Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,402 members, 7,822,844 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:56 PM

Alleged Coup: Nigerians May Not Believe Buhari’s Government Again — Yakassai - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alleged Coup: Nigerians May Not Believe Buhari’s Government Again — Yakassai (675 Views)

Tanko Yakassai: Why Tinubu Will Perform Better Than Buhari As President / Yakassai: I Knew Buhari Can’t Fix Any Of Nigeria’s Problems / Ministerial List: A Mockery of Buhari's Anti-Corruption war - Yakassai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alleged Coup: Nigerians May Not Believe Buhari’s Government Again — Yakassai by joyairemiya: 5:59am On May 10, 2021
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

Elder statesman, Alhaji Tanko Yakassai, on Sunday said the statement by the presidency of an alleged plot to overthrow President Muhammadu Buhari’s government is uncalled-for, saying Nigerians may not believe them again if they continue making such statements going forward.

The presidency, last week, said there was an alleged plot by some Nigerians, working with foreign elements, to overthrow the current administration.

However, speaking with Daily Independent, Yakassai, a former presidential adviser to the late President Shehu Shagari, said if it is indeed true that the presidency has concrete evidence of a planned coup, what it should have done is to swing into action by arresting and prosecuting the masterminds instead of issuing statements. He said, “I read the news where they said they are aware of a conspiracy to overthrow the president".

"This is a very serious issue. What I expect from the presidency is not a statement of this nature because there are so many statements like this in the past. I think it is time for the presidency to act.

"If they continue making statements without acting, people will tend not to believe them in the future and it will be disastrous for the country if the citizens cannot trust their leadership".

“This time, I think the government should let actions speak louder than words. Let them arrest those who are scheming to overthrow the government and arraign them before the court of law".

That is more credible and helpful for the country than making these statements which may make people brand their statements as ridiculous in the future”.

Also speaking on calls by some Nigerians on the Federal Government to convene a national conference, Yakassai said that the government should concentrate efforts on implementing reports of past conferences.

While noting the 2023 general elections is less than two years away, he said convening another conference now will amount to waste of time and resources and it may negatively affect the forthcoming general elections. “There are many national conferences that we have had even before the one of 2014.

"I wasn’t happy that former President (Goodluck) Jonathan who initiated the 2014 national conference did not find it necessary to issue a White Paper and accept which part of the conference that the government accepted and which part they will reject".
If we had done that, we would have gone far by now.

“There is no need for another conference when the recommendations of the previous conferences were not implemented. You can’t keep on holding conferences and making recommendations which are not implemented.

"I will prefer the government to take the report of the previous conferences, pick each one they consider appropriate and implement them rather than holding another conference".

https://independent.ng/alleged-coup-nigerians-may-not-believe-buharis-govt-again-yakassai/

Re: Alleged Coup: Nigerians May Not Believe Buhari’s Government Again — Yakassai by PrinceOfLagos: 6:02am On May 10, 2021
I'm sorry but I hate that name Buhari

4 Likes

Re: Alleged Coup: Nigerians May Not Believe Buhari’s Government Again — Yakassai by ayzTIGER: 6:06am On May 10, 2021
The impostor in aso rock must be exposed and adequately punished with the cabals that ganged up and put him there. We will resist any process of letting this impostor runaway through the backdoor via this rumored coup. The foolishness and docility of Nigeria must be exposed to the world.
Re: Alleged Coup: Nigerians May Not Believe Buhari’s Government Again — Yakassai by Racoon(m): 6:15am On May 10, 2021
Who will believe a government that has made lies, lying and propaganda as official policies of government? BTW, why should the useless, clueless, rudderless, and hopeless Buhari's government be afraid of being overthrown?

After all, he also did same to a democratically elected civilian govt of President Shehu Shagari in 1983.And all the alleged reasons he gave for doing so then are here in worst version.So what has changed?
Re: Alleged Coup: Nigerians May Not Believe Buhari’s Government Again — Yakassai by Grace001: 6:22am On May 10, 2021
Believe his regime at your own peril, a regime padded with lies and deceit can’t experience peace or progress. Nigerians won’t forget his regime, they have experience shege

He is only there to achieved 2 things and he has achieved that. Buhari is just catching cruise till 2023 when he will handover this dead country to another oppressor
Re: Alleged Coup: Nigerians May Not Believe Buhari’s Government Again — Yakassai by chatinent: 6:48am On May 10, 2021
Observing intently...
Re: Alleged Coup: Nigerians May Not Believe Buhari’s Government Again — Yakassai by Koryc: 6:53am On May 10, 2021
It is only terrorist and their sympathisers that believes a word out of that clueless President.
Re: Alleged Coup: Nigerians May Not Believe Buhari’s Government Again — Yakassai by nairavsdollars(f): 7:00am On May 10, 2021
There was no coup in the first place, just to scare Nigerians
Re: Alleged Coup: Nigerians May Not Believe Buhari’s Government Again — Yakassai by vengertime: 7:36am On May 10, 2021
BUHARI is a scam

Re: Alleged Coup: Nigerians May Not Believe Buhari’s Government Again — Yakassai by sapientia(m): 8:06am On May 10, 2021
APC na scam
Re: Alleged Coup: Nigerians May Not Believe Buhari’s Government Again — Yakassai by tishbite41(m): 8:08am On May 10, 2021
Ndi Zoo, na una sabi

No checkpoints in the East!
Re: Alleged Coup: Nigerians May Not Believe Buhari’s Government Again — Yakassai by Veqtor: 8:13am On May 10, 2021
If there's indeed a planned coup, and it's a big IF, cos this Fulani govt lies all d tym, I hope d coup succeeds.

Maybe everyone will breathe again if it does. Clowns.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Again Facebook Delete Buhari Civil War Post / Efcc Chairman At Ungass In New York, Usa [photos] / Twitter Suspension: Okadabooks Suspends Its Twitter Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.