Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,943 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:29 PM

#JusticeForOmolara: Omolara Omoyajuwolo's Death & Beachlan Hospital's Negligence - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / #JusticeForOmolara: Omolara Omoyajuwolo's Death & Beachlan Hospital's Negligence (32043 Views)

#JusticeForPeju, #JusticeForOmolara: FCCPC Begins Investigation / #JusticeForPeju: Peju Ugboma's Death & Premier Hospital's Negligence / Monkeypox: Family Of Suicide Victim In Bayelsa Blames Hospital's Negligence. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #JusticeForOmolara: Omolara Omoyajuwolo's Death & Beachlan Hospital's Negligence by Adroit97: 2:57pm On May 09, 2021
Hypotension and the hospital telling d deceased to put her head on d op's laps, raising the laps again...am confused, is dt the right thing?
Re: #JusticeForOmolara: Omolara Omoyajuwolo's Death & Beachlan Hospital's Negligence by FatherCHRISTMAS: 2:59pm On May 09, 2021
ParkleElegant:

I feel ur pain bro, when they told my mum in an hospital in Nyanyan, Abuja that it was just a fibroid n needs no operation,when it was a fibroid that has gotten infected and needed to be removed urgently, they gave her an injection n asked me n Dad to go home, latter that evening on d same day, we rushed mum to d hospital cause she couldn't breath n was bleeding badly, they told us to deposit 24,000 which dad begged and cried that they should commence with d treatment, that he was going to bring d money d next day,they refused saying "no money no treatment" dad rushed out of the hospital to look for d money n asked me to stay wit mum... I saw my mum literally go down on her knees,crying n begging the nurses to treat her, the only thing they did was chat,a doctor came out, saw d situation asked wat d problem was,then he told them to take her to a ward, we all thought that God has sent a helper but what they did was abandoned us there, I saw my mum didnt HV d strength to talk,ran n called d nurse but they ignored me, my mum whispered and told me to take her to d nurse,I did,she please but they ignored,my mum pleaded till she breath her last with her on her knees n tears on her eyes, d only thing they do was tell someone to take her body to the mortuary without any remorse... Dad came back with the money after sweating n looking dirty, he came and saw me with my mother lying on the floor in the mortuary... This doctors n nurses re not compassionate

God this is somewhere in Nigeria. The federal capital
Re: #JusticeForOmolara: Omolara Omoyajuwolo's Death & Beachlan Hospital's Negligence by sisisioge: 3:07pm On May 09, 2021
SapphirePRINCEX:
How do one buy an health insurance package?

Just google HMOs in Nigeria and you will see a lot of recommendations. Hygea, axa mansard, Avon...there are several of them. May God help us.

1 Like

Re: #JusticeForOmolara: Omolara Omoyajuwolo's Death & Beachlan Hospital's Negligence by Tedpgrass: 3:11pm On May 09, 2021
Jman06:
Let's stop making excuses for a bad system and work towards righting the wrongs we have ignored for ages!

Many pharmacists in the country are very much ready to practice clinical pharmacy but are being restricted by the bad system. Aside the approval of the Pharm.D program by NUC which aims to produce more clinically inclined pharmacists, some of these pharmacists have gone further to go through the West African College of Pharmacy at their own expense to acquire all the training they need to practice clinical pharmacy but rather than recognize and put them into use for the patient's gain, our hospital managers (most of whom are physicians) have continued to sideline them at the detriment of the healthcare-consuming populace. So, some of these pharmacists now practice pharmaceutical care in their private pharmacies.

The government should make no mistake of being tight fisted when it comes to remunerating healthcare workers because health is wealth since only a healthy person can work and contribute to the nation's GDP.

Your comments are noted

I think in the private hospitals.. The governance framework is non existent and therefore leads to some concern or anxiety..
This may be corrected by having the large ward rounds of yesteryears or having a pharmaceutical ward round before the major ward round.

The bottom line is the need for detailed real-time communication and of course funding. In a privately run exercise, funding rather Governance may be the primary obstacle.

Regarding your comments about Government, your comments say it all...

But I'd mention that if the safety and protection of its citizens from bandits, herdsmen and terrorist attacks alongside equipping its army or airforce is below par, not entirely sure if the health needs of its population sits high on their list of priorities.

1 Like

Re: #JusticeForOmolara: Omolara Omoyajuwolo's Death & Beachlan Hospital's Negligence by ziga: 3:23pm On May 09, 2021
How many "hospitals" in Nigeria have CT scanners? Or even electricity to operate them when needed?
Re: #JusticeForOmolara: Omolara Omoyajuwolo's Death & Beachlan Hospital's Negligence by PeacenLove2: 3:24pm On May 09, 2021
NeoWanZaeed:
Doctors and hospital officials have killed more patients than diseases.

I saw wehm when I was in unth.. That ICU idiots just dey kill people with their negligence.

Na talk and gist them dey do..

I turned myself to doctor and saved my mum from those stupid idiots at ICU.

People wey leave their patients go sleep for waiting room.. Most of their patients died

9ja is gone on all levels

Never ever ever ever leave your loved ones alone at Nigerian hospitals. This could be what would determine whether they live or not.
Re: #JusticeForOmolara: Omolara Omoyajuwolo's Death & Beachlan Hospital's Negligence by Segzy19: 3:39pm On May 09, 2021
See why I always tell people to guard their health jealousy in Nigeria, especially if you don't have money to fly out or to afford good and quality health care.

The health system will fail you in time of need...

Prevention is better than cure. The healthcare system won't cure it in Nigeria; therefore prevent it
Re: #JusticeForOmolara: Omolara Omoyajuwolo's Death & Beachlan Hospital's Negligence by ankaravillageng: 3:53pm On May 09, 2021
sheymoni:
A doctor told me in September 2019 at the UCH Ibadan that the best doctors in Nigeria have left for Europe , America, Canada and Middle East. He said those that are left behind are those that didn’t pass the required exam to move or those that have their private hospitals.

Exactly, I keep telling people this.
Re: #JusticeForOmolara: Omolara Omoyajuwolo's Death & Beachlan Hospital's Negligence by rollandben(m): 5:04pm On May 09, 2021
Unprofesionals everywhere...the hospital and those doctors on duties need TO be question and santions
Re: #JusticeForOmolara: Omolara Omoyajuwolo's Death & Beachlan Hospital's Negligence by doggedfighter(f): 6:02pm On May 09, 2021
Eillyeillz:
RIP to her.

That Chest pain is no joke, but I self medicate and it's been working for me. I hope people take this up and that hospital pays for her death.

Soon as I got to the part where they "wrote you a referral latter" I knew she was gone. The exact same thing happened to my uncle, the same excuse of Running out of having run out of Oxygen. Sorry again for your loss.

What do you use?
Re: #JusticeForOmolara: Omolara Omoyajuwolo's Death & Beachlan Hospital's Negligence by taiwolomo1: 6:24pm On May 09, 2021
Eillyeillz:

Sir that is no excuse, if you know you can't carry out your duty to the best of your ability, then don't show up to work at all. You're dealing with something as delicate as someone's Life. You can't be mental disorganized. Stay at home and deal with your issues don't bring it to work and take it out on the people whom you're suppose to take care of.
you guys pretend as if you don't know how Nigeria works!? Would the Hosp managemt allow him to stay at home coz he wasn't paid? Do u hv another job for him or her if he lost his job?? Abi u hv forgoten how ur govt impose no work no pay thingy! So coz he's nt paid...he shdnt go to work so he can be sack abi! U guys just spew thrash. He has no justification for negligence but lots of this health works are suffering in silence!

1 Like

Re: #JusticeForOmolara: Omolara Omoyajuwolo's Death & Beachlan Hospital's Negligence by Gr8amechi: 7:04pm On May 09, 2021
HonNL:
#JusticeForOmolara: Twitter user alleges hospital negligence as Omolara dies

As shared by a Twitter user

charah_xx

Sorry for your loss and may her soul find rest.
There are actually too many negligence these days.
I hope your friend gets justice.

That being said, everyone is in a hurry to blame a doctor, everyone is in a hurry to crucify a doctor when things like this happen without hearing their side of the story.

Our healthcare system is dead, any doctor who is still working is only doing so to buy time and look for money to move, we don't practice idea medicine, we are handicap, we barely make appropriate diagnosis, either the patients do not have money for proper investigation or the facilities fo not have equipment for these investigations.
The worse is these doctors are over worked,

Just as we are all pushing for justice and the doctor being punished, let us hold the government who is the regulator accountable.

We need a total overhaul of the health sector, can you enter a plane knowing the pilot hasn't slept in the last 30 hours??

The government must regulate hospital properly, we need more hands, imagine not having a nurse to monitor a patient who this critical.

God save our healthcare

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #JusticeForOmolara: Omolara Omoyajuwolo's Death & Beachlan Hospital's Negligence by Benwems(m): 7:13pm On May 09, 2021
Nigerian doctors only know how look for salary and praises. When you stand up to them, they would say you are jealous.

1 Like

Re: #JusticeForOmolara: Omolara Omoyajuwolo's Death & Beachlan Hospital's Negligence by Benwems(m): 7:32pm On May 09, 2021
MzTunechi:
The health sector is in shambles and our wicked leaders do not care
Stop calling the wicked leaders. It’s the doctors that are wicked. It’s not everything we blame government. Was it government that told them to mismanage the case?
Re: #JusticeForOmolara: Omolara Omoyajuwolo's Death & Beachlan Hospital's Negligence by JuanDeDios: 8:35pm On May 09, 2021
wpadmin:
My Aunt was sick a certain time, she had a goiter on her head and was very lean.

When we got to the hospital, without running test, the nurses that came outside to carry her inside (she could not walk) automatically concluded that she had HIV.

My Aunt heard it and felt bad.

Life and patient’s emotions cost nothing here.

If we don’t start to sue irresponsible hospital staffs, this won’t stop.
I've read quite a few hospital stories today, and this one is a sure contender for the gold medal in the hall of shame!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #JusticeForOmolara: Omolara Omoyajuwolo's Death & Beachlan Hospital's Negligence by blacknoir: 9:03pm On May 09, 2021
Rip dear. Nigeria centre of dream killing. Such a young promising woman. Ipray she finds peace in the after life.justice for omolara
Re: #JusticeForOmolara: Omolara Omoyajuwolo's Death & Beachlan Hospital's Negligence by armadeo(m): 9:13pm On May 09, 2021
Femeto:
Until we start burning down those evil hospitals nothing will change. We have a corrupt government

What if the property is rented?
Re: #JusticeForOmolara: Omolara Omoyajuwolo's Death & Beachlan Hospital's Negligence by BerrykissAkah: 9:31pm On May 09, 2021
HonNL:
#JusticeForOmolara: Twitter user alleges hospital negligence as Omolara dies

As shared by a Twitter user

charah_xx

Re: #JusticeForOmolara: Omolara Omoyajuwolo's Death & Beachlan Hospital's Negligence by Eillyeillz(m): 10:48pm On May 09, 2021
taiwolomo1:
you guys pretend as if you don't know how Nigeria works!? Would the Hosp managemt allow him to stay at home coz he wasn't paid? Do u hv another job for him or her if he lost his job?? Abi u hv forgoten how ur govt impose no work no pay thingy! So coz he's nt paid...he shdnt go to work so he can be sack abi! U guys just spew thrash. He has no justification for negligence but lots of this health works are suffering in silence!

There's nothing more to add.
Re: #JusticeForOmolara: Omolara Omoyajuwolo's Death & Beachlan Hospital's Negligence by MrPRevailer(m): 11:03pm On May 09, 2021
tunasco20:
So sad! Why will you inject a patient before you diagnose them of the real ailment?

The Hospital should be sued!

HonNL

Many of these hospitals are give COVID-19 vaccines a.k.a Deathshots to their patients without their consents.
You will find several of them here. And know that those Vaccines are deadly. Als

T (dot) me/covid19vaccinefatalies
Re: #JusticeForOmolara: Omolara Omoyajuwolo's Death & Beachlan Hospital's Negligence by unmask: 5:15pm On May 10, 2021
Femeto:
Until we start burning down those evil hospitals nothing will change. We have a corrupt government
lol.... is burning down the solution to the problem?

We need to start from why do Nigerians choose the professions they end up in?

Fir teaching and medicine, you have to actually be selfless.
Re: #JusticeForOmolara: Omolara Omoyajuwolo's Death & Beachlan Hospital's Negligence by mech2021(m): 5:24pm On May 10, 2021
i beat one idiot nurse some weeks back, took my wife to hospital, thy run test and she had malaria, but because she was seriously weak and could not eat, they decided to pass drip in her hand, and from there they keep given her drugs', glucose for energy etc, the first day it was about 5times, then when doctor came the second day in the morning, he told me since she can eat now and feeling better, they will only administer drugs on her in the morning & night, they gave her the one for morning, then comes the useless, rude, idiot nurse for night, she was forcing the injection through same place and my wife was in serious pain shouting, obviously that place is blocked due to long period of no flowing of fluid, then i just stood up and gave her one punch in the face, are u stupid, someone is shouting like this and u did not even find out the course of her pain u keep forcing it, then all of them start rushing down one by one, to cut the whole story short, i beat like 3 of them to the satisfaction of majority of the patients and caregivers as they also complain the nurses has attitude problem and people pay a lot in the hospital, this does not mean we should beat every nurse, they are to save life not to take one.
Re: #JusticeForOmolara: Omolara Omoyajuwolo's Death & Beachlan Hospital's Negligence by Femeto: 5:47pm On May 10, 2021
unmask:
lol.... is burning down the solution to the problem?

We need to start from why do Nigerians choose the professions they end up in?

Fir teaching and medicine, you have to actually be selfless.
Most of them don't have the requirements to be called hospitals.
Re: #JusticeForOmolara: Omolara Omoyajuwolo's Death & Beachlan Hospital's Negligence by taiwolomo1: 5:48pm On May 10, 2021
Eillyeillz:

There's nothing more to add.
oga that was not negligence! The working environment/ condition is rubbish oga! Blam ur govt
Re: #JusticeForOmolara: Omolara Omoyajuwolo's Death & Beachlan Hospital's Negligence by Eillyeillz(m): 7:47am On May 11, 2021
doggedfighter:

What do you use?

Meprasil omeprazole - capsule
Gestid Tablets - they're more effective
I do Honey(Original) - every morning
Sudrex - I make sure I always have it around.

Sorry for the late Reply.
Re: #JusticeForOmolara: Omolara Omoyajuwolo's Death & Beachlan Hospital's Negligence by doggedfighter(f): 8:07am On May 11, 2021
Eillyeillz:

Meprasil omeprazole - capsule
Gestid Tablets - they're more effective
I do Honey(Original) - every morning
Sudrex - I make sure I always have it around.

Sorry for the late Reply.

Thanks so much for this.
I'm grateful
Re: #JusticeForOmolara: Omolara Omoyajuwolo's Death & Beachlan Hospital's Negligence by Eillyeillz(m): 10:10am On May 11, 2021
doggedfighter:

Thanks so much for this.
I'm grateful

You welcome.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Hotels, School Dormitories To Be Used As Isolation Centres - FG / Fear Of Ebola: Villagers Flee From The Sight Of Red Cross And Western Doctors / Body Types For Females And Males

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.