Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,345 members, 7,954,401 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:12 PM

TCN Statement On System Collapse On The National Electricity Grid. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / TCN Statement On System Collapse On The National Electricity Grid. (21073 Views)

National Electricity Grid Crashes From 3,703MW To 9MW / The National Electricity Grid Has Experienced A System Collapse. / TCN Statement On System Collapse On The National Grid Due To Fire In Benin. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TCN Statement On System Collapse On The National Electricity Grid. by Angrygoat: 7:13pm On May 12, 2021
Restoration at no specified date. You can see nigeria has been doomed for decades
Re: TCN Statement On System Collapse On The National Electricity Grid. by Angrygoat: 7:15pm On May 12, 2021
I wan buy solar panels of 4m naira
Re: TCN Statement On System Collapse On The National Electricity Grid. by vengertime: 7:15pm On May 12, 2021
That shiroro transmission that is in the Mercy of Boko Haram?

They will soon throw dynamite there

2 Likes

Re: TCN Statement On System Collapse On The National Electricity Grid. by EazyMoh(m): 7:18pm On May 12, 2021
BigDawsNet:

The top 10 solar-powered nations.

China.

United States. ...

Japan. ...

Germany. ...

India. ...

Italy. ...

United Kingdom. ...

Australia.....

What's stopping Nigeria to adopt solar

Giant of Africa embarassed
These same countries are the largest users of nuclear energy. Why don't we adopt nuclear since it is even the cheapest.
Re: TCN Statement On System Collapse On The National Electricity Grid. by emorse(m): 7:21pm On May 12, 2021
Lazycapitalist2:

Well, here is why the system is failing

When you run a business, if your customers are paying you a price below what you need to make a profit , your business collapses.

That is what is happening with the power sector.

I don't agree with this. Many of us pay for power that we don't consume. The introduction of prepaid meters has made this very clear. Communities whose transformers have been faulty for long still get billed and are forced to pay up as a prerequisite for their transformer to be fixed and returned.

The power sector is simply a reflection of Nigeria and Nigerians - corruption ridden.
Re: TCN Statement On System Collapse On The National Electricity Grid. by igbsam(m): 7:23pm On May 12, 2021
Mumu people.

E get when e no dey collapse ?

Incompetency at its finest. Only to harass people for bill. But can't even upgrade or work on generating electricity.

Renewable Energy saves the day

Make una dey zuzu. Awon oponu ode!
Re: TCN Statement On System Collapse On The National Electricity Grid. by Nobody: 7:23pm On May 12, 2021
emorse:

I don't agree with this. Many of us pay for power that we don't consume. The introduction of prepaid meters has made this very clear. Communities whose transformers have been faulty for long still get billed and are forced to pay up as a prerequisite for their transformer to be fixed and returned.

The power sector is simply a reflection of Nigeria and Nigerians - corruption ridden.

At the same time, the power bill we pay is below the amount needed to make it profitable...and on top of that,a significant percentage of people don't pay for power.

I agree there is corruption...but if you don't run the power sector profitably....there won't be enough money to pay for improvements and such.

Re: TCN Statement On System Collapse On The National Electricity Grid. by sko(m): 7:24pm On May 12, 2021
This actually was meant to be "breaking news"
Re: TCN Statement On System Collapse On The National Electricity Grid. by Tejiri41: 7:25pm On May 12, 2021
What does a blind person have with the color of a shirt? We have not seen electricity in my area for almost 2years now. So, this doesn't bother me at all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: TCN Statement On System Collapse On The National Electricity Grid. by tnerro1(m): 7:27pm On May 12, 2021
Am sure the quota system engineers have forced the round pegs in the square holes
Re: TCN Statement On System Collapse On The National Electricity Grid. by BigDawsNet: 7:27pm On May 12, 2021
EazyMoh:

These same countries are the largest users of nuclear energy. Why don't we adopt nuclear since it is even the cheapest.

Nuclear energy is not really that cheap... it's somehow expensive and dangerous

I believe nigeria can afford it
Re: TCN Statement On System Collapse On The National Electricity Grid. by nnamdi640: 7:28pm On May 12, 2021
Everytime collapse of electricity yet they continue increasing electricity tax without any improvement. The most annoying part is the crazy bill they continue sending. Honestly this country is a scam. The British colony scammed us all by creating a failed state so that we will not be like them.
Re: TCN Statement On System Collapse On The National Electricity Grid. by Nobody: 7:29pm On May 12, 2021
Still old shiit. Decentralise the gadem system and let's each region invite investors. Is it hard to do?

1 Like

Re: TCN Statement On System Collapse On The National Electricity Grid. by Kokaine(m): 7:33pm On May 12, 2021
BigDawsNet:

China.

United States. ...

Japan. ...

Germany. ...

India. ...

Italy. ...

United Kingdom. ...

Australia.....

Cost.

DC electricity is generally more expensive to generate and distribute.

I better pass my neighbour generator is 850watts. Itvwont cost more than 20k brand new.

But that same size of solar power with a good 200ah battery and inverter plus labour should cost almost 150k.
Re: TCN Statement On System Collapse On The National Electricity Grid. by Nobody: 7:35pm On May 12, 2021
It's 2021 in the rest of the world. Meanwhile in Nigeria were in still stuck in the the dark ages.
Re: TCN Statement On System Collapse On The National Electricity Grid. by edoairways: 7:36pm On May 12, 2021
BigDawsNet:

China.

United States. ...

Japan. ...

Germany. ...

India. ...

Italy. ...

United Kingdom. ...

Australia.....

We have started already but in the rural areas
Re: TCN Statement On System Collapse On The National Electricity Grid. by BigDawsNet: 7:36pm On May 12, 2021
Kokaine:

Cost.

DC electricity is generally more expensive to generate and distribute.

I better pass my neighbour generator is 850watts. Itvwont cost more than 20k brand new.

But that same size of solar power with a good 200ah battery and inverter plus labour should cost almost 150k.

These are the project Nigerian gov should borrow funds for...

Constant Electricity will provide millions jobs

That's certain
Re: TCN Statement On System Collapse On The National Electricity Grid. by Zector(m): 7:38pm On May 12, 2021
This is my 5years of using my solar power system without PHCN AND GENERATION.

I have 32 numbers of 300w solar panels 3kw Voltron to inverter ,4 number of 220ah Tubular battery and 2 80a of mppt charge controller.

You can check my signature for my contact
PawaZec Nigeria Enterprises
Re: TCN Statement On System Collapse On The National Electricity Grid. by tnerro1(m): 7:40pm On May 12, 2021
Lazycapitalist2:

At the same time, the power bill we pay is below the amount needed to make it profitable...and on top of that,a significant percentage of people don't pay for power.

I agree there is corruption...but if you don't run the power sector profitably....there won't be enough money to pay for improvements and such.

I beg to disagree, if everyone is metered and the government clamps down hard on meter bypass, they will make enough money to run profitably. In most rural areas, it’s the power companies staff that will show you how to bypass their meters for a small amount of money. In some places in the north, they don’t pay for power. If you come to the house to request for their proof of payment or to check their meters, they will show you a sign in hausa with the meaning “ do not enter” that their are women in the compound. If you want to insist, they start making trouble with you. With power, it’s not basically the amount you charge but the number of people you can reach out to. A 100milion households is no joke.
Re: TCN Statement On System Collapse On The National Electricity Grid. by Kokaine(m): 7:42pm On May 12, 2021
BigDawsNet:

These are the project Nigerian gov should borrow funds for...

Constant Electricity will provide millions jobs

That's certain
I agree. But here we have a government that cannot even secure the lives of its citizens or even the elite class in aso rock are unsafe. The solution to this country's problem is a massive awakening of its youth. Next election should have nothing to do with south west or north or Muslim or Christian. It should be the best capable hand.
Re: TCN Statement On System Collapse On The National Electricity Grid. by iwaeda: 7:44pm On May 12, 2021
naptu2:
See previous thread here: The National Electricity Grid Has Experienced A System Collapse. https://www.nairaland.com/6550043/national-electricity-grid-experienced-system.

https://twitter.com/TCN_NIGERIA/status/1392483855492427777

Only a mad man does this. How can the whole nation be on same national grid. Why not decentralised it?
Re: TCN Statement On System Collapse On The National Electricity Grid. by joey150(m): 7:45pm On May 12, 2021
BigDawsNet:

China.

United States. ...

Japan. ...

Germany. ...

India. ...

Italy. ...

United Kingdom. ...

Australia.....

High initial cost. Plus, you can't run on only solar without already having a grid supplied by other forms of energy. Solar energy is hard to store.

Those countries you mentioned are not entirely run on solar. They just augment with it. Until science can find a way to economically store solar energy for use when there's no sunlight, then it's still a long stretch for a country like Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: TCN Statement On System Collapse On The National Electricity Grid. by baseb: 7:47pm On May 12, 2021
What's stopping nigeria from adopting solar technology?
The problem is that a certain govt would come soon and establish the 'national solar commission' (or is it already in existence?) and fill the positions in it with bsc and hnd holders in music, religious studies and fine art.
Giant of africa.
Re: TCN Statement On System Collapse On The National Electricity Grid. by WaffenSS(m): 7:49pm On May 12, 2021
Wasn't this the same shiroro they said boko haram was planning to attack?
Re: TCN Statement On System Collapse On The National Electricity Grid. by BigDawsNet: 8:04pm On May 12, 2021
Kokaine:
I agree. But here we have a government that cannot even secure the lives of its citizens or even the elite class in aso rock are unsafe. The solution to this country's problem is a massive awakening of its youth. Next election should have nothing to do with south west or north or Muslim or Christian. It should be the best capable hand.

Youth possess lots of power of this people...

Bet the Yoruba and Igbo and hausa that's if they are in support to fight them and get back with belongs to us...
Re: TCN Statement On System Collapse On The National Electricity Grid. by BigDawsNet: 8:05pm On May 12, 2021
Kokaine:

Youth possess lots of power to tackle this people...

Bet the Yoruba and Igbo and hausa that's if they are in support together to fight them and get back what belongs to us...
Re: TCN Statement On System Collapse On The National Electricity Grid. by BigDawsNet: 8:06pm On May 12, 2021
edoairways:

We have started already but in the rural areas

Really

Can you mention few
Re: TCN Statement On System Collapse On The National Electricity Grid. by meobizy(f): 8:10pm On May 12, 2021
Nothing concerns me. If nobody gains from our misfortunes, things would get corrected long ago. Leaders are feeding fat from lack of electricity so we'll remain like this for the next few decades. If we change to a youth government, the problem will still exist.
Re: TCN Statement On System Collapse On The National Electricity Grid. by RemoveKebab: 8:15pm On May 12, 2021
FVCK THE NATIONAL GRID

This is why every regional should generate its power

North with abundant land and frequent sunlight can accommodate solar farms

South east and south south with coal and gas to fuel thermal stations

And south west with long coastal lines ideal place for wind and nuclear power plants.

But the juju way them do niggar-area strong pass nokia 3310

1 Like

Re: TCN Statement On System Collapse On The National Electricity Grid. by bravehost4u(m): 8:19pm On May 12, 2021
When boko boys occupied Niger state and threatened to attack shiroro power station and disrupt electricity... I just hope this has not happened
Re: TCN Statement On System Collapse On The National Electricity Grid. by iampeterben(m): 8:39pm On May 12, 2021
No light since morning I suspect something would be wrong unlike my place.
Re: TCN Statement On System Collapse On The National Electricity Grid. by orikoku: 8:51pm On May 12, 2021
I have not seen the light for the past two weeks now.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NNPCL To Cut Fuel Import From August / Hardship: I Regret Voting For Tinubu - Nigerian Man (Video) / Breaking News: APC Flows PDP In Kwara North Online Senatorial poll

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.