Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,018 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:18 AM

One Cop Shot As Unknown Gunmen Attack Another Police Station In Abia - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / One Cop Shot As Unknown Gunmen Attack Another Police Station In Abia (766 Views)

Kuje Prison Attack: Another Boko Haram Commander Arrested In Abuja / Seven Shot As Another Police Station Is Razed In Lagos / Channels TV Journalist Shot As Police Clash With Shiites In Abuja [Photo] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

One Cop Shot As Unknown Gunmen Attack Another Police Station In Abia by Philipponzaghi: 12:17am On May 10, 2021
One police personnel was wounded in the leg on Sunday when unknown gunmen attacked Mike Okiro police station near Ubani Ibeku Main Market Umuahia.

The invasion of the police station resulted in panic in the capital city when the news filtered in as some churches ended their service abruptly to enable their members go home.

Residents most of whom were already out of their homes hurriedly scampered for their homes to avoid being caught in the crossfire as tension mounted.

The initial report had it that Ubani market was set ablaze by unknown assailants, thus throwing residents of the capital city into panic.

When contacted, the Police Public Relations Officer PPRO Geoffrey Ogbonna said the incident occurred around 9:45am.

He said the hoodlums came in two Sienna busses, one Hilux van, and three motorcycles but were engaged in a gun duel by policemen on duty.

According to him the invaders however managed to gain entry into the premises where they entered the offices and collected some documents and office equipment which they set on fire.

He said the heat of the fire affected the ceiling of the building and some furniture.

The PPRO said that the building was still intact and not burnt down contrary to reports, explaining that the police personnel on duty were able to repel the attackers.

Ogbonna said that the attackers later burnt two vehicles and two motorcycles parked in the premises.

READ ALSO: 30 dead bodies recovered from Niger boat mishap, 65 rescued alive He, also said that one police personnel was wounded in the leg by bullet during the exchange of fire with the invaders, but added that the injured cop is receiving treatment at the hospital.

The PPRO further said that the incident occurred few hours after a gang of five robbers was intercepted by the police in Aba.

He said that the robbers were operating in a jeep when they were intercepted by the police and opened fire on them.

He said three of the robbers were arrested and their Jeep recovered while two of them escaped.

Source: https://thestreetjournal.org/2021/05/one-cop-shot-as-unknown-gunmen-attack-another-police-station-in-abia/

Lalasticala Mynd44 OAM4J

Re: One Cop Shot As Unknown Gunmen Attack Another Police Station In Abia by Nobody: 12:21am On May 10, 2021
UGM
Re: One Cop Shot As Unknown Gunmen Attack Another Police Station In Abia by Akwamkpuruamu: 12:35am On May 10, 2021
St UGM, pray for us and preach the gospel of freedom

2 Likes

Re: One Cop Shot As Unknown Gunmen Attack Another Police Station In Abia by richeeyo(m): 12:46am On May 10, 2021
Akwamkpuruamu:
St UGM, pray for us and preach the gospel of freedom
Through distribution abi, una go hear am
Re: One Cop Shot As Unknown Gunmen Attack Another Police Station In Abia by Penguin2: 12:53am On May 10, 2021
Seems killing Ikonso has not achieved the result it was meant to achieve.

I don’t support killing of police officers in police stations...

But you see those fools who mount checkpoints, collecting 50 naira from peasants, do with them what I wanna, oh ye UGM
Re: One Cop Shot As Unknown Gunmen Attack Another Police Station In Abia by flemsy15(m): 12:53am On May 10, 2021
meccuno:
what is ESNs picture doing there? undecided
He don already conclude Na ESN b d unknown gunmen.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Cop Shot As Unknown Gunmen Attack Another Police Station In Abia by meccuno: 1:14am On May 10, 2021
flemsy15:
He don already conclude Na ESN b d unknown gunmen.
Aboki sef

3 Likes

Re: One Cop Shot As Unknown Gunmen Attack Another Police Station In Abia by Philipponzaghi: 1:33am On May 10, 2021
Shukwu Abiama bless unknown gunmen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: One Cop Shot As Unknown Gunmen Attack Another Police Station In Abia by ScamHunter: 2:22am On May 10, 2021
My fiancee joined police. I just left her. I wonder what people see in police sef? What's the attraction? Is it the daily bribe money? In fact, I felt she must love trouble to have interest in that sort of job. Imagine having your wife shot by UGM because she chose a dangerous job.
Re: One Cop Shot As Unknown Gunmen Attack Another Police Station In Abia by Mynd44: 5:36am On May 10, 2021

(1)

States That Voted AGAINST And FOR Local Government Autonomy / Nnamdi Kanu Is Your Son, Discuss With Him – Ohanaeze Chieftain Tells Buhari / Buhari: I Have First Cousins In Niger Republic, Therefore We Must Build There.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.