Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,002 members, 7,821,516 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:12 PM

Nigerian Is First International Recipient Of Northrup Award In US - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Is First International Recipient Of Northrup Award In US (152 Views)

The 30 Grammatical Blunders Every Nigerian Is Guilty Of And Their Correction / Chidi Chike Achebe Bags Award In Medicine And Science At US College (Photo) / Toyosi Craig Wins Most Outstanding Student Award In South Africa (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Is First International Recipient Of Northrup Award In US by iwaeda: 2:28pm On May 10, 2021
Chioma Onwuchekwa, a final year Ph.D. candidate of environmental science-chemistry at Tennessee Technological University, Cookeville, Tennessee, USA, has been awarded the Northrup Outstanding Teaching Assistant Award for the 2020/2021 academic year.

The honour makes her the first Nigerian, African and international student to ever win this award.

The award is given to teaching assistants who, while carrying out their duties, possess high ethical standards, dependability, punctuality, preparedness, teamwork, dedication to teaching and a demonstrated high level of professionalism.

The professor who presented the award, described Chioma, whose research focuses on microplastics in aquatic ecosystems, as “an absolute pleasure to work with”.

He also said that “Chioma constantly received the highest ratings when evaluated by the students and is generally loved by students, faculty and staff of the department.”

Chioma is on a teaching scholarship, so her studies are funded by my college. They pay her school fees and a monthly stipend.

In exchange, “I carry out teaching duties referred to as a Teaching Assistant.

“For the past four years, I have been an instructor for general chemistry laboratory, where I teach, supervise, examine and evaluate first year university students on principles of chemistry.

“On Friday, April 30, I was awarded the Northrup Outstanding Teaching Assistant Award for the 2020/2021 academic year,” Chioma gushed over the Northrup award.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/05/nigerian-is-first-international-recipient-of-northrup-award-in-us/amp/?
Re: Nigerian Is First International Recipient Of Northrup Award In US by iwaeda: 2:30pm On May 10, 2021
Igbo Amaka!!! Lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

Please Help Me,may God Bless You / UTME: JAMB Gives Update On Printing Of 2021 Mock Slip / First Time A Project Student; Here Are Easy Tips To Guide You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.