Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,094 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:37 AM

#JusticeForOmolara: Omolara Omoyajuwolo's Death & Beachlan Hospital's Negligence - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / #JusticeForOmolara: Omolara Omoyajuwolo's Death & Beachlan Hospital's Negligence (32044 Views)

#JusticeForPeju, #JusticeForOmolara: FCCPC Begins Investigation / #JusticeForPeju: Peju Ugboma's Death & Premier Hospital's Negligence / Monkeypox: Family Of Suicide Victim In Bayelsa Blames Hospital's Negligence. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #JusticeForOmolara: Omolara Omoyajuwolo's Death & Beachlan Hospital's Negligence by sisisioge: 11:58am On May 09, 2021
ParkleElegant:

I feel ur pain bro, when they told my mum in an hospital in Nyanyan, Abuja that it was just a fibroid n needs no operation,when it was a fibroid that has gotten infected and needed to be removed urgently, they gave her an injection n asked me n Dad to go home, latter that evening on d same day, we rushed mum to d hospital cause she couldn't breath n was bleeding badly, they told us to deposit 24,000 which dad begged and cried that they should commence with d treatment, that he was going to bring d money d next day,they refused saying "no money no treatment" dad rushed out of the hospital to look for d money n asked me to stay wit mum... I saw my mum literally go down on her knees,crying n begging the nurses to treat her, the only thing they did was chat,a doctor came out, saw d situation asked wat d problem was,then he told them to take her to a ward, we all thought that God has sent a helper but what they did was abandoned us there, I saw my mum didnt HV d strength to talk,ran n called d nurse but they ignored me, my mum whispered and told me to take her to d nurse,I did,she please but they ignored,my mum pleaded till she breath her last with her on her knees n tears on her eyes, d only thing they do was tell someone to take her body to the mortuary without any remorse... Dad came back with the money after sweating n looking dirty, he came and saw me with my mother lying on the floor in the mortuary... This doctors n nurses re not compassionate

Dearest Lord in heaven! Please tell your dad to buy an health insurance package for you guys. It is well....may God keep us all healthy.

1 Like

Re: #JusticeForOmolara: Omolara Omoyajuwolo's Death & Beachlan Hospital's Negligence by captainbangz: 11:59am On May 09, 2021
seniormallam:
The idiots that was supposed to run dialysis for my mum, said he doesn't come to work on Sunday, that we must wait till monday.......the werey nurse even pass the message in front of my sick mum that was expecting the man to come, she just gave up the struggling to live......from the bottom of my heart I felt like bombing the hospital and go ahead to kill every family members in the doctors family.......it's Asokoro general hospital
If I remember how my mum died, My eyes always dropped tears. She was admitted the first time, got transfused, got better. Later the blood dried up, we went back, instead, as a professional to figure out why, They transfused again. Imagine....I now understand why most of these politicians are traveling abroad for medics.

1 Like

Re: #JusticeForOmolara: Omolara Omoyajuwolo's Death & Beachlan Hospital's Negligence by Udodiri01: 12:01pm On May 09, 2021
Tot it was the same post
Re: #JusticeForOmolara: Omolara Omoyajuwolo's Death & Beachlan Hospital's Negligence by Udodiri01: 12:03pm On May 09, 2021
This days of Google doctors.... Pls use Google before you go to hospital, use Google if them won give you drugs, use Google at any time thanks

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: #JusticeForOmolara: Omolara Omoyajuwolo's Death & Beachlan Hospital's Negligence by remigiusizunna(m): 12:08pm On May 09, 2021
post=101516256:

This is a rather unfortunate incident.
Very unfortunate.
Our Health Ministry need to wake up and do more.
So sad.
RIP Lara.
An orphan is gone!!
cry cry cry
Gosh!
First time you're sounding sensible
Re: #JusticeForOmolara: Omolara Omoyajuwolo's Death & Beachlan Hospital's Negligence by Chukwuedwin1993(m): 12:10pm On May 09, 2021
Visit the school of Medical sciences in our universities you will understand that Nigerian Medical profession is in trouble. You see students sorting to pass exams then what do you expect in the Long run?. Those that scored as low as 180 in UTME are offered provisional admission to study Medicine and Surgery.

2 Likes

Re: #JusticeForOmolara: Omolara Omoyajuwolo's Death & Beachlan Hospital's Negligence by Udodiri01: 12:19pm On May 09, 2021
If you can see this, try as much as possible to avoid visiting Nigerian hospitals / death traps... E get why
Re: #JusticeForOmolara: Omolara Omoyajuwolo's Death & Beachlan Hospital's Negligence by Mrbenny001: 12:22pm On May 09, 2021
Most hospitals in Nigeria don't use professional nurses.. they use these auxiliary nurse plus nurses are not well paid..no motivation..no training no nothing..they give same injection to almost every sickness..once your don pass malaria and typhoid... only God can rescue you

3 Likes

Re: #JusticeForOmolara: Omolara Omoyajuwolo's Death & Beachlan Hospital's Negligence by Jman06(m): 12:40pm On May 09, 2021
Tedpgrass:

This is no complicated pharmaceutical care but just taking a basic allergy history and having at hand.. Phenergan injections / hydrocortisone injection / adrenaline with oxygen - - - contents of an emergency crash trolley.

Taking a careful medical history - conditions that run in patients and their families help

You often find that patients don't have a full knowledge of their own history or don't remember in some cases.

That's why wearing dog tags for those with allergies-- antibiotics, latex, even paracetamol - - is very good. Also those with diabetes, renal or liver failure.

Incorporating pharmaceutical care helps! Before drugs are administered to patients, a clinical pharmacist should see the patient. They're in a better position to take those histories and brainstorm with the doctor to determine appropriate drugs for the patient's condition. Their jobs shouldn't just be to dispense drugs! Many lives would be saved if we start allowing pharmacists play pharmaceutical care roles in the wards like is done in the developed nations!

You alluded to allergies as though allergic reactions are the only drug therapy problems we have. There are many DTPs and some can lead to patient's death!

4 Likes

Re: #JusticeForOmolara: Omolara Omoyajuwolo's Death & Beachlan Hospital's Negligence by fitinwell: 12:41pm On May 09, 2021
Again..., shocked
Re: #JusticeForOmolara: Omolara Omoyajuwolo's Death & Beachlan Hospital's Negligence by mastertek: 12:42pm On May 09, 2021
Nobody should complain ooo if you are one of the people that's still have hope in this jungle call Nigerian.

You all should started crying for dissolution of this country, very important and that's where the future lies.

Stop deceiving yourself, come out and demand for breakup of this country, if not, you are on long things

2 Likes

Re: #JusticeForOmolara: Omolara Omoyajuwolo's Death & Beachlan Hospital's Negligence by Noblewealth(m): 12:43pm On May 09, 2021
So painful, may we not fall sick.. #sobs

2 Likes

Re: #JusticeForOmolara: Omolara Omoyajuwolo's Death & Beachlan Hospital's Negligence by taiwolomo1: 12:45pm On May 09, 2021
wpadmin:
My Aunt was sick a certain time, she had a goiter on her head and was very lean.

When we got to the hospital, without running test, the nurses that came outside to carry her inside (she could not walk) automatically concluded that she had HIV.

My Aunt heard it and felt bad.

Life and patient’s emotions cost nothing here.

If we don’t start to sue irresponsible hospital staffs, this won’t stop.
The ones your foolish govt paid their salaries as at when due! Lots of staffs u see working in the Hosp are depressed! Some have nt collected salaries for months...pls how do u want this guys to concentrate

1 Like

Re: #JusticeForOmolara: Omolara Omoyajuwolo's Death & Beachlan Hospital's Negligence by Eillyeillz(m): 12:46pm On May 09, 2021
RIP to her.

That Chest pain is no joke, but I self medicate and it's been working for me. I hope people take this up and that hospital pays for her death.

Soon as I got to the part where they "wrote you a referral latter" I knew she was gone. The exact same thing happened to my uncle, the same excuse of Running out of having run out of Oxygen. Sorry again for your loss.

1 Like

Re: #JusticeForOmolara: Omolara Omoyajuwolo's Death & Beachlan Hospital's Negligence by Eillyeillz(m): 12:50pm On May 09, 2021
taiwolomo1:
The ones your foolish govt paid their salaries as at when due! Lots of staffs u see working in the Hosp are depressed! Some have nt collected salaries for months...pls how do u want this guys to concentrate

Sir that is no excuse, if you know you can't carry out your duty to the best of your ability, then don't show up to work at all. You're dealing with something as delicate as someone's Life. You can't be mental disorganized. Stay at home and deal with your issues don't bring it to work and take it out on the people whom you're suppose to take care of.

4 Likes

Re: #JusticeForOmolara: Omolara Omoyajuwolo's Death & Beachlan Hospital's Negligence by sheymoni(m): 12:54pm On May 09, 2021
A doctor told me in September 2019 at the UCH Ibadan that the best doctors in Nigeria have left for Europe , America, Canada and Middle East. He said those that are left behind are those that didn’t pass the required exam to move or those that have their private hospitals.

3 Likes

Re: #JusticeForOmolara: Omolara Omoyajuwolo's Death & Beachlan Hospital's Negligence by Walentino22(m): 12:58pm On May 09, 2021
So sad ��� this story is nothing but truth, I was at lasuth on friday when the incident happen, to check on my relative at the same
place medical emergency...
Anyway many soul rest in peace

HonNL:
#JusticeForOmolara: Twitter user alleges hospital negligence as Omolara dies

As shared by a Twitter user

charah_xx

1 Like

Re: #JusticeForOmolara: Omolara Omoyajuwolo's Death & Beachlan Hospital's Negligence by Brushstrokes20: 1:06pm On May 09, 2021
Most Nigerian hospitals are slaughter labs...

That was how l lost my mum to some stone cold, heartless, bloodthirsty , so called doctors at yaba millitary hospital!....

.I bought oxygen by 9pm and no personnel to fix it till 6.30 am, amongst many other severely unimaginable lapses.....

And how on earth can the health sector ever improve when the shameless PRESIDENT is the No 1 MEDICAL TOURIST...pathetic bunch of self serving THIEVES and irresponsible criminals!

4 Likes

Re: #JusticeForOmolara: Omolara Omoyajuwolo's Death & Beachlan Hospital's Negligence by Theyoungmatron: 1:11pm On May 09, 2021
From the story, the hospital staff did all they could with the available resources on ground. The friend is beclouded and overwhelmed by emotions.
Re: #JusticeForOmolara: Omolara Omoyajuwolo's Death & Beachlan Hospital's Negligence by Ekaka1(m): 1:22pm On May 09, 2021
HonNL:
#JusticeForOmolara: Twitter user alleges hospital negligence as Omolara dies

As shared by a Twitter user

charah_xx
Another familiar case of gross negligence right there:
1. She got back to same hospital with her history yet there was no sense of urgency
2. They knew she was running out of oxygen and was saturating low, yet their oximeter was running low on power and once they were told she was saturating at 90% and below...they should have spotted the red flag...in fact they should have put her on 2-4litres of oxygen once they dictated she wasn't breathing well while carrying out diagnosis for pneumonia or even covid 19 shocked
3. They did not have enough oxygen and should have referred her immediately they sensed that they were ill equipped
4. They did not have a working ambulance or even a back ambulance...very common occurrence in Nigeria
5. Feels like they wanted to just get rid of the patient only when they discovered she may not make it..

Make sure, you advise the family to carry out an independent Autopsy, get a lawyer too...and make sure her medical history with the hospital is not tampered with......this should get the kind of attention Peju Ugboma is getting now...
Re: #JusticeForOmolara: Omolara Omoyajuwolo's Death & Beachlan Hospital's Negligence by wpadmin: 1:36pm On May 09, 2021
taiwolomo1:

It was a private hospital.
Re: #JusticeForOmolara: Omolara Omoyajuwolo's Death & Beachlan Hospital's Negligence by Eriokanmi: 1:39pm On May 09, 2021
It's high time we went back to alternate medicine and trust God for total healing. Half-baked doctors everywhere
Re: #JusticeForOmolara: Omolara Omoyajuwolo's Death & Beachlan Hospital's Negligence by Tedpgrass: 1:51pm On May 09, 2021
Jman06:
Incorporating pharmaceutical care helps! Before drugs are administered to patients, a clinical pharmacist should see the patient. They're in a better position to take those histories and brainstorm with the doctor to determine appropriate drugs for the patient's condition. Their jobs shouldn't just be to dispense drugs! Many lives would be saved if we start allowing pharmacists play pharmaceutical care roles in the wards like is done in the developed nations!

You alluded to allergies as though allergic reactions are the only drug therapy problems we have. There are many DTPs and some can lead to patient's death!

Your submissions are recognised but not practicable in an environment such as Naija where basic core staff such as medics and nurses are in few numbers. That's why education is limited to these core clinical staff with regards to allergy history - taking and also minimising drug errors.

Yes in developed climates where abundant resources aid good undergraduate education (clinical pharmacokinetics alongside physiology) all through to practice as a clinical pharmacist.. and maintenance in the postgrad realm through regular specific CPD support...

But in Naija, where 1 person doubles up as the quasi-physician, nursing assistant, lab scientist and pharmacy technician,....... I don't see that role developing quickly in an equitable, consistent manner and also the macro-economics alongside patient's preference will not enable sufficient forward-planning to cement the vision.

A quick survey amongst most Naija pharmacists may also identify a lack of engagement in that direction. It's more work to their ever-growing burden with little money to show for it.

Re: #JusticeForOmolara: Omolara Omoyajuwolo's Death & Beachlan Hospital's Negligence by naija1stnigar(m): 1:59pm On May 09, 2021
No matter how good a private hospital may look government or public health centres are way far ahead of them, many of those private hospitals can't afford to employ high professionals and can only manage some averagely experienced doctors, in my own case I was taken to a private hospital in Akure for liver related issues thank God the doctor I met was faithful enough to tell me they didn't have professionals who could handle the issue and he advised me to go to federal medical centre owo and when I got there I discovered I was first attended to by some young doctors as time goes by I discovered older doctors and high professionals took over while the younger ones were taking notes and fixing drips on my body, it took God to save my life with the efforts of those highly experienced doctors, what most private hospitals do is to cash out on patients before referral while the patient's life is hanging in the balance. The button line is that no matter how good a private hospital may look government hospitals are far ahead of them.

3 Likes

Re: #JusticeForOmolara: Omolara Omoyajuwolo's Death & Beachlan Hospital's Negligence by Nobody: 2:07pm On May 09, 2021
May we not have any serious health issues. Those docs/nurses can be terrible at times
Re: #JusticeForOmolara: Omolara Omoyajuwolo's Death & Beachlan Hospital's Negligence by mofedamijo(m): 2:12pm On May 09, 2021
RIP to this young lady.

Before you blame the Hospitals..... The question is, who are the staffs.

I blame the government 100%.

1) Hospitals are under equipped.

2) Staffs are not paid.

3) You employ a roadside Nurse to carry out complicated and advanced medical procedures, how? Its like telling Kazeem to repair a Tesla or Range Rover Autobiography.... How??

4) Staff are not trained, neither do they go for upgrading studies or courses.

The best Nigerian nurses and Doctors are in the U.K, U.S, Canada, Australia.....they left to practise in a sane society, where their work is well compensated, their retirement/gratuity is in place. They are celebrated, they can help their families back home.

If it were you, wouldn't you rather travel out and be able to practice at the highest level, technologically, financially, academically........?
Re: #JusticeForOmolara: Omolara Omoyajuwolo's Death & Beachlan Hospital's Negligence by DrFunmisticGlow: 2:15pm On May 09, 2021
She shouldn't blame the hospital but blame a nigerian Health system designed to fail your friend and many innocent nigerians.

From the story, I don't see any issue of negligence here. Just a government that failed it's citizens.

While i sympathize with the poster, she is using the time meant for grieving to lash out at healthworkers who are also victims of a failed health system.

Any lawyer advising her to sue is probably money hungry, and might not win the case.

May Omolara rest in peace and her loved ones have the fortitude to bear the loss.

1 Like

Re: #JusticeForOmolara: Omolara Omoyajuwolo's Death & Beachlan Hospital's Negligence by Jman06(m): 2:26pm On May 09, 2021
Tedpgrass:

Your submissions are recognised but not practicable in an environment such as Naija where basic core staff such as medics and nurses are in few numbers. That's why education is limited to these core clinical staff with regards to allergy history - taking and also minimising drug errors.

Yes in developed climates where abundant resources aid good undergraduate education (clinical pharmacokinetics alongside physiology) all through to practice as a clinical pharmacist.. and maintenance in the postgrad realm through regular specific CPD support...

But in Naija, where 1 person doubles up as the quasi-physician, nursing assistant, lab scientist and pharmacy technician,....... I don't see that role developing quickly in an equitable, consistent manner and also the macro-economics alongside patient's preference will not enable sufficient forward-planning to cement the vision.

A quick survey amongst most Naija pharmacists may also identify a lack of engagement in that direction. It's more work to their ever-growing burden with little money to show for it.

Let's stop making excuses for a bad system and work towards righting the wrongs we have ignored for ages!

Many pharmacists in the country are very much ready to practice clinical pharmacy but are being restricted by the bad system. Aside the approval of the Pharm.D program by NUC which aims to produce more clinically inclined pharmacists, some of these pharmacists have gone further to go through the West African College of Pharmacy at their own expense to acquire all the training they need to practice clinical pharmacy but rather than recognize and put them into use for the patient's gain, our hospital managers (most of whom are physicians) have continued to sideline them at the detriment of the healthcare-consuming populace. So, some of these pharmacists now practice pharmaceutical care in their private pharmacies.

The government should make no mistake of being tight fisted when it comes to remunerating healthcare workers because health is wealth since only a healthy person can work and contribute to the nation's GDP.
Re: #JusticeForOmolara: Omolara Omoyajuwolo's Death & Beachlan Hospital's Negligence by MarketDispatch: 2:28pm On May 09, 2021
This is what happens when our doctors are now more of Tiktokers and Instagram nudist.

1 Like

Re: #JusticeForOmolara: Omolara Omoyajuwolo's Death & Beachlan Hospital's Negligence by Exodora: 2:35pm On May 09, 2021
Many of our nurses are illiterate . How can somebody who could not read or write be a nurse .
One 5months old baby was taken to a hospital on getting there the doctor was not around the idiotic nurse just injected the baby boom the baby started reacting to the injection after some minutes the idiot injected the baby again and the mother seeing the baby calm thought her baby was sleeping after some hours the baby never make any movement she tried to wake her but then she is long gone .
I said something on Tweeter some months ago concerning our health system and one idiot was attacking am going back right there to call the fool's attention again .

1 Like

Re: #JusticeForOmolara: Omolara Omoyajuwolo's Death & Beachlan Hospital's Negligence by BennyDon: 2:45pm On May 09, 2021
May her soul RIP.

What a loss!
Re: #JusticeForOmolara: Omolara Omoyajuwolo's Death & Beachlan Hospital's Negligence by SapphirePRINCEX(f): 2:50pm On May 09, 2021
sisisioge:

Dearest Lord in heaven! Please tell your dad to buy an health insurance package for you guys. It is well....may God keep us all healthy.
How do one buy an health insurance package?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Hotels, School Dormitories To Be Used As Isolation Centres - FG / Fear Of Ebola: Villagers Flee From The Sight Of Red Cross And Western Doctors / Body Types For Females And Males

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.