Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,985 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery (31665 Views)

New Scam: Otp Internet Technology, Oregun / New Scam Alert / New Scam Method On Paxful (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by PlayMaker14: 9:46pm On May 09, 2021
Ishilove:

Are you being serious right now? smiley
Text me. wink
Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by Ishilove: 9:46pm On May 09, 2021
PlayMaker14:
Text me. wink
Okay grin
Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by flourishing247: 9:47pm On May 09, 2021
MejiLoyon:
I help out in a hospitality business. For weeks I have noticed a sharp decline in profits. Despite the fact that patronage has increased noticeably. Projected profits not met despite the increase in consumption.

Wetin dey happen. I investigated every department everything dey go well. This week I faced the bar and restaurant. Told the waiters and barmen to write everything sold. Even to bottled water. I didn't tell them why I just explained that I needed to know how every drink is being consumed so that my suppliers will increase the quantity they bring.

I collated the sales and instead of profit I lost over 50k. Hehehe thief no dey tiff tiff. Entered statement of account from the bar accounts and saw it was balanced with the figure projected. Nice one. Called the staffs. Who owe una....no one. No problem. Collected the pos receipts and boom, caught the thief. You see what she did was she prints a receipt twice. Let's say you bought stuffs worth 20k. She prints it twice. And keeps the merchant copy for two. when someone else pays she tells them POS is not available and then provides an account number. Once the amount is up to 20k she takes that her copy and drops it with the accountant. How she edits it I'll never know. I asked her to go home as if nothing happened. Today she has been picked up. We are still collating her theft. As at one hour ago E don reach 500k. So disappointed.

Make una dey careful out there guys. Some people aim na to destroy you.

Look deeper there's more. They bring in their drinks and sell it before they sell yours. They usually work as a team and your supplier might be the one supplying them too.

6 Likes

Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by PlayMaker14: 9:47pm On May 09, 2021
Ishilove:

Okay grin
wink
Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by MarketDispatch: 10:11pm On May 09, 2021
flourishing247:

Look deeper there's more. They bring in their drinks and sell it before they sell yours. They usually work as a team and your supplier might be the one supplying them too.

To combat this type of theft, you must have a fully manned CCTV following every suspicious movement in your Bar.

3 Likes

Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by Kirchhoff01(m): 10:12pm On May 09, 2021
Born2winnx:

You see your self you de support female thief's.

At the same time hate yahoo boys.

You nor well
Hehe style
Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by tonididdy(m): 10:12pm On May 09, 2021
MejiLoyon:
I help out in a hospitality business. For weeks I have noticed a sharp decline in profits. Despite the fact that patronage has increased noticeably. Projected profits not met despite the increase in consumption.

Wetin dey happen. I investigated every department everything dey go well. This week I faced the bar and restaurant. Told the waiters and barmen to write everything sold. Even to bottled water. I didn't tell them why I just explained that I needed to know how every drink is being consumed so that my suppliers will increase the quantity they bring.

I collated the sales and instead of profit I lost over 50k. Hehehe thief no dey tiff tiff. Entered statement of account from the bar accounts and saw it was balanced with the figure projected. Nice one. Called the staffs. Who owe una....no one. No problem. Collected the pos receipts and boom, caught the thief. You see what she did was she prints a receipt twice. Let's say you bought stuffs worth 20k. She prints it twice. And keeps the merchant copy for two. when someone else pays she tells them POS is not available and then provides an account number. Once the amount is up to 20k she takes that her copy and drops it with the accountant. How she edits it I'll never know. I asked her to go home as if nothing happened. Today she has been picked up. We are still collating her theft. As at one hour ago E don reach 500k. So disappointed.

500k missing from a business then that business is long done for .
Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by flourishing247: 10:14pm On May 09, 2021
MarketDispatch:

To combat this type of theft, you must have a fully manned CCTV following every suspicious movement in your Bar.

How many businesses monitor CCTV? They only go back to check it when something happens.

3 Likes

Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by Ubanz: 10:14pm On May 09, 2021
To forestall future occurrence try installing an accounting software for all the cash points. Front office, bar, restaurant, account's etc.
They system runs in real time. U can view reports on sales, payments, inventory status, customer transactions etc.
It's the best way to manage ur business.
Don't give them the chances to play smart.
Monitor ur business periodically.
It's cheaper and inexpensive, it eliminates human error.
Do not hesitate to let me know if you need a package.

3 Likes

Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by IyaTola: 10:20pm On May 09, 2021
shocked
kingmsookwagh:
Oo! I got a win win situation. There are different ways to knack in that industry, you only figured one out.

Why I can bring my own Hennessey of lesser price from home and sell at the hotel's price while you still have yours intact. If you ask, I'll tell you,; OGA WE NO SELL AM TODAY!!!!
YOU SEE!!!

by then, that one would have entered my own personal account. The security men at the gate can be bought and the cartel goes on.
Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by IyaTola: 10:24pm On May 09, 2021
Funkybabee:
Problem of hospitality industry

Theft, it kill them faster thank God u got it quickly

Biko if you have nice post for hospitality graduate oo

I am available
Your location & experience
Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by Celsony: 10:26pm On May 09, 2021
MejiLoyon:

Please can you give me her job position, I need job this idleness is not funny

2 Likes

Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by IyaTola: 10:32pm On May 09, 2021
soulpeppersoup:

If anyone scam you with POS just report to your bank. Your bank will pull the money from the account of the POS owner and return it to you.
How possible is this?
Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by IyaTola: 10:33pm On May 09, 2021
MarketDispatch:

You do the manning yourself otherwise, na express you dey

1 Like

Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by IyaTola: 10:34pm On May 09, 2021
Ubanz:
To forestall future occurrence try installing an accounting software for all the cash points. Front office, bar, restaurant, account's etc.
They system runs in real time. U can view reports on sales, payments, inventory status, customer transactions etc.
I did this but yet these guys are thieves by nature.
Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by joey150(m): 10:35pm On May 09, 2021
Auraby:
That was how our manager ruined our business. We later found out he has two buildings, has gas outlet, opened a super mart for his wife. They don't do it with ordinary hand o. We later discovered the jazz he planted in the ceiling. God big pass am sha!

What?! he built all this by syphoning money from your business?

How lax must the check and balances be in your business to nor detect fraud of such magnanimous proportion?

2 Likes

Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by confirmedniggae: 10:43pm On May 09, 2021
MejiLoyon:

I am an accountant in a restaurant .

The second merchant POS receipt will definitely show REPRINT .

What really happen is not a matter of edit .What the cashier do is to do a reprint and this will beat an accountant who is always in a hurry to send report ..

What I do is to check every POS receipt to make sure there is no DECLINED or REPRINT

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by confirmedniggae: 10:48pm On May 09, 2021
CLASSMAN:
There is something on pos called eod(end of day transaction). So that should settle ur account

No mind the OP..I am an accountant and my staff knows I check out for REPRINT or DECLINED on all POS transaction .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by confirmedniggae: 10:49pm On May 09, 2021
Joysticks:
MejiLoyon,No pos can print 2 merchant copies of same transaction.The op dey lie.You can only print one customer copy and merchant copy.Pos no mumu like that.

It can print twice but the second copy will have REPRINT on it .So,it is left for the accountant to watch out.

2 Likes

Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by aktolly54(m): 10:50pm On May 09, 2021
PlayMaker14:
Oloriburuku entrepreneur... cheesy

Stay strong Mr Thief nor dey thief Thief.
why are you pained? Do you support what the staff is doing?
Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by confirmedniggae: 10:51pm On May 09, 2021
Joysticks:
A reprint carries same serial numbers of the previous print.So it will be easy for a professional accountant to detect a reprinted POS merchant receipt.Any duplicate will carry same serial number.Sariel.

It will even have reprint in it .As an accountant ,I watch out for REPRINT n DECLINED

1 Like

Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by confirmedniggae: 10:52pm On May 09, 2021
bragamycin:

READ it slowly, you will understand....

She Dey reprint POS receipts . When other customers come, she go tell u say POS no Dey available that u can do Transfer to her account.. if the money wey pple don transfer enter her account don reach the amount wey she reprint, she go carry the reprints go give accountants..

Na foolish staff go sey make customer send money to personal account .What the staff need is to tell the manager or accountant he or she do cash back of same amount
Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by confirmedniggae: 10:54pm On May 09, 2021
Sariel:

There is an option to reprint last transaction Sir

You can print any transaction bro..not only last transactions provided you know the STAN no
Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by lebete3000: 10:57pm On May 09, 2021
Ubanz:

Abeg I go need a package meen.

Kindly hit me up on shydoki@gmail.com

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by confirmedniggae: 10:58pm On May 09, 2021
Ubanz:

Even with that ,they will still steal bro..they will sell and they will never punch or punch and give the order receipt to customer as the normal receipt and when the customer leaves ,they delete and take the cash..

Wetin a never see as an accountant of 14 years

2 Likes

Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by lebete3000: 10:58pm On May 09, 2021
IyaTola:
You do the manning yourself otherwise, na express you dey

Hanhan, why you talk so? For covert reasons ba?

1 Like

Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by IyaTola: 10:59pm On May 09, 2021
lebete3000:

Hanhan, why you talk so? For covert reasons ba?
Some Nigerian employees are terrible
Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by IyaTola: 11:00pm On May 09, 2021
shocked
confirmedniggae:

Even with that ,they will still steal bro..they will sell and they will never punch or punch and give the order receipt to customer as the normal receipt and when the customer leaves ,they delete and take the cash..

Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by lebete3000: 11:01pm On May 09, 2021
confirmedniggae:

Omoor na wa ooo.

E mean sey na me go run this business by myself be that ooo...
Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by lebete3000: 11:03pm On May 09, 2021
IyaTola:
Some Nigerian employees are terrible

Nna meen. Na to man your business yourself be that ooo... before them "Ole levrybody" crew come wreck person.

I might end up relocating to Ghana or Cotonou for business. Nigerians no worth am...

1 Like

Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by IyaTola: 11:04pm On May 09, 2021
lebete3000:

Nna meen. Na to man your business yourself be that ooo... before them "Ole levrybody" crew come wreck person.

I might end up relocating to Ghana or Cotonou for business. Nigerians no worth am...
Any business in Nigeria that you will not run it yourself, forget it.

1 Like

Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by confirmedniggae: 11:06pm On May 09, 2021
lebete3000:

Omoor na wa ooo.

E mean sey na me go run this business by myself be that ooo...

Bro I have been an accountant for 14 years now .

From UAC to Mamacass and many more restaurants..

Still an accountant in Lekki restaurant .

If I tell you what these front office staff can do ,bro u go fear ooo.

And if an accountant now collide with just a front office staff to steal your money ,bro you will never know in the next 200 years...

Infact ,they will use your money to buy house ,cars and a lot of things and u will never trace it ..

Na that one Dem dey call FINISHING WITHOUT TRACE .

If you need my assistance to track thieves and criminals running you down ,you can talk to me ..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

A Tannery In Kano Supplies Leather To Louis-Vuitton (Pics) / Need Names And Addresses Of Companies In Nigeria / Phuthuma Nhleko Emerges MTN CEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.