Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,318 members, 7,829,782 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:42 AM

Present Your Grievances And Give Me 6 Months To Address Them, Umahi Tells IPOB - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Present Your Grievances And Give Me 6 Months To Address Them, Umahi Tells IPOB (2001 Views)

Don’t Involve Us In Your Grievances – Police, DSS Warn Nigerian Politicians / Sit-At-Home: You Won’t Enslave Ndigbo For One Week – Ohanaeze Tells IPOB / I’m Leaving PDP For APC, Umahi Tells Secondus, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Present Your Grievances And Give Me 6 Months To Address Them, Umahi Tells IPOB by deantimes(m): 1:35pm On May 09, 2021
Governor David Umahi of Ebonyi State has counseled the Indigenous People Of Biafra (IPOB) to stop agitations and present their grievances and continue same if he fails to address the perceived injustice within six months.

Mr Umahi, who chairs the South-East governors forum and presided over the proscription of the secessionist group in 2017, made the plea on Saturday in Abakaliki during the conclusion of the 8-day prayer and fasting session organised by the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), Ebonyi State Chapter, over the security situation in the state.

Since it was proscribed, the group has been calling on authorities, particularly the state governors to rescind their proscription because they are not terrorists as tagged.

The governors who paid deaf ears to their plea were in 2019 prohibited from from travelling abroad. Umahi in response said the separatists lacked the temerity to attack him abroad.

This was after members of the group abroad assaulted, Ike Ekweremadu, a federal lawmaker from Enugu State in Germany over rising insecurity in the Igbo predominantly area.

TODAY POLITICS observed that since IPOB launched its security outfit codenamed Eastern Security Network (ESN) in December last year, to tackle violent herdsmen residing in forests reserves across the former Eastern region, political and religious leaders from the geo-political zone who were against them have been mindful of their comments thereafter.

A popular cleric recently blessed Nnamdi Kanu, leader of the secessionist group being tried on treasonable felony, describing him as his spiritual son.

Addressing the audience during the gathering, the Ebonyi helmsman said he does not believe in the disintegration of the country, even though secessionist groups have genuine grievances, as recently asserted to by his Abia colleague, Okezie Ikpeazu.

“I want Igbos to submit these agitations and I would lead the governors and leaders of the zone to the centre to address these grievances,” Mr Umahi pledged. “The groups can then do what they like if after six months, we fail to address these grievances.”

Mr Umahi also said he does not believe in a country where citizens are not treated squarely.

“I do not believe in second-class citizenship where a section of the country is being seen to be superior to others,” he said. “We are all created by God and no one should talk of disintegrating the country.”

https://todaypoliticsng.com/present-your-grievances-give-6-months-address-them-umahi-ipob/

Re: Present Your Grievances And Give Me 6 Months To Address Them, Umahi Tells IPOB by ygowon: 1:36pm On May 09, 2021
So many hatreds in Nigeria. No point uniting hates.

Biafra or nothing

21 Likes

Re: Present Your Grievances And Give Me 6 Months To Address Them, Umahi Tells IPOB by SouthEastFacts: 1:37pm On May 09, 2021
Fear fear

1 Like

Re: Present Your Grievances And Give Me 6 Months To Address Them, Umahi Tells IPOB by oilPUSSY(f): 1:39pm On May 09, 2021
Scammer, why not ten years ?

12 Likes

Re: Present Your Grievances And Give Me 6 Months To Address Them, Umahi Tells IPOB by 3pleDAssistant: 1:42pm On May 09, 2021
He had better be sure of this and not place a burden he's not sure he can carry on his shoulder

2 Likes

Re: Present Your Grievances And Give Me 6 Months To Address Them, Umahi Tells IPOB by OfoIgbo: 1:42pm On May 09, 2021
This was the same slowpoke that aided in the proscription of IPOB. Now his bosses in Abuja have given him this new kite to fly.

I think it is past the stage of mere grievances. A huge quantity of blood has already flowed. It is past the psychological point of no return now.

The only thing that can assuage the feelings of the majority of easterners is total separation from Nigeria.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Present Your Grievances And Give Me 6 Months To Address Them, Umahi Tells IPOB by Daveambition(m): 1:46pm On May 09, 2021
Little by little, all those against our freedom agitation & dream nation{BIAFRA} shall have no other reasons but to raise the Flag of the RisingSUN with us. IPOB is the New World Order...

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Present Your Grievances And Give Me 6 Months To Address Them, Umahi Tells IPOB by Mysticwebb: 1:57pm On May 09, 2021
As if you don't know that what they want is secession. If you remove that from your discussion with them, what then are they going to table to you?
You still believe you can use politics to deceive them.
Better don't bring to yourself what you can't completely handle.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Present Your Grievances And Give Me 6 Months To Address Them, Umahi Tells IPOB by IduNaOba: 2:08pm On May 09, 2021
We said it.
They will beg for dialogue

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Present Your Grievances And Give Me 6 Months To Address Them, Umahi Tells IPOB by Jostoman: 2:10pm On May 09, 2021
Scammer are you now tired of inviting soldiers and other security agent to deal with your people, you have betrayed your people when they needed you most

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Present Your Grievances And Give Me 6 Months To Address Them, Umahi Tells IPOB by IduNaOba: 2:13pm On May 09, 2021
For umahi a known friend of Bubril to say this
Two things are involved
1. The SE governors are no more comfortable at what the fg is doing in the region
2. The FG is scared seeing that the SE governors may openly side IPOB if things Continue now wants to dialogue but being shy of coming directly they want to use SE governors forum chairman.

Guys these FG have lost serious man power in the forces I tell you.

They arw tired, this is not what they expected. UGM Don do them yeye

In 6 months time them no born you well to wear camo for East come mount checkpoint.

The FG has seen it
They want to ensure things don't go beyond their control now that they fully understand that igbo won't back down and the SE governors no fit mumu lest they be visited by St. UGM who of course are aggrieved people who graduated from the school of the wicked forces of intimidation of this country..

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Present Your Grievances And Give Me 6 Months To Address Them, Umahi Tells IPOB by esnbrutality: 2:13pm On May 09, 2021
This one dey activate peace talk... angry angry angry

This one dey coordinate plenty nonsense yarns of late... angry angry angry

Fulani herdsmen killed people in your domain....you came to the scene and pretended to care...Forgetting that you are IGBO FIRST BEFORE ANY-OTHER CONSIDERATION.

You built a Mosque ....but no "NORTHERN GOVERNOR" has ever built a Church or renovated any church destroyed by Northerners.

You decamped to APC claiming that IGBOs are marginalized....and the Fulani herdsmen gave you a "welcome back package" with the blood of your people.

NOW THE FULANI ......are asking you to intercede on their behalf ....and you are shamelessly carrying microphone to talk nonsense.

If only you know the kind of angst in the South East now....even in your Ebonyi...You for just shut up, instead of talking and exposing the known fact that you are a foolish person.

IPOB according to their Modus -Operandi don't entertain imbeciles like you.

According to my "Journalistic" contacts a "dossier" is being compiled of ARMY/POLICE OFFICERS....who kill IGBOs with extrajudicial swiftness..MAKE I TALK LIKE AUNTY Kemi Olunloyo angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Present Your Grievances And Give Me 6 Months To Address Them, Umahi Tells IPOB by horsepower102: 2:16pm On May 09, 2021
You see stupid black African as Nnamdi Kanu always says. They are now begging for negotiations.

Something that could have been done from the beginning without any proscription and violence.

Why is violence the only language Nigerians always understand?

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Present Your Grievances And Give Me 6 Months To Address Them, Umahi Tells IPOB by athaboi(f): 2:17pm On May 09, 2021
And who gave you power to collect grievances?? Ewu Gambia

5 Likes

Re: Present Your Grievances And Give Me 6 Months To Address Them, Umahi Tells IPOB by ygowon: 2:18pm On May 09, 2021
esnbrutality:
This one dey activate peace talk... angry angry angry

This one dey coordinate plenty nonsense yarns of late... angry angry angry

Fulani herdsmen killed people in your domain....you came to the scene and pretended to care...Forgetting that you are IGBO FIRST BEFORE ANY-OTHER CONSIDERATION.

You built a Mosque ....but no "NORTHERN GOVERNOR" has ever built a Church or renovated any church destroyed by Northerners.

You decamped to APC claiming that IGBOs are marginalized....and the Fulani herdsmen gave you a "welcome back package" with the blood of your people.

NOW THE FULANI ......are asking you to intercede on their behalf ....and you are shamelessly carrying microphone to talk nonsense.

If only you know the kind of angst in the South East now....even in your Ebonyi...You for just shut up, instead of talking and exposing the known fact that you are a foolish person.

IPOB according to their Modus -Operandi don't entertain imbeciles like you.

According to my "Journalistic" contacts a "dossier" is being compiled of ARMY/POLICE OFFICERS....who kill IGBOs with extrajudicial swiftness..

Hahaha! Yes bro. The dialogue has started. Very soon, we go bid bye bye to this cursed country only a few is enjoying and majority is suffering and managing to survive.

Me, I will be very happy to miss helinues rosskiiku thebosstrevor1 and the rest BMC enemies of progress

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Present Your Grievances And Give Me 6 Months To Address Them, Umahi Tells IPOB by kestolove95(m): 2:20pm On May 09, 2021
Dey have no grievance nor ideology, they are just terrorist constituting nuisance in the society
Re: Present Your Grievances And Give Me 6 Months To Address Them, Umahi Tells IPOB by Naijabad: 2:21pm On May 09, 2021
Just resurrate all the killed ipob members including Ikonso and everything will be fine.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Present Your Grievances And Give Me 6 Months To Address Them, Umahi Tells IPOB by IduNaOba: 2:22pm On May 09, 2021
athaboi:
And who gave you power to collect grievances?? Ewu Gambia

Off me one time!!!! cheesy grin

They felt UGM will be like ESN
Ọmo herdsmen now no dey make noise again
ESN be doing a beautiful work.
As for UGM those ones na angels doing the Lords work for free, enshrinibg the sacredness of igbo lives deep into the consciousness of the wicked NA and Police and others who previously killed igbos for fun.

Soon these useless terrorists in uniform will e gage the services of ebube agụ for their own protection.

Ndị ara!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Present Your Grievances And Give Me 6 Months To Address Them, Umahi Tells IPOB by ygowon: 2:22pm On May 09, 2021
Naijabad:
Just resurrate all the killed ipob members including Ikonso and everything will be fine.
Bro u wicked. Wetin that slowpoke girl above u dey talk sef?

2 Likes

Re: Present Your Grievances And Give Me 6 Months To Address Them, Umahi Tells IPOB by owobokiri(m): 2:23pm On May 09, 2021
They should present him. Since he's part of the problem
Re: Present Your Grievances And Give Me 6 Months To Address Them, Umahi Tells IPOB by IduNaOba: 2:23pm On May 09, 2021
kestolove95:
Dey have no grievance nor ideology, they are just terrorist constituting nuisance in the society
Make sure your tears flow reach my end make I drink to my hearts content.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Present Your Grievances And Give Me 6 Months To Address Them, Umahi Tells IPOB by IduNaOba: 2:24pm On May 09, 2021
Naijabad:
Over over over!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Present Your Grievances And Give Me 6 Months To Address Them, Umahi Tells IPOB by optionalY09: 2:24pm On May 09, 2021
This man sounds as if IPOB are dumb, even if you might find some dumb fellows like Uche’s Mefor parading as IPOB. Nnamdi Kanu is not dumb.

Biden in America knows the grievances of IPOB

If at this time you’re still claiming not the know the grievances of igbo people, you sure didn’t deserve to be governor and you’re completely incompetent and stupid

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Present Your Grievances And Give Me 6 Months To Address Them, Umahi Tells IPOB by ygowon: 2:26pm On May 09, 2021
IduNaOba:

Off me one time!!!! cheesy grin

They felt UGM will be like ESN
Ọmo herdsmen now no dey make noise again
ESN be doing a beautiful work.
As for UGM those ones na angels doing the Lords work for free, enshrinibg the sacredness of igbo lives deep into the consciousness of the wicked NA and Police and others who previously killed igbos for fun.

Soon these useless terrorists in uniform will e gage the services of ebube agụ for their own protection.

Ndị ara!
UGM is just testing what they have learnt in the bush against the real war. When they started, they were like, wetin this people fit do? Now, they are saying stop killing innocent igbos, like they really care. Na hate for igbos full their body

8 Likes

Re: Present Your Grievances And Give Me 6 Months To Address Them, Umahi Tells IPOB by Otuegbe: 2:26pm On May 09, 2021
From the comments above,
I can conclude,that more than 80% of igbo people want this Biafran.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Present Your Grievances And Give Me 6 Months To Address Them, Umahi Tells IPOB by ygowon: 2:27pm On May 09, 2021
kestolove95:
You will commit suicide when Biafra finally leave Nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Present Your Grievances And Give Me 6 Months To Address Them, Umahi Tells IPOB by Never4getU: 2:28pm On May 09, 2021
U can't negotiate an ideology..give them moral support and write ur name in the book of history.

Kill Biafra a million times it will always resurrect even 100yrs after but u can work allied bilateral succession for peace.

Bullied won't quell it neither sound of gun can silence it, it can only be too much of spilled of blood.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Present Your Grievances And Give Me 6 Months To Address Them, Umahi Tells IPOB by ScamHunter: 2:36pm On May 09, 2021
If these Igbo governors get sense, they should have known what to do. But then, sense is not always available since it is not sold in the market.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Present Your Grievances And Give Me 6 Months To Address Them, Umahi Tells IPOB by chidexleo: 2:36pm On May 09, 2021
This is what it should be. Umahi is truly a leader. Aggrieved ipob please work with him lets make a better place for our children. Peace is the best option

1 Like

Re: Present Your Grievances And Give Me 6 Months To Address Them, Umahi Tells IPOB by Baawaa(m): 2:38pm On May 09, 2021
This governor is a scammer, he ask for 6months known that he will do everything than to ask for more timez

1 Like

Re: Present Your Grievances And Give Me 6 Months To Address Them, Umahi Tells IPOB by SmartPolician: 2:43pm On May 09, 2021
IMO, the demand of IPOB is far beyond Ebonyi State government. Referendum can only happen if the federal government okays it.

The day they will greenlight a referendum, they will be so amazed at the number of Igbos who are tired of this country.

This country is terribly sick and no rational person should be proud of it unless you are one of those who made it sick!

I keep asking myself, what's that thing that makes me a proud Nigerian? To date, I am still grappling with the answer to the question.

Given where South Korea (a country that got independence on 15 August 1948) is today, I just can't help but weep for the wasted opportunity Nigeria has become.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Present Your Grievances And Give Me 6 Months To Address Them, Umahi Tells IPOB by AdakaBoro8(m): 2:44pm On May 09, 2021
horsepower102:
You see stupid black African as Nnamdi Kanu always says. They are now begging for negotiations.

Something that could have been done from the beginning without any proscription and violence.

Why is violence the only language Nigerians always understand?
they dont want to beg ipobingos fr negotiation, but 2023 is fast approaching and they will need all miscreants to vote for igbo presidency..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Boko Haram Strikes Again! Kills Policemen, Burns UN Facilities, Mock Army! / Why Did Bisi Akande Put What God Has Joined Together Asunder? (pictures) / We Consider Boko Haram Islamic Terrorists As ‘Government Boys’ - Nigerian Army

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.