Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,271 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:07 AM

South Africa Considers Legalising Women To Marry More Than One Man - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / South Africa Considers Legalising Women To Marry More Than One Man (50052 Views)

Germany Considers Nationalization Of Russian Companies, Gazprom And Rosneft / UK Considers Supplying Anti Aircraft Star Streak Missiles To Ukraine / Taliban Announces ‘amnesty,’ Urges Women To Join Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South Africa Considers Legalising Women To Marry More Than One Man by Nobody: 5:34pm On May 09, 2021
Opak001:
Who will now be responsible for the children and their wellbeing

The wife husband's grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: South Africa Considers Legalising Women To Marry More Than One Man by mysticwarrior(m): 5:38pm On May 09, 2021
TMKsouth:

The article mentions the tribe in Nigeria that practiced this but mentioned it was abolished in the 60s. I mentioned this in that original post.
there has never been such barbarism in Nigeria, it is common with you promiscuous Bantus.
Re: South Africa Considers Legalising Women To Marry More Than One Man by NairaMaster1(m): 5:50pm On May 09, 2021
TMKsouth:
Polyandry in Nigeria

Although largely uncommon in Nigeria, there are tribes in Nigeria that also allow polyandry. Among the Irigwe of Northern Nigeria, women have traditionally acquired numerous spouses called “co-husbands”. The Irigwe people of Nigeria practiced a woman having co-husbands until their council voted to outlaw it in 1968. Until then, women moved from house to house, taking on multiple spouses, and the children’s paternity was assigned to the husband whose house the woman lived in at the time.

We are talking about today you're talking about 1960s

Can you tell us where there's a polyandry in Nigeria today?
Re: South Africa Considers Legalising Women To Marry More Than One Man by Opak001(m): 6:07pm On May 09, 2021
musicwriter:

And you think they're no wealthy women that can take care of the wellbeing of two men and children?

I am totally in support of this law by South Africa. Women have been cheated of their rights by men from creation. This's actually what the feminists should be calling for worldwide if they ever want to reset men's psyche towards women on a global scale.
they should start from the stop in demand of "urgent 2k".
Confuse blood dripping breed
Re: South Africa Considers Legalising Women To Marry More Than One Man by TMKsouth: 6:14pm On May 09, 2021
NairaMaster1:

We are talking about today you're talking about 1960s

Can you tell us where there's a polyandry in Nigeria today?

The post clearly stated it was outlawed in 1968.
Re: South Africa Considers Legalising Women To Marry More Than One Man by LastProphet: 6:22pm On May 09, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

And you would think they are getting westernized. Rather they are picking what favors their gender over what betters the world.
Yeah that's how most black people roll, dumb and dumber even when everything around him is evolving and developing. You should now understand how the fulanis have been able to remain retarded for this long, even in 20,000 years time they will still hope to follow cattle into forests. Try not to raise children here if you don't have yet

2 Likes

Re: South Africa Considers Legalising Women To Marry More Than One Man by TMKsouth: 6:22pm On May 09, 2021
Elidrisy20:
which Northern Nigeria, no come they blow rubbish for here abeg

Blame it on your own oga. I clearly put up this screenshot below for substantiation. U should have googled that article first before inboxing me huffing and puffing angry

Same goes for u mysticwarrior and your insults, learn to read.

Re: South Africa Considers Legalising Women To Marry More Than One Man by TMKsouth: 6:31pm On May 09, 2021
24brains:
ok that means no individual children for the men? A reason it makes no sense

Not all men want children, especially not 4! shocked You should also understand that on average South Africans have far less children than Nigerians. So a law like this can work better in SA.

1 Like

Re: South Africa Considers Legalising Women To Marry More Than One Man by 24brains(m): 6:42pm On May 09, 2021
TMKsouth:

Not all men want children, especially not 4! shocked You should also understand that on average South Africans have far less children than Nigerians. So a law like this can work better in SA.
yes not all men want children, but every married man wants a child. Else they will erect pillars to answer their names like a king in the bible. Instead of a woman using me as an intimacy gadget, I will rather buy a sex doll.
Re: South Africa Considers Legalising Women To Marry More Than One Man by Saintmary(f): 6:52pm On May 09, 2021
24brains:
as an ally, let's reason together. When a woman is given such privilege, she will abuse it.
There will be a lot of murder cases in the system. Maternal death Will be a problem too. Imagine a woman getting married to four men. And each of them want 4 kids from the woman. How far? How many years will it take to accomplish the mission following child spacing for a healthy womb ?

Actually, the more you argue against polyandry, the more I see the sense in it.

Imagine a woman between the ages of 21 and 40, 19 years, has about 2 kids each with 3 men, 6 in total.
Each man takes responsibility for his kids while she is free to make ample use of her fertility.

That way, women with fertility issues can free themselves.

Scream abomination all you want, but it makes a lot of sense.

3 Likes

Re: South Africa Considers Legalising Women To Marry More Than One Man by TMKsouth: 6:58pm On May 09, 2021
24brains:
yes not all men want children, but every married man wants a child. Else they will erect pillars to answer their names like a king in the bible. Instead of a woman using me as an intimacy gadget, I will rather buy a sex doll.

I don't see how a woman in this sort of marriage can't give each man at least one child. I was arguing against why those men would want 4 children each, which was your argument against this law.
Re: South Africa Considers Legalising Women To Marry More Than One Man by 24brains(m): 7:01pm On May 09, 2021
Saintmary post=101530067

Imagine a woman between the ages of 21 and 40, 19 years, has about 2 kids each with 3 men, 6 in total.
[s:

Each man takes responsibility for his kids while she is free to make ample use of her fertility.

That way, women with fertility issues can free themselves. [/s]
so each man take responsibility for his kid while the woman keep bleeping around? Give a woman a chance and she will abuse it.
Re: South Africa Considers Legalising Women To Marry More Than One Man by TMKsouth: 7:01pm On May 09, 2021
Saintmary:

That way, women with fertility issues can free themselves.

grin grin
Re: South Africa Considers Legalising Women To Marry More Than One Man by 24brains(m): 7:04pm On May 09, 2021
TMKsouth:

I don't see how a woman in this sort of marriage can't give each man at least one child. I was arguing against why those men would want 4 children each, which was your argument against this law.
we are on the same page. Not every man need just one child. some need children. So having multiple husbands will contradict individual wants
Re: South Africa Considers Legalising Women To Marry More Than One Man by Emmanuelellah: 7:05pm On May 09, 2021
This is weird thought that may not come to actualisation.
Re: South Africa Considers Legalising Women To Marry More Than One Man by 24brains(m): 7:06pm On May 09, 2021
Saintmary:

[s]Imagine a woman between the ages of 21 and 40, 19 years, has about 2 kids each with 3 men, 6 in total.
Each man takes responsibility for his kids while she is free to make ample use of her fertility

That way, women with fertility issues can free themselves.[/s]

so each man take responsibility for his kid while the woman keep bleeping around? Give a woman a chance and she will abuse it.

1 Like

Re: South Africa Considers Legalising Women To Marry More Than One Man by TMKsouth: 7:09pm On May 09, 2021
24brains:
we are on the same page. Not every man need just one child. He needs children

No, we are not on the same page. I'm saying if u want one child u might get it. If u want 2 then you begin to calculate how many other husbands there are, because if there are too many men you should make peace with having just one child. She's not a baby making mega-factory.
Re: South Africa Considers Legalising Women To Marry More Than One Man by 24brains(m): 7:13pm On May 09, 2021
TMKsouth:

No, we are not on the same page. I'm saying if u want one child u might get it. If u want 2 then you begin to calculate how many other husbands there are, because if there are too many men you should make peace with having just one child. She's not a baby making mega-factory.
if she's not a baby making factory, then she's a sex object. She can't escape either.

1 Like

Re: South Africa Considers Legalising Women To Marry More Than One Man by yom2(m): 7:16pm On May 09, 2021
ramdris:
SA is a land of oddness.. Dunno why I so dislike that country... They were better of during apartheid .....
they are a different specie
Re: South Africa Considers Legalising Women To Marry More Than One Man by TMKsouth: 7:18pm On May 09, 2021
24brains:
if she's not a baby making factory, then she's a sex object. She can't escape either.

I don't think you're the sort of guy these ladies would marry anyway, so just let them be and go your own way. But don't stand in their way to self determination and equality, it makes no difference to how u live your life.

1 Like

Re: South Africa Considers Legalising Women To Marry More Than One Man by 9jakool: 7:28pm On May 09, 2021
I don't understand people who celebrate baby mama culture, a societal problem of the US while simultaneously opposing polyandry, when the two are nearly identical. Baby mama culture is just unlegalized polyandry.
Re: South Africa Considers Legalising Women To Marry More Than One Man by 24brains(m): 7:30pm On May 09, 2021
TMKsouth:

I don't think you're the sort of guy these ladies would marry anyway, so just let them be and go your own way. But don't stand in their way to self determination and equality, it makes no difference to how u live your life.
yes because am not a simp. And I take no shit.
Re: South Africa Considers Legalising Women To Marry More Than One Man by TMKsouth: 7:55pm On May 09, 2021
24brains:
yes because am not a simp. And I take no shit.

Ok. There's someone out there for u.

2 Likes

Re: South Africa Considers Legalising Women To Marry More Than One Man by ofiko123(m): 8:07pm On May 09, 2021
South Africa, very terrible country.. Outrageously terrible..
Re: South Africa Considers Legalising Women To Marry More Than One Man by Cousin9999: 8:08pm On May 09, 2021
Actually considering this makes SA look like a sh**hole.

This would probably be used for tr4fficking. Furthermore, we see the abuse and dysfunction from men in regular marriages, or just in dating, imagine more than one husband. Why create such a dangerous situation for women?

A situation with multiple wives just doesn't carry these dangers. The way men and women are wired allows it to work. In fact, it arguably should be encouraged given the problems of broken homes, infidelity, out-of-wedlock children, and financial issues in monogamy.
Re: South Africa Considers Legalising Women To Marry More Than One Man by Ahmeduana(m): 9:03pm On May 09, 2021
OKO KAN O KUN IHO!!!!
Re: South Africa Considers Legalising Women To Marry More Than One Man by Saintmary(f): 9:21pm On May 09, 2021
24brains:

Is that not what men have been doing since the beginning of time? Sleeping around in the guise of polygamy while women clean up their mess.

No woman needs your permission to sleep with anyone.

P. S. You will never know what segxs feels like for a woman who knows what she's doing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africa Considers Legalising Women To Marry More Than One Man by Magnoliaa(f): 9:29pm On May 09, 2021
24brains:

Yeah. Like men haven't been abusing the 'chances they've been given'. Just say you're a fûcking misogynistic and hypocritical patriarch instead of hiding under the banner of "ally" or whatever. Chest it. We'll tear you, but at least it'll make the ripping easier.

1 Like

Re: South Africa Considers Legalising Women To Marry More Than One Man by wildikeman(m): 10:41pm On May 09, 2021
UDUJ:

Not surprised one bit. South African ladies are probably the most promiscuous set of females in Africa. I still remember how easy it was to get laid there back in 2014 smiley

Nigerian ladies remains number 1
Re: South Africa Considers Legalising Women To Marry More Than One Man by wildikeman(m): 10:41pm On May 09, 2021
UDUJ:

Not surprised one bit. South African ladies are probably the most promiscuous set of females in Africa. I still remember how easy it was to get laid there back in 2014 smiley

Nigerian ladies remains number 1
Re: South Africa Considers Legalising Women To Marry More Than One Man by jaxxy(m): 11:24pm On May 09, 2021
TMKsouth:

Cool, I get that.

I prefer liberal governance - it considers and protects other people's worldviews, especially minorities and the vulnerable.

Yes we should be liberal until we loose our senses. Infact we should let humans get married to animals. That’s the kind of liberal we need innit? Mr so liberal. undecided

There are somethings dat are plain stupid and disgusting and has nothing to do with liberalism.
Re: South Africa Considers Legalising Women To Marry More Than One Man by afrika(f): 11:47pm On May 09, 2021
Vulcanheph:

I hope you checked yourself for STDs... Because that country has a high number of HIV/AIDS carriers

Very true.
It's like checking on states like benue, Abuja, borno, Lagos etc for HIV ranking

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

America To Limit Donald Trump's Iran Military Action With 'War Power Resolution' / California Legalizes Sales Of Marijuana, Hundreds Queue Up To Purchase(Photos) / The Dazzling Crown Resting On Top Of The Queen’s Coffin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.