Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,662 members, 7,809,503 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:39 AM

Christ Alive In You! – Pastor Chris - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christ Alive In You! – Pastor Chris (2102 Views)

An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Why Do We Never See Videos Of Anita? Youtube? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christ Alive In You! – Pastor Chris by Joagbaje(m): 6:55pm On Apr 26, 2011
1 Peter 2:9
But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvelous light

Christianity is not a religion; it’s Christ alive in you; divinity at work in humanity. As Christians, we are called to show Christ alive to our world. The world knows that He died, but many are not sure where He went to; they need proof that He was truly raised from the dead. Our responsibility therefore is to present Him alive in our day.

This understanding informed the song we used in years gone by as theme song for our crusades. Back then we would go into villages and areas in the back side of civilization singing: “He’s alive, amen, He’s alive, Jesus is alive forever He’s alive amen!” It was such a great crusade song and it got people inquiring to know more about Jesus being alive. The import of that song could be an objective fact to many, but until it becomes a subjective reality to you, you haven’t started.

This is the reason every Christian has to be alive – live-wire – for were ministering one who was raised from the dead; were ministering the risen Christ. It's one thing to preach or announce that Jesus is alive; it’s another thing to show Him alive. Our responsibility is to show Him alive. Often times we say “Christ lives in me,” yes He does. But that doesn’t mean He’s expressed through you. So the question you must answer is whether He talks, walks or lives thought you. Is He alive in you?

Blessed be God, Christ is alive in me! He’s alive in every fibre of my being, every bone of my body, and every cell of my blood! He lives in me. So I’ll never be defeated. I’m a success for life, because He lives in me. This should be your thinking; you’re His living tabernacle; you carry Him everywhere you go! When you show up, He shows up. Believe it, for that’s Christianity; Christ taking up His abode in you and touching the world through you!

Confession
Christ is alive in me, in every fiber of my being, every bone of my body, every cell of my blood. He’s the living light of my life, and I shine forth with His glory today! My life is a manifestation of His glory as I live for Him daily. Hallelujah.

Further Study
Romans 1:1-4
Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God, (Which he had promised afore by his prophets in the holy scriptures,) Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh; And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:
Re: Christ Alive In You! – Pastor Chris by thehomer: 8:32pm On Apr 26, 2011
Joagbaje:

1 Peter 2:9
But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvelous light

Christianity is not a religion; it’s Christ alive in you; divinity at work in humanity. As Christians, we are called to show Christ alive to our world. The world knows that He died, but many are not sure where He went to; they need proof that He was truly raised from the dead. Our responsibility therefore is to present Him alive in our day.

No. Christianity is a religion going by the usual definition that also encompasses Islam, Judaism, Baha'i faith etc. Do you really think there is any evidence you can present to convince another person that someone was resurrected from the dead many years ago? What evidence would convince you that someone was raised from the dead 200 years ago?

Joagbaje:

This understanding informed the song we used in years gone by as theme song for our crusades. Back then we would go into villages and areas in the back side of civilization singing: “He’s alive, amen, He’s alive, Jesus is alive forever He’s alive amen!” It was such a great crusade song and it got people inquiring to know more about Jesus being alive. The import of that song could be an objective fact to many, but until it becomes a subjective reality to you, you haven’t started.

I suspect that people in the less civilized regions would prefer to have food, medication or similar services than people chanting and telling them stories.

Joagbaje:

This is the reason every Christian has to be alive – live-wire – for were ministering one who was raised from the dead; were ministering the risen Christ. It's one thing to preach or announce that Jesus is alive; it’s another thing to show Him alive. Our responsibility is to show Him alive. Often times we say “Christ lives in me,” yes He does. But that doesn’t mean He’s expressed through you. So the question you must answer is whether He talks, walks or lives thought you. Is He alive in you?

Nice. How do you demonstrate this?

Joagbaje:

Blessed be God, Christ is alive in me! He’s alive in every fibre of my being, every bone of my body, and every cell of my blood! He lives in me. So I’ll never be defeated. I’m a success for life, because He lives in me. This should be your thinking; you’re His living tabernacle; you carry Him everywhere you go! When you show up, He shows up. Believe it, for that’s Christianity; Christ taking up His abode in you and touching the world through you!

Confession
Christ is alive in me, in every fiber of my being, every bone of my body, every cell of my blood. He’s the living light of my life, and I shine forth with His glory today! My life is a manifestation of His glory as I live for Him daily. Hallelujah.

This is not a demonstration. It's simply you asserting something that you would like to be true. This is no different from the sort of magical thinking that is involved in materials such as The Secret.

Joagbaje:

Further Study
Romans 1:1-4
Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God, (Which he had promised afore by his prophets in the holy scriptures,) Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh; And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:

So Jesus was the seed of David through who? According to which genealogy?
Re: Christ Alive In You! – Pastor Chris by kreamstaff: 10:18am On Apr 27, 2011
Thanks jogbagbe for uploading this, God bless u and strenghten u more in the midst of adversary. Many people are being blessed by these things u post so please dont stop, even if the devil keeps trying to discourage u on this thread. we know he is a toothless bulldog, so are his followers/instruments on here. . . they aint nothin! The Church is marching on and the gates of hell?. . . oh please smiley
Re: Christ Alive In You! – Pastor Chris by Joagbaje(m): 11:24am On Apr 27, 2011
Thank you kreammy.

(1) (Reply)

What Brings Atheists Together? / 14 + 1 Religious Lies.... / Beware Of Deceivers!!!!paul Never Contradicted Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.