Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,600 members, 7,812,961 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:55 PM

How Much Do You Give As Offerings To God? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Much Do You Give As Offerings To God? (6315 Views)

Cash Crunch: Tithes, Offerings Drop In Churches / "Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye / Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Do You Give As Offerings To God? by danniyi(m): 8:13pm On Aug 22, 2007
giving good offering is important as a committed and a faithful believer. whatsoever, your offering is just a seed, that is certain u will reap. So give to God generously.
Re: How Much Do You Give As Offerings To God? by Boondoggle(m): 8:31pm On Aug 22, 2007
A preacher once talked about the story of an old pagan woman he met on her way to the stream to give offering to her idol. This woman, he said, had two children. One was extremely sick and always looked like she would drop dead the next moment and the other was quite healthy. Man-of-God  tried to talk the woman out of performing human sacrifice but she would not listen to him. So MOG thought, "well she would probably give the sickly child", but how wrong he was when he saw the woman returned with the sickly child. Out of curiousity, he approcahed the woman and asked why she gave the healthy child to her idol instead of the sickly one and she looked at him with a slight frown and said " I will NOT give a SICKLY offering to my god!!!" shocked shocked shocked

If a pagan knows what is beffiting, how much more the children of the living God.

As per the 5bucks issue, you may want to read Mark 12:41-44 to understand how God sees our offerings.

Shalom cool
Re: How Much Do You Give As Offerings To God? by software(m): 9:46pm On Aug 22, 2007
hmmmmmmmmn
Re: How Much Do You Give As Offerings To God? by mazaje(m): 10:57pm On Aug 22, 2007
A preacher once talked about the story of an old pagan woman he met on her way to the stream to give offering to her idol. This woman, he said, had two children. One was extremely sick and always looked like she would drop dead the next moment and the other was quite healthy. Man-of-God  tried to talk the woman out of performing human sacrifice but she would not listen to him. So MOG thought, "well she would probably give the sickly child", but how wrong he was when he saw the woman returned with the sickly child. Out of curiousity, he approcahed the woman and asked why she gave the healthy child to her idol instead of the sickly one and she looked at him with a slight frown and said " I will NOT give a SICKLY offering to my god!!!"   

If a pagan knows what is beffiting, how much more the children of the living God.

As per the 5bucks issue, you may want to read Mark 12:41-44 to understand how God sees our offerings.

Shalom

LIES what about those that don't give to  good and are more blessed than all of us? what have you got to say about them? besides what will god do with money? you are not giving to good but to people (the pastors and their cronies) you can never give money to good because god does not need money the pastors need money so they will tell you to give to god while in essence you are giving money to them. god does not and can never need your money pastors need your money so get that into your thick skulls.

i will say it again and again i live in a godless country most of the people don't believe in god but they are the happiest,most comfortable ,healthy and blessed people i have ever seen. they never give money to god but they have all that they need nigerians spend all their money on god yet they are they are amongts the poorest and unhappy people i know.  god does not need money the pastors do.
Re: How Much Do You Give As Offerings To God? by pmdaboh(f): 11:54pm On Aug 22, 2007
[b]According to the word of God, God requires 10% of our earnings, which is referred to as TITHE. A particular amount was not stipulated for paying an offering. I pay whatever I feel led to do by God, and how I feel compelled in my heart to do. . According to the word of God, a person can be cursed for "robbing God of his 10%, but nothing is mentioned, again, about robbing God of a particular "offering amount". The main thing is to pay your tithe, so you can be financially blessed by God.

Now if someone is paying a low amount of money in church, that is between that person and God. In other words, it is no one's business how much offering (or even tithe money) someone pays in church. God is not going to ask me to give account of how much someone else paid, but how much I was obedient in reference to paying my tithe offering. Perhaps that person who paid the low amount that day in church was giving all he/she could afford to give. Why were you shocked? God has not appointed you, me, or anyone else, to monitor another person's giving. We ALL are responsible for our own deeds before God. Let us monitor our own actions in all walks of life.
[/b]
Re: How Much Do You Give As Offerings To God? by ruemu(m): 12:04am On Aug 23, 2007
@ poster,
NONE of ur bizness,

God love cheerful giver
Re: How Much Do You Give As Offerings To God? by smartsoft(m): 12:41am On Aug 23, 2007
See @ ruemu i can see you got no respect.

See the law can never be change if you gv N2 naira, you will get N2 thats just it, alotta people complain that unbelivers get richer why the ones who serve God faithfully get poorer. why not check yourself before you reck yourself the unbelivers are givers when sow bountifully you reap bountufully. you need to start giving God what he diserve not you giving him that dirty money of yours, everything has been made available, we just need our mindset to work for us, everything is in us,i'm a greatman. what so ever a man thinket in his heart so his he. when you work towards your mindset everything will work out for you. Like Bishop Oyedepo will always say[b] " Since this church was buit, i have never cried for money"[/b] what he meant was that since they started Winners as whole he has never cried for money, why because he sows big time to ppl's life. what does he sows again ? all those good words,blessing coming out from his mouth is sowing, not only that he sows into his Mentor's life too that i know. it's always written boldly on a sticker " Givers Never Lack" it's a law that can never be broken. but let me tell you if you have Faith and believe that "Oh God how i wish i have this amount to give" and telling God if God will bless you with this token, you will change your offering he will take you for your words and bless you and put you to test, if you will fullfill your promise. Faith moves mountain, Even if you faith is as small as mustaseed he will bless you,

Unbelivers belives in giving, so why woun't they get richer and you there giving Dirty naira note to God, little change to God why not put God to test and see if your mindset woun't change about your offerings

Thats my words
Re: How Much Do You Give As Offerings To God? by zukkie4eva(f): 9:19am On Aug 23, 2007
@Mazaje, try spelling god with a capital "G" and not "g" also, you may need to get out of that place to begin to see things in their right perspective.

"Let God's word be true and every man a lie"
Re: How Much Do You Give As Offerings To God? by anney(f): 9:27am On Aug 23, 2007
i give 2 God out of my best.our offering is not even too much 4 him
Re: How Much Do You Give As Offerings To God? by pilgrim1(f): 9:59am On Aug 23, 2007
Boondoggle:

A preacher once talked about the story of an old pagan woman he met on her way to the stream to give offering to her idol. This woman, he said, had two children. One was extremely sick and always looked like she would drop dead the next moment and the other was quite healthy. Man-of-God tried to talk the woman out of performing human sacrifice but she would not listen to him. So MOG thought, "well she would probably give the sickly child", but how wrong he was when he saw the woman returned with the sickly child. Out of curiousity, he approcahed the woman and asked why she gave the healthy child to her idol instead of the sickly one and she looked at him with a slight frown and said " I will NOT give a SICKLY offering to my god!!!" shocked shocked shocked

Shalom cool

Boondoggle,

God go bless you sooooo much for sharing that.

In the first place, you clearly mentioned it was a 'story'. Even so, that story illustrates something deep in the things of God - give to God something 'worthy'. It is not so much the size or measure of the gift, but it is the value of the heart that God looks at.

The 'story' captures well something we find in God's WORD. The highlighted line where the woman says "I will NOT give a SICKLY offering to my god", reminds me of Malachi 1:8 --

'And if ye offer the blind for sacrifice, is it not evil?
and if ye offer the lame and sick, is it not evil?
offer it now unto thy governor; will he be pleased with thee,
or accept thy person? saith the LORD of hosts.'

King David captured this so well in the wisdom of 2 Sam. 24:24 - '. . . neither will I offer burnt offerings unto the LORD my God of that which doth cost me nothing. . .'

God gave the best gift to all mankind - His precious Son (John 3:16). If this touches our hearts in a deep way, our complaints about 'how much we give' will diminish. Rather, even if it is "two [b]m[/b]ites" or "two [b]m[/b]illion", God has set before us what He is actually looking for in our giving:

"not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver" - 2 Cor. 9:7

Be encouraged to show God how much you love Him - that is more important to His heart, than an outward measurement. smiley
Re: How Much Do You Give As Offerings To God? by pterygott(f): 10:07am On Aug 23, 2007
shouldn't that be between me and God?
Re: How Much Do You Give As Offerings To God? by niceuzor: 10:42am On Aug 23, 2007
Smartsoft - you are welcome here cool

This issue of offering you are bring to nairaland i hope it not going

turn to a different topic!!

Well lets keep Watching!! shocked
Re: How Much Do You Give As Offerings To God? by godslead(f): 10:47am On Aug 23, 2007
Whats all dis talk bout hw much we give God?@post na u i dey ask o.
as som1 already said u have no bidness looking @ som1 elses offering concendrate on ur own.
Hvnt u ever heard dat Salvation is personal?
And again I want 2 ask u who made u a judge over us? angry
I think u shuld just face ur relationship with God and leave it @ dat
GOD BLESS U!
Re: How Much Do You Give As Offerings To God? by mazaje(m): 11:04am On Aug 23, 2007
@Mazaje, try spelling god with a capital "G" and not "g" also, you may need to get out of that place to begin to see things in their right perspective.

Whats the right perspective?the nigerian perspective? where people are being lied to about god and money and yet nothing is been done? where people spend all their money on offering onto god and they still die in poverty and lack? i am relating what i am seeing across europe and what is obtainable in nigeria when white people go to church here they offer what they feel like offering they are not compelled to offer anything unto god, if they feel like giving onto the church(pastor and priest) inother to help them they do so if not they don't.

in nigeria its compulsary that you give money to god, they pastors wont tell you to give to the church instead they will tell you to give unto god. people will steal and give to the church(pastors) thinking they are giving unto god, god does not need money and i will repeat it again it's better to go and give money to the sick people in the hospital who can't afford money for their medication or help pay someone's schools fees who is finding it difficult to do so than to take you money to the church in the name of giving onto god.the white people here don't give onto god yet they have all they need we in nigeria spend all we have givng onto god(pastors) and yet we remain in poverty and want. why is that so?
Re: How Much Do You Give As Offerings To God? by luckia(m): 12:33pm On Aug 23, 2007
THE AMOUNT OF MONEY YOU GIVE AS OFFERING DOES NOT REALLY MATTER THAT MUCH THOU IT MATTERS' BUT THE HEART THAT GIVETH THE OFFERING IS WHAT THAT MATTERS,

IMAGINE ME A THEIF, HAVING STOLEN LOTS OF MONEY FROM ONE CHURCH GOING TO ANOTHER CHURCH TO GIVE OFFERING IN LARGE AMOUNT, IT MAKES NO MEANING TO GOD.

AND FOR THOSE AT THE TOP MOST "THANK GOD FOR EFCC" OF THE GOVERNMENT AGENCIES, AFTER TRANSFER BUDGET MONEY FOR THE GROWTH OF THE ECONOMY TO THIER OWN ACCOUNT AND AT THE END THEY GO TO THE CHURCH TO SAY THANK YOU BY GIVING OFFERING, DOES NOT MAKE ANY SENSE, because ITS ACCEPTED.

IF TRUELY FROM MY HEART AND THAT IS WHAT I HAVE I GIVE 1 NAIRA, I TELL YOU GOD WILL BE HAPPY WITH ME THAN THE AFOREMENTIONED.
Re: How Much Do You Give As Offerings To God? by profy2k4(m): 1:06pm On Aug 23, 2007
you don't need to watch the person beside you,u give accordingly to your heart.the more you give, the more you receive back from God.
Re: How Much Do You Give As Offerings To God? by pilgrim1(f): 1:26pm On Aug 23, 2007
I like this. . . it's getting hot in here - and it should. Some people's hearts are being revealed! grin

@poster, you do well o jare!

- - - - - -
Re: How Much Do You Give As Offerings To God? by mazaje(m): 2:44pm On Aug 23, 2007
you don't need to watch the person beside you,u give accordingly to your heart.the more you give, the more you receive back from God.

If i may ask what do you recieve back from god? is it his blessings? if yes then what are they? to me blessing means, happiness,comfort,prosperity, good health and security which is highly lacking amongst the christians in nigeria who are the ones that give the most unto god. the people here dont give anything to god yet the are FAR more blessed than the christians in nigeria who give all their money to the chruch(pastors) in the name of giving unto god and end up in want and need. why is that so, why will god not bless his own and bless those who don't believe in him pls i need answers? we all know that nigerians dont have the money that these white people have, we dont have their comfort, their average life expectancy is twice that of ours, they are healtier, richer, more organised and yet they dont give anything to god for that, we give,give and give yet we are still lacking behind why is that so? the blessings are not coming upon us as a people, u can say that u are blessed as an individual but when u look at nigeria collectively as a whole u will know that it is far from being Blessed. the pastors are lying they are just decieving people making them give them money in the name of giving unto god. god does not need money people(pastors) do.
Re: How Much Do You Give As Offerings To God? by pilgrim1(f): 2:47pm On Aug 23, 2007
mazaje:

If i may ask what do you recieve back from god? is it his blessings? if yes then what are they? to me blessing means, happiness,comfort,prosperity, good health and security which is highly lacking amongst the christians in nigeria who are the ones that give the most unto god. the people here don't give anything to god yet the are FAR more blessed than the christians in nigeria who give all their money to the chruch(pastors) in the name of giving unto god and end up in want and need. why is that so, why will god not bless his own and bless those who don't believe in him please i need answers? we all know that nigerians don't have the money that these white people have, we don't have their comfort, their average life expectancy is twice that of ours, they are healtier, richer, more organised and yet they don't give anything to god for that, we give,give and give yet we are still lacking behind why is that so? the blessings are not coming upon us as a people, u can say that u are blessed as an individual but when u look at nigeria collectively as a whole u will know that it is far from being Blessed. the pastors are lying they are just decieving people making them give them money in the name of giving unto god. god does not need money people(pastors) do.

How it is that you guys always try to generalize issues about people in Nigeria? Let me ask: Are you really in Finland? I know firsthand what people there think about God - that's why I asked.

Please, try and refresh your mind and try not assuming so broadly that Christians in Nigeria are this, that or the other of issues you don't have a good grasp on.
Re: How Much Do You Give As Offerings To God? by bimbliss(f): 3:05pm On Aug 23, 2007
how much we give to God is a secret thing as most peolpe have responded and it should come from a willing and loving heart. so its not something we can publicize on nairaland.
the other thing we should all note is that we are to give quality offerings which are supposed to be our widows might, that means something sacrificial that will cost us something.

danniyi:

giving good offering is important as a committed and a faithful believer. whatsoever, your offering is just a seed, that is certain u will reap. So give to God generously.
i agree with this
i also want to let us know that our tithes and offerings determine how far we go in life pls i urge us not to see our tithes and offerings seen as money spent by pastors but as to God who will open the heavens and pour out blessings on us
we are actually meant to feed, clothe and pay also make comfortable MOG who bring us up spiritually

LIES what about those that don't give to  good and are more blessed than all of us? what have you got to say about them? besides what will god do with money? you are not giving to good but to people (the pastors and their cronies) you can never give money to good because god does not need money the pastors need money so they will tell you to give to god while in essence you are giving money to them. god does not and can never need your money pastors need your money so get that into your thick skulls.
i will say it again and again i live in a godless country most of the people don't believe in god but they are the happiest,most comfortable ,healthy and blessed people i have ever seen. they never give money to good but they have all that they need nigerian spend all their money on god yet they are they are amongts the poorest and unhappy people i know.  god does not need money the pastors do

pls if u are not a christian dont talk any how lests He smites ur mouth with a bone
and if u are a christian try tithing and offering with a willing heart and i promise u that He will prove himself a Great God to u. cheers
Re: How Much Do You Give As Offerings To God? by mazaje(m): 3:20pm On Aug 23, 2007
I am in finnland, i was in nigeria in July  and i visited some churches, all i was hearing in the churches were give unto god and you will be blessed one pastor in a local church i visited said that people were not recieving enough blessing because they were'nt giving enough money unto god the more you give the more you recieve he said, all i was seeing on TV were messages about god, love, money and prosperity(how prosperous you will be when you give to god) when u look around you will see no love, no money and no prosperity all you see is hate and more hate, poverty, sicknes and suffering. so i tried to compare the situation with what is obtainable here in finnland, most of the people here don't believe in god even if they do they are not as zealous as we the nigerians are.

i have been to church here in finnland, the priest/pastors don't tell people to give money so that they will prosper or recieve blesseing from the lord except for one nigerian that opened a church here and was trying to bring the practice of preaching about prosperity. in nigeria all you hear  in church is that givers never lack and the more you give to god the more you recieve, people are giving but people are not recieving thats no lie. i went to visit a relative in JUTH in jos  when i went to nigeria the hospital was filled with sick people( if you vist a hospital here in finnland you will see very few sick people), armed robbery every where a friend was killed by robbers on his way from bauchi few days before i arrived, every body i meet was complianing about having little or no money every where i went people were begging me for money. these are the same people that go to church and give to god(pastors) every day and yet the are always crying that they have no money or are they sick or they are not secured. why is that so?

The people in  finnland don't give money to god to protect them or make them proeperous yet all nigerians will run to finnland if given the opportunity to come here and enjoy what the finnish people are enjoying. the people here are richer, they live longer, they are happier, more comfortable and definately more BLESSED than the nigerians who spend all their money giving to god and expecting reward.the people here don't give money to god when they go to church  so the question is why will god leave his own in poverty and lack despite their offerings and yet give or bless those that don't offer to him in this case the i am refering to the people of finnland.
Re: How Much Do You Give As Offerings To God? by ThoniaSlim(f): 3:30pm On Aug 23, 2007
HHHmmmmm. May God have mercy on some people. lipsrsealed
Re: How Much Do You Give As Offerings To God? by pilgrim1(f): 3:39pm On Aug 23, 2007
@mazaje,

mazaje:

I am in finnland, i was in nigeria in July  and i visited some churches, all i was hearing in the churches were give unto god and you will be blessed one pastor in a local church i visited said that people were not recieving enough blessing because they were'nt giving enough money unto god the more you give the more you recieve he said, all i was seeing on TV were messages about god, love, money and prosperity(how prosperous you will be when you give to god) . . .

You were in Nigeria, heard "one pastor", saw a few TV programmes. . . and that is all there was to indicate that NIGERIANS are as you take them to be? Please.

For me, I was in Nigeria for a visit last year; I went to Churches (plural) where people were not after money - I was blessed to be in Latter Rain Assembly, Deeper Life Bible Church, and a few others; and yet another one where 'Brother' Gbile Akanni ministered to the hearts of people. I also listened to most other pastors on radio and watched them on AIT and several local channels. There's more - but all these are simply to demonstrate that Nigerian pastors are not all about money! Pleeeaaase!!

Nigerians are well respected and seriously sought after. A friend of mine invited me over to Finland early 2005. While we were waiting for our host at the quay in Helsinki, a Fin approached us, and to our surprise asked the Nigerian standing by me if he was a "pastor"! Of course I knew that the Nigerian guy was anything but a 'pastor' - but when I teased the Fin why he assumed so, he said he heard us speaking something that sounded like Yoruba - and he knew so many Nigerians whom he respected as true servants of God!

I thank God 'JD' (my friend) wasn't a 419 - but that just shows you on the surface how people respect Nigerians outside, inspite of our world record for 419!

Anyhow, mazaje, there are many more respected Nigerian Christians in and out of the country. I'm sorry if the few you encountered left you deeply impressed as to what has informed your generalizations. But No, Nigerians are respected for their commitment to God; although those who are charlatans are all over the landscape.

mazaje:

The people in  finnland don't give money to god to protect them or make them proeperous yet all nigerians will run to finnland if given the opportunity to come here and enjoy what the finnish people are enjoying.

I know also that Finnish people eagerly seek to come to Nigeria for some of the things that they can get out of us! Perhaps, you may not have heard how many Fins were easy victims to 419ers (Swedish folks were the worst hit - ask the staff of Ericsson)!

I don't think it is healthy to predicate the persuasions or convictions of Nigerian Christians on what people like to see them for. A littel more search will reveal that they take God more seriously than the Fins. wink
Re: How Much Do You Give As Offerings To God? by mazaje(m): 3:40pm On Aug 23, 2007
HHHmmmmm. May God have mercy on some people.  

May god have mercy on some people indeed.
Re: How Much Do You Give As Offerings To God? by zukkie4eva(f): 3:49pm On Aug 23, 2007
@Mazaje, here's the difference- People who give to "god"get nothing in return, People who give to "God" are blessed and prosperous and I'm one of them! cool
Re: How Much Do You Give As Offerings To God? by pilgrim1(f): 3:51pm On Aug 23, 2007
zukkie4eva:

@Mazaje, here's the difference- People who give to "god"get nothing in return, People who give to "God" are blessed and prosperous and I'm one of them! cool

My goodness! Zukkie. . . you go girl! grin
Re: How Much Do You Give As Offerings To God? by ThoniaSlim(f): 3:59pm On Aug 23, 2007
@zukkie4eva

Word!
Re: How Much Do You Give As Offerings To God? by mangrados(m): 4:49pm On Aug 23, 2007
I dont know why some xtians find it dificult wen they talk abt giving? some even get offended as can be witnessed on this thread. @Mazaje get this straight in to you. The only tested and proven way God uses to test your love and commitment to him is by giving! Take the case of Abraham (The Father of Faith). God demanded for his ONLY SON as sacrifice! after all he passed through b4 he was blessed with that child. Let me ask u @ mazaje, If you were in Abraham shoes what will you do? You will call it bluff and comapare your situation and circumstance with mr A and B and draw millions of conclusion why you can not release the child. Try to study your bible from gen to rev u will discover that all men and women that made impact in history are people that can give anything to God. Your comparison of nigeria with finland is very funny, i can see u need help. If you c many in Nigeria that are poor, hungry and dying and then just b'cos u c many churches in Nigerian and you conclude Nigerian are godly. It's an error to equate godliness with the number of churches and church goers in a country. Let me ask u, is Nigeria a godly state? A country that ban broadcast of christian miracle crusades as a policy? A country where poeple shed inocent blood in the name of religion burn places of worship and soon? Nigerian is religious but not godly.

My final word to you @Mazaje, apostles paul says in 2cor 4:3-4
But if our gospel be hid, it is to them that are lost, In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of christ, who is the image of God , should shine unto them

I pray that that light shine upon your mind so you can see the truth. AMEN
Re: How Much Do You Give As Offerings To God? by marlet01(m): 6:12pm On Aug 23, 2007
@ Poster

I give to God what I can afford.
Re: How Much Do You Give As Offerings To God? by pilgrim1(f): 8:02pm On Aug 23, 2007
marlet01:

@ Poster

I give to God what I can afford.

Simple. Direct. That's all to it. smiley
Re: How Much Do You Give As Offerings To God? by pilgrim1(f): 8:12pm On Aug 23, 2007
mangrados:

The only tested and proven way God uses to test your love and commitment to him is by giving!

I don't know if that assertion can hold when scrutinized. Besides giving, God looks for our commitments in simple obedience to whatever He calls us to.

Jesus probed Peter's love in John 21:15-19 by two things: 'feed My sheep' and 'follow Me'.

God desires each one of us to express our love to Him by keeping His commandments (1 John 5:2 & 3).

My love and commitment to God is also proven in my love to others (1 John 4:21).

I don't think "giving" is the ONLY way to prove one's love and commitment to God. It is one of the ways of doing so; but not the ONLY way.

Cheers. smiley
Re: How Much Do You Give As Offerings To God? by toladop(m): 11:05pm On Aug 23, 2007
Mr poster, person dey remove him transport, you see him dey fold money dey find d lowest currency

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests / 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. / Is It A Sin To Sleep With A Re-married Ex- Husband?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.