Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,033 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

Tecno CAMON 17 Review: The Compromise, Ridiculous! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno CAMON 17 Review: The Compromise, Ridiculous! (3802 Views)

TECNO Camon 17 Becomes First Mediatek SOC Smartphone To Receive Android 12 Beta / TECNO Camon 17 Unboxing, First Impressions And Specifications + Price (photos) / Apple Realizes That International Iphone Prices Are A Bit Ridiculous (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tecno CAMON 17 Review: The Compromise, Ridiculous! by Marvel6233(m): 3:10pm On May 13, 2021
Area afa., I don show again. But this time I de here with the latest Tecno Camon 17. I know some of you would love to buy one of the Camon 17 series ( Tecno Camon 17, Camon 17P and Camon 17 Pro) for yourself.

Since I've been using the Tecno Camon 17, I've noticed some ish. But that's not to forget some cool features the smartphone offers too. The Camon 17 is powered by MediaTek helio G85 chipset/Processor which is slightly better in CPU and GPU than the Helio G80.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_W6n4Xo6-aA

So my gaming experience with the smartphone was cool at first. However, the more applications I installed on the device, the slower it gets. Reason is because of the 4GB RAM size. I wonder what stopped Tecno wey make the Camon 17 nor get 6GB RAM self.

Also, the display is 90Hz refresh rate enabled which is cool. In short, I don't think I can still use any smartphone with no high refresh rate these days. Lol.. 90Hz, 120Hz RR rocks. however, the screen resolution is 720p which is wack compared to the 74k price.

The 48MP camera in day time Is good but not incredible. While at night, the Super night mode is a no no no...

You know what? MY Camon 17 Pro Review video is dropping soon. However, with the little time I've spent using it so far, I fit tell you say, if money is not an issue. Abeg, buy the Pro. The value there is insane.

Well, if you have any questions. Drop am below I go answer una.

1 Like

Re: Tecno CAMON 17 Review: The Compromise, Ridiculous! by Yourfav: 11:55pm On May 13, 2021
Camon17 get 6gb ram variant na, even 8gb ram sef. Check the specs from reliable sites
Re: Tecno CAMON 17 Review: The Compromise, Ridiculous! by hoilakes(m): 11:57pm On May 13, 2021
But you said it yourself that they have CAMON 17, CAMON 17p and CAMON 17 PRO.... with different specs and prices
it's good they considered all these and factored them into a different budget
Re: Tecno CAMON 17 Review: The Compromise, Ridiculous! by iseoluwanimi: 12:02am On May 14, 2021
Like the normal camon 17 has that of 4gig 6gig and 8gig?
Yourfav:
Camon17 get 6gb ram variant na, even 8gb ram sef. Check the specs from reliable sites
Re: Tecno CAMON 17 Review: The Compromise, Ridiculous! by Ajilenu: 6:35am On May 14, 2021
I think the Camon device has different specs. It has 6GB & 8GB variants
Re: Tecno CAMON 17 Review: The Compromise, Ridiculous! by Epass2f: 7:06am On May 14, 2021
Marvel6233:
Area afa., I don show again. But this time I de here with the latest Tecno Camon 17. I know some of you would love to buy one of the Camon 17 series ( Tecno Camon 17, Camon 17P and Camon 17 Pro) for yourself.

Since I've been using the Tecno Camon 17, I've noticed some ish. But that's not to forget some cool features the smartphone offers too. The Camon 17 is powered by MediaTek helio G85 chipset/Processor which is slightly better in CPU and GPU than the Helio G80.

So my gaming experience with the smartphone was cool at first. However, the more applications I installed on the device, the slower it gets. Reason is because of the 4GB RAM size. I wonder what stopped Tecno wey make the Camon 17 nor get 6GB RAM self.

Also, the display is 90Hz refresh rate enabled which is cool. In short, I don't think I can still use any smartphone with no high refresh rate these days. Lol.. 90Hz, 120Hz RR rocks. however, the screen resolution is 720p which is wack compared to the 74k price.

The 48MP camera in day time Is good but not incredible. While at night, the Super night mode is a no no no...

You know what? MY Camon 17 Pro Review video is dropping soon. However, with the little time I've spent using it so far, I fit tell you say, if money is not an issue. Abeg, buy the Pro. The value there is insane.

Well, if you have any questions. Drop am below I go answer una.

But when I went through the phone spec I saw it there, it has 6GB RAM even 8GB RAM Variant sef.... angry
Re: Tecno CAMON 17 Review: The Compromise, Ridiculous! by Yourfav: 10:46am On May 14, 2021
iseoluwanimi:
Like the normal camon 17 has that of 4gig 6gig and 8gig?
normal 17 has 4gb and 6gb
Saw it online
Camon 17pro is 8gb ram, 256gb rom
Re: Tecno CAMON 17 Review: The Compromise, Ridiculous! by iseoluwanimi: 8:36pm On May 14, 2021
Thats very cool!
Yourfav:
Saw it online
Re: Tecno CAMON 17 Review: The Compromise, Ridiculous! by Youngokwy(m): 8:57pm On May 14, 2021
[quote author=Marvel6233 post=101653818]Area afa., I don show again. But this time I de here with the latest Tecno Camon 17. I know some of you would love to buy one of the Camon 17 series ( Tecno Camon 17, Camon 17P and Camon 17 Pro) for yourself.

Between this camon 17 and infinix hot 10s which one is the best
Re: Tecno CAMON 17 Review: The Compromise, Ridiculous! by Mohbola(f): 11:31am On May 16, 2021
[quote author=Youngokwy post=101697916][/quote]na three types dey, 6gb and 8gb ram follow the phone come. And e normal with phones say if you load am with apps performance go reduce
Re: Tecno CAMON 17 Review: The Compromise, Ridiculous! by dankwoska: 12:38pm On May 16, 2021
The higher you go the in selecting the variants the more you enjoy... Any phone

1 Like

Re: Tecno CAMON 17 Review: The Compromise, Ridiculous! by Freelancerx: 3:04pm On May 16, 2021
dankwoska:
simple stuff.
Re: Tecno CAMON 17 Review: The Compromise, Ridiculous! by Mohbola(f): 4:03pm On May 16, 2021
Epass2f:

But when I went through the phone spec I saw it there, it has 6GB RAM even 8GB RAM Variant sef.... angry
the Pro is has 8gb RAM
Re: Tecno CAMON 17 Review: The Compromise, Ridiculous! by Kakadancefreak(f): 4:29pm On May 16, 2021
Bros! Abeg where you hear your own from?

Something wey I don dey follow up for this camon17 series for a while.

Like seriously I don dissect this phone.

Probably you re mixing up Spark7p which is even not the storage capacity.

Yourfav:
Re: Tecno CAMON 17 Review: The Compromise, Ridiculous! by hoilakes(m): 5:29pm On May 16, 2021
Oh you mean there's no CAMON 17 variants with 8gig RAM?
Kakadancefreak:

Re: Tecno CAMON 17 Review: The Compromise, Ridiculous! by hoilakes(m): 5:33pm On May 16, 2021
https://www.nairaland.com/6542539/differences-tecno-camon-17-vs#101465738

check this out!
hoilakes:
Oh you mean there's no CAMON 17 variants with 8gig RAM?
Re: Tecno CAMON 17 Review: The Compromise, Ridiculous! by scarycuteface(m): 5:54pm On May 16, 2021
The 8gb RAM on the Camon 17 Pro is the real deal
Re: Tecno CAMON 17 Review: The Compromise, Ridiculous! by scarycuteface(m): 5:55pm On May 16, 2021
Kakadancefreak:

I don't think he is mixing it up. They have 6GB and 8GB

1 Like

Re: Tecno CAMON 17 Review: The Compromise, Ridiculous! by donbenie(m): 6:10pm On May 16, 2021
As usual..

TRASHION Marketeers have swarmed this thread,like Flys to a dung.. grin

1 Like

Re: Tecno CAMON 17 Review: The Compromise, Ridiculous! by Youngokwy(m): 6:28pm On May 16, 2021
Yourfav:
Saw it online
no camon 17 is 4gb ,camon 17p 6gb and camon 17 pro 8gb

1 Like

Re: Tecno CAMON 17 Review: The Compromise, Ridiculous! by Niswayne19: 8:38pm On May 16, 2021
Youngokwy:

You are right
Re: Tecno CAMON 17 Review: The Compromise, Ridiculous! by Principalw: 10:57pm On May 16, 2021
Get the spec of the phone from reliable sources and get correct information.
Re: Tecno CAMON 17 Review: The Compromise, Ridiculous! by Eyanbahose: 9:51am On May 17, 2021
This cam on 17 series has lots of variants o
Re: Tecno CAMON 17 Review: The Compromise, Ridiculous! by Eyanbahose: 9:52am On May 17, 2021
Kakadancefreak:

it actually has those variants that guy talked about.
Re: Tecno CAMON 17 Review: The Compromise, Ridiculous! by Eyanbahose: 9:53am On May 17, 2021
donbenie:
As usual..

TRASHION Marketeers have swarmed this thread,like Flys to a dung.. grin
allow people air their views abeg
Re: Tecno CAMON 17 Review: The Compromise, Ridiculous! by Corroro: 1:09pm On May 17, 2021
this is just what it is, you have said it all
dankwoska:
Re: Tecno CAMON 17 Review: The Compromise, Ridiculous! by donbenie(m): 2:58pm On May 17, 2021
Eyanbahose:
Lol..

People..

Abi Marketeers?

There are differences..

Between a congregation of Consumers..

And a Bevy of Marketeers.. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tecno CAMON 17 Review: The Compromise, Ridiculous! by Breastfeed: 7:55am On May 18, 2021
nice review, but you should have tried this with both the 6gb ram and 8gb ram version
Re: Tecno CAMON 17 Review: The Compromise, Ridiculous! by Yourfav: 1:10pm On May 19, 2021
Youngokwy:
exactly what I said
Re: Tecno CAMON 17 Review: The Compromise, Ridiculous! by sunshineV(f): 2:23pm On May 19, 2021
Eyanbahose:
people? abi a person with 10 monikers

1 Like

Re: Tecno CAMON 17 Review: The Compromise, Ridiculous! by Epass2f: 9:21am On May 20, 2021
Mohbola:
the Pro is has 8gb RAM

Yea..!!! You are ryt.. thanks smiley
Re: Tecno CAMON 17 Review: The Compromise, Ridiculous! by Eyanbahose: 7:12am On May 22, 2021
donbenie:
Lol..

People..

Abi Marketeers?

There are differences..

Between a congregation of Consumers..

And a Bevy of Marketeers.. grin
very true. Well, it is what it is.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gadget Purchase: Are Nairaland Escrow's A Disaster Waiting To Happen. / How To Reduce Data Exhaustion On Android Devices / My Android Phone Installating Apps Without My Permission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.