Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,131 members, 7,811,194 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:01 AM

Jesus, The True Vine. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus, The True Vine. (182 Views)

Christ The True Vine / Jesus Is The True Vine - Jesu Ni Ajara Toto / Marriage List Of True Vine Power House Ministry, Warri To Intending Couples (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Jesus, The True Vine. by AbundantLife05: 5:21am On May 09, 2021
ABUNDANT LIFE VISION.
JESUS, THE TRUE VINE. JOHN 15:1-10
“I am the true grapevine, and my Father is the gardener. He cuts off every branch of mine that doesn’t produce fruit, and he prunes the branches that do bear fruits so they will produce even more. You have already been pruned and purified by the message I have given you. Remain in me, and I will remain in you. For a branch cannot produce fruits if it is severed from the vine, and you cannot be fruitful unless you remain in me. Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing. Anyone who does not remain in me is thrown away like useless branch and withers. Such branches are gathered into a pile to be burned. But if you remain in me and my words remain in you, you may ask for anything you want, and it will be granted. When you produce much fruit, you are my true disciples. This brings great glory to my Father. I have loved you even as the Father has loved me. Remain in my love. When you obey my commandments, you remain in my love, just as I obey my Father’s commandments and remain in his love.” NLT.

Good morning my dear friends. I wish you a blissful Sunday and I pray that we will witness more of it if our Lord tarries in Jesus name. Today, we will look at Jesus, the true vine. It is important to know that God does not want us to live outside his presence. He wants us to have the trinity experience by abiding in him. The trinity is one because they abide together in love. When we live in him, we have life here on earth and in heaven. The life that we get by abiding in him gives us the following:
1. Jesus makes us bear fruits: John 15:2b & 5
It is the will of God for us to bear fruits because by bearing fruits, people will come to the understanding and knowledge of God, which will serve as a magnetic pull that will bring people into his kingdom. Mt 7:20 “Yes, just as you can identify a tree by its fruit, you can identify people by their actions.” NLT. Our fruits (actions, deeds) is our identity in this world to proclaim the kingdom of our Father in heaven.

2. Jesus increases us: John 15:2b
It is the responsibility of our Father in heaven to take care of those who are producing fruits in his kingdom for greater yield. This is because sin is very accessible in the world we live in, therefore, God takes it upon himself to protect those who are in him and by doing so, grow bigger and bring in more yield. Jude 1:24 “Now all glory to God, who is able to keep you from falling away and will bring you with great joy into hus glorious presence without a single fault.” NLT. God prunes us in order to increase through his word. John 15:3.

3. Jesus gives our lives meaning: John 15: 4-5
We children of God are nothing and useless without God. We cannot do anything without his empowerment. Acts 1:8, Jesus told his disciples that they will receive power after the Holy Spirit had come upon them which will in turn enable them preach all over the world. This means that that without God, witnessing about the kingdom is impossible. More so, the book of John 15:4-5 explains how useless we are if we are not in Christ as we can do nothing by our human might and wisdom.

4. Jesus ensures continuous connection to God: John 15:2a & 6
One of the things God detests is lack of return on the investment he has made in our lives. The bible in Mark 11:12-14, the bible shares the event that led to a fig tree getting cursed by Jesus because it was not producing fruit at that time. Therefore, we Christians do not have the luxury of being careless and nonchalant. We are expected to be at our best at every time by bearing fruits. This is what God desires from his children and when this is not done, he cuts off unproductive branches and takes care of the productive ones. The consequence of this is that the branches that have been cut off becomes dry (more useless) and end up in hell (gathered into a pile to be burned). This relates to those who have gone back from their original love of God. He wants you to re dedicate your lives to him and begin to produce fruits for him in order to avoid being cut away from him.

5. Jesus ensures that our prayers are answered: John 15:7
The book of Matthew 7:7 says “keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you.” NLT. Our God answers prayers and he will stay true to the promise that he will give us anything we ask for in his name as seen in the scripture above, but there is a condition to this. The condition is found in John 15:7. For our prayers to be answered, we have to be in him, for without this, our prayers may not be answered.

Lastly, we can only remain in God through love. By keeping the commandments of God which is to love him and our neighbours. Mark 12:30-31. If we do this, we are kept in him and we will keep on producing fruits. Therefore, if you are ready to join the family of God or you are an unproductive part and you want things to change, say this prayer after me; Lord Jesus, I come to you humbly and I confess that I am a sinner, save me and be my Lord. Wash away my sins and take me into your fold and give me the power to transmit your gift to others. Amen. If you recited the prayer, I rejoice with you and I welcome you into the fold. Do well to join a bible believing church as you begin your new life in Christ. May the grace of our Lord Jesus be with you dear friends.

If you have been blessed by this write up and you have questions, comments and contribution, you can contact Abundant Life Vision on the following platforms:
Twitter: @VisionAbundant
Instagram: visionabundantlife
Email: visionabundantlife@gmail.com
God bless you.

(1) (Reply)

In The Light Of Truth: The Evolution Of Creation / Late Comers Come Here / Bishop Oyedepo Reveals What Will Happen To Whoever Serving Him This Week - Check

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.