Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,837 members, 7,956,162 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 06:16 AM

NCC, Nigcomsat Sign Mou On Release Of 5G Spectrum - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / NCC, Nigcomsat Sign Mou On Release Of 5G Spectrum (8805 Views)

Mafab Begins Sales Of 5G Router, Cheaper Data, Ready To Rival MTN, Airtel / 5G Spectrum Auction: NCC Okay Bids From MTN, Airtel At N75b Reserve Price / Call, Data Costs May Rise As NCC Revises Telcos’ Spectrum Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: NCC, Nigcomsat Sign Mou On Release Of 5G Spectrum by TimeTraveler369: 3:05pm On May 10, 2021
saajus:
You are looking at the technology thru one angle. You have to look at it broadly in relation to the Nigerian economy. Remember, we are only talking about 5G in Nigeria's context, not the global context. So, I'm not arguing if 5G is great or not.

How many Crypto farms do we have presently in Nigeria? How many sectors are we using robots in Nigeria right now? How many cloud data centers like Amazon cloud do we have in Nigeria? How many people have VR games at home in Nigeria? How many hospitals have robots to do surgical operations? How many Nigerians can afford $1k 5G compatible phones? If our leaders are great thinkers, those are the questions they need to ask before allowing our Telcos to start investing Billions in 5G.

The basic advantage of 5G over 4G LTE is latency and speed. 5G gives you a latency of less than 1ms, which makes it almost real-time. speed and latency are the only difference. You are talking about its applications. 4G can be used in robotics if it doesn't require low latency.

You are talking just like Nigerian leaders. They want to copy and paste the West without looking at our own peculiar situation. The same way we copy and paste the system of Govt of rich nations and we are complaining there is no money to pay salaries.

Your reasoning is exactly like those who kicked against GSM deployment because they wanted Nitel lines to be extended to all villages before considering GSM.

5G tech will make nonsense of 4G, 5G is not just about frequency spectrum for voice and data, we are talking about unlimited applications, which the planet has never seen before.

Again, your knowledge of this 5G dynamics is very limited. Be reminded that Nigeria can not exist in isolation. The rapid changes you witness in Nigeria today which makes it different from other African countries is because we are rapid in deploying emerging Techs. If you can not AFFORD 5G, it does not mean that I cant. I personally will not want to live in a planet that the poor man is King, because poverty limiter of excellence.

5G deal has been signed and dusted, I am glad that it will be implemented soon. The advantages of 5G will dwarf whatever we thought 4G could do, as multiples of fields will open up that does not exist right now, example, Aerial laser ads and promo, direct payment systems in real time, datacenters, remote surgeries (which means I do not have to travel abroad for medicals), 3D printing evolution. etc etc and not excluding digital universes and metaverse economies.

1 Like

Re: NCC, Nigcomsat Sign Mou On Release Of 5G Spectrum by saajus: 4:26pm On May 10, 2021
I'm not sure you understand the economics of technology. You kept diverting the discussion to a global context as if I am saying 5G is bad. I am not against 5G. It's groundbreaking technology. It will change the world. I am discussing my country. I'm not saying other nations should not deploy 5G. I am telling you about the situation in my own country. I am saying 5G is expensive to deploy right now, why can't we mandate our Telcos to give us good 4G coverage first. When you travel to advanced nations, even in the deepest forest, you can make calls/browse and call for help in case you enter into trouble. That should be our focus for now.

We are comparing wireless to wireless, don't bring NITEL issue here. Did you say rapid changes in Nigeria? Have you been to East African and Southern African countries recently? Kenya, Tanzania, Namibia, and SA implemented many solutions that we are just starting. We are just shouting giant of Africa to boost our ago. Many African countries have left us behind. Many of you guys are shouting 5G because you've not experienced the real 4G. For people who have traveled and opportune to experience the real 4G, they know that a lot can be done with a good 4G. Do you know what it means to browse 1000Mbps? It means you can transfer 125 megabytes in a second. That means you can download a 2GB movie in 16 seconds. That's what 4G can do. Ask your Telcos to give you the real 4G first before they start discussing 5G.

We have problems in Nigeria because many of our leaders carry a mindset like you. You don't build a nation for the few. You don't build a nation for Ikoyi residents alone. You consider everybody. If I will spend 1 billion Naira for the benefit of ten people and that same 1 Billion Naira can be spent another way for the benefit of ten thousand people in my country, I will choose the latter.

TimeTraveler369:

Your reasoning is exactly like those who kicked against GSM deployment because they wanted Nitel lines to be extended to all villages before considering GSM.

5G tech will make nonsense of 4G, 5G is not just about frequency spectrum for voice and data, we are talking about unlimited applications, which the planet has never seen before.

Again, your knowledge of this 5G dynamics is very limited. Be reminded that Nigeria can not exist in isolation. The rapid changes you witness in Nigeria today which makes it different from other African countries is because we are rapid in deploying emerging Techs. If you can not AFFORD 5G, it does not mean that I cant. I personally will not want to live in a planet that the poor man is King, because poverty limiter of excellence.

5G deal has been signed and dusted, I am glad that it will be implemented soon. The advantages of 5G will dwarf whatever we thought 4G could do, as multiples of fields will open up that does not exist right now, example, Aerial laser ads and promo, direct payment systems in real time, datacenters, remote surgeries (which means I do not have to travel abroad for medicals), 3D printing evolution. etc etc and not excluding digital universes and metaverse economies.

Re: NCC, Nigcomsat Sign Mou On Release Of 5G Spectrum by TimeTraveler369: 4:53pm On May 10, 2021
saajus:
I'm not sure you understand the economics of technology. You kept diverting the discussion to a global context as if I am saying 5G is bad. I am not against 5G. It's groundbreaking technology. It will change the world. I am discussing my country. I'm not saying other nations should not deploy 5G. I am telling you about the situation in my own country. I am saying 5G is expensive to deploy right now, why can't we mandate our Telcos to give us good 4G coverage first. When you travel to advanced nations, even in the deepest forest, you can make calls/browse and call for help in case you enter into trouble. That should be our focus for now.

We are comparing wireless to wireless, don't bring NITEL issue here. Did you say rapid changes in Nigeria? Have you been to East African and Southern African countries recently? Kenya, Tanzania, Namibia, and SA implemented many solutions that we are just starting. We are just shouting giant of Africa to boost our ago. Many African countries have left us behind. Many of you guys are shouting 5G because you've not experienced the real 4G. For people who have traveled and opportune to experience the real 4G, they know that a lot can be done with a good 4G. Do you know what it means to browse 1000Mbps? It means you can transfer 125 megabytes in a second. That means you can download a 2GB movie in 16 seconds. That's what 4G can do. Ask your Telcos to give you the real 4G first before they start discussing 5G.

We have problems in Nigeria because many of our leaders carry a mindset like you. You don't build a nation for the few. You don't build a nation for Ikoyi residents alone. You consider everybody. If I will spend 1 billion Naira for the benefit of ten people and that same 1 Billion Naira can be spent another way for the benefit of ten thousand people in my country, I will choose the latter.

5G has already been deployed in Nigeria and is being expanded as I write this. No amount of sensational and emotional reaction to this technology will delay it further. I want you to get it straight. It is already done.

I am candidly expressing what 5G will do globally, I do not isolate Nigeria from the digital revolution because I am not interested in those who can not afford garri. It is their business being broke not to afford 5G techs.

So there is nothing we can do about those who do not have 4G. No one will deploy expensive technologies to villages where people can not afford to subscribe enough for investors to pay off their loans.

Even 5G will not be deployed everywhere because it is private sector driven - capitalist driven investments are not charities. It is either you can afford the service or you can not.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Use Glo Bis On Iphone / Why Was The Camon C8 Sold Out At Slot Yesterday? / Oukitel K6000 Pro Unboxing And Review

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.