Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,360 members, 7,815,766 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery (31651 Views)

New Scam: Otp Internet Technology, Oregun / New Scam Alert / New Scam Method On Paxful (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by Codezz: 7:47pm On May 09, 2021
Lol
Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by CLASSMAN: 7:48pm On May 09, 2021
There is something on pos called eod(end of day transaction). So that should settle ur account

9 Likes

Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by Nobody: 7:50pm On May 09, 2021
grin
Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by iampeterben(m): 7:50pm On May 09, 2021
I understand perfectly well

1 Like

Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by obonujoker(m): 7:53pm On May 09, 2021
Lol..
I dealt with them aplenty.... Many young ones are taught that if they don't steal, they can't make it...

6 Likes

Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by karzyharsky(m): 7:54pm On May 09, 2021
Oga too na thief
Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by Nobody: 7:54pm On May 09, 2021
MejiLoyon,No pos can print 2 merchant copies of same transaction.The op dey lie.You can only print one customer copy and merchant copy.Pos no mumu like that.

8 Likes

Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by Firstorderwizard(m): 7:55pm On May 09, 2021
PlayMaker14:
"Thief nor dey thief Thief"

What a stupid way to expose yourself.

"Thief" in this context means smartness. He's smarter than the sales agent .I don't know why our reading comprehension is too poor. It's annoying.
With due respect though

20 Likes

Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by iammo(m): 7:56pm On May 09, 2021
This is why company fold up and people remain jobless

11 Likes

Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by Nobody: 7:57pm On May 09, 2021
Kriss216:
Employees and thievery are on another level since the introduction of POS machine.

Filling station pump attendants are cashing out big on this scheme.

You can't steal with POS except say the person wan leave you.

1 Like

Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by Auraby(f): 7:57pm On May 09, 2021
That was how our manager ruined our business. We later found out he has two buildings, has gas outlet, opened a super mart for his wife. They don't do it with ordinary hand o. We later discovered the jazz he planted in the ceiling. God big pass am sha!

9 Likes

Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by sisisioge: 7:57pm On May 09, 2021
Jisos! The fear of God just no dey some people's heart. Na wa o.

3 Likes

Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by Nobody: 7:58pm On May 09, 2021
iampeterben:
I understand perfectly well

Explain to us nah
Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by Born2winnx: 7:58pm On May 09, 2021
Ishilove:
The future is female. Don't try us o, what a man can do, a woman can do it 10 times better grin

You see your self you de support female thief's.

At the same time hate yahoo boys.

You nor well
Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by just2endowed: 8:00pm On May 09, 2021
MejiLoyon:
I help out in a hospitality business. For weeks I have noticed a sharp decline in profits. Despite the fact that patronage has increased noticeably. Projected profits not met despite the increase in consumption.

Wetin dey happen. I investigated every department everything dey go well. This week I faced the bar and restaurant. Told the waiters and barmen to write everything sold. Even to bottled water. I didn't tell them why I just explained that I needed to know how every drink is being consumed so that my suppliers will increase the quantity they bring.

I collated the sales and instead of profit I lost over 50k. Hehehe thief no dey tiff tiff. Entered statement of account from the bar accounts and saw it was balanced with the figure projected. Nice one. Called the staffs. Who owe una....no one. No problem. Collected the pos receipts and boom, caught the thief. You see what she did was she prints a receipt twice. Let's say you bought stuffs worth 20k. She prints it twice. And keeps the merchant copy for two. when someone else pays she tells them POS is not available and then provides an account number. Once the amount is up to 20k she takes that her copy and drops it with the accountant. How she edits it I'll never know. I asked her to go home as if nothing happened. Today she has been picked up. We are still collating her theft. As at one hour ago E don reach 500k. So disappointed.

Make una dey careful out there guys. Some people aim na to destroy you.

Na waoh
Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by Firstorderwizard(m): 8:00pm On May 09, 2021
Joysticks:
MejiLoyon,No pos can print 2 merchant copies of same transaction.The op dey lie.You can only print one customer copy and merchant copy.Pos no mumu like that.

Do you have employees?
If you dont you won't understand how far this people can go to bring down your business if you are not careful.
Talking from experience

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by iampeterben(m): 8:02pm On May 09, 2021
soulpeppersoup:

Explain to us nah
The scams conducted on POS terminals by vendors google it.

6 Likes

Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by Aarenasbaba(m): 8:02pm On May 09, 2021
PlayMaker14:

Just an illustration like "as sharp as I am"

3 Likes

Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by Cnach: 8:03pm On May 09, 2021
PlayMaker14:

It is a parable, it doesn't mean that he is necessarily a thief. In other words he means that a wise man no koba wise man as na draw them go get.

7 Likes

Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by IamAsiri: 8:03pm On May 09, 2021
Joysticks:

I think there's reprint option, in case of paper jam, loss of network etc.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by daniwise(m): 8:03pm On May 09, 2021
PlayMaker14:

Lol,it's a normal lingua bro.are you a learner

4 Likes

Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by Cnach: 8:04pm On May 09, 2021
MejiLoyon:

Talking through the nose does it mean you're talking through the nose?

It's an advise for entrepreneurs. Go and watch cartoon
Guy u get bad mouth o
Who tell u say him no be entrepreneur.

5 Likes

Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by qanda: 8:05pm On May 09, 2021
Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by Cnach: 8:06pm On May 09, 2021
Kriss216:
Employees and thievery are on another level since the introduction of POS machine.

Filling station pump attendants are cashing out big on this scheme.
Bro can it be easy? Employer know how many litres on ground o and his gain has been calculated already. Can someone still steal ?

3 Likes

Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by Nobody: 8:06pm On May 09, 2021
Firstorderwizard:

Do you have employees?
If you dont you won't understand how far this people can go to bring down your business if you are not careful.
Talking from experience
Some Nigeria employees are exploitative.They want employees to work their asses out meanwhile,they don't pay well.How much does the op pays his staff?It will not be more than #20k.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by Aforxzy(f): 8:09pm On May 09, 2021
A school in my area sacked the headmistress because she was diverting the school fees to her personal account without remittance to the school account. This woman was giving pulpils discounts and instead of paying into the school account will tell parents to pay cash.
The proprietor was struggling to pay staffs salary while the HM was building her house. It was the external auditors that discovered the fraud.
Employers need to pay more attention to their businesses..
Some employees are not to be trusted with money. Sad but true..

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by mariahAngel(f): 8:12pm On May 09, 2021
Kriss216:

Lol

We are all thieves in the eyes of God.
wink

Gi na onye?

Speak for yourself biko! grin

1 Like

Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by Nobody: 8:13pm On May 09, 2021
IamAsiri:

I think there's reprint option, in case of paper jam, loss of network etc.
A reprint carries same serial numbers of the previous print.So it will be easy for a professional accountant to detect a reprinted POS merchant receipt.Any duplicate will carry same serial number.Sariel.

2 Likes

Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by Plut01: 8:13pm On May 09, 2021
Auraby:
That was how our manager ruined our business. We later found out he has two buildings, has gas outlet, opened a super mart for his wife. They don't do it with ordinary hand o. We later discovered the jazz he planted in the ceiling. God big pass am sha!

Omo, your manager nah baddazz street man fah. Hope he is already in jail.

2 Likes

Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by pocohantas(f): 8:14pm On May 09, 2021
iamyemiakins:

If you see something, say something!

Yarn me wetin sup for there as per Akure resident wey I be, what exactly did you witness?

Una go kill me with laugh. cheesy
Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by Xuuu: 8:16pm On May 09, 2021
MejiLoyon:

Talking through the nose does it mean you're talking through the nose?

It's an advise for entrepreneurs. Go and watch cartoon
cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

A Tannery In Kano Supplies Leather To Louis-Vuitton (Pics) / Need Names And Addresses Of Companies In Nigeria / Egmont Group Plans To Expel Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.