Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,028 members, 7,814,510 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:11 PM

Acn/gov Fashola In The Lead In Lagos, As Results Trickle In. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Acn/gov Fashola In The Lead In Lagos, As Results Trickle In. (10879 Views)

Former Lagos Governor Fashola In Mecca (Photo) / Election: Jubilation In Ado Ekiti As Assembly Election Results Trickle In / South East Results Start To Trickle In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Acn/gov Fashola In The Lead In Lagos, As Results Trickle In. by EkoIle1: 11:08pm On Apr 26, 2011

Results trickling in from polling units and various wards in Tuesday’s governorship/state houses of assembly elections showed that the ruling Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) and its’ governorship candidate, Babatunde Fashola, may be heading for victory. In almost all the polling units where our correspondent obtained the

results before filing this report, the ACN was leading in the governorship, state house of assembly and earlier postponed federal constituencies polls in Ifako-Ijaiye, Shomolu and Ikorodu. Results declared at polling units and wards so far, including Ward 19, Ojuelegba, Surulere, where the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) governorship candidate, Ade Dosunmu voted, showed that incumbent Governor Fashola and ACN were leading with a wide margin. The results clearly placed Fashola ahead of others with Dosunmu trailing behind. In Ward G3, Itolo where Fashola and wife, Emmanuella, voted, ACN scored 360 while the PDP scored 16 votes. It was the same at former governor Bola Tinubu’s polling unit on Sunday Adigun Street, Alausa, the ACN scored 241 votes as against 30 votes cast in favour of PDP. In Ward 19, where Dosunmu voted in Ojuelegba, the ACN defeated the opposition, running away with 156 against 90 scored by the PDP.

In Ward 031, Bourdilon, Ikoyi, where Tinubu’s palatial home is located, ACN scored 166 while PDP scored 22. Also in Egbe Aguda Surulere, ACN scored 244 votes to defeat the PDP with a paltry 33 votes. At unit 025 polling booth, GRA Ikeja where the speaker Lagos State House of Assembly, Adeyemi Ikuforiji voted ACN scored 121 while PDP scored 25. In the governorship election at this polling unit, ACN had 145, while PDP scored nil vote. Similarly, results declared from three other close by polling booths also showed that ACN was having the upper hand. The breakdown for house of assembly from the three units were as follows: ACN 106, PDP 37; ACN 115, PDP 21; ACN 68, PDP 48. It was the same wide margin recorded for the governorship votes at the three units. At the GRA Ikeja units 13 to 25 along Adekunle Fajuyi Way, about 17 polling units, showed that apart from unit 23 where PDP led with 80 votes to ACN’s 60, ACN cleared all the remaining units with wide margin in the state house of assembly election. It was the same thing with the governorship votes. As at the time of filing this report, results trickling in from across polling units and wards for both the governorship and house of assembly put ACN in the lead with the PDP trailing second. Meanwhile, the Resident Electoral Commissioner (REC ) in Lagos, Adekunle Ogunmola, said last night that the results for the governorship elections were expected to fully arrive the INEC office from Wednesday morning and would be announced as soon as those of all the local governments came in.

http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/news/76-hot-topic/20953-acngov-fashola-in-the-lead-in-lagos-as-results-trickle-in
Re: Acn/gov Fashola In The Lead In Lagos, As Results Trickle In. by Rhino5dm: 11:18pm On Apr 26, 2011
Where are those foolish Igbos with there 85% votes?

stvpid eediot settlers. very soon we are going to give them Aboki man treatment.
Re: Acn/gov Fashola In The Lead In Lagos, As Results Trickle In. by EkoIle1: 11:23pm On Apr 26, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

stvpid eediot settlers. very soon we are going to give them Aboki man treatment.

There are 6 million registered voters in Lags state, 2 million of them are ibo and they all voted for Odechukwu last week while 4 million registered Real Lagosians and Yoruba folks gave GEJ the middle finger and boycotted the polls.

Obviously, the news is different today, this is ours and we're claiming.
Re: Acn/gov Fashola In The Lead In Lagos, As Results Trickle In. by Fogman(m): 11:32pm On Apr 26, 2011
It is expected!
Re: Acn/gov Fashola In The Lead In Lagos, As Results Trickle In. by EkoIle1: 12:00am On Apr 27, 2011
Fashola , Amosun in comfortable Lead in Governorship Polls

Posted By On April 26, 2011 @ 8:18 pm In Elections 2011,News,Politics | No Comments

Early results declared at polling booths in Lagos and Ogun states put the Action Congress Candidates in the two states, Raji Fashola and Ibikunle Amosun, in very comfortable lead.

In a polling booth at Alagunta in Eti-Osa, Fashola scored 466 votes to the 21 recorded for the Ade Dosunmu, candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party.

The Action Congress candidate for the House of Assembly in the council area also polled 461 votes, both results showing a very high turn out of voters in the council area.

In Abeokuta, capital of Ogun State, Senator Ibikunle Amosun is also coasting home comfortably with some results declared in the city. In the two polling booths in front of former head of state, Olusegun Obasanjo, Amosun won with very wide margin. In the first booth, he got 324 votes to PDP’s 61. The PPN candidate who is enjoying the backing of the incumbent governor, Gbenga Daniel scored 23 votes. The scoring is replicated in the same way in the second booth, where Amosun scored 179, while PDP scored 54 and PPN 10.

In Ijebu Ode, where voting dragged late into the evening, counting of votes have begun and early indications are that Amosun will have an easy ride to Government House, in Abeokuta.

By our reporters: Lanre Babalola,/ Abeokuta and Biodun Onafuye/Ijebu Ode

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2011/04/26/fashola-amosun-in-comfortable-lead-in-governorship-polls/
Re: Acn/gov Fashola In The Lead In Lagos, As Results Trickle In. by Justcash(m): 12:04am On Apr 27, 2011
Did Igbos say that they will not vote for Fashola? What is it with all of you finding it important to celebrate victory by insulting Igbos? Una dey craze?
Re: Acn/gov Fashola In The Lead In Lagos, As Results Trickle In. by wanitas(f): 12:11am On Apr 27, 2011
i'm confused here too, i thought igbos in lagos actually supported Fashola, can remember reading a press release to that effect abi was it film tricks?
Re: Acn/gov Fashola In The Lead In Lagos, As Results Trickle In. by EkoIle1: 12:24am On Apr 27, 2011
Get out of here with your fake Fashola support. Who are you fooling? Lagosians including ibo people in Lagos have no business voting voting for anything PDP including GEJ if they really give a s.hit about Lagos state. PDP set us back for 8 long years and if not because of the strong efforts of Tinubu and Fashola, we'll have nothing but a broke and filthy state. You have no sense of priority and loyalty.

What is GEJ doing for Lagos? He's going ahead with the same PDP hate and neglect Lagos policies like the fools and shortsighted clowns before him.

Our federal roads remains death traps and mud holes, the fool won't even guarantee loans to built the 4 mainland bridge.

Yeah, you love and want to vote for Fashola, but not the same party that gave you the same performing Fashola and other credible governors. I guess your warped rational is, Fashola is good, but you don't want people like him running the country, you prefer incompetent people, your pseudo GEJ ibo president and delusional dreams of 2015 presidency.

You people really need to get it together because you lots are very confused and directionless.
Re: Acn/gov Fashola In The Lead In Lagos, As Results Trickle In. by nwaafo1: 12:56am On Apr 27, 2011
eko ile, ibu a complete ediot
Re: Acn/gov Fashola In The Lead In Lagos, As Results Trickle In. by EkoIle1: 1:00am On Apr 27, 2011
nwa afo:

eko ile, ibu a complete ediot

You must have looked in the mirror,
Re: Acn/gov Fashola In The Lead In Lagos, As Results Trickle In. by Nobody: 1:04am On Apr 27, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

Eko Ile:

Get out of here with your fake Fashola support. Who are you fooling? Lagosians including ibo people in Lagos have no business voting voting for anything PDP including GEJ if they really give a s.hit about Lagos state. PDP set us back for 8 long years and if not because of the strong efforts of Tinubu and Fashola, we'll have nothing but a broke and filthy state. You have no sense of priority and loyalty.

What is GEJ doing for Lagos? He's going ahead with the same PDP hate and neglect Lagos policies like the fools and shortsighted clowns before him.

Our federal roads remains death traps and mud holes, the fool won't even guarantee loans to built the 4 mainland bridge.

Yeah, you love and want to vote for Fashola, but not the same party that gave you the same performing Fashola and other credible governors. I guess your warped rational is, Fashola is good, but you don't want people like him running the country, you prefer incompetent people, your pseudo GEJ ibo president and delusional dreams of 2015 presidency.

You people really need to get it together because you lots are very confused and directionless.

I think you both need serious medical attension
Re: Acn/gov Fashola In The Lead In Lagos, As Results Trickle In. by yarodin: 1:08am On Apr 27, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

Aboki treatment? Yoruba people do not have the balls.
Re: Acn/gov Fashola In The Lead In Lagos, As Results Trickle In. by EkoIle1: 1:14am On Apr 27, 2011
yarodin:

Aboki treatment?  Yoruba people do not have the balls.   

The same ofamanu that whooped your biafran a/s/s? keep talking the joke is on you. sissy cowards wey dey run comot from battle field. Awon second fiddlers buruku,

lmao
Re: Acn/gov Fashola In The Lead In Lagos, As Results Trickle In. by nwaafo1: 1:15am On Apr 27, 2011
Eko Ile:

You must have looked in the mirror,
dnt u get it, dat ibu ezigbo ediot. i didnt say anything abt mirror. aturu
Re: Acn/gov Fashola In The Lead In Lagos, As Results Trickle In. by EkoIle1: 1:17am On Apr 27, 2011
nwa afo:

dnt u get it, dat ibu ezigbo ediot. i didnt say anything abt mirror. aturu

Didn't you get it, I said You must have looked in the mirror,

Slow a/s/s ibo clown,
Re: Acn/gov Fashola In The Lead In Lagos, As Results Trickle In. by sbeezy8: 1:21am On Apr 27, 2011
Yoruba people really spoke loud the number that gej got in lagos is no where near what FASHOLA got in this election lol I guess we can say if fashola was running against gej chime or lamido he would win LAgos hands down! Fashola/acn is getting three and even FOUR  times the votes Gej had in lagos. just comparing GEJs presidential election to FAshola lol. Even the sen and reps election got more votes than the presidential lol
Re: Acn/gov Fashola In The Lead In Lagos, As Results Trickle In. by nwaafo1: 1:23am On Apr 27, 2011
^^i can now see u're dumber than i thought. lemme just leave u b4 ur ediotic nature affects me
Re: Acn/gov Fashola In The Lead In Lagos, As Results Trickle In. by EkoIle1: 1:26am On Apr 27, 2011
nwa afo:

^^i can now see u're dumber than i thought. l[b]emme just leave u b4 your ediotic nature affects me[/b]

Brilliant decision because I was wandering when you're going to get your stinky akpu a/s/s out of here, f/ucki.ng re.tard,
Re: Acn/gov Fashola In The Lead In Lagos, As Results Trickle In. by sbeezy8: 1:29am On Apr 27, 2011
All this we are 50 percent or w/e is bull shiot lol fashola and acn don rule lagos n. Sw lmfao GEJ is sooooo weak pdp in lagos damnn near dead all other parties are wack
Re: Acn/gov Fashola In The Lead In Lagos, As Results Trickle In. by yarodin: 1:29am On Apr 27, 2011
Eko Ile:

The same ofamanu that whooped your biafran a/s/s? keep talking the joke is on you. sissy cowards wey dey run comot from battle field. Awon second fiddlers buruku,

lmao

Yes you won the Biafran war but honestly looking at how things are happening in Nigeria I can hardly tell who won and who lost.  The bottom line is that Igbos will still be making EGO in Lagos so if you and your Yoruba internet warriors don't like it then do something about it.
Re: Acn/gov Fashola In The Lead In Lagos, As Results Trickle In. by wired123: 1:31am On Apr 27, 2011
What a DAFT thread!!!

yarodin:

Aboki treatment? Yoruba people do not have the balls.
ROMFLMAO!!!
Okay to be serious, you do not believe that, do you?? If they can do it to hausas, why not Igbos??
Although, all this internet fighting is stu.pid to be honest!!!
Re: Acn/gov Fashola In The Lead In Lagos, As Results Trickle In. by wired123: 1:32am On Apr 27, 2011
Igbos and Yorubas are cool!!! cool
Re: Acn/gov Fashola In The Lead In Lagos, As Results Trickle In. by yarodin: 1:35am On Apr 27, 2011
wired123:

What a DAFT thread!!!
ROMFLMAO!!!
Okay to be serious, you do not believe that, do you?? If they can do it to hausas, why not Igbos??Although, all this internet fighting is stu.pid to be honest!!!

Talk is cheap, if they feel it is time to deal with the Igbos then do something about it.
Re: Acn/gov Fashola In The Lead In Lagos, As Results Trickle In. by wired123: 1:37am On Apr 27, 2011
yarodin:

Talk is cheap, if they feel it is time to deal with the Igbos then do something about it.  
grin grin grin
I am not a lagosian oo but no one is dealing with anyone. Everyone is cool!!!
Re: Acn/gov Fashola In The Lead In Lagos, As Results Trickle In. by yarodin: 1:40am On Apr 27, 2011
wired123:

grin grin grin
I am not a lagosian oo but no one is dealing with anyone. Everyone is cool!!!

Well wired123 you sound like one of those Yoruba peeps wey dey enjoy Lagos well well (Lagos Big Boy), but some of your peeps here na suffer head dem bi.
Re: Acn/gov Fashola In The Lead In Lagos, As Results Trickle In. by wired123: 1:46am On Apr 27, 2011
yarodin:

Well wired123 you sound like one of those Yoruba peeps wey dey enjoy Lagos well well (Lagos Big Boy), but some of your peeps here na suffer head dem bi.
Na, its Jason. Just spent 6 yrs in Lagos. Everyone just dey shakara for here . . grin grin grin
Re: Acn/gov Fashola In The Lead In Lagos, As Results Trickle In. by charlesxpe: 1:51am On Apr 27, 2011
Eko Ile and Co. these words are so disheartening. What you should be doing is to be thanking God for Fashola's victory and not abusing a certain tribe for what doesnt make sense at all. Have you being to the north to see what happened/and is happening there? Pls educate yourself and see that such doesnt repeat itself in your geo-political region. Things like this are so sensitive and I bet if you were a northerner, you would have bn among the cowards that unleashed terror on innocent corpers. undecided
Re: Acn/gov Fashola In The Lead In Lagos, As Results Trickle In. by EkoIle1: 1:56am On Apr 27, 2011
yarodin:

Yes you won the Biafran war but honestly looking at how things are happening in Nigeria I can hardly tell who won and who lost.  The bottom line is that Igbos will still be making EGO in Lagos so if you and your Yoruba internet warriors don't like it then do something about it.  

You have every right to be delusional, it's the ebo way right? Just like ibo man is going to be the president of Nigeria come 2015.

Send me a post card from your delusional wilderness Ok? Irrelevant losers.
Re: Acn/gov Fashola In The Lead In Lagos, As Results Trickle In. by EkoIle1: 2:04am On Apr 27, 2011
yarodin:

Why kick weak irrelevant and incompetent people while they are down? We are not into cruel and unusual punishment. Y'all at the bottom of things is enough punishment don't you think?
Re: Acn/gov Fashola In The Lead In Lagos, As Results Trickle In. by EzeUche3(m): 2:05am On Apr 27, 2011
Justcash:

Did Igbos say that they will not vote for Fashola? What is it with all of you finding it important to celebrate victory by insulting Igbos? Una dey craze?

As people can clearly see. Over the past few weeks, Yorubas are the only ones who have been doing the bashing. It is easy to see through the section. Igbos have not even cared about most of this nonsense.

That is why my new policy is to ignore them or shame them.
Re: Acn/gov Fashola In The Lead In Lagos, As Results Trickle In. by Justcash(m): 2:07am On Apr 27, 2011
Eko Ile:

You have every right to be delusional, it's the ebo way right? Just like ibo man is going to be the president of Nigeria come 2015.

Send me a post card from your delusional wilderness Ok? Irrelevant losers.

Even from the internet, I can clearly perceive that you live a sad and frustrated life. I wonder how many white hairs are on your head now? Whose head won't be covered with white hairs when you keep getting worried about Igbos for nothing. Just go and look for a High blood pressure pill, because you may just slump dead one day while maliciously mumbling "Igbo" and watching us (Igbos) grow beyond bounds.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Supreme Court Upholds Aregbesola’s Victory / Army Harassing Journalists And The Public Over Missing General - NUJ / Army Denies Re-Arresting Deji Adeyanju

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.