Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,452 members, 7,826,736 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

Orji Wins Abia State - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Orji Wins Abia State (7653 Views)

Pdp Rejoices As Inec Emerges Ikpeazu as Wins Abia State Governorship Election / Breaking!!! T A Orji Wins Senate Election / News Update! Gov. T.a Orji wins Ikechi Emenike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Orji Wins Abia State by odumchi: 7:19pm On Apr 27, 2011
Coming from a True Son of Abia,
First of all why are so many of you speaking nonsense about Abia? Things have gotten better but not as much as they should be. Ever since Osisikanku was eliminated, and government troops moved into Aba, kidnapping and the crime rate has fallen and is virtually nonexistent. Now for all you who don't see this as an accomplishment, what is the crime rate of Lagos?

Again Abia State has had no worthy contender for some time now so people no longer have an option. And for whoever saud that Abians will influx into their state us this a joke?  grin What state will an Abians go into and live as a refugee? Is it Cross River? Or wait Rivers? How many Igbos do you know leave their homeland and live in another state not because of job opportunities but because of bad governance in their home state?

Go to Aba and you will See many different people living there for work opportunities.  
Re: Orji Wins Abia State by Nobody: 7:52pm On Apr 27, 2011
odumchi:

First of all why are so many of you speaking nonsense about Abia? Things have gotten better but not as much as they should be. Ever since Osisikanku was eliminated, and government troops moved into Aba, kidnapping and the crime rate has fallen and is virtually nonexistent. Now for all you who don't see this as an accomplishment, what is the crime rate of Lagos?

Again Abia State has had no worthy contender for some time now so people no longer have an option. And for whoever saud that Abians will influx into their state us this a joke?  grin What state will an Abians go into and live as a refugee? Is it Cross River? Or wait Rivers? How many Igbos do you know leave their homeland and live in another state not because of job opportunities but because of bad governance in their home state?

Go to Aba and you will See many different people living there for work opportunities.  

my brother dont let them get to your nerves , people move to abia and not out of abia , i beleive they just need to fix the roads and do some clean up , abia and anambra are still among the few relevant states in nigeria and i cant count more than five relevant states in nigeria.
Re: Orji Wins Abia State by dayokanu(m): 7:56pm On Apr 27, 2011
Donlittle:

now it no more buhari the warlord and demon, it is jonathan, orji and co, good
this is the way it should continue oo, fighting among urself.

Its still Buahri oo In Delta and Abia everywhere its Buahri
Re: Orji Wins Abia State by Nobody: 8:09pm On Apr 27, 2011
odumchi:

Wey your id? People like you dey tire pple, abi dem put Abia stamp for your yansh,  mscheewww!!!!

DRlulu:

my brother dont let them get to your nerves , people move to abia and not out of abia , i beleive they just need to fix the roads and do some clean up , abia  and anambra are  still among the few relevant states in nigeria and i cant count more than five relevant states in nigeria.
Either you're a leper, or something cut off your fingers, for you not to be able to count five relevant states in Nigeria,
Re: Orji Wins Abia State by Nobody: 8:48pm On Apr 27, 2011
musKeeto:

Wey your id? People like you dey tire pple, abi dem put Abia stamp for your yansh,  mscheewww!!!!

Either you're a leper, or something cut off your fingers, for you not to be able to count five relevant states in Nigeria,

guy kilode u want kill am, lol na wa ooo
Re: Orji Wins Abia State by manugbo(m): 9:55pm On Apr 27, 2011
THIS ORJI BROUGHT IN FAKE BALLOT PAPERS FOR ABA POPLE TO USE. THEY ALL REFUSED.

PROBABBLY HE HAD THUMB PRINTED ON ALL THE ORIGINALS BEFORE BRINGING IN THE FAKE BALLOT PAPERS AT ABOUT 12PM

USELESS OLD MONKEY.

PEOPLE OF ABIA HAD ALREADY PLANNED VOTING HIM OUT, BUT HE WAS SMART ENOUGH.
Re: Orji Wins Abia State by manugbo(m): 10:00pm On Apr 27, 2011
ITS NOT ABOUT PDP, ITS ABOUT ALLITY IN INDIVIDUALS.

SINCERELY ORJI IS AN OLD FOOL.

WHICH SHRINE HIM GO BAFF THIS TIME AROUND.

AHH, SHEBI FED GOVT DON DESTROY OKIJA SHRINE.

NA WAO HHH. THIS MAN REALLY COOK HIM BODY FOR SHRINE.

ABIA, ESPECIALLY ABA PEOPLE DON TIRE FOR THE MAN
Re: Orji Wins Abia State by manugbo(m): 10:07pm On Apr 27, 2011
HE BROUGHT IN MILLITARY MEN TO COME AND ELIMINATE OSISIKANKWU

COULD THIS BE TAGGED AS AN ACHIEVEMENT
Re: Orji Wins Abia State by DrAdre(m): 10:11pm On Apr 27, 2011
This is the sad(est) news of the year , this Clueless man again in the next 4years , I Pity u pple, I served in Abia State Ohafia to be precise , It was hell, Umuhaia looks like Badia in Omo Ghetto
Re: Orji Wins Abia State by manugbo(m): 10:19pm On Apr 27, 2011
HIS ACHIEVEMENT  FOR FOUR YRS , IS THAT HE BROUGHT THE SOLDIERS THAT ELIMINATED OSISIKANKWU  shocked

WAO!!!!!

ORJIS ACHIEVEMENT FOR THE THE PAST FOUR YRS TERM IN THE OFFICE.

IT  REALLY SOUNDS CRAZY
Re: Orji Wins Abia State by EzeUche3(m): 10:36pm On Apr 27, 2011
Dr_Adre:

This is the sad(est) news of the year , this Clueless man again in the next 4years , I Pity u pple, I served in Abia State Ohafia to be precise , It was hell, Umuhaia looks like Badia in Omo Ghetto

Stop the lies.

People are acting like Abia is the worst place in Nigeria. All these reta.rded post. . .
Re: Orji Wins Abia State by EzeUche3(m): 10:39pm On Apr 27, 2011
Ngwa have no unity. Largest voting bloc in Abia and what do they have to show for it? Nothing. . .

I do not want hear them screaming marginalization, because they marginalize themselves. I was in support of the Ngwa candidate of APGA, but the man could not even solidify his base.
Re: Orji Wins Abia State by Chyz2: 10:52pm On Apr 27, 2011
EzeUche__:

Ngwa have no unity. Largest voting bloc in Abia and what do they have to show for it? Nothing. . .

I do not want hear them screaming marginalization, because they marginalize themselves. I was in support of the Ngwa candidate of APGA, but the man could not even solidify his base.

I got word from back home that the Ngwa candidate is in the hospital from getting is head macheted. Is this true?
Re: Orji Wins Abia State by EzeUche3(m): 10:56pm On Apr 27, 2011
Chyz*:

I got word from back home that the Ngwa candidate is in the hospital from getting is head macheted. Is this true?

Which one? There are like three Ngwa candidates. undecided
Re: Orji Wins Abia State by Chyz2: 10:59pm On Apr 27, 2011
EzeUche__:

Which one? There are like three Ngwa candidates. undecided

I'm not sure. Was wondering if it was the main runner up. I was told that he was the one who wanted to impose tax, and get rid of the non-clansmen in his area,especially in politics.
Re: Orji Wins Abia State by dayokanu(m): 12:09am On Apr 28, 2011
Chyz*:

Buharis Almajiris again?
Re: Orji Wins Abia State by vicenzo(m): 12:18am On Apr 28, 2011
Dr_Adre:

This is the sad(est) news of the year , this Clueless man again in the next 4years , I Pity u pple, I served  in Abia State Ohafia to be precise , It was hell, Umuhaia looks  like Badia in Omo Ghetto
some people can't just stop lying,you must be a native of HELL to know that ohafia is hell,it is not a must to post,if you dont have anything to contribute to this thread,why not just read other people's post. angry
Re: Orji Wins Abia State by jookco(m): 1:45am On Apr 28, 2011
T.A Orji is the best man for Abia State, no one can survive under the shackles of Kalu that blood sucker, T.A Orji is a very humble and peace loving man but he went through hell to please Kalu and he is now to be blamed for all the atrocities commuted by Kalu , remember almost all the contracts after 2007 goes to Kalu Companies , each Local Govt Chairman pay 17,Million monthly to her mother excellency, all the commissioners divide their allowance into two for her mother Excellency, even Chris Akomas the former deputy Governor lack finance to campaign but that was a former deputy Gov, Kalu is so wicked that you don't wanna deal with that guy, this victory today is for all Abia we are finally free from twelve years of Mamacracy.
Re: Orji Wins Abia State by EzeUche3(m): 2:53am On Apr 28, 2011
At least I do not have to worry about Orji Uzor Kalu anymore!
Re: Orji Wins Abia State by namdo(m): 10:03am On Apr 28, 2011
eziokwu cool, hope next 4yrs would bring better roads, electricity and public water systems in most rural areas in Ngwa/Asa lands, mostly neglected ( , or a mirage?)
Re: Orji Wins Abia State by rhymz(m): 10:39am On Apr 28, 2011
Some of these Southwesterners can be so malevolently obsessive when it comes to Igbos.
Before any of you post gibberish without the aids of common sense, learn to put issues in perspectives, instead of spewing stupid claims of political genius on a people in order to make others look less intelligent.
Situation in Abia state today is very similar to what is happening in Oyo state today. The similarities are clear. Both states have been victims of Godfatherism and mafian styled politics.
Oyo state for instance, was able to make political gains today because of the demise of that illiterate and crude Adedibu whose brand of polotics was nick named Amala & ewedu politics because of the obvious lack of political sophistication or the obvious pettiness of its characters.
In comparison to T.A Oji, Alao Akala is even worse off as he had the luxury of free will and time to change the fortunes of his state but chose to indulge in pettiness-from his obsessive self adornment, to very dumb policies that will leave anyone laughing and rolling on the floor at the incredibly $tooopid idea-unlike T.A Oji who has had to fight a belligerent and politically very savvy godfather OUK-whose finesse at dealing with people is very commendable and leaves you with mixed feelings about his person.
He only became a victim of his own maneuovering when he started overdoing it and Abians started seeing him for who he realy is- a very likeable crook who is only interested in himself and nothing else-his philandering with parties even at the expense of his own party only showed the man's loyalty lies with himself. Most of what has happened in Abia state have traces to him. T.A Oji may not neccessarily be the best person to lead Abia state but in comparison to the characters in the opposition parties, he is a viable option and his emergience is expedient to the dentriment of the stranglehold of OUK and family. This is victory for the majority of Abians that voted for him, his emergence has sent a clear message to OUK and his likes that no matter his antics and political genius, people are not stupid and his time is up.
Afterall, inspite of the fact that Alao Akala obvoiusly does not have the skill set or the character to be a governor people still voted him and he came a close 2nd in the race. It shows the beauty of democracy that even though minority can have their say, the majority will always have their way.
So I find it insulting that bonafide edioots like Seanet will want to arrogate some fictituos political genius to the electorates of his tribesmen and talk shiot about others.
Re: Orji Wins Abia State by Reference(m): 11:41am On Apr 28, 2011
What is happening in Abia though sad is the right step in the right direction. The simple reason is that Abia is trying to free itself of the 'strong man' syndrome. Happens in all states where power has been held for very long exclusively by a single entity. Cote'D'Ivorie and Libya is one example. Its usually very difficult to reform society and in this case the polity. OUK built a huge political structure of loyalists that would require a long time to purge from the system particularly when they are hostile to the government in power. Though Theodore has been found wanting severally we cannot entirely rule out sabotage here and there.

I used to say like it is happening in Nigeria generally that social equality comes before performance if we are not to have a country molded in the image of a particular section of the country and in the case of Abia in the image of one individual OUK. So Abians must be patient, press for change, build strong, independent and virile opposition PARTIES and INSTITUTIONS not individuals. Those alternatives will then form better governments in years to come.

For those who laugh at Abia now here this. Not all states or nations develop equally but those who find it a bit of a struggle initially end up being far better than others down the line.
Re: Orji Wins Abia State by houvest: 11:56am On Apr 28, 2011
@ Rhymz.
Bros you keep falling my hand with all due repect
Do you owe apologies or explanation to anybody for God's sake? You normally do better than this. Let us enjoy OUK's defeat.
Looking for acceptance from any qaurter is wrong The people have voted out OUK and given Orji a second chance to do his thing now that there is no mamacracy to worry about. Let's see what he will do now OUK's burden is gone. Enough of the comparisons please.

Because of their history in Nigeria,  Ndigbo's agenda in Nigeria are very different from that of any other group and so should not be asked to behave like others who have a different agenda. There should be no apologies or long-winded explanations about that. Abia was won by PDP because they had the best machinery to beat OUK. Other parties either did not put their acts together or were alligned one way or the other to OUK. Anambra was the first state in Nigeria to throw off the shackles of bad government. Note that I did not say PDP because I do not believe the propaganda against them. PDP has good governors as well as bad just like other parties. Imo is following closely behind. Chime is doing well and so got a second term. I do not know much about Ebonyi but it appears Elechi is the best of the pack or had the best machinery to win. It is not enough to only have good programmes. You also must have a good set-up to achieve that. That is why Utomi, Okotie even the late Gani could not break into the centre despite their seeming good programmes or good persona.
.Ngige is a force in Anambra because of his antecedents as Anambra governor albeit falsely so. I will not be surprised if he becomes the governor once again even through ACN. He just needs to put his set-up together.

So please let's celebrate Ouk's ouster from Abia politics. He sat astride Abia poltics like a collosus but now he can not even beat Chukwumerije to enter the senate.
Re: Orji Wins Abia State by Nobody: 12:05pm On Apr 28, 2011
[size=40pt] WORST NEWS FOR MY HOMELAND cry cry cry [/size]
Re: Orji Wins Abia State by clemcykul(f): 12:08pm On Apr 28, 2011
poor Abians . .they must be looking forward to another four years of intense crimes, poverty, and drastic underdevelopment . . . .government embezzlement of funds , they voted for a looser, could it be that Abians are loosers and dont know whats good for them?
Re: Orji Wins Abia State by MMM2(m): 12:46pm On Apr 28, 2011
Big time fu-çk up 4 abia state.
T -thief
A - after
O-orji
Re: Orji Wins Abia State by Abagworo(m): 12:58pm On Apr 28, 2011
Congratulations.
Another four years of HELL!! For Abians.
Re: Orji Wins Abia State by gReenmAn(m): 1:08pm On Apr 28, 2011
Now I am beginning to have mixed feelinsg about T.A's victory. My initial reaction was that of bafflement and consternation as to why Abians chose to vote for the no-performer. But going through some posts here I begin to see there might be some good in TA's victory.

But is it enough satisfaction to simply oust OUK's influence from Abia politics. How are we sure we are not replacing one evil Pharaoh with another; a proven clueless and dumb one to boot! Abians could have done better by looking at some of the not-so prominent opposition contenders. There is this Uduma Agbai Nnate of APS for instance. Yes I know his party (APS) is virtually unknown in Abia. But the guy's pedigree and personae should have stood him out among the crowd. I saw in him a welcome break from the tainted, over circulated Abia politicians of OUK's ilk.
People like him, with or without a strong political party should have been given a chance to breathe the much needed fresh air into Abia politics, even if its just for the satisfaction of shaming the so called political warlords.
But I know this is just wishful thinking in the lucre infested, gutter machinations of Nigerian politics.
Re: Orji Wins Abia State by Reference(m): 1:31pm On Apr 28, 2011
I'm not unduly worried about what is happening in Abia, political pluralism that makes for good governance in the long run is as good or as bad as what is happening for instance in western Nigeria where you have a 'strong party' with literally no opposition and a 'strong man' at the head of the party. Problems there will only begin to manifest down the line perhaps sooner than later. In both instances there will continue to be misfiring until perfection is attained. The question is are the people moving forward politically. I think they are. Imperceptibly yes, but I think its there. The awareness that economically and environmentally the state is not working is evident to all. That after T.O. a better choice can be made will happen. But if we think the State will move from 'Civil Rule' to 'Downing street style' in two terms of eight years, then we are living in delusion. Forward is forward no matter what gear you're using. Oyo has supposedly ridden itself of Akala, Nigeria has ridden itself of sectional rule, Abia will rid itself of misrule very shortly. He who hold the machete is more important than what the machete can do. The good people of Abia just hang on and be patient.
Re: Orji Wins Abia State by houvest: 1:57pm On Apr 28, 2011
@ Reference. Thanks for such insightful analysis.
Re: Orji Wins Abia State by EzeUche3(m): 2:01pm On Apr 28, 2011
I hope T.A. Orji surprises you all.

And then I shall bring this thread back and insult every single person who insulted my state.
Re: Orji Wins Abia State by Kc3000: 5:54pm On Apr 28, 2011
- Ok, we (Abians) don't need anyones's pity. Try fixing your own wretched states before you come to ridicule us with your pity.

- Yes, there wasn't really a concerted Ngwa opposition to Orji this time around. Most of the Ngwa political elite are in the PDP as well, and the only other option would have been to tear the party apart, as the party had naturally given Orji the nomination for a second term. The people had spent so much resources on battling Uzor Kalu, that they aren't quite as willing to jump in every seemingly fruitless fight. Moreover, since it would take a supernatural act not to have an Ngwa indigene emerge the next governor after Orji, I think most of the eligible Ngwa have their sites set on 2015.

- In the very least, we have rid ourselves of the colossal evil known as Orji Uzor Kalu. Most people outside the state do not appreciate the ridiculous extent of devilishness in this Kalu character, an individual that introduced ritualism and occult practices into every fabric of governance. Even council men in LGAs were made to take oaths of allegiance, as I heard from a first person account. Kalu underperformed like many other governors in Nigeria, but his ruthlessness, the stench of his voodoo practices, and the fact that he and his mother had their tentacles in every single facet of government, just crippled the state.

- The 'hope' is that T.A Orji, having finally rid himself of the Kalu burden, can get to work and find some redemption in the sight of the common Abian. I would NOT hold my breath on this.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

#EndSARS Panel Report: What Difference Will The White Paper Make? / N1.8bn: Recall Buratai For Investigation, PDP Tasks Buhari / Abia North: I've No Competitor, I'm Almost Consensus Candidate — Sen. Kalu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.