Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,151 members, 7,953,565 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:10 PM

Who Is Your Family? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Who Is Your Family? (293 Views)

Top 4 Suvs For Your Family(keyword: 2023 Honda Pilot And 2023 Lexus RX) / Health For You And Your Family / The best way to protect your family and property in case of fire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Who Is Your Family? by okoriejeremiah(m): 7:08am On May 14, 2021
YOUR FAMILY REMAINS YOUR FAMILY.

Read through �

I have seen some people try to change the primary meaning of 'FAMILY' for peculiar reasons. It is important we set the record straight in acknowledging the original lexical meaning of the word "Family"

Originally, Family is a group of people who are closely related by BLOOD, MARRIAGE OR ADOPTION, ~ take note of the words in uppercase. Obviously, English words can have more than one meaning, however, there's usually a primary meaning to every word.

This post aims at addressing misconceptions people have about what or who a family really is. Good Friends and those who make your life more meaningful do not remove the place of your primary family.

Yes, of course, there are good family members and there exist bad ones. Some friends, or what people may call "Random people" may be more useful/helpful than one's immediate family. But they are who/what they are, while your family remains what it is.

Take for instance, that your biological parents, uncles or siblings are poor and could not meet your financial needs. Or, that they are rich but elect not to help you; and someone you're not related to offered you the help you couldn't get from your immediate family, it does not change your DNA one bit.

Whether rich, poor, ugly, wicked or helpful, your family remains your family. The 100 million naira a friend gifts you doesn't automatically change your SURNAME. Even if you legally denounce your family name for any reason, they remain your family by BLOOD.

FAMILY IS FAMILY, GOOD FRIENDS AND "DESTINY HELPERS" ARE WHO THEY ARE.

Don't get it twisted!

Comr Jeremiah Okorie
Re: Who Is Your Family? by phorget(m): 7:14am On May 14, 2021
okoriejeremiah:
YOUR FAMILY REMAINS YOUR FAMILY.

Read through �

I have seen some people try to change the primary meaning of 'FAMILY' for peculiar reasons. It is important we set the record straight in acknowledging the original lexical meaning of the word "Family"

Originally, Family is a group of people who are closely related by BLOOD, MARRIAGE OR ADOPTION, ~ take note of the words in uppercase. Obviously, English words can have more than one meaning, however, there's usually a primary meaning to every word.

This post aims at addressing misconceptions people have about what or who a family really is. Good Friends and those who make your life more meaningful do not remove the place of your primary family.

Yes, of course, there are good family members and there exist bad ones. Some friends, or what people may call "Random people" may be more useful/helpful than one's immediate family. But they are who/what they are, while your family remains what it is.

Take for instance, that your biological parents, uncles or siblings are poor and could not meet your financial needs. Or, that they are rich but elect not to help you; and someone you're not related to offered you the help you couldn't get from your immediate family, it does not change your DNA one bit.

Whether rich, poor, ugly, wicked or helpful, your family remains your family. The 100 million naira a friend gifts you doesn't automatically change your SURNAME. Even if you legally denounce your family name for any reason, they remain your family by BLOOD.

FAMILY IS FAMILY, GOOD FRIENDS AND "DESTINY HELPERS" ARE WHO THEY ARE.

Don't get it twisted!

Comr Jeremiah Okorie

My family is someone who understands me, it doesn't matter if we are related by blood.
I can choose to ADOPT anyone into my family fold, after all the word "ADOPTION" did qualify one to become a family.
Do you expect me to be rolling with some stupid mofos just because we are related by blood?

(1) (Reply)

Who Do You Call First When You Run Into Trouble? / Nigeria Latest News From The Truth Dailies / Watch Nengi And Kiddwaya Kissing, Why I Beat Kaisha - Lucy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.