Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,488 members, 7,836,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:25 PM

Help! I Can’t Breathe - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help! I Can’t Breathe (268 Views)

Lai Mohammed: COVID-19 Corpses’ Can’t Be Claimed For Burial / “i’m Dying, I Can’t Breathe”, Lady Cries Out On Facebook After Testing Positive / “I'm Dying, I Can’t Breathe” – Lady Cries Out On Facebook After Testing Positive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Help! I Can’t Breathe by Mmmind: 7:10am On May 12, 2021
Before last year, I had no difficulty in breathing and there’s no history of Asthma in my family. Around May 2020, I lost my sense of smell and taste, which lasted for about 2 months. During this time, my girlfriend was with and she didn’t experience such. It was late mid July, shortly after regaining my sense of smell and taste, that I felt dizzy that day, I felt my chest is tight, my heart was beating fast, and I was unstable. I was rushed to the hospital, the best I knew is that I was given drip (saline water), I fell asleep and when I woke up about 5 hrs later, I felt much better, like nothing happened to me. About 2 weeks later, I felt dizzy again and my breathing was halfway, I couldn’t breathe up or down, which I struggled so night to stay alive that night, because it was late and I couldn’t make it to the hospital. Fortunately, I didn’t know when I fell asleep and when I got up the next day, I was feeling much better again. Ever since then, I didn’t experience that no more, until December 28th of 2020, when it started again and since then, has been happening to me; right now it has become part of me that I can breathe in, but I can’t push the air out of my lung. I have been to different hospitals, initially they suggested asthma medication, I got the two types of inhaler; one called Ventolin and the other one is disc shaped. When I first got them, they used to work to little extent but don’t even work for me now at all. I have gone for ECG twice and Chest X-ray twice, both at different hospitals; all show that my heart and chest are normal. I was suggested to go for COVID-19 test, I already did last Monday and waiting for my result. I attached the result of my last ECG and X-ray to this post.

Do you think if I actually had Covid-19 last year, it could still be detected by the COVID test I went for this week, and could the COVID be the reason I have been experiencing difficulty in breathing over a year now.

Note: when I was taken to different hospitals, all they did is to check my SP/O2, ECG, X-ray, BP, temperature and then later just give me drips and when I wake up, I would only feel a little better. Help embarassed

Re: Help! I Can’t Breathe by IjapaTiroko: 8:03am On May 12, 2021
Last year, I experienced all the COVID-19 symptoms, but I'm an indoor person so i knew I didn't have COVID.

You probably don't have COVID too.

Just treat your illnesses independently (one after another)

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Seizure / I Survived A Snakebite? / Pile Cured {herbal}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.