Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,310 members, 7,815,562 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

Why Do They Always Request For Mother's Maiden Name? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Do They Always Request For Mother's Maiden Name? (30099 Views)

DSS Shuts Abuja School, Sacks 140 Teachers Over Request For Better Welfare / The Maiden NASSA Essay Writing Competition 2020 / Covenant University Wins Maiden Pan-african Debate Contest In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do They Always Request For Mother's Maiden Name? by Akpuobi1: 7:42am On May 10, 2021
D
Re: Why Do They Always Request For Mother's Maiden Name? by eallstar: 7:44am On May 10, 2021
iammo:
Since it's a security question just like a password, they need a question only you can remember the answer

Your Mother's Surname before marrying your father is a name you know personally but most of your friends and colleagues don't know

Most people knows your mum as , Mummy Yemi, Mrs (your father's Surname),
What about if your mother stole your phone, I mean all this modern day slay queen mother?

1 Like

Re: Why Do They Always Request For Mother's Maiden Name? by crafteck(m): 7:45am On May 10, 2021
Cos fathers maiden name no sure until dna, even dna na probability e go give you. Percentage
Re: Why Do They Always Request For Mother's Maiden Name? by WorldRichest: 7:45am On May 10, 2021
Rituals, that's what Babalawos ask for. Useless children of darkness
Re: Why Do They Always Request For Mother's Maiden Name? by iammo(m): 7:45am On May 10, 2021
eallstar:

What about if your mother stole your phone, I mean all this modern day slay queen mother?

Most times there are alternative security question
Re: Why Do They Always Request For Mother's Maiden Name? by WorldRichest: 7:46am On May 10, 2021
Kabongo1:
It's a security question.

However in this world, the only thing we are sure of is who your mother is, we aren't sure that the man you call your father is your biological father....

That's why Babalawos ask for mother's name

1 Like

Re: Why Do They Always Request For Mother's Maiden Name? by Nobody: 7:48am On May 10, 2021
cause father maiden sound some how

CHECK MY STATUS
Re: Why Do They Always Request For Mother's Maiden Name? by allejo44: 7:49am On May 10, 2021
Kingluqman:
You for even talk sey na for ritual na grin

Olodo
Hahahahaha akuya
Re: Why Do They Always Request For Mother's Maiden Name? by Vlupos: 7:49am On May 10, 2021
Koyemi o
Re: Why Do They Always Request For Mother's Maiden Name? by coolcare(m): 7:50am On May 10, 2021
iammo:
Since it's a security question just like a password, they need a question only you can remember the answer

Your Mother's Surname before marrying your father is a name you know personally but most of your friends and colleagues don't know

This guy know book����
Re: Why Do They Always Request For Mother's Maiden Name? by Ikpongiton: 7:50am On May 10, 2021
anonym0us:
what if it's your brother or cousin that stole your phone
then your brother or cousin who stole your phone is an enemy and not actually a thief
Re: Why Do They Always Request For Mother's Maiden Name? by Bahrain: 7:51am On May 10, 2021
jayned:
I also noticed some people think the maiden name is the first name that is entirely wrong. To avoid this confusion, I just ask for the maternal grandfather's (mother's father's) name in simple terms.
It's really a unique question.
Please when asked don't write Celina, Ifeoma, Hajara, etc. Cos those are obviously ladies' names.
Lol... Uptill today, I use to write Mojisola as my mother maiden name

1 Like

Re: Why Do They Always Request For Mother's Maiden Name? by Princeton92(m): 7:52am On May 10, 2021
Oh well, so far with all what I've read here I'm just knowing it's a security question which I never even wondered why they ask it sef.
Re: Why Do They Always Request For Mother's Maiden Name? by dododawa1: 7:57am On May 10, 2021
Why not FATHER maiden name?
Re: Why Do They Always Request For Mother's Maiden Name? by Nobody: 7:58am On May 10, 2021
jayned:
I also noticed some people think the maiden name is the first name that is entirely wrong. To avoid this confusion, I just ask for the maternal grandfather's (mother's father's) name in simple terms.
It's really a unique question.
Please when asked don't write Celina, Ifeoma, Hajara, etc. Cos those are obviously ladies' names.
you're right, but it depends on the name you wrote with them be it bank or sim, or any thing else, because some people do use their mum's name (feminine) as her maiden name as a result of wrong understanding of it
Re: Why Do They Always Request For Mother's Maiden Name? by oluwasegun007(m): 8:01am On May 10, 2021
Some dont even know difference between mothers name and maiden name.
Re: Why Do They Always Request For Mother's Maiden Name? by Munamu: 8:01am On May 10, 2021
It is just for getting your complete data. For example your father's bachelor name is already known. Next is your mum's.
Re: Why Do They Always Request For Mother's Maiden Name? by wonderr(m): 8:02am On May 10, 2021
anonym0us:
if that is the case ur family is a disaster u don't deserve getting ur phone back
instead use d resources for finding ur phone to fix ur family

1 Like

Re: Why Do They Always Request For Mother's Maiden Name? by Ademola121(m): 8:04am On May 10, 2021
Transactions require uniqueness.

More than two people can bear the same name but it is impossible that people of the same names are born from the same mother.

It is deep. The people saying it’s a spiritual phenomenon are very intelligent people. Don’t just thwart their response because you went to school

The people saying it’s spiritual went to school too only that they learnt another dimension to it that others may not care about

3 Likes

Re: Why Do They Always Request For Mother's Maiden Name? by Nobody: 8:12am On May 10, 2021
iammo:

so what's your point cool
Re: Why Do They Always Request For Mother's Maiden Name? by seyz91(m): 8:13am On May 10, 2021
cheesy

you are truly a short gun
shortgun:
Na for spiritual mata...the world is deep.
Re: Why Do They Always Request For Mother's Maiden Name? by Nobody: 8:16am On May 10, 2021
What should they ask?
Your father's maiden name which is your Last name or Surname ?
Hell no...
Reason am well...
Yemmysworld91:
I don't know if am posting this in the right section. I noticed banks, sim registration etc. do request for mother's maiden name. What's the intent behind it?
Re: Why Do They Always Request For Mother's Maiden Name? by tellmoon(m): 8:16am On May 10, 2021
Ademola121:
Transactions require uniqueness.

More than two people can bear the same name but it is impossible that people of the same names are born from the same mother.

It is deep. The people saying it’s a spiritual phenomenon are very intelligent people. Don’t just thwart their response because you went to school

The people saying it’s spiritual went to school too only that they learnt another dimension to it that others may not care about

U are right.
There are stages to identification.
U may have 2 or more people bearing the same names, who may come from the same state and also the same local government. Think of it, if u were to differentiate them, it may become very difficult. Now, the angle of mother's maiden name, when brought in can just spell the difference, as people different pple bearing same names would also have their mothers bearing same surnames (Surnames before marriage).

2 Likes

Re: Why Do They Always Request For Mother's Maiden Name? by masterflowx(m): 8:23am On May 10, 2021
anonym0us:

Not only about phone matter my brother. You can also commit a crime in future that will require your mother's maiden name to trace you to your root.

You know some families has abadon the surname the answered when they were in primary or secondry schools. For example, in my family out of 4 boys I am the only one still answering my great-grandfather's name.
Re: Why Do They Always Request For Mother's Maiden Name? by returncole: 8:28am On May 10, 2021
They should be asking for their Oríkî - (naming nomenclature appendage). That's also difficult. Nonsense! Asking that is just a result from the feminist movement.
Re: Why Do They Always Request For Mother's Maiden Name? by idiagbo86(m): 8:31am On May 10, 2021
Because the future is female.
this my over sense is becoming 2 much.
Re: Why Do They Always Request For Mother's Maiden Name? by BestMan001: 8:38am On May 10, 2021
Thank you.
Re: Why Do They Always Request For Mother's Maiden Name? by holutee(m): 8:38am On May 10, 2021
Because You can't be sure of who the father is, but you are sure who the mother is.
Re: Why Do They Always Request For Mother's Maiden Name? by Nomyth: 8:41am On May 10, 2021
iammo:

This is not true, it is purely for identification like people already noted up.

The reason mother maiden name is always required is to provide a unique means of identification in case u have more than 1 person bearing the exact name.

For instance, OJO is a very popular surname in Yorubaland. Now imagine how meny people will be bearing names like Nike Ojo, Wale Ojo, KAyode Ojo e.t.c.

In order to differentiate them and make a unique I.D for them, u need the Mother's maiden name.

Why?

Because u cannot use the father' name for example. Since Ojo is common to both individuals, chances are that the father of both individuals also bear the same name.

You cannot use the Mothers marital name too for the same reason that Ojo will still be present.

That is what brought about mother's maiden name.

If u and I both bear Sunday Ojo, our fathers will almost certainly bear Ojo, our Mothers will also almost certainly bear Ojo but will our Maternal grandfather also bear similar names? It's almost unlikely. So this is the perfect way to distinguish us.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do They Always Request For Mother's Maiden Name? by Onyeka2019: 8:49am On May 10, 2021
shortgun:
Na for spiritual mata...the world is deep.

Lol na so
Re: Why Do They Always Request For Mother's Maiden Name? by OneNigeria1: 8:50am On May 10, 2021
if things go side ways then can trace you own family and trace your mother's family too

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is It Alright For A 10 Years Old Child To Be In J S S 3? / Comparing Graduate School In The USA and UK / Registered Errand Boy At The Ahmadu Bello University Zaria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.