Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,210 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:24 AM

INSECURITY: Wake Up, Terrorists‘ve Surrounded Yorubaland, Akintoye Tells S-west - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INSECURITY: Wake Up, Terrorists‘ve Surrounded Yorubaland, Akintoye Tells S-west (1282 Views)

Don’t Listen To Buhari, Visit Scenes Of Terrorist Attacks, Akintoye Tells UN Sec / What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? / Anxiety In PDP Over Presidential Campaign In S/west (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

INSECURITY: Wake Up, Terrorists‘ve Surrounded Yorubaland, Akintoye Tells S-west by Officialhorlah(m): 7:45am On May 13, 2021
LEADER of the Ilana Omo Oodua, Professor Banji Akintoye, yesterday, raised the alarm that terrorists have invaded Yorubaland, urging South-West governors to wake up and secure the zone.

Akintoye, a renowned historian, in a letter to the South-West governors, urged them to be vigilant and ensure that the region is not captured by foreign invaders.

The Second Republic Senator, in a statement by his Communications Manager, Maxwell Adeleye, alleged that the reintroduced COVID-19 restriction by the Federal Government is suspicious with clandestine motives.

Akintoye said: “This is an alert from Ilana Omo Oodua to the Yoruba people at home and in the diaspora. The situation that has developed in Nigeria, in recent days, calls for the uttermost vigilance of the Yoruba nation, and every Yoruba man, woman and child.

“There is danger that if we don’t mount that high level of vigilance today, very serious pains can be inflicted upon us as a nation and on countless numbers of citizens of our nation.

“A few days ago, precisely, Saturday, the 8th of May, I sent a very desperate letter to the six Governors of the Southwest. The letter reads as follows: “Your Excellencies, the Governors of the Yoruba Southwest. This is a very desperate message from me to the State Governors of our Yorubaland in the face of the impending escalation of the ongoing invasion of our homeland. A combination of Fulani terrorists, Boko Haram and ISIS have occupied Niger State which is immediately north of Yorubaland, thereby providing for themselves very easy access into Yorubaland through the Yoruba parts of Kwara and Kogi States.

“Then, recently, the US has issued a statement that ISIS has infiltrated Southern Nigeria from the sea— meaning that the coast of Lagos, Ogun and Ondo States have been infiltrated.

“Our situation has thus become desperate and requires desperate actions from our State Governors. I feel obliged to devote much attention to the study of our Yoruba nation’s vicissitudes in these terrible times, and from such studies, I am hereby raising an informed alarm to the Governors of our States. I humbly and passionately urge our Governors to come together to give the needed response to the danger that threatens to engulf our Yorubaland in, most probably, the next few days.

“It is very well known that the signature action of these foreign terrorist organisations is to first destroy prominent assets of the society that they attack. That could mean that major public and private buildings in Lagos and Ibadan, particularly the hugely symbolic Cocoa House in Ibadan, would be their immediate targets.

“By the grace of God, we will ultimately expel them from our homeland, but by then, very many valuable assets of our nation might have been wrecked. This is something that we can and must prevent by preempting them with our massive defensive measures.

“I wish our Governors God’s wisdom and strength as they rise together to do the desperately needful now. I trust you all to make the best decision, but I respectfully urge that you also borrow a leaf from what Governor Ortom has done in his Benue State.

COVID-19 curfew an attempt to import terrorists into S-West

“That was last Saturday. Now, in the past 24 hrs, that is, since late Monday, May 10, 2021, more troubling developments have occurred. First, the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Boss Mustapha, went on air and announced several Federal Government measures which were said to be made necessary by COVID-19.

“However, while Nigerians were still pondering the Federal Government’s announcement, Dr. Sani Aliyu, Coordinator of the National Presidential Task Force on COVID 19, came out with a statement that the announcement a night before on lockdown, curfew, and public gathering were fake. He concluded that the public should ignore them.

“We urge the Yoruba people to be aware of what may be happening now. We ask Yoruba people to remember that when the Federal Government announced a lockdown in March 2020, the lockdown was converted to a sinister opportunity to truck countless loads of Fulani terrorists and others to the South, especially to the Yoruba Southwest. We Yoruba people must defend our homeland, our towns, cities, villages, farmlands and our people no matter what anybody else may be doing.

“Happily, most Yoruba people are no longer in doubt about the danger that confronts their nation in Nigeria, but we need now is to mobilize ourselves in defence of our homeland.

“The Yoruba people are grateful to the Yoruba youths for the way they have woken up to resist the invasion of Yorubaland by terrorist bandits.

“The Yoruba youths must take particular cognizance of the following facts: That terrorists have taken over Niger State: That Niger State is the immediate Northern neighbour of Yorubaland; that terrorists now command easy access into Yoruba land through the Yoruba parts of Kwara and Kogi States; a powerful nation, the United States of America, has issued an alert informing Nigeria and the world that ISIS, probably in alliance with other terrorist groups, has infiltrated the Southern parts of Nigeria from the sea; That the Nigerian Federal Government has not responded in any way to all these dangerous developments, which means that we must not wait for any Federal Government to defend us.”

“We, Yoruba people, must also remember in particular that all past efforts by terrorists in Nigeria have always had special plans for Yorubaland because, as everybody knows, Yorubaland is the home of the richest non-petroleum resources in Nigeria.

“All these call for a new and higher level of response and vigilance by the Yoruba people. Our youths have been holding mega rallies across cities and that is a very welcome development, but our youths must now respond at a much higher level than mega rallies. They must organise themselves urgently to protect our roads, especially the roads that lead into our homeland. They must ensure that the influx of terrorists and arms into our land definitively stops.”

Cc Myynd44

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/05/insecurity-wake-up-terroristsve-surrounded-yorubaland-akintoye-tells-s-west-govs/

Re: INSECURITY: Wake Up, Terrorists‘ve Surrounded Yorubaland, Akintoye Tells S-west by donbachi(m): 7:47am On May 13, 2021
Battle at the doorsteps.
Re: INSECURITY: Wake Up, Terrorists‘ve Surrounded Yorubaland, Akintoye Tells S-west by Abdul05: 7:48am On May 13, 2021
In your village
Re: INSECURITY: Wake Up, Terrorists‘ve Surrounded Yorubaland, Akintoye Tells S-west by Sammy07: 7:49am On May 13, 2021
angry

Politics has blinded SW angry
OPC needs to,be revived with sophisticated weapons. angry

2 Likes

Re: INSECURITY: Wake Up, Terrorists‘ve Surrounded Yorubaland, Akintoye Tells S-west by realstars: 7:50am On May 13, 2021
Let's Give Thanks To Tinubu And The APC Who Brought Buhari And The Fulaoies To Us.

This Is The Same Naija Of 22 Years Ago. grin

1 Like

Re: INSECURITY: Wake Up, Terrorists‘ve Surrounded Yorubaland, Akintoye Tells S-west by Yobabad: 7:52am On May 13, 2021
Yoruba Muslims Miscreants (YMM) have started embracing terorism

1 Like

Re: INSECURITY: Wake Up, Terrorists‘ve Surrounded Yorubaland, Akintoye Tells S-west by MAGG0T(m): 7:54am On May 13, 2021
South west is always a weak link to southern states ...

Greed and selfishness won't let them...most confused tribe in this worthless country

5 Likes

Re: INSECURITY: Wake Up, Terrorists‘ve Surrounded Yorubaland, Akintoye Tells S-west by youngeagle(m): 7:56am On May 13, 2021
Let them be sleeping on bike relying on that selfish oppolo eye
Re: INSECURITY: Wake Up, Terrorists‘ve Surrounded Yorubaland, Akintoye Tells S-west by Adeyinka12(m): 7:56am On May 13, 2021
In Asha voice - There's fire on the mountain.
Re: INSECURITY: Wake Up, Terrorists‘ve Surrounded Yorubaland, Akintoye Tells S-west by revived: 7:57am On May 13, 2021
E go be
Re: INSECURITY: Wake Up, Terrorists‘ve Surrounded Yorubaland, Akintoye Tells S-west by notym2chektym: 8:03am On May 13, 2021
Yorubas Nationwide, let's be vigilant
This is a time for all Yoruba spiritualist , traditionalist and warriors to begin to prepare the Youths incase of any eventuality
God bless Oduduwa nation

1 Like

Re: INSECURITY: Wake Up, Terrorists‘ve Surrounded Yorubaland, Akintoye Tells S-west by SmartPolician: 8:03am On May 13, 2021
COVID-19 curfew an attempt to import terrorists into S-West

Just like the time of civil, mutual suspicion has gradually returned to Nigeria - thanks to MBuhari
Re: INSECURITY: Wake Up, Terrorists‘ve Surrounded Yorubaland, Akintoye Tells S-west by ZorGBUooeh: 8:04am On May 13, 2021
Lols

They can attack Lagos I don't care.Highest we leave Lagos for them and relocate to Seme or Togo.

UGM and ESN is our problem.

4 Likes

Re: INSECURITY: Wake Up, Terrorists‘ve Surrounded Yorubaland, Akintoye Tells S-west by Fejoku: 8:08am On May 13, 2021
It is a clarion call for all Yorubas to wake up and arm up. Defend your land by any means possible else no one will do it for you.
Re: INSECURITY: Wake Up, Terrorists‘ve Surrounded Yorubaland, Akintoye Tells S-west by KAHBOOM: 8:12am On May 13, 2021
I tot it was ipob terrorists self.

They should attack Lagos so that we will come online and make noise as usual.

4 Likes

Re: INSECURITY: Wake Up, Terrorists‘ve Surrounded Yorubaland, Akintoye Tells S-west by KAHBOOM: 8:16am On May 13, 2021
Fejoku:
It is a clarion call for all Yorubas to wake up and arm up. Defend your land by any means possible else no one will do it for you.

Shhhhh!

Pls don't let our Masters hear u and vex..so that 2023 presidency won't pass us by.

1 Like

Re: INSECURITY: Wake Up, Terrorists‘ve Surrounded Yorubaland, Akintoye Tells S-west by temitope27(m): 8:18am On May 13, 2021
Gani Adams abeg rise to action now
Re: INSECURITY: Wake Up, Terrorists‘ve Surrounded Yorubaland, Akintoye Tells S-west by Admissionclass: 8:19am On May 13, 2021
Unfortunately a vast number of yorubas still believe in one Nigeria,a lot of work to be done.

2 Likes

Re: INSECURITY: Wake Up, Terrorists‘ve Surrounded Yorubaland, Akintoye Tells S-west by Nukilia: 8:28am On May 13, 2021
Admissionclass:
Unfortunately a vast number of yorubas still believe in one Nigeria,a lot of work to be done.

The Yoruba Moslems

1 Like

Re: INSECURITY: Wake Up, Terrorists‘ve Surrounded Yorubaland, Akintoye Tells S-west by Built2last: 8:45am On May 13, 2021
Show me one Yoruba muslim who believes that Nigeria should split and i will believe that Yorubas can conquer Fulanis.

Yoruba has been surrounded. They dont know what is coming.

The U.S warned and people glossed over it

2 Likes

Re: INSECURITY: Wake Up, Terrorists‘ve Surrounded Yorubaland, Akintoye Tells S-west by lilkech(m): 8:59am On May 13, 2021
i went into lag recently and noticed every single okada rider was a notherner. so much sleeper cells are in those parts waiting to be activated. i sharply ran back to where i came from before dem blow their whistle.

i pity them when shit decides to hit the fan

2 Likes

Re: INSECURITY: Wake Up, Terrorists‘ve Surrounded Yorubaland, Akintoye Tells S-west by Nobody: 9:12am On May 13, 2021
When I was growing up, my dad used to tell me about how Awolowo influenced the SW and brought education to them. He told me that if you threw a stone in an Ekiti market, it would most likely hit a professor, a doctor or an engineer. I wonder if this is the case now . I say this because I don’t understand how a whole race so educated, so enlightened , so peaceful would support being chased out of their homeland.
What does an average Yoruba man gain from Nigeria ? Employment? Constant power supply? Good working environment ? Nothing much at all. All southerners must wake up and understand the jihad going on in Nigeria, we all deserve better.

Also, remember that Kenya, Ghana, Cameroon, South Africa, Malawi have stable electricity. We still haven’t gotten that one right since 1960. Wake up people, wake up.

3 Likes

Re: INSECURITY: Wake Up, Terrorists‘ve Surrounded Yorubaland, Akintoye Tells S-west by Moferere: 9:23am On May 13, 2021
MAGG0T:

Greed and selfishness won't let them...most confused tribe in this worthless country

Ask yourself, have you made any sense?
Re: INSECURITY: Wake Up, Terrorists‘ve Surrounded Yorubaland, Akintoye Tells S-west by sammyj: 9:26am On May 13, 2021
shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: INSECURITY: Wake Up, Terrorists‘ve Surrounded Yorubaland, Akintoye Tells S-west by StaffofOrayan(m): 9:41am On May 13, 2021
I was watching the video of the pastor asking his congregation if they have a plan b and they were all laughing!
We no just Wan get sense
Re: INSECURITY: Wake Up, Terrorists‘ve Surrounded Yorubaland, Akintoye Tells S-west by Elliotwaveforec: 9:49am On May 13, 2021
After Redeemed members will begin attacking this Prof. now; when it starts now, they will be running helter-skelter after they've used their mouth to run down those who can face their attackers.

Let's see what members will do if Redeemed Camp is attacked. Nonsense.

Churches have been attacked successfully and people kidnapped.
Re: INSECURITY: Wake Up, Terrorists‘ve Surrounded Yorubaland, Akintoye Tells S-west by SisterFire(f): 9:54am On May 13, 2021
...Yorubas shud be offensive ,cos winter is seriously coming , .remove ur eyes from the igbos for now n face this people
Re: INSECURITY: Wake Up, Terrorists‘ve Surrounded Yorubaland, Akintoye Tells S-west by Elliotwaveforec: 10:00am On May 13, 2021
lilkech:
i went into lag recently and noticed every single okada rider was a notherner. so much sleeper cells are in those parts waiting to be activated. i sharply ran back to where i came from before dem blow their whistle.

i pity them when shit decides to hit the fan

You notice am too.
Re: INSECURITY: Wake Up, Terrorists‘ve Surrounded Yorubaland, Akintoye Tells S-west by loosecanon50(m): 10:02am On May 13, 2021
grin
Re: INSECURITY: Wake Up, Terrorists‘ve Surrounded Yorubaland, Akintoye Tells S-west by SisterFire(f): 10:08am On May 13, 2021
Sammy07:
angry

Politics has blinded SW angry
OPC needs to,be revived with sophisticated weapons. angry
...but u guys espiecially iammo were mocking igbos for stupidly not voting ur god buhari .
Now u don't use ur other monikker osaze007 for ur nigerdelta hates igbos
Re: INSECURITY: Wake Up, Terrorists‘ve Surrounded Yorubaland, Akintoye Tells S-west by SisterFire(f): 10:11am On May 13, 2021
MAGG0T:

...2015 is an unforgettable year when hatred chose Satan against ogbanje

(1) (2) (Reply)

Facebook Deletes Buhari’s Post Against South East / Twitter Dares Buhari, Vows To Restore Access To Platform Despite Nigeria Ban / Reno Omokri Blasts President Muhammadu Buhari On His Bigoted Speech

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.