Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,147 members, 7,818,446 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:00 PM

Cars And MPG - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Cars And MPG (863 Views)

What Is Your Car's MPG And How Are You Coping With This Fuel Price? / Mohammed Ali: His Cars And Iconic Photos Of Him In Cars (PHOTOS) / Photos Of Cars And Jets With Matching Colors: They Are Just Too Cute (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cars And MPG by Peterlove11: 3:51pm On May 09, 2021
I created this tread so that the average Nigerian might have a comparable data as regards mileage, fuel consumption and mpg expected of cars plying ours road. Over time I have discovered our mpg ain't the same as the mpg written in the books due to a lot of factors. I will appreciate if we can state our car, model, year, distance covered, fuel consumed and calculated mpg. Thanks

Car: Honda Pilot VP 4wd 2008
Distance: 215miles
Fuel Consumed: 70litres
Time frame: consumed over 30days.Average of 7miles covered daily. Sometimes more, oftentimes less.
MPG: 13.8
MPG means Miles covered per gallon
Re: Cars And MPG by Peppermintflav: 12:04am On May 10, 2021
About 90% of cars on Nigerian roads are driving with check engine light. Most of them have fuel and emission problems but don't know it. Some think it's normal the mpg they get.
Re: Cars And MPG by seanfer(m): 5:36am On May 10, 2021
Peppermintflav:
About 90% of cars on Nigerian roads are driving with check engine light. Most of them have fuel and emission problems but don't know it. Some think it's normal the mpg they get.

Even if you drive a brand new car in Nigeria, you can’t get the same MPG as what the manufacturers stated. Factors like bad fuel, bad roads, heavy traffic, and way of driving.
For me if I am getting 2-3mpg less than what the manufacturers advertised. I am okay. Anything less than that is bad.
Re: Cars And MPG by Peterlove11: 2:08pm On May 10, 2021
seanfer:

Even if you drive a brand new car in Nigeria, you can’t get the same MPG as what the manufacturers stated. Factors like bad fuel, bad roads, heavy traffic, and way of driving.
For me if I am getting 2-3mpg less than what the manufacturers advertised. I am okay. Anything less than that is bad.

Yes....You are right. I think achieving 80% MPG considering Nigerian factor isnt bad
Re: Cars And MPG by bonnyhope: 11:15pm On May 10, 2021
Peppermintflav:

What do you think is the reason for "check engine light" on

(1) (Reply)

Please I Need Your Advise / Top 10 Cars To Drive As A Nigerian Hustler. / Lexus IS 250 For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.