Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

My ‘peace Conference’ Initiative Inspired By VP Osinbajo – Afe Babalola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My ‘peace Conference’ Initiative Inspired By VP Osinbajo – Afe Babalola (457 Views)

Prepaid Meter Manufacturing Company Commissioned By VP Shettima In Anambra / Crowd At Buhari Supporters Rally In Abuja Attended By VP Osibanjo- VIDEO / The Storming Of Kwara By VP Osinbajo In Pictures. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My ‘peace Conference’ Initiative Inspired By VP Osinbajo – Afe Babalola by okefranci: 11:14am On May 10, 2021
By Ariwodola Idowu
Legal icon, Aare Afe Babalola, on Friday said his peace conference initiative is a direct response to an earlier request by Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo, for men and women of goodwill to contribute to moving Nigeria forward.
He also said the peace conference was designed to help find ways out of the current national challenges and not to divide the country.
The nonegarian said this in a goodwill message at the foundation-laying ceremony of the “NBA House”, located along NTA road in Ado Ekiti.
Babalola said he is a steady friend of governments and that his views and advise have always been respected in the past.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Babalola had pleaded with the Ooni of Ife, Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi, to lead other opinion leaders and moulders like former Presidents, National Assembly, traditional and religious leaders, Civil Society Organizations to the conference, tagged “Summit of Hope”.
He said attendants would consist of past Presidents, members and representatives of National and State Assemblies, University Vice Chancellors, Obas, Emirs, Trade Unionists, among others, who will suggest how the country will have a new constitution to solve our labyrinth of problems.
Babalola said lawyers knew that “the constitution is clear on the right of all of us, either singly or together, to advise government, in good faith, on how the country can move forward, devoid of disintegration or anarchy.
Babalola said Vice President Osinbajo’s blame on Nigerian elites for keeping quiet, formed part of the reasons he took up the challenge.
”All I am doing, in my own case, is to prevent the country from disintegration and drifting into anarchy so that it can remain an indivisible entity, and not to throw the country into turmoil as being suggested.
”I am here to spend my own money and time to help government return decorum to our dear nation. There must not be anarchy or civil war,” he said.
Meanwhile, Ekiti State Council of Elders, in a separate statement after its Strategic Committee meetings, expressed support for Babalola’s move to help the Federal government return normalcy and peace to the country
A communique, jointly signed by its President, Prof. Joseph Oluwasanmi, General-Secretary, Mr. Niyi Ajibulu, and Public Relations Officer, Dr. Bayo Orire, said the council is proud to identify with Babalola.
The council said it is also proud of the cooperation exhibited by the Ooni of Ife and urged others to emulate his kind gestures.
The Elders Council said it will also organise a mini summit which will act as a prelude to the one being contemplated by the eminent lawyer.

Re: My ‘peace Conference’ Initiative Inspired By VP Osinbajo – Afe Babalola by okefranci: 11:16am On May 10, 2021
Peace ,unity and coexistence have been the VP OSINBAJO watchword so we all need to emulate this
Re: My ‘peace Conference’ Initiative Inspired By VP Osinbajo – Afe Babalola by Joylove2324(f): 11:22am On May 10, 2021
Osinbajo is just a blessing to Nigerians
Re: My ‘peace Conference’ Initiative Inspired By VP Osinbajo – Afe Babalola by Jollylolly(f): 11:24am On May 10, 2021
The truth is that, no any sane Nigerian will not like Osinbajo and what stand for or the person he is.

togetherness is what can rebuild Nigeria.
Re: My ‘peace Conference’ Initiative Inspired By VP Osinbajo – Afe Babalola by IduNaOba: 11:29am On May 10, 2021
Naija is gone.
Yall should get over this country already.
Re: My ‘peace Conference’ Initiative Inspired By VP Osinbajo – Afe Babalola by Baawaa(m): 11:30am On May 10, 2021
[quote]He said attendants would consist of past Presidents, members and representatives of National and State Assemblies, University Vice Chancellors, Obas, Emirs, Trade Unionists, among others, who will suggest how the country will have a new constitution to solve our labyrinth of problems.[/quote]
Our constitution need amendments
Re: My ‘peace Conference’ Initiative Inspired By VP Osinbajo – Afe Babalola by Jhayphil: 12:09pm On May 10, 2021
Our strength lies in our unity. We have to play our part to ensure peace reigns.
Re: My ‘peace Conference’ Initiative Inspired By VP Osinbajo – Afe Babalola by ojokolax: 1:14pm On May 10, 2021
Many people fail to realize the impact that Prof Osinbajo has across board especially as regards to national issues.
Re: My ‘peace Conference’ Initiative Inspired By VP Osinbajo – Afe Babalola by FarahAideed: 1:22pm On May 10, 2021
Conference is part of the reason Nigeria is where it is .. Conferences are waste of funds
Re: My ‘peace Conference’ Initiative Inspired By VP Osinbajo – Afe Babalola by Olatunji1929: 1:47pm On May 10, 2021
Wasting of money and resources,What happen to 2014 confab?if its not going their way aboki will never implement it
Re: My ‘peace Conference’ Initiative Inspired By VP Osinbajo – Afe Babalola by ecomalchemist(m): 5:56am On May 11, 2021
omo ope is still hiding unddr the shadow of the almighty.
Re: My ‘peace Conference’ Initiative Inspired By VP Osinbajo – Afe Babalola by Joyce95: 7:44am On May 16, 2021
Osinbajo you're indeed a great thing that ever happens to Nigeria, thank you your wisdom.

(1) (Reply)

Current Situation In Imo State: A Student Cries Out Against Police/army Brutalit / House Of Reps Queries NHIS Over N152 Million Spent On Hand Sanitisers, Face Mask / Brekete Family: The Arrest Of Ordinary President, Isah Ahmad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.