Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,637 members, 7,809,392 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:44 AM

Fear In Onitsha As Truckload Of Live Bullets Falls - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fear In Onitsha As Truckload Of Live Bullets Falls (2277 Views)

Deborah Samuel: Police Fire Live Bullets At Protesters In Sokoto, Scores Injured / Abuja Schools Shut Down As A Truckload Of Bandits Arrives Border Town / Amotekun Arrests Truckload Of Herdsmen Going To Ibarapa, Recovers 25 Guns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Fear In Onitsha As Truckload Of Live Bullets Falls by unity004(m): 7:33pm On May 09, 2021
Residents of commercial city of Onitsha Anambra State have been gripped with fear, following the fall of a truck loaded with live bullets in the area.

The Mercedes Benz 911 truck, which fell along Awka road in the city in the early hours of Sunday, had the cartons of the bullets spill into the drainage when it skidded off the road.

The contents made early morning worshippers to raise the alarm, which attracted the presence of heavy security men who cordoned off the arena

An eyewitness, who does not want to be mentioned, told The Nation the security situation had put everyone on the alert.

It was gathered the truck was moving the goods out of Onitsha to a yet-to-be identified location when the driver lost control and skidded off the road, making it fall into a ditch.
Another source said the truck fell around 5am when the driver and his conductor, after sustaining minor injuries, tried to evacuate and conceal the contents.

“But they could not do much before daybreak when some police operatives arrived the accident scene only to discover the truck was laden with a consignment of live bullets,” a source said.

Anambra Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO, Ikenga Tochukwu, confirmed there was a lone accident at the spot.

On the cartons of bullets allegedly being conveyed by the truck, he said he had not been properly briefed on the situation.

However, he assured investigation had commenced into the matter, promising to get back to the reporter.

But a Senior Police Officer, who spoke with The Nation in confidence, confirmed the incident.

He added the driver of the vehicle had been arrested and the lorry impounded, adding the conductor escaped.

‘We are going to get to the root of the matter. The conductor is equally being trailed. It’s a very difficult times for everybody and people have to be careful,” he said

https://thenationonlineng.net/fear-in-onitsha-as-truckload-of-live-bullets-falls/

mynd44

1 Like

Re: Fear In Onitsha As Truckload Of Live Bullets Falls by iammo(m): 7:34pm On May 09, 2021
NorthEast and SouthEast are the new Syria and Yemen

3 Likes

Re: Fear In Onitsha As Truckload Of Live Bullets Falls by LUGBE: 7:35pm On May 09, 2021
embarassed
Re: Fear In Onitsha As Truckload Of Live Bullets Falls by IgweOfNnewi: 7:36pm On May 09, 2021
On fire
Re: Fear In Onitsha As Truckload Of Live Bullets Falls by baralatie(m): 7:38pm On May 09, 2021
Morale attack tactics

1 Like

Re: Fear In Onitsha As Truckload Of Live Bullets Falls by Freestainworld(m): 7:42pm On May 09, 2021
The East is turning into a war zone gradually

1 Like

Re: Fear In Onitsha As Truckload Of Live Bullets Falls by farouk2much(m): 7:42pm On May 09, 2021
Igbo land on fire am watching in HD............

More killings in that region....
Re: Fear In Onitsha As Truckload Of Live Bullets Falls by adadike(f): 7:42pm On May 09, 2021
Those that want to turn south east to a war zone will continue to fail. The prayers of well meaning igbos will not go in vain. Good job my fellow Christians for reporting to the police.
Good job naija police for getting there right on time
As for those that will quote me negatively, I no longer read my mentions
Moreover, unu etozulo chacha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fear In Onitsha As Truckload Of Live Bullets Falls by goodnessme1(f): 7:44pm On May 09, 2021
Which fear?

How many onisha Residents know about this.

Where is the pictures.

1 Like

Re: Fear In Onitsha As Truckload Of Live Bullets Falls by mouthofThegod: 7:46pm On May 09, 2021
Na only one truck dem see...the remaining 10 trucks don reach their destination since and dem don offload finish, distribute major consignments.
When I mean major consignments,I don mean just live bullets.. Nigeria don cast

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fear In Onitsha As Truckload Of Live Bullets Falls by kettykin: 7:47pm On May 09, 2021
this might be a covert operation of either government paid agents or fulani herdsmen or boko haram , i will comment further after investigation
Re: Fear In Onitsha As Truckload Of Live Bullets Falls by 3lovelyflowers(f): 7:48pm On May 09, 2021
Ok
Re: Fear In Onitsha As Truckload Of Live Bullets Falls by Jimasun: 7:48pm On May 09, 2021
adadike:
Those that want to turn south east to a war zone will continue to fail. The prayers of well meaning igbos will not go in vain. Good job my fellow Christians for reporting to the police.
Good job naija police for getting there right on time
As for those that will quote me negatively, I no longer read my mentions
Moreover, unu etozulo chacha
I honestly pity anyone supporting Kanu at this point. These guys don't know that wars in this modern era don't end quickly. There are too many suppliers of weapons that would make sure none of the side lose so that they can keep supplying them.
They always think Yorubas that love peace after fighting over 100 years of war are stupid

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fear In Onitsha As Truckload Of Live Bullets Falls by Jimasun: 7:49pm On May 09, 2021
kettykin:
this might be a covert operation of either government paid agents or fulani herdsmen or boko haram , i will comment further after investigation
Keep deceiving yourself.
iPOB is behind the killing of security men.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fear In Onitsha As Truckload Of Live Bullets Falls by Nobody: 7:50pm On May 09, 2021
iammo:
NorthEast and SouthEast are the new Syria and Yemen
And yet your refuges have no where to stay ?

Have you found a place for the ogun refuges ?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fear In Onitsha As Truckload Of Live Bullets Falls by Nobody: 7:50pm On May 09, 2021
Jimasun:

Keep deceiving yourself.
iPOB is behind the killing of security men.
Do you have a proof ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fear In Onitsha As Truckload Of Live Bullets Falls by Rodwave: 7:51pm On May 09, 2021
Source?

Re: Fear In Onitsha As Truckload Of Live Bullets Falls by Nobody: 7:52pm On May 09, 2021
This is DSS trying to justify their earlier statements that ipob is moving bombs to south east

Why u go move bullets through roads when rivers are unmand ?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fear In Onitsha As Truckload Of Live Bullets Falls by Toosure70: 7:53pm On May 09, 2021
No source?
Re: Fear In Onitsha As Truckload Of Live Bullets Falls by iammo(m): 7:53pm On May 09, 2021
Igbochief001:

And yet your refuges have no where to stay ?

Have you found a place for the ogun refuges ?

Except for Imbecilic dunce, nobody in their right senses believe anyone is seeking refuge in Benin Republic
Re: Fear In Onitsha As Truckload Of Live Bullets Falls by Nobody: 8:00pm On May 09, 2021
iammo:

Except for Imbecilic dunce, nobody in their right senses believe anyone is seeking refuge in Benin Republic
How can you insult your village people like this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fear In Onitsha As Truckload Of Live Bullets Falls by iammo(m): 8:01pm On May 09, 2021
Igbochief001:

How can you insult your village people like this

Am from a city not a potopoto red mud village

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fear In Onitsha As Truckload Of Live Bullets Falls by Aufbauh(m): 8:07pm On May 09, 2021
God is not asleep.

"As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy".
Christopher Dawson
Re: Fear In Onitsha As Truckload Of Live Bullets Falls by kettykin: 8:08pm On May 09, 2021
My thinking is the same way some people are being suspected of planning and preparing for war , another group should be inaugurated to be planning for peace , holding peaceful seminar on why peace is important and the way forward to achieving peace, raising money to empower people in the Region who are not employed , taking peace messages to every nook and cranny of the east , powered by the governors and philanthropist etc

But then will the Government Agents like the police, military etc allow them to work without harassment , will they not be embarassed and called names by the same foolish nigerians who called biafra online republic
Re: Fear In Onitsha As Truckload Of Live Bullets Falls by unity004(m): 8:09pm On May 09, 2021
Re: Fear In Onitsha As Truckload Of Live Bullets Falls by Philipponzaghi: 8:09pm On May 09, 2021
The Nation newspaper is Afonja paper .

What is afonja problem in this even if the SE turn to Somalia? Those bullet are procured by Mazi Ohamidike to continue his crusade in the SE and rid us of policemen to the last man.

Even if all the policemen we are killing are our fellow Igbo men and women, what is Afonja own? Ojukwu caused the death of more people than what Mazi is doing currently and Mazi Kanu already said he will break the record of Ojukwu so efulefu Yoruba media should keep off.

Even if SE turns to Borno, what is Afonja own? Mazi Kanu already said he will destroy everything in the SE and rebuild them back after the Zoo give us freedom.
Re: Fear In Onitsha As Truckload Of Live Bullets Falls by Rodwave: 8:12pm On May 09, 2021

Re: Fear In Onitsha As Truckload Of Live Bullets Falls by Nobody: 8:14pm On May 09, 2021
iammo:

Am from a city not a potopoto red mud village
Lmao we know people who are still in idp camp in Benin republic

U can't deny your people in this critical time na .... lmao
Re: Fear In Onitsha As Truckload Of Live Bullets Falls by batstan(m): 8:16pm On May 09, 2021
The siege! angry
Re: Fear In Onitsha As Truckload Of Live Bullets Falls by iammo(m): 8:16pm On May 09, 2021
Igbochief001:

Lmao we know people who are still in idp camp in Benin republic

U can't deny your people in this critical time na .... lmao

Exactly what I first said, only Imbecilic dunce believe anyone is seeking refuge in Benin Republic

Re: Fear In Onitsha As Truckload Of Live Bullets Falls by SlayerForever: 8:18pm On May 09, 2021
mouthofThegod:
Na only one truck dem see...the remaining 10 trucks don reach their destination since and dem don offload finish, distribute major consignments.
When I mean major consignments,I don mean just live bullets.. Nigeria don cast

Kwuo eziokwu.
Re: Fear In Onitsha As Truckload Of Live Bullets Falls by SweetiliciousD: 8:18pm On May 09, 2021
Igbochief001:
This is DSS trying to justify their earlier statements that ipob is moving bombs to south east

Why u go move bullets through roads when rivers are unmand ?

Hmmmm....

U de think what I'm thinking?

(1) (2)

'some States'll Die If We Embrace True Federalism' / Osun State Governor, Oyetola Convoy stoned yesterday by Residents (Video) / Enugu One Million Man March For Peter Obi Grounds Enugu - Vanguard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.