Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,298 members, 7,822,481 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

5 Senior Arsenal Players Who Want To Leave The Club After A Nightmare Season - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 5 Senior Arsenal Players Who Want To Leave The Club After A Nightmare Season (38509 Views)

Newcastle Utd Set To Become World's Richest Club After Saudi Takeover / Barcelona inform Luis Suárez that he has to leave the club / 15 Players Who Were Rich Before Football (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Senior Arsenal Players Who Want To Leave The Club After A Nightmare Season by sulaak(m): 2:36pm On May 14, 2021
Vinnie2000:

Very Good!!
Let dis players Leave!!
Xhaka
Willian
Pepe
Lacazette
Aubameyang!!

Those who should Stay!!
Bernd Leno
H.Bellerin

Those who should be Brought!!
Wilfred Zaha
Yres Bissouma
Andre Silva (of E.Frankfurt)
Luis Dunk (of Brighton) or Connor Coady.

Those on loan who should be back
A.Maitland Niles
Joe Willock

Zaha - 10 Goals 2 Assists
Pepe - 12 Goals 7 Assists

Change the manager and you get more out of pepe
Re: 5 Senior Arsenal Players Who Want To Leave The Club After A Nightmare Season by Chloraseptic: 2:53pm On May 14, 2021
Kibbs:
How are giggs and OGS failures?

What has OGS achieved since 3 years ago he took over from Mourinho
Re: 5 Senior Arsenal Players Who Want To Leave The Club After A Nightmare Season by Chloraseptic: 2:56pm On May 14, 2021
Angelfrost:

OGS??! As in Ole Gunnar Soljskaer??!...

You and those who liked your comment know nothing about coaching!

Ole has done exceptionally well! He has improved that team from one season to the other!!! If he wins the Europa, then he has outdone himself!

Check the team he inherited, and the squad he currently has with player improvements all round!!!

This is how people like you destroy good legacies before they have fully taken off!

You are a joker. If Mourinho had done the same thing without adding a single trophy you would call him a failure.. Let alone him winning 2 or three trophies and also finished second in the league yet he got sacked.
Re: 5 Senior Arsenal Players Who Want To Leave The Club After A Nightmare Season by Bimpe29: 3:07pm On May 14, 2021
The poor and subjective handling of Mesut Ozil by Mikel Arteta was truly the beginning of an abysmal performance at Arsenal.
Re: 5 Senior Arsenal Players Who Want To Leave The Club After A Nightmare Season by Angelfrost(m): 3:23pm On May 14, 2021
Chloraseptic:

You are a joker. If Mourinho had done the same thing without adding a single trophy you would call him a failure.. Let alone him winning 2 or three trophies and also finished second in the league yet he got sacked.

Why then was he sacked??! Why has been sacked in almost every club??!... Would United have sacked him if he was in top 4 that terrible season?!! Would Spurs have let him go if he had finished top 4 even without a trophy??!

Ole will very likely win Europa this season. That still won't mean a damn thing if he has the kind of abysmal season Mourinho had prior to being sacked in Man United, Spurs, Chelsea, etc... Football is about consistency and continuity sir. I get am before nor be ownership!

I have nothing against Mourinho (I actually respect the man) but he needs to humble himself and learn from Pep about continuity and legacy! He is past it! The man will likely win a trophy for AS Roma next season, and get sacked the one after that! Does that make sense for a coaching legend??!

Ole is young and on an upward trajectory along with his team (Whether you accept or not)! I never said he is ahead of Mourinho. You know why you felt the need to bring him into this mix... United has a long way to go in terms of rebuilding their faded glory, same as Milan, Barcelona, Napoli, Monaco, just name it!

This is the reality of today's football... Once your team is in an upward transition, you don't rock the boat out of sentiments and noise from "Plastic fans"!

Leicester is another example of a team on an upward curve since sacking the very coach who won them that miracle or 'fluke' EPL title!!!
Re: 5 Senior Arsenal Players Who Want To Leave The Club After A Nightmare Season by Vinnie2000(m): 3:25pm On May 14, 2021
sulaak:

Zaha - 10 Goals 2 Assists
Pepe - 12 Goals 7 Assists

Change the manager and you get more out of pepe

It's unthinkable to be comparing Pepe to Wilfred Zaha!!
Zaha is strong, aggressive, and can dribble past players!!
Pepe is Languid, Talentless!! Sometimes, can't control d ball or his runs, Doesn't have speed, can't dribble, scores tap-ins that deceives fans like you!!

Dat Boy is a Fraud!! A ridiculous waste of 72million pounds!!
Even Iheanacho n Samuel Chukwueze re way Better dan him!!

Again, dat 12 goals, is it in EPL?? undecided
Cos Zaha's 10 re EPL goals..

1 Like

Re: 5 Senior Arsenal Players Who Want To Leave The Club After A Nightmare Season by Chloraseptic: 3:39pm On May 14, 2021
Angelfrost:

Why then was he sacked??! Why has been sacked in almost every club??!... Would United have sacked him if he was in top 4 that terrible season?!! Would Spurs have let him go if he had finished top 4 even without a trophy??!

Ole will very likely win Europa this season. That still won't mean a damn thing if he has the kind of abysmal season Mourinho had prior to being sacked in Man United, Spurs, Chelsea, etc... Football is about consistency and continuity sir. I get am before nor be ownership!

I have nothing against Mourinho (I actually respect the man) but he needs to humble himself and learn from Pep about continuity and legacy! He is past it! The man will likely win a trophy for AS Roma next season, and get sacked the one after that! Does that make sense for a coaching legend??!

Ole is young and on an upward trajectory along with his team (Whether you accept or not)! I never said he is ahead of Mourinho. You know why you felt the need to bring him into this mix... United has a long way to go in terms of rebuilding their faded glory, same as Milan, Barcelona, Napoli, Monaco, just name it!

This is the reality of today's football... Once your team is in an upward transition, you don't rock the boat out of sentiments and noise from "Plastic fans"!

Leicester is another example of a team on an upward curve since sacking the very coach who won them that miracle or 'fluke' EPL title!!!

Dude the fact that OGS hasn't been sacked yet doesn't make him any genius in continuity. What is he even continuing.

Isn't this the first time he's finishing 2nd and his ever first final.. So where is the consistency.

United Board would rather sack Mourinho for winning champions league and finishing third in the league the following season than sack one of their own for finishing second two seasons in a role.

OGS wouldn't get to a quarter of a season in Barca, Madrid, Juve, Chelsea, PSG, and Man city before getting sacked...

Lampard would still be employed if he was at United and a former Player..
Re: 5 Senior Arsenal Players Who Want To Leave The Club After A Nightmare Season by Angelfrost(m): 3:52pm On May 14, 2021
Chloraseptic:

Dude the fact that OGS hasn't been sacked yet doesn't make him any genius in continuity. What is he even continuing.

Isn't this the first time he's finishing 2nd and his ever first final.. So where is the consistency.

United Board would rather sack Mourinho for winning champions league and finishing third in the league the following season than sack one of their own for finishing second two seasons in a role.

OGS wouldn't get to a quarter of a season in Barca, Madrid, Juve, Chelsea, PSG, and Man city before getting sacked...

Lampard would still be employed if he was at United and a former Player..

You are not being objective at all... Arteta has won a couple of trophies since taking over Arsenal, does that make him a good coach??!

The fact that you are even comparing or equating Lampard with OGS tells me that you really have a lot to learn about football management.

We are done here!!! Peace!
Re: 5 Senior Arsenal Players Who Want To Leave The Club After A Nightmare Season by Chloraseptic: 4:05pm On May 14, 2021
Angelfrost:

You are not being objective at all... Arteta has won a couple of trophies since taking over Arsenal, does that make him a good coach??!

The fact that you are even comparing or equating Lampard with OGS tells me that you really have a lot to learn about football management.

We are done here!!! Peace!

There's no much difference between Lampard and OGS. It's just that Lampard had an employer who is mercilessly emotionally towards employees regardless of them being former players or not.

Yeah Arteta could get sacked today just after 1yr and would be remember as more successful than OGS who might for instance go ahead and spend a decade without a trophy..
Re: 5 Senior Arsenal Players Who Want To Leave The Club After A Nightmare Season by sulaak(m): 4:30pm On May 14, 2021
Vinnie2000:

Pepe is Languid, Talentless!! Sometimes, can't control d ball or his runs, Doesn't have speed, can't dribble, scores tap-ins that deceives fans like you!!

In 2019 Zaha was on the market for £80 million pounds for a winger that rarely scores goals or has limited assists.

Pepe is a far better player than Zaha, Pepe unfortunately is in a team led by a novice manager called Arteta.

Arteta managed to turn Willian from a winger that scores 10 goals a season with 10 assists into a bit-part player, the same can be said about Aubu.

Read Tuchel's comments about Auba's weakness with Timekeeping and how BVB managed it ...

https://www.espn.com/soccer/chelsea-eng ... lls-tuchel

Chelsea boss Thomas Tuchel has said he used to lie to Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang about when meetings were held at Borussia Dortmund to help with his timekeeping, and questioned how the Arsenal striker kept his driving licence during their time together in Germany.

Tuchel joined Dortmund in 2015 where he managed Aubameyang for two years and together they won the DFB-Pokal in 2017 with the forward also topping the Bundesliga goal-scoring charts.

Aubameyang has largely continued that prolific form since moving to the Gunners in January 2018, although his form has dipped during the current campaign, which has been complicated by off-field problems including being dropped for March's north London derby win over Tottenham Hotspur having reported late to the training ground before the match.

Ahead of their reunion on Wednesday when Arsenal visit Stamford Bridge in the Premier League, Tuchel was full of praise for Aubameyang but suggested this was far from the first time the 31-year-old had issues with punctuality.

"That's not his strength, to be absolutely on time," Tuchel said. "He was pretty much the only one so when we wanted him to be on time, we just told him the meeting was 10.45 a.m. [when] the meeting was 11:00 a.m.. Then we had a good chance he is there with everybody else!

"And you could hear him, you could hear the car from far. In the last kilometre, you could always hear [the car's engine], we could prepare everything and start the video because he will soon arrive!

"I don't know and I still don't know how he managed to keep his driving licence throughout the two years in his pocket because from the sound of the car I don't know if he was always on the speed limit and he was always on the last minute!

"That's him. It is hard to be really mad at the guy because he comes with a big smile, he opens his heart, he gives his excuse to everybody and OK, we could accept to have one or two guys like this in a team.

"It is not the biggest problem. At the same time, don't forget he was a top, top professional. I don't think he missed any training session, he never sneaked off the training pitch one minute too early. The opposite. When he was dressed, he was ready. It was nice to have him."

Tuchel attitude is markedly different to Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta's reaction to Aubameyang's poor timekeeping, dropping him from Arsenal's starting line-up for what was determined a "breach of pre-match protocols."

Aubameyang's relationship with Arteta has appeared strained during a difficult season in which his mother fell ill and he has battled malaria but by contrast, Tuchel claims he still feels a strong bond with the Gabon international.
Re: 5 Senior Arsenal Players Who Want To Leave The Club After A Nightmare Season by JastSiryin(m): 4:37pm On May 14, 2021
I would gladly drive them to the airport. Good riddance!
Re: 5 Senior Arsenal Players Who Want To Leave The Club After A Nightmare Season by sulaak(m): 4:38pm On May 14, 2021
Vinnie2000:

In 2019 Zaha was on the market for £80 million pounds for a winger that rarely scores goals or has limited assists.

Pepe is a far better player than Zaha, Pepe unfortunately is in a team led by a novice manager called Arteta.
It's very hard to deceive me because unlike you I base my analysis on facts, it Bielsa that headhunted Pepe to join Lille, in Pepe first season at Lille he scored 13 goals and in his second season, he scored 22 goals.

When a coach of the calibre of Bielsa spend 1 year studying a player you know he rarely makes a mistake, the mistake is Pepe joining a club like Arsenal for a fraudulently inflated fee of £72 million.

Pepe at best is a £30-40 million player but the rot and corruption is so deep, imagine hiring a coach that has zero experience.

Arteta managed to turn Willian from a winger that scores 10 goals a season with 10 assists into a bit-part player, the same can be said about Aubu.

Read Tuchel's comments about Auba's weakness with Timekeeping and how BVB managed it ...

https://www.espn.com/soccer/chelsea-eng ... lls-tuchel

Chelsea boss Thomas Tuchel has said he used to lie to Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang about when meetings were held at Borussia Dortmund to help with his timekeeping, and questioned how the Arsenal striker kept his driving licence during their time together in Germany.

Tuchel joined Dortmund in 2015 where he managed Aubameyang for two years and together they won the DFB-Pokal in 2017 with the forward also topping the Bundesliga goal-scoring charts.

Aubameyang has largely continued that prolific form since moving to the Gunners in January 2018, although his form has dipped during the current campaign, which has been complicated by off-field problems including being dropped for March's north London derby win over Tottenham Hotspur having reported late to the training ground before the match.

Ahead of their reunion on Wednesday when Arsenal visit Stamford Bridge in the Premier League, Tuchel was full of praise for Aubameyang but suggested this was far from the first time the 31-year-old had issues with punctuality.

"That's not his strength, to be absolutely on time," Tuchel said. "He was pretty much the only one so when we wanted him to be on time, we just told him the meeting was 10.45 a.m. [when] the meeting was 11:00 a.m.. Then we had a good chance he is there with everybody else!

"And you could hear him, you could hear the car from far. In the last kilometre, you could always hear [the car's engine], we could prepare everything and start the video because he will soon arrive!

"I don't know and I still don't know how he managed to keep his driving licence throughout the two years in his pocket because from the sound of the car I don't know if he was always on the speed limit and he was always on the last minute!

"That's him. It is hard to be really mad at the guy because he comes with a big smile, he opens his heart, he gives his excuse to everybody and OK, we could accept to have one or two guys like this in a team.

"It is not the biggest problem. At the same time, don't forget he was a top, top professional. I don't think he missed any training session, he never sneaked off the training pitch one minute too early. The opposite. When he was dressed, he was ready. It was nice to have him."

Tuchel attitude is markedly different to Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta's reaction to Aubameyang's poor timekeeping, dropping him from Arsenal's starting line-up for what was determined a "breach of pre-match protocols."

Aubameyang's relationship with Arteta has appeared strained during a difficult season in which his mother fell ill and he has battled malaria but by contrast, Tuchel claims he still feels a strong bond with the Gabon international.
Re: 5 Senior Arsenal Players Who Want To Leave The Club After A Nightmare Season by Reference(m): 5:01pm On May 14, 2021
LPP
Chloraseptic:
You sacked an old man with experience and started employing rookie coaches and you want the club to move forward...

Employing EPL former players will always be a disaster, they know nothing about coaching. All they are good at is running their mouths analysing coaches and players..

Lampard, Neville, OGS, Arteta, Scholes, Giggs and Henry have all been a failure so far..

I'm still observing Gerrard.

Arsenal needs such a chap in the dugout. Honest and hard as nails. Won't tolerate half the crap Arteta's shovelling.
Re: 5 Senior Arsenal Players Who Want To Leave The Club After A Nightmare Season by Thebigheart: 5:05pm On May 14, 2021
Kingluqman:
Lol, my team don pafuka!!!

But na ogun go kill Willian oo, so after he score just 1 goal in more than 15 appearances.
Na soap dem take use sell that guy give us grin
Willian that was playing well in Chelsea has now turn to na soap them take sell am for you. Using him in a wrong role.
Re: 5 Senior Arsenal Players Who Want To Leave The Club After A Nightmare Season by Godada(m): 5:48pm On May 14, 2021
omonnakoda:
Not true.
You have the internet at your fingertips and still persist in spouting ignorance?

Can you give dates when these happened?
Do you know how old Iniesta is ?

Iniesta Started his Senior Career at Barca in 2002

Messi Started his Senior Career at Barca in 2004
Guardiola coached Barca from 2008-2012

He coached Barca Team B from 2007-2008

So please explicarme this your breaking news

Thank you very much for your conjucture. I guess this information you flourished added more zeros to your bank account
Re: 5 Senior Arsenal Players Who Want To Leave The Club After A Nightmare Season by omonnakoda: 6:09pm On May 14, 2021
Godada:

Thank you very much for your conjucture. I guess this information you flourished added more zeros to your bank account
You will not add many zeros to yours with this attitude young man.
If you want to talk about zeros on bank accounts create a thread for that . I will educate you for free if you demonstrate apropos humility. For now you are just an ignorant, churlish young man with a nasty attitude all the ingredients for an inconsequential future
I doubt you know the meaning of the word FLUORISH
Re: 5 Senior Arsenal Players Who Want To Leave The Club After A Nightmare Season by Mryacks: 6:31pm On May 14, 2021
Re: 5 Senior Arsenal Players Who Want To Leave The Club After A Nightmare Season by Leo588(m): 6:34pm On May 14, 2021
A prayer request for Arsenal
Re: 5 Senior Arsenal Players Who Want To Leave The Club After A Nightmare Season by Godada(m): 6:47pm On May 14, 2021
omonnakoda:
You will not add many to your with this attitude young man.
If you want to talk about zeros on bank accounts create a thread for that . I will educate you for free if you demonstrate apropos humility. For now you are just an ignorant, churlish young man with a nasty attitude all the ingredients for an inconsequential future

It's rather presumptuous to jump to hasty conclusions here. This is a faceless forum and it's distasteful to make misguided assumptions and name calling. Regardless of your flowery eloquence, you exhibit a pettiness that's laughable. It's not everyone you run into you shoot your mouth at. If you are so good at sports analysis host a sports show. You maybe good at making money, but sadly you are poorer than Dangote and one cannot see the richest man in Africa on and off camera insulting a person whose pedestal you know nothing off. It's ridiculously and childish.
Re: 5 Senior Arsenal Players Who Want To Leave The Club After A Nightmare Season by omonnakoda: 6:53pm On May 14, 2021
Godada:

It's rather presumptuous to jump to hasty conclusions here. This is a faceless forum and it's distasteful to make misguided assumptions. It's not everyone you run into you shoot your mouth at. If you are so good at sports analysis host a sports show. You maybe good at making money, but sadly you are poorer than Dangote and one cannot see the richest man in Africa on and off camera insulting a person whose pedestal you know nothing off. It's ridiculously and childish.
We are here to talk football on this thread . You made some silly claims and were corrected . Instead of accepting that gracefully you are derailing to talk about bank accounts. That is what is really childish
Back to football
Guardiola did not bring Messi or Iniesta to Barca neither did he promote them from the feeder team as you falsely claimed.
Now the adult thing to do would be to either keep quiet or retract . But childish hubris and your manifest nasty attitude made you start talking about bank accounts
If you adhered to your own advice about this being a faceless forum you would not bring that up
Open a dictionary and check the meaning of the word FLUORISH it is not clear that you know what it means
Re: 5 Senior Arsenal Players Who Want To Leave The Club After A Nightmare Season by Godada(m): 7:00pm On May 14, 2021
omonnakoda:
We are here to talk football on this thread . You made some silly claims and were corrected . Instead of accepting that gracefully you are derailing to talk about bank accounts. That is what is really childish
Back to football
Guardiola did not bring Messi or Iniesta to Barca neither did he promote them from the feeder team as you falsely claimed.
Now the adult thing to do would be to either keep quiet or retract . But childish hubris and your manifest nasty attitude made you start talking about bank accounts
If you adhered to your own advice about this being a faceless forum you would not bring that up
Open a dictionary and check the meaning of the word FLUORISH it is not clear that you know what it means

Your spelling is terrible. Back to the matter that you raised: you want to teach me how to make money: go and teach your kinsmen in your village how to make money. It's your type that jumps to fight on the least provocation but the richest UFC fighter made $180m.
Re: 5 Senior Arsenal Players Who Want To Leave The Club After A Nightmare Season by omonnakoda: 7:03pm On May 14, 2021
Godada:

Your spelling is terrible. Back to the matter that you raised: you want to teach me how to make money: go and teach your kinsmen in your village how to make money. It's your type that jumps to fight on the least provocation but the richest UFC fighter made $180m.
I do not come from a village. So probably you and your kinsmen would benefit more from the advice .
The issue here is your attitude. You made a foolish claim and are too proud to admit you were wrong and try to change the subject with a childish diversion about money. What is your business with my bank account? How is that relevant?
Re: 5 Senior Arsenal Players Who Want To Leave The Club After A Nightmare Season by Godada(m): 7:07pm On May 14, 2021
omonnakoda:

I do not come from a village. So probably you and your kinsmen would benefit more from the advice .
The issue here is your attitude. You made a foolish claim and are too proud to admit you were wrong and try to change the subject with a childish diversion about money. What is your business with my bank account? How is that relevant?

The problem here is your power of comprehension. No one argues with hard facts but you made unpardonable assumptions here. Do you think you are talking to a street urchin? Compose yourself with dignity and stop forming like a rabid dog
Re: 5 Senior Arsenal Players Who Want To Leave The Club After A Nightmare Season by omonnakoda: 7:08pm On May 14, 2021
Godada:

The problem here is your power of comprehension. No one argues with hard facts but you made unpardonable assumptions here. Do you think you are talking to a street urchin? Compose yourself with dignity and stop forming like a rabid dog
Street urchins reveal themselves . Just shake the tree a little and pent up anger and frustration is evident for all
Re: 5 Senior Arsenal Players Who Want To Leave The Club After A Nightmare Season by iampeterben(m): 7:38pm On May 14, 2021
Leave to where?
Re: 5 Senior Arsenal Players Who Want To Leave The Club After A Nightmare Season by AMBURSAA(m): 7:45pm On May 14, 2021
I LOVE OZIL
Re: 5 Senior Arsenal Players Who Want To Leave The Club After A Nightmare Season by Thazard(m): 9:25pm On May 14, 2021
Isrealg:
Luiz and Willian should leave already, they are part of the problem

Arsenal should stop collecting free players from Chelsea

Xhaka own is to collect cards
cheesy
Re: 5 Senior Arsenal Players Who Want To Leave The Club After A Nightmare Season by majamajic(m): 5:03am On May 15, 2021
Mikekan30:

Mumu..our worst season we beat Chelsea home and away... and might even finish 6th

Shefeild United beat man United
Re: 5 Senior Arsenal Players Who Want To Leave The Club After A Nightmare Season by Teymanhenry(f): 7:42am On May 15, 2021
Arsenal should keep all these out going players. Make quality signing and create competition among players so to push them to the limit. Sacking Arteta is like going in circles. Does the club really have a planned project??
Re: 5 Senior Arsenal Players Who Want To Leave The Club After A Nightmare Season by DaddyYankee: 5:35pm On May 16, 2021
[s]
SouthSouth1914:

Successful players are usually failed coaches on the big stage!

Henry
Maradona (Exceptionally talented player) RIP.
Lampard

ETC.
[/s]Shut up
Re: 5 Senior Arsenal Players Who Want To Leave The Club After A Nightmare Season by DaddyYankee: 5:35pm On May 16, 2021
[s]
SouthSouth1914:

Successful players are usually failed coaches on the big stage!

Henry
Maradona (Exceptionally talented player) RIP.
Lampard

ETC.
[/s]Shut up

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Taiwo Awoniyi Set For Union Berlin Return Just 28 Days After Joining Nottingham / AC Milan To Sue Yusupha Yaffa Over Age Falsification / Brighton & Hove Albion Vs Manchester United (3 - 2) On 19th August 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.