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Another Eye Witness Account Of Killing In The North by macjive01: 10:40am On Apr 26, 2011
The uniformed men that were deployed to the southern part of Kaduna were killing people based on religion. This happened live in front of my mum. An Igbo man was shot dead in front of my mum and brother by angry Hausa military men. Instead of calming the situation they resorted to killing the Christians. We can't go out of our houses anymore even if the curfew has been relaxed. We tiptoe to go out and also do the same all in
the name of one man called Buhari.

On that very Monday 18th of April 2011, my mum and brother went out to Maraba Rido area of Kaduna because my mum runs a school in that area and they had a physics practical that day.

While they were in school, they kept communicating with me that I and my siblings at home shouldn't go out.
I was on my way to the market when I saw smoke from far away Sabo and Barnawa.
I couldn't go again but called my cousin who's also serving (as a Youth Corper) in Kaduna to come out and see what was happening.
By this time people were all over the area standing in front of their houses.
While I was watching the smoke, I kept on communicating with my mum and brother to mind their movement over there in Maraba Rido.
While we were still outside watching over our lives, the Hausa people crossed river Kaduna to the south in Ungwar Majero, Narayi and shot 5 people dead.

Their women and children ran to my area in High Cost.
Their mosque and business centres were burnt in my area because we don't have any Hausa man living in my area.
We were outside waiting for my mum and brother until 6. P.M.
My mum was on her knees thanking God. She narrated the whole story to us.

This is it 'when I got to school, I started to hear gunshot and stopped the WAEC students from going out.
While the shooting was going on, one of my students was shot along with his friends by the Hausas, one of the boys died but my student was taken to the hospital (he is still in the hospital with his friends).
When everything had died down, I and one of my staff had to put the students in our vehicles to their respective homes.
On my way, I saw burnt houses and Mosques of the Hausas, along Refinery.
There were so many burnt dead bodies. I manage to scale thru.

When I got to Sabo, some Christian youths were searching cars to find out if we are Muslims with weapons, just as they were searching, the soldiers arrived and shot in the air. The bullet hit one of the youths who fell in the gutter while the others ran away but one stayed back as he knew someone in my car who he was greeting.
The soldiers asked him to unblock the road. While he was trying to remove the wooden planks, one of the soldiers laid him on the ground and shot him immediately.

The man was an Igbo and he was shot dead.
My brother said that these soldiers were angry Hausa people who were just shooting anyhow.
They finally opened the way for my mum and that was how she scaled through.
Since then it has not been easy because everything in Sabo market was burnt down. The little we see to buy is now times four times the previous price.
That's all I can say for now.

The road block was at post office road Sabo Tasha and that was where the man was shot
I also gathered from a friend that works with the NTA that their efforts to get Buhari to make a statement since Sunday did not yield fruit until it was late.
Despite warnings of reprisal attacks in Kaduna state, security whatever took no action. About the attacks in Kafanchan and environs, they received a call from Kafanchan at 2pm from distressed persons who were running from assailants in army uniforms, shooting and killing randomly up until day break.

Even when the real soldiers came, one had the effrontery to shoot a general who was asking the youth to stop the attack on Muslims.
That’s the country we are living in. instead of quelling the fire, we add more fuel to it.
May God help us.

http://www.elombah.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6399:kaduna-mayhem-an-eyewitness-account&catid=70:letters&Itemid=93
Re: Another Eye Witness Account Of Killing In The North by macjive01: 9:50pm On Apr 26, 2011
Even when the real soldiers came, one had the effrontery to shoot a general who was asking the youth to stop the attack on Muslims.

how cud that be true?
Re: Another Eye Witness Account Of Killing In The North by XueRengui: 2:16pm On Mar 09, 2015
Bad

(1) (Reply)

Gej His Own Man! Appoints Anyim Sgf / Boko Haram, Terrorism & Secession! / Reconcerned Olowu Of Owu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.