Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,506 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:19 PM

Splitting Of Data By Telecom In Nigeria. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Splitting Of Data By Telecom In Nigeria. (456 Views)

How Splitting Of Ministries Left Workers In Confusion / Adam Lamido Sanusi Speaks On Splitting Of Kano Emirate, Says father is attacked / ACF Speaks On Splitting Of Sokoto Emirate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Splitting Of Data By Telecom In Nigeria. by mastertek: 4:26pm On May 09, 2021
We need to discuss the issue of splitting of data by telecommunication in Nigeria, expecially GLO.

For example, If you buy data of 1.5Gig from telecom, they will split the data into two and give you 800MB for daytime and 700MB to be only use during the night from 12am-5am. At the end of the day, you only consume only your daytime data which is 800MB and that's the end.

How many people have the time for sleepless night just to use their data they paid for.

Some will only put the night data on YouTube only at night.

This is daylight cheating & robbery.

2 Likes

Re: Splitting Of Data By Telecom In Nigeria. by Hashabiah: 4:30pm On May 09, 2021
I noticed the same thing with MTN. Just of recent, I bought data worth of 700 MB and it was split. 350mb for regular browsing and 350mb for night time. Does this mean the telecomms are telling us how and when to use the services we require?

1 Like

Re: Splitting Of Data By Telecom In Nigeria. by Nobody: 4:36pm On May 09, 2021
No be small thing
Re: Splitting Of Data By Telecom In Nigeria. by psucc(m): 5:20pm On May 09, 2021
We have Corporate thieves masquerading as companies. But sure they are backed up by the regulatory agencies our gunmen, sorry government has set up.
Re: Splitting Of Data By Telecom In Nigeria. by Shollay20(m): 5:32pm On May 09, 2021
so phathetic..
Re: Splitting Of Data By Telecom In Nigeria. by CodeTemplar: 6:12pm On May 09, 2021
I
As long as it was stated before u purchased it, it is hard to debate.
Re: Splitting Of Data By Telecom In Nigeria. by chatinent: 6:31pm On May 09, 2021
Of course, it is fraud.

Does it mean they support fraudulent activities?

I cannot imagine all my data bonuses restricted till midnight.
Re: Splitting Of Data By Telecom In Nigeria. by edoairways: 6:37pm On May 09, 2021
Hashabiah:
I noticed the same thing with MTN. Just of recent, I bought data worth of 700 MB and it was split. 350mb for regular browsing and 350mb for night time. Does this mean the telecomms are telling us how and when to use the services we require?
MTN Nigeria doesn't do this
Re: Splitting Of Data By Telecom In Nigeria. by Hashabiah: 6:38pm On May 09, 2021
edoairways:

MTN Nigeria doesn't do this
They do. I am a victim of this. In fact, it happened yesterday

1 Like

Re: Splitting Of Data By Telecom In Nigeria. by Grandmeister(m): 6:38pm On May 09, 2021
I don’t even understand the reason behind this if not sheer greed and corruption! If I buy 1.5gb of data and chose to exhaust it in 2 hours during the day fvcking allow me! It’s my money! How can you split a data I bought and tell me to use half when I should be sleeping. So in summary I’ll be using half of the data I bought. Who came up with this criminal idea? angry
Re: Splitting Of Data By Telecom In Nigeria. by edoairways: 6:38pm On May 09, 2021
mastertek I would advise you switch to another service provider since Glo Nigeria is stubborn
Re: Splitting Of Data By Telecom In Nigeria. by Grandmeister(m): 6:38pm On May 09, 2021
Hashabiah:
They do. I am a victim of this
I haven’t seen them doing it so far. Only Glo.
Re: Splitting Of Data By Telecom In Nigeria. by Hashabiah: 6:40pm On May 09, 2021
Grandmeister:

I haven’t seen them doing it so far. Only Glo.
I would have sent a screen shot but this device has a poor display.
Re: Splitting Of Data By Telecom In Nigeria. by johnmartus(m): 6:59pm On May 09, 2021
Airtel will not even allow me to check my data balance.
Re: Splitting Of Data By Telecom In Nigeria. by edoairways: 9:46pm On May 09, 2021
Hashabiah:
They do. I am a victim of this. In fact, it happened yesterday
So unfortunate

(1) (Reply)

Some Borno Lgas Just Bear Names Without People: Speaker / Don't Kill Innocent Nigerians In The Guise Of Insecurity, Bishop Onuoha Warns / Does Buhari Understands The Potential Aftermath Of His Actions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.