Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,680 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:42 PM

5 Fallacies Religious People Can’t Seem To Avoid In A Debate. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 5 Fallacies Religious People Can’t Seem To Avoid In A Debate. (1726 Views)

Man Slams Religious People Who Criticize Women Who Do Plastic Surgery / Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours / Joyce Meyer Defends Tattoos, Says She Might Get One To Make Religious People Mad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Fallacies Religious People Can’t Seem To Avoid In A Debate. by truespeak: 1:52pm On May 13, 2021
keppler:

He is used to that. The moment you refute whatever he copies and has no way to respond (after all, what he posted initially was not his argument), then he picks up another which he learned, hence making a red herring. So much for someone who is posting fallacies grin

grin You know him well!
Re: 5 Fallacies Religious People Can’t Seem To Avoid In A Debate. by keppler: 2:07pm On May 13, 2021
FatherOfJesus:
[s][/s]junk logic with fallacy faulty equivalence. Now you have willingly come up to showcase the gross decline in science education in our country. Probably that’s how you guys reason in church.

Your mathematics is grossly flawed as it doesn’t represent the case with dark energy and matter. The best illustration you would have given is when you have a mathematical expression x + 12= 20, we know the value the total energy in the universe is 20 in Thisbe case and the value for baryonic matter is 12, x is the value of dark matter and energy. We already know it’s there.

It’s not even rocket science, if you estimate total mass of the observable universe, we can expect an in-ward contraction due gravity but We see the universe expanding at a constant acceleration instead of contracting, it means that there is a force responsible for that acceleration which is greater than total force of attraction between galaxies. Dark matter has been felt in the expansion rate of the universe, using the expansion rate you can determine its mass and properties.
It’s not the nonsense evangelical and fallacious Mathematics you presented up there. grin
Someone that sees the way you are using [sup] will think you know what you are doing.
I just can't laugh grin grin

You keep on making wrong claims, I show you how it's wrong and in your rebuttal, you show how you are wrong, agreeing with my claims. Just that you add ad hominem to make you feel better.
What is different from what I wrote? LWKD grin grin grin
Re: 5 Fallacies Religious People Can’t Seem To Avoid In A Debate. by FatherOfJesus: 2:10pm On May 13, 2021
keppler:

You keep on making wrong claims, I show you how it's wrong and in your rebuttal, you show how you are wrong, agreeing with my claims. Just that you add ad hominem to make you feel better.
You showed how ill-educated you are.
Do you have to be [sup] for some simple maths? Someone that sees the sup will think you know what you are talking about. Lol grin

Even as you were correct in your maths, you were deficient in reasoning owing to the fact that dark matter hasn’t only been proven mathematically but it’s effect observed in reality.
Nothing to say about your god.

No maths and nothing to show in reality. All evidence is in the comic book of the Bible grin
Re: 5 Fallacies Religious People Can’t Seem To Avoid In A Debate. by FatherOfJesus: 2:15pm On May 13, 2021
keppler:

Now show us the mathematical proof and the observable effect that warranted the equivalence with dark matter/energy?
Re: 5 Fallacies Religious People Can’t Seem To Avoid In A Debate. by keppler: 2:26pm On May 13, 2021
FatherOfJesus:
You showed how ill-educated you are.
Do you have to be [sup] for some simple maths? Someone that sees the sup will think you know what you are talking about. Lol grin

Even as you were correct in your maths, you were deficient in reasoning owing to the fact that dark matter hasn’t only been proven mathematically but it’s effect observed in reality.
Nothing to say about your god.

No maths and nothing to show in reality. All evidence is in the comic book of the Bible grin
You know what? You should have known me by now that I don't deflect topic. I don't fall for red herrings and wouldn't care about ad hominem since I know that those fallacies don't make arguments valid.
I have driven my point that dark matter CANNOT BE TESTED as against your initial claim and only reinforce it that it was used to explain what was being observed, which was why I used the simple Math analogy.

My case is closed
Re: 5 Fallacies Religious People Can’t Seem To Avoid In A Debate. by FatherOfJesus: 2:34pm On May 13, 2021
keppler:

You know what? You should have known me by now that I don't deflect topic. I don't fall for red herrings and wouldn't care about ad hominem since I know that those fallacies don't make arguments valid.
I have driven my point that dark matter CANNOT BE TESTED as against your initial claim and only reinforce it that it was used to explain what was being observed, which was why I used the simple Math analogy.

My case is closed
Tu Quoque fallacy

Since dark matter cannot be seen and scientists have not detected it directly, My God exist. grin

Just show us a mathematical validation for your god abeg
Re: 5 Fallacies Religious People Can’t Seem To Avoid In A Debate. by Truthisobjectiv: 10:53am On May 15, 2021
FatherOfJesus:
You don’t have to see God to accept him.

You just have to test him with a method that will give repeated results. For example we can’t see dark energy yet but we can test it, we can measure it and we know it’s there.

Now what method do you propose we used in testing god and that will give repeated results anytime?
Which god are we testing? We have more than 4,000 of them.

I'm taking about the creator of the universe. There is only one God and there are concepts or beliefs of God not a lot of creators of the universe
Re: 5 Fallacies Religious People Can’t Seem To Avoid In A Debate. by FatherOfJesus: 11:02am On May 15, 2021
Truthisobjectiv:

I'm taking about the creator of the universe. There is only one God and there are concepts or beliefs of God not a lot of creators of the universe
You can’t say there is only one god when other gods have different creation myths than Christianity.
For example in Hinduism, it’s believed that this universe we live is not the first and won’t be the last and that Brahma made these infinitesimal universe out of himself and that this universe will ultimately be destroyed by Shiva.

Even in the Norse creation myth, he have entirely different creation story.

So you cannot limit creation and God to just two options. It’s a fallacy of false dilemma.

What guarantee is it that your own Christian story is the truth and shouldn’t be treated as any other religious creation myth?

This creates a problem, it will invalidate the Bible’s narratives many times. Even if we have a creator, why should it be that of the Bible or not the Hindu?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"I Am On Putin's Hit List" -ukraine- Based Pastor, Sunday Adelaje Cries Out / Archeologist Discovers Balls Of Sulphur, Burned Bodies In Sodom & Gomorrah / I Want To Marry My Mother--

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.