Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,055 members, 7,818,163 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

FGC Nise: Students Use Maggot-Infested Toilets - Parents Petition Minister - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FGC Nise: Students Use Maggot-Infested Toilets - Parents Petition Minister (29429 Views)

Alleged Fraud: FGC Ijanikin Suspends Students Over Parents’ Petition To EFCC / FGC Ijanikin, Lagos Students Lodge Colleagues In Hotels For Sex Romps / Delta Poly Students Use Convoy Of Expensive Cars For Their Graduation Party (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FGC Nise: Students Use Maggot-Infested Toilets - Parents Petition Minister by Nmezor(f): 1:47pm On May 12, 2021
Really bad, I hope they come to their aid
Re: FGC Nise: Students Use Maggot-Infested Toilets - Parents Petition Minister by Lordbinsmar: 1:48pm On May 12, 2021
asobo1:
If were opportuned to attend to Unity school, you won't write the above. It's quite shameful for people like us who attended unity schools to see news such as this coming. The corruption in this country is just something else

What's special about the unity schools apart from suffering.
Re: FGC Nise: Students Use Maggot-Infested Toilets - Parents Petition Minister by mekussa(m): 1:52pm On May 12, 2021
My FGC Nise has gone down the toilet.
Back in the days of Mr Ekweogwu, it wasn't perfect but..... Levels dey.

Worst thing is.... The way the school principal dey fight PTA and Alumni association eh,......

Sha.... The war never end

2 Likes

Re: FGC Nise: Students Use Maggot-Infested Toilets - Parents Petition Minister by asobo1: 1:52pm On May 12, 2021
matm:
Why not withdraw ur child from the school? Why would anyone enrol his/her child in a school that is overpopulated? What do they learn there that ur child can't learn in a state school with sizeable population?
Listen,Government schools are not like private schools.There are procedures,bureaucracies and protocols.Dont expect quick intervention because there are so many others schools being managed by govt. with many requests waiting for approval which must pass through several desks.
Any school where teacher pupils ratio is high on d part of the pupils is nothing but a den of exam malpractice.Students get stuck together while writing with no space.Ur kid copies to pass and graduate with a good result but an empty brain.And teachers can't control or give d students individual attention b/c they are too many.
Discipline is also difficult.As a teacher,how many out of 100 students in ur class can u punish in a day without breaking down.
2000 for a federal government college you call that populated. When I was in school, we had SSS 1A -SSS 1J. Do the maths yourself with a class average of 35 students. That's just for SS1. Only those who attended a unity school can have a picture of what the parents are depicting.

1 Like

Re: FGC Nise: Students Use Maggot-Infested Toilets - Parents Petition Minister by asobo1: 1:53pm On May 12, 2021
Lordbinsmar:

Calm down. The Deeper Life school that was in the news of recent isn't a unity school. If you have anything against unity, you are on your own.
Re: FGC Nise: Students Use Maggot-Infested Toilets - Parents Petition Minister by Stonerobaba(m): 1:55pm On May 12, 2021
shegra58:
Oyo?

Yeah
Re: FGC Nise: Students Use Maggot-Infested Toilets - Parents Petition Minister by grandstar(m): 1:56pm On May 12, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
Students no fit maintain their toilets, how will they maintain Nigeria.

The mindset of students and graduates in this country is strange.

If it's maggot infested, that generally indicates a lack of running water.
Re: FGC Nise: Students Use Maggot-Infested Toilets - Parents Petition Minister by Ugmama(m): 1:56pm On May 12, 2021
Imagine...

It's over decades I graduated from FGC NISE and it's about a decade I never been to Anambra.

Nigeria is really getting worse. We need to help ourselves o
Re: FGC Nise: Students Use Maggot-Infested Toilets - Parents Petition Minister by Cmanforall: 1:57pm On May 12, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

If those facilities are utilised as it should be, maggots won't be present. Or is it the minister that caused it?
Re: FGC Nise: Students Use Maggot-Infested Toilets - Parents Petition Minister by Franking: 2:10pm On May 12, 2021
drealcivilceno:
Bush no dey?

Are u not ashamed of open defecation?
Re: FGC Nise: Students Use Maggot-Infested Toilets - Parents Petition Minister by YesWeCan11: 2:18pm On May 12, 2021
mekussa:

Worst thing is.... The way the school principal dey fight PTA and Alumni association eh,......

The principal only fights PTA maybe. And this spurred out from a long fight between the principal and the writer's sister. Alumni and principal ain't fighting yet. Is there a structured alumni if I may ask?

1 Like

Re: FGC Nise: Students Use Maggot-Infested Toilets - Parents Petition Minister by lexy2014: 2:29pm On May 12, 2021
bluefilm:
Corruption everywhere.

Let the rot continue until everyone finally agrees that enough is enough.

Only Then will the much needed change come.

God bless u
Re: FGC Nise: Students Use Maggot-Infested Toilets - Parents Petition Minister by RMoneyInTheBank: 2:35pm On May 12, 2021
Stonerobaba:
Gone are the days when boarding house used to be the best atmosphere to learn. I remember my days in Olivet cry
is obvious you didn't attend your boarding school in Nigeria.. Or maybe one private boarding school
Re: FGC Nise: Students Use Maggot-Infested Toilets - Parents Petition Minister by drealcivilceno(m): 2:41pm On May 12, 2021
Franking:

Are u not ashamed of open defecation?

Na to hide an. When I was in sec school, I only use their toilet once throughout my stay. At least breeze will blow your bum. E dey sweet die.
Re: FGC Nise: Students Use Maggot-Infested Toilets - Parents Petition Minister by shiwex: 3:03pm On May 12, 2021
Most of these unity schools are like this. I went to FGC Odogbolu and its just another shithole. The government need to spend money. I dont know why we Nigerians like to live like pigs... What does it take to build modern facilities.....

1 Like

Re: FGC Nise: Students Use Maggot-Infested Toilets - Parents Petition Minister by mechanics(m): 3:18pm On May 12, 2021
The minister has to attend to this issues urgently.
Re: FGC Nise: Students Use Maggot-Infested Toilets - Parents Petition Minister by FunkyJustice(m): 3:18pm On May 12, 2021
Is it compulsory to have your children school there?

Take them out of there as soon as you can..naija no be yanky
Re: FGC Nise: Students Use Maggot-Infested Toilets - Parents Petition Minister by BarrElChapo(m): 4:09pm On May 12, 2021
Kai my alma mater angry
Re: FGC Nise: Students Use Maggot-Infested Toilets - Parents Petition Minister by BarrElChapo(m): 4:19pm On May 12, 2021
mekussa:

Howdy, lolz, i guessing you're my senior by some years.
I met the last days of Mr Ekweogu though, it wasn't this bad but he favoured the girls more than us which is understandable, I remember he tried to make sure there wasn't scarcity of water at the girls hostel at our expense.
Mrs Mbanugo took us to the promised land.

3 Likes

Re: FGC Nise: Students Use Maggot-Infested Toilets - Parents Petition Minister by BarrElChapo(m): 4:25pm On May 12, 2021
Lordbinsmar:

I won't choose any other secondary school experience than the one I got in a Unity school.

2 Likes

Re: FGC Nise: Students Use Maggot-Infested Toilets - Parents Petition Minister by peacettw: 4:44pm On May 12, 2021
BarrElChapo:

I won't choose any other secondary school experience than the one I got in a Unity school.

Same

2 Likes

Re: FGC Nise: Students Use Maggot-Infested Toilets - Parents Petition Minister by moorevic(m): 4:44pm On May 12, 2021
Can't the students learn to clean up the toilets and make a roaster for it?
Re: FGC Nise: Students Use Maggot-Infested Toilets - Parents Petition Minister by Kaylet: 5:04pm On May 12, 2021
Pro Imitate for life.

When it comes to education, Federal public schools are one of the best in the land most especially in academic.

The degeneration of the infrastructure didn't start, it started way back in the 1990s.

I remember when we're about to resume second year session, I cried to my father that I wanted to change school, he declined not knowing what I had gone through and what was ahead of me:

JS students dealt with anything related to toilet.

My cubicle room, meant for perfects was leaking, indirectly other rooms where leaking too, windows were all in a bad state except for the hostel built by the PTA, progress house that was a bit fair then.

Same complaints were available in the female hostels.

Academics was the sole of the school, I never regretted I attended the school.

The Principal really passed her boundaries.

Renovation of the school was nothing for the Parents to handle I must say.

1 Like

Re: FGC Nise: Students Use Maggot-Infested Toilets - Parents Petition Minister by ameh99: 5:15pm On May 12, 2021
...and they kind of huge allocations they give to principal of these schools eh'

Greed and wickedness starts from low levels
Re: FGC Nise: Students Use Maggot-Infested Toilets - Parents Petition Minister by mekussa(m): 5:45pm On May 12, 2021
YesWeCan11:

The principal only fights PTA maybe. And this spurred out from a long fight between the principal and the writer's sister. Alumni and principal ain't fighting yet. Is there a structured alumni if I may ask?

Not yet national but...... States chapters exist. Lagos is the strongest as far as I know. As for the fighting thing, in 2017(I don't know if its the same principal sha but I have heard same stories about this one), there was an attempt by some of us to make some donations to the school and in the course of the planning, questions were asked about the state of facilities and the possibility of setting up an alumni office or desk in the school. The kyn quarrel and chancing wey follow eh, I just quietly remove my money and mouth go siddon.

The way it is for PTA and ALUMNI is.... Bring your money or donations and don't ask questions.
Re: FGC Nise: Students Use Maggot-Infested Toilets - Parents Petition Minister by mekussa(m): 5:50pm On May 12, 2021
BarrElChapo:

Howdy, lolz, i guessing you're my senior by some years.
I met the last days of Mr Ekweogu though, it wasn't this bad but he favoured the girls more than us which is understandable, I remember he tried to make sure there wasn't scarcity of water at the girls hostel at our expense.
Mrs Mbanugo took us to the promised land.

Una even see water for una time. We came in 1995 and as at then we had water from rain or 1 tanker that supplied water to the whole school. If it rained, no tanker for till the road dried. The borehole was dug when we were in JSS3.....in 1997

2 Likes

Re: FGC Nise: Students Use Maggot-Infested Toilets - Parents Petition Minister by Stonerobaba(m): 6:09pm On May 12, 2021
RMoneyInTheBank:
is obvious you didn't attend your boarding school in Nigeria.. Or maybe one private boarding school

its a public school back then in the 90s. Olivet Baptist High School Oyo. Do your findings
Re: FGC Nise: Students Use Maggot-Infested Toilets - Parents Petition Minister by Lilimax(f): 6:27pm On May 12, 2021
Mrs Ekwumankama the principal of FGC NISE should be tried and if found culpable should be dealt with seriously.

2 Likes

Re: FGC Nise: Students Use Maggot-Infested Toilets - Parents Petition Minister by BarrElChapo(m): 10:53pm On May 12, 2021
mekussa:

Una even see water for una time. We came in 1995 and as at then we had water from rain or 1 tanker that supplied water to the whole school. If it rained, no tanker for till the road dried. The borehole was dug when we were in JSS3.....in 1997

Jesus ! grin. You were the part of the first set, niceee. Hope you & your family are doing great.
Re: FGC Nise: Students Use Maggot-Infested Toilets - Parents Petition Minister by brandsoncharlie: 1:10am On May 13, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

You don't have any reasonable input. You don't know facilities have a design life span especially when it is stretched.
Re: FGC Nise: Students Use Maggot-Infested Toilets - Parents Petition Minister by Drizzy5001(m): 6:32am On May 13, 2021
The kind of infection wey those students go carry eeeh, chai.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dress Code: UNILORIN Bans Hair Attachment, Sagging, Tight Trousers, Skimpy Dress / List Of Art Courses You Can Study Without Literature In English / WAEC 2018 Results: Check And Tell Us About Yours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.