Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,058 members, 7,828,726 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:23 PM

Bende Police Station Attack Barbaric - Reps Spokesperson - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Bende Police Station Attack Barbaric - Reps Spokesperson (417 Views)

UPDATE: Gunmen Attack Bende Police Station In Abia, Raze Down Building (VIDEO) / Gunmen Attack Bende Police Station In Abia, Raze Down Building / Orji Police Station Attack In Owerri, Hoodlums Share Weapons (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Bende Police Station Attack Barbaric - Reps Spokesperson by Metrix147: 8:18am On May 14, 2021
Member representing Bende federal constituency, Hon. Benjamin Kalu has expressed dissatisfaction over incessant attacks on security formations, public properties, and security personnel across the country, particularly in Southeast and South-South regions of the country, describing the burning of Bende police station as barbaric.

According to Hon. Kalu who doubles as Spokesperson of the House of Representatives, the latest attack is a ploy to destroy the peace the community enjoys at the moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhttinsYdS0
He said, "I am deeply saddened by the unfortunate incidents happening in our communities. It has indeed become a matter of urgency to curb these issues and bring them to a halt.

In a statement on Thursday, he said "As with any issues of violence, I totally condemn the attack on the Bende Police Station by unknown gunmen on the 12th of May 2021. This would be recorded as the third attack in the constituency in two months. It is indeed barbaric and an obvious ploy to destroy the peace of the community.

"As a result of the past incidents, plans were already in motion with the DPO for better security before this incident happened. Sadly, the Police in Bende Federal Constituency is overwhelmed due to lack of adequate manpower to police a constituency of that size. It is unacceptable that only seven policemen or less were in charge of a station of that size. A situation where the community leaders have to contribute to build a police station is not acceptable.

"I call on all security agencies to take intelligence more seriously as this could have been prevented by acting on intelligence reports. I also encourage the youths of Bende to be vigilant against those who seek to destroy lives and properties in our communities as plans.

"While I prevail upon the National Assembly and the Security Committees to ensure that these ugly security situations are handled with appropriate measures, I am calling on stakeholders to have an emergency meeting soon to strategize on possible areas to support our security groups in curbing this menace.

"I assure the people of Bende that these hoodlums will be unmasked and security measures put in place to prevent subsequent incidents."

Source: https://abntv.com.ng/2021/05/bende-police-station-attack-barbaric-says-hon-benjamin-kalu/

Cc; lalasticlala, Mynd44, Seun, OAM4J, Ishilove

Re: Bende Police Station Attack Barbaric - Reps Spokesperson by FrigoDesign: 8:21am On May 14, 2021
Again and a again ??

(1) (Reply)

Marwa: NDLEA Arrested 2,175 Suspects Seized N90bn Drugs, Over Four Months – Marw / One Chance!! / Since Today Is Sunday.. How Can I achieve this? Don't Laugh!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.