Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,801 members, 7,820,803 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:05 PM

Is It Safe To Contact The Police With Your Phone Number When Reporting A Robbery - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Is It Safe To Contact The Police With Your Phone Number When Reporting A Robbery (315 Views)

9-Month Pregnant Woman Who Led A Robbery Gang Arrested In Edo / Graphic Designer Left To Die After Being Stabbed During A Robbery Attack / APC Branded Vehicle Recovered By Police At A Robbery Scene In Kogi(pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Safe To Contact The Police With Your Phone Number When Reporting A Robbery by superjab247: 7:25pm On May 10, 2021
A friend of my argued that the distress telephone lines on most police patrol vans are not safe to be contacted with a phone number you are currently using to inform the police about a robbery operation in your area,this is due to the fact that the police can hand over your numbers to the robbers and the criminals would come back looking for you.

How true is this,is it risky to contact the police distress numbers in their operational vans with your mobile number?
Re: Is It Safe To Contact The Police With Your Phone Number When Reporting A Robbery by TheStakeHolder(m): 7:26pm On May 10, 2021
Try it first.
Re: Is It Safe To Contact The Police With Your Phone Number When Reporting A Robbery by SmartProf(m): 7:30pm On May 10, 2021
Sometimes Nigerian policemen are collaborators in robbery...if you are not lucky u will be reporting the robbers to their colleagues on black uniform.
Re: Is It Safe To Contact The Police With Your Phone Number When Reporting A Robbery by superjab247: 7:46pm On May 10, 2021
SmartProf:
Sometimes Nigerian policemen are collaborators in robbery...if you are not lucky u will be reporting the robbers to their colleagues on black uniform.
I mean the numbers on their patrol vans,how risky is it,should someone block and dispose the SIM card after the call
Re: Is It Safe To Contact The Police With Your Phone Number When Reporting A Robbery by SmartProf(m): 7:49pm On May 10, 2021
superjab247:

I mean the numbers on their patrol vans,how risky is it,should someone block and dispose the SIM card after the call
Not necessary. If your call isn't a false alarm and you need to do it to rescue a terrible situation, you can go ahead.
Re: Is It Safe To Contact The Police With Your Phone Number When Reporting A Robbery by superjab247: 7:52pm On May 10, 2021
TheStakeHolder:
Try it first.
How do you mean,do you have an contrary reservations or opinion about this issue please u can share it,we including myself learn everyday by each other sharing our various experiences !!!
Re: Is It Safe To Contact The Police With Your Phone Number When Reporting A Robbery by psucc(m): 7:54pm On May 10, 2021
Just damn the consequence and do the call.

But mind you, most of the officers are on the know. So you may be reporting a robber to his colleague. At the end, when police come there will blow sirene at about 300yards away from the crime scene telling the robbers "time up" and hurry up and leave.
Re: Is It Safe To Contact The Police With Your Phone Number When Reporting A Robbery by superjab247: 7:54pm On May 10, 2021
SmartProf:

Not necessary. If your call isn't a false alarm and you need to do it to rescue a terrible situation, you can go ahead.
I was told me that a man called the police and later the robbers went to shoot him dead because he called the police that's why am scared about the annonmyous of the distress calls we put accross,i thought numbers on patrol vans are been picked up in a central operation room embarassed embarassed
Re: Is It Safe To Contact The Police With Your Phone Number When Reporting A Robbery by superjab247: 7:55pm On May 10, 2021
psucc:
Just damn the consequence and do the call.

But mind you, most of the officers are on the know. So you may be reporting a robber to his colleague. At the end, when police come there will blow sirene at about 300yards away from the crime scene telling the robbers "time up" and hurry up and leave.
So are u trying to say it's safe calling the numbers on patrol vans!!!
Re: Is It Safe To Contact The Police With Your Phone Number When Reporting A Robbery by SmartProf(m): 7:58pm On May 10, 2021
superjab247:

I was told me that a man called the police and later the robbers went to shoot him dead because he called the police that's why am scared about the annonmyous of the distress calls we put accross,i thought numbers on patrol vans are been picked up in a central operation room embarassed embarassed
In that case u pointed out, the policemen leaked out that info hence they were collaborators...however, impulse makes emergency calls for such purposes so swift such that u won't care to know what exact number is being used for such calls. The question is do the police in Nigeria respond and show up in real time to such calls?
Re: Is It Safe To Contact The Police With Your Phone Number When Reporting A Robbery by psucc(m): 8:05pm On May 10, 2021
superjab247:

So are u trying to say it's safe calling the numbers on patrol vans!!!
you no even read the leading sentence.

For where you see me support police ever in ma life?
Re: Is It Safe To Contact The Police With Your Phone Number When Reporting A Robbery by PoshTraveler: 9:51pm On May 10, 2021
whatsapp them your nin and bvn to make it legit
Re: Is It Safe To Contact The Police With Your Phone Number When Reporting A Robbery by Depressed101: 10:11pm On May 10, 2021
superjab247:
A friend of my argued that the distress telephone lines on most police patrol vans are not safe to be contacted with a phone number you are currently using to inform the police about a robbery operation in your area,this is due to the fact that the police can hand over your numbers to the robbers and the criminals would come back looking for you.

How true is this,is it risky to contact the police distress numbers in their operational vans with your mobile number?

(1) (Reply)

Lady & Her 16-yr Old Daughter Allegedly Murdered By Neighbour After Botched Rape / 2 Nigerian Women Imprisoned For Human Trafficking In Ireland / Trader Docked In Abuja For Allegedly Buying N300 Suya With Fake N1,000 Note

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.