Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,095 members, 7,818,283 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:53 AM

Where Are The Unilorin Students? Come Share Your Experience In School - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Where Are The Unilorin Students? Come Share Your Experience In School (838 Views)

Lizard Scare In Unilorin : Students And Lecturers Run For Their Lives / LAUTECH Vs UNILORIN: Students Battle On Twitter / Unilorin Students Disrupt Lecturer's Class To Celebrate Nigeria's Victory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Are The Unilorin Students? Come Share Your Experience In School by LordJoffrey(m): 5:46pm On May 11, 2021
I've been a fan of Unilorin for a very long time. So, I decided to try my luck and I sought admission into the better by far university. Fortunately for me I was admitted.
So, I'm kind of in the need for some advice and experience sharing. What makes the school special? What makes it fun? Are the school hostels good?

Come on, share your experiences.
Re: Where Are The Unilorin Students? Come Share Your Experience In School by illicit(m): 6:40pm On May 11, 2021
My Alma mater

Better by far
Re: Where Are The Unilorin Students? Come Share Your Experience In School by LordJoffrey(m): 6:50pm On May 11, 2021
I heard they're very strict when it comes to dressing, is it true?
Re: Where Are The Unilorin Students? Come Share Your Experience In School by hakeemhakeem(m): 7:41pm On May 11, 2021
Let start from here What department
Re: Where Are The Unilorin Students? Come Share Your Experience In School by LordJoffrey(m): 8:07pm On May 11, 2021
hakeemhakeem:
Let start from here What department

Common law
Re: Where Are The Unilorin Students? Come Share Your Experience In School by hakeemhakeem(m): 9:10pm On May 11, 2021
LordJoffrey:

Common law
I have never heard of bad attitudes of their lectures over there but unilorin generally could make you write 3 exams a day. they might have change I left economic 14 years ago
Re: Where Are The Unilorin Students? Come Share Your Experience In School by haybhi1(m): 3:08am On May 17, 2021
First off, I'll congratulate you on your admission to the Universitat de Ilorin, as fondly styled.

Experience is vast here so much that generalizing it can devour quite a lot of paragraphs. Meanwhile, individual and live-in experience, they say, is the best.

However, in general, you'd have a nice stay here. First off, if you plan to cross to the next level and, possibly, graduate strong, you have to study hard and excel academically.

Here, there's little distraction compared to schools situation in Lagos, with exclusively conspicuous social life. But this is not to say there's none, it's actually significant but not in excess, it just depends on you.

Several extracurricular activities and Recreational action exist fairly well - About 8 - 10 different sports you could actively partake in, with gym and sporting centres. Pepsi village holds free table tennis..., you may join the UCJ, zoo, dam, ... Enough fun but never get distracted.

You'd not be asked to buy handouts by anyone. You'd likely do many exams as CBT in 100L. Also, never be caught cheating.

Get immediate but class-toppers seniors to put you through the process of acing your exams and classes, as soon as you resume. Please, bank on this, don't be too shy to meet them and learn. Prioritize the class notes and past questions too over excessively large overwhelm-prone textbooks you'd be advised to get.

You may even find more Christians in your dprtmt than Muslims - like in 200L and 300L, mine. More people from Kogi, Benue, Plateau than you would have thought. Some African foreign students.

Most of your friends will use the free WiFi advantage to download movies and likes, try to use it to pick up new things like programming.

Your dprtmt commands some kind of respect here, though along the line, you might get bored of the constant black-et-white uniform.

In the university clinic, I think it's safe to say you're in safe hands in cases of maladies, although it may take slightly long to attend to you depending on the severity of your illness manifestation, but you will be given reliable treatment.

Don't sleep when you go to night class or you may be taught a lesson, by having your phone replaced with your slipper in your palms. Also, buy power bank when coming, it might take a while but its use may be necessitated when it rains bearing storm.

There are some bright minds and they're some daft ones, I'll leave you to experience it, choose your choice, and carve your path. Some are slightly conservative, some are very open. But, generally, Unilorin students are well grounded in humility.

It's Unilorin, enough is usually presenting a vacuum - never really enough. But with conscious effort, much reward is guaranteed, including better.

Regarding the dressing, it's a flat out misinformation that you must dress in a particular way, in fact, along with loop-sided admission accusation, it's just another of the stereotypes the usually Nigerian student populace who were not admitted here churn out. Although, you want to make sure nothing gives you out, no hair-tinting, curls, or dread-locks. No cult-suspicous dressing - my fourth year here, no single reference or information about cultism.

Transportation in only your first year will be extremely stressful unless you stay within school campus, hostel. If you won't, avoid off-campus environs like Oke-odo, that place hosts a lot distractions, from lewd guys that have been rusticated for inability to meet crossing gps, students that have taken to 'yahoo yahoo', to different lousy places.

3 Likes

Re: Where Are The Unilorin Students? Come Share Your Experience In School by LordJoffrey(m): 8:21am On May 25, 2021
haybhi1:
First off, I'll congratulate you on your admission to the Universitat de Ilorin, as fondly styled.

Experience is vast here so much that generalizing it can devour quite a lot of paragraphs. Meanwhile, individual and live-in experience, they say, is the best.

However, in general, you'd have a nice stay here. First off, if you plan to cross to the next level and, possibly, graduate strong, you have to study hard and excel academically.

Here, there's little distraction compared to schools situation in Lagos, with exclusively conspicuous social life. But this is not to say there's none, it's actually significant but not in excess, it just depends on you.

Several extracurricular activities and Recreational action exist fairly well - About 8 - 10 different sports you could actively partake in, with gym and sporting centres. Pepsi village holds free table tennis..., you may join the UCJ, zoo, dam, ... Enough fun but never get distracted.

You'd not be asked to buy handouts by anyone. You'd likely do many exams as CBT in 100L. Also, never be caught cheating.

Get immediate but class-toppers seniors to put you through the process of acing your exams and classes, as soon as you resume. Please, bank on this, don't be too shy to meet them and learn. Prioritize the class notes and past questions too over excessively large overwhelm-prone textbooks you'd be advised to get.

You may even find more Christians in your dprtmt than Muslims - like in 200L and 300L, mine. More people from Kogi, Benue, Plateau than you would have thought. Some African foreign students.

Most of your friends will use the free WiFi advantage to download movies and likes, try to use it to pick up new things like programming.

Your dprtmt commands some kind of respect here, though along the line, you might get bored of the constant black-et-white uniform.

In the university clinic, I think it's safe to say you're in safe hands in cases of maladies, although it may take slightly long to attend to you depending on the severity of your illness manifestation, but you will be given reliable treatment.

Don't sleep when you go to night class or you may be taught a lesson, by having your phone replaced with your slipper in your palms. Also, buy power bank when coming, it might take a while but its use may be necessitated when it rains bearing storm.

There are some bright minds and they're some daft ones, I'll leave you to experience it, choose your choice, and carve your path. Some are slightly conservative, some are very open. But, generally, Unilorin students are well grounded in humility.

It's Unilorin, enough is usually presenting a vacuum - never really enough. But with conscious effort, much reward is guaranteed, including better.

Regarding the dressing, it's a flat out misinformation that you must dress in a particular way, in fact, along with loop-sided admission accusation, it's just another of the stereotypes the usually Nigerian student populace who were not admitted here churn out. Although, you want to make sure nothing gives you out, no hair-tinting, curls, or dread-locks. No cult-suspicous dressing - my fourth year here, no single reference or information about cultism.

Transportation in only your first year will be extremely stressful unless you stay within school campus, hostel. If you won't, avoid off-campus environs like Oke-odo, that place hosts a lot distractions, from lewd guys that have been rusticated for inability to meet crossing gps, students that have taken to 'yahoo yahoo', to different lousy places.
Thanks man

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

20 Ways To Say Goodbye In English / ASUU Strike: No Sir, We're Not Resuming - IMSU Lecturers Tell Management / How Old ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.