Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,006 members, 7,821,525 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:21 PM

POMA University, A Fraudulent And Fake University- Ex Student. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / POMA University, A Fraudulent And Fake University- Ex Student. (4102 Views)

Nigeria Maritime University: A Place To Visit (Photos) / Veritas University: A Look At The School Fees Structure (photos) / Ex-student Shows His Bsc After Covenant University Failed Release His Transcript (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

POMA University, A Fraudulent And Fake University- Ex Student. by Usherbidex(m): 10:03am On May 14, 2021
Abuja May 12, 2021

A former student of POMA University, situated at Dalemo, Alakuko, Lagos State, Miss Janet has called on the Government and its relevant regulatory agencies to investigate the unwholesome activities going at the university.

Janet is a former student of POMA University, who was issued a Fake Degree Certificate and Professional Certificate from POMA who later left to actualised her educational quest in another University, but narrated her ordeal after waiting endlessly for NYSC Mobilization.

According to her, what she experienced while on Educational voyage by secondment to POMA University, should be a thing to worry about and advised vulnarable intending students to look before they leap.

She also challenged the Government of Nigeria and Benin Republic respectively, especially those agencies of government saddled with responsibility of setting standard for education to live up to their responsibilities.

In her words. ''Subjecting innocent student to go through her experience doesn't portrait the government in a good light.

''Sadly, I received my Certificate(Fake) since 2019 from POMA University but they could not mobilize me for mandatory NYSC service because the University did not get statutory clearance and approval for operation''.

After series of investigation, we found out that POMA University is not Accredited by the Ministry of Higher Education, Benin Republic.

Upon investigation from the Ministry of Higher Education, Republic of Benin, it was noted that the University is not Accredited in Benin Republic, though they often showcase a forged Accredited Number which the ministry declined and most of the Professional Certificates it issued are not registered.

After making us pay huge sum of about #200,000 for NYSC Mobilization, they failed to do the needful and till date, all effort to recover back our monies proof abortive.

The School does not have any reasonable activities in the address stated on their websites as Africa Campus even though it operates from a small unauthorized building at AT IFELAJA ROAD, DALEMO ALAKUKO LAGOS..

In the past, it has been reported that POMA University or POMA Business University have been engaging in dubious Collection of monies from members of the public in pretence to mobilise them for NYSC, yet many of this innocent students were never mobilized.

We urged the members of the public to stop patronising this institution characterised by unwholesome activities. POMA University is a disaster waiting to happen if the Governments of Nigeria and Benin Republic, do not take decisive action to shut down its operations.

Re: POMA University, A Fraudulent And Fake University- Ex Student. by Solsix(m): 11:08am On May 14, 2021
Which one be poma university again?? The name supposed dey tell u to make inquiry

2 Likes

Re: POMA University, A Fraudulent And Fake University- Ex Student. by fuckingAyaya(m): 4:34pm On May 14, 2021
I my the only one hearing PUNNA university in my mind

1 Like

Re: POMA University, A Fraudulent And Fake University- Ex Student. by Cerebellum: 9:09pm On May 14, 2021
fuckingAyaya:
I my the only one hearing PUNNA university in my mind

Lol..lol

You're a Damnn Niggaagrin

1 Like

Re: POMA University, A Fraudulent And Fake University- Ex Student. by Nobody: 5:35am On May 15, 2021
In summary...

Once you are foolish, you are foolish.

There can be no two ways about it.

She had better stop ranting this minute.
Re: POMA University, A Fraudulent And Fake University- Ex Student. by Ayonicky: 7:36pm On Jan 19, 2022
Poma University has never bn a scam Miss Janet. I'm a bonafide student of the university from the department of computer science.

Our students are currently serving across Nigeria. I'm sorry I don't know how you came across of this sudden stories and allegation of a fake certificate.

Here are pictures of our students who are currently serving across Nigeria...

2 Shares

Re: POMA University, A Fraudulent And Fake University- Ex Student. by Israelolumide: 8:38pm On Jan 19, 2022
Please note Poma university is not fake institution, am a product of this noble institution which am forever grateful for the knowledge and opportunity to learn from experienced instructors, as you will be model to be innovative in your field/course of study.

I won't have the opportunity to occupy the position as chief accountant in one of the organisation owned by a multi billionaire in Osun State.

Please let's make our research before publicizing any news, you can get info of accredited university without calling anyone online, If you choose to make your findings via call, am certain Poma is one of the accredited university in Benin republic and recognized in Nigeria. If am not mistaken I can mention three senior lecturers who obtain MSC/PHD in this institution and are senior lecturers in Nigeria institutions.

You can call the Ministry of education in Abuja to clarify this.

Say No False information!!!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: POMA University, A Fraudulent And Fake University- Ex Student. by Burgman: 9:27pm On Jan 19, 2022
My Name is Awosanya Oluwatomiwa John( matric no PIBU /14/03/MEC/200) ,a bonafide and a qualified graduate of POMA university . I graduated in the year 2019 from the department of mechanical engineering (college of science and technology).

Furthermore, I was the student union council president (2018/2019 academic session) .My university "POMA UNIVERSITY" is no fake at all ,the 5 years I spent in the school has being so real, challenging and unique all the same because my institution is NO place for "SHORT CUT TO SUCCESS " you have to work hard for your grades ,due to hardworking and well certified lecturers and a management team we have .

Poma university is a well accredited university in Benin Republic,and also highly recognised by NUC and NYSC in Nigeria .Poma university is the only private English speaking university in Benin Republic allowed to practice "ENGINEERING "and LAW...Just to cut it all short POMA UNIVERSITY has produced many qualified graduates ,that have undergone their NYSC ,and those that are undergoing theirs presently ,and many that will surely undergo theirs in future..

POMA UNIVERSITY is an academic institution that will surely recommend to all others and pick all over again if I'm chanced to be undergraduate once again.

Longlive PU
Longlive S.U.R
Longlive Republic of Benin
Longlive Republic of Nigeria

Cc.Hon.Chancellor

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: POMA University, A Fraudulent And Fake University- Ex Student. by Atundejoshua: 9:58pm On Jan 19, 2022
Life isn't all about jumping to assumptions without an evidence or proper findings ,hmm. miss Janet I will firstly say am sorry for your misfortune coming across fake people , fake university , fake certificate, or wat so ever.anybody can be scammed by anybody and you carrying false news about poma university is bad ma, bcas this same school you are carrying false news about is my school , well accredited by the ministry of higher education republic of benin,nuc,nysc, Association of Africa university and more , for more evidence am with the matric number pibu/18/01/mec/129 from the college of health sciences and engineering technology , poma university has always been real and will for ever be .Am also glad to tell you that this same university you are condemning have been able to produce an outstanding , outspoken and brain Wise students, which are in better post today and some of them are still in the youth services Corp right now as I speak .

I will love to ask you this question miss jennet ,wen you encounter this problem what were ur actions ?
Did you even try to get more info about the school or even the geneuness bfr condemning it ?
Did you make any means of trying to even reach any of the management , the VC or the Chancellor of the university physically or through internet?
Did you check their status to know more about them or the caliber of people they're if they are real or fake?
Bfor making this allegations did you even try to get the real person that gave you this fake results or the person you get in touch with that cause all these and he or she said his a member of the institution?
Bfr this fake rumors have their been any filled case at the police station to arest the criminal that sold you a result or even a say in court of law that says poma university is fake?
Please how many people were there as an evidence wen you were receiving lecture or wen the results were given to you?
Did you do matriculation or convocation ?
In ur write up ma ,am only able to see written work without evidence from the ministry u said you make investigations from.if this was true then I think there should be a lot of evidence to back it up .
I have so many questions in my head to ask you ma , but with this few ma ,If proven true with a concrete evidence then u can continue but if false an apology is needed from you to be tendered made know to the world ,for defermation of name .

Poma university home of all ,av never regretted been a poma student and will never be.
God bless poma God bless me.
Great poma student I think this is the time to stand up and fight for ur institution saying no to false information!!!!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: POMA University, A Fraudulent And Fake University- Ex Student. by coinowner: 10:31pm On Jan 19, 2022
"Don't post false information on Nairaland."

There are rules that guide posting on this forum. I just opened with rule number 8, which this post had just violated.

To call an institution a fake is a serious allegation. And when your allegation is spurious and libelous; that's a serious crime.

It is your duty to confirm and investigate every detail of your content before publishing. If you had anything doing with journalism, i expect you to know this.

First, who is this fictional Janet of yours?

Did she belong to a faculty and a department when she was in the school she claimed to be a graduate of?

Did she have a matric number?

I believe a real ex-student should have all these previously questioned details.

Wíth a little research, you'd probably have known there's no such person in the so-called 2019 set. I know this because I was a student of the so-called fake university.

So, believe it when I tell you there was never anybody like Janet before, during, and after the period you mentioned.

And there was never a time the school failed to mobilize students for the NYSC. Check your facts.

Unfortunately, this was published a long time ago, and you've probably achieved your objective. Whatever that might be.

But for your information, and for the sake of others whose sole tool of research is the social media, Poma University is a duly accredited school, recognized by the federal ministry of education.

In fact, the federal ministry of education even has it in its evaluation letter that the degree Poma University awards, is equivalent to the degree awarded by any other university in Nigeria. It is on this basis that Poma students are mobilized for the NYSC service.

I'm sure you have met some students already.

Please, there's a dire need for us to investigate before we commit ourselves to writing, to avoid getting into trouble. Writing like this is also why many people don't take bloggers seriously. After all, you don't need a certificate in journalism to be a blogger.

But for the sake of a platform like this, let's be at least fair to our fellow men.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: POMA University, A Fraudulent And Fake University- Ex Student. by Jimmybone85: 11:23pm On Jan 19, 2022
Am Cole omotayo Christopher, am a graduate of poma University. Poma University is full accredited University. I use the certificate to register for Nigerian Society of Engineers. Which was verified by Coren . Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: POMA University, A Fraudulent And Fake University- Ex Student. by coinowner: 7:58am On Jan 20, 2022
In response to this post, I got the permission of another Poma graduate to post this here on his behalf...

"ATTESTATION
First of all I would like to thank the chancellor Prof Dada Olugbenga O.P and the management council of this great institution. Even though, it has been long I wanted to send my appreciation to POMA University for giving the opportunity to be one of the alma mater and which I'm so much proud of.
with your permission Sir, let me attest as to my period of study, honestly it was so great in all ramifications especially my lectures which I so much admired there professionalism in fact they are all fantastic I appreciate them all.
If not because I took a bold decision I wouldn't have been to POMA because i have heard alot from saboteurs, enemies of progress who's intentions is to destroy the good image of this great institution. Thus, he who lifted by God no one can bring him down and if you don't have enemies which means you are not going thing.
Therefore, I'm urging people to debunk all sorts of negativity about the POMA because it has all it takes as University in terms of accreditation and what ever.

Thanks
I remain Murtala Musa Kallamu
ID No: PU/20/01/M.A/PCR/003"

1 Share

Re: POMA University, A Fraudulent And Fake University- Ex Student. by Waliyattemitope: 10:10am On Jan 20, 2022
My Name is Hussein Waliyat Temitope
Matric No: PIBU /17/02/ECO/013
I'm a bonafide and a qualified graduate of POMA University. I graduated in year 2020 from department of Economics (Faculty Of Management And Social Science)

"I am from Nigeria and my experience at POMA INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS UNIVERSITY has been one I’ll always be thankful for. The academic experience for me has been so rich, and the things that I have learned here, I know I wouldn’t have learned anywhere else. The lecturers here are so helpful and welcoming, they reach out to you in a way that feels like home. I learned a lot from my peers here, so many lessons exchanged through friendships,cultures and classes together. Coming to this school was a great opportunity for me to explore myself and discover my interests. I’ve learned a lot about my strengths and weaknesses, and I can definitely say this school changed me for the better, for which I am glad." I always dreamed of attending this school due to its cultural diversity. From the time I was young, culture and people have fascinated me, so the University was the perfect opportunity. Having access to all of the opportunities the school offers has changed my perspective on both school and life for the better. With amazing lecturers, an incredible Chancellor and all around kindness, this school is the perfect place to grow and learn. Additionally, the school allows everyone to have more one-on-one time with lecturers so you are guaranteed a successful learning experience. Speaking as a student who has tried several schooling systems, I would say that Poma International Business University is by far the best school I have been to, I highly recommend it to all students.

Poma university is a well accredited university in Benin Republic,and also highly recognised by NUC and NYSC in Nigeria and I'm a living testimony to that because I'm currently serving in Ekiti State.

Longlive PU
Longlive S.U.R
Longlive Republic of Benin
Longlive Republic of Nigeria

Cc.Hon.Chancellor

1 Share

Re: POMA University, A Fraudulent And Fake University- Ex Student. by faithgideon: 11:59am On Jan 20, 2022
I'm Akintola Faith by name and also a bonafide student of the aforementioned institution.

My sister also went to the aforementioned institution and served in Katsina State Nigeria and working in a cooperate organization till date.
My special advice is that before you post any information always be sure of what you will tell the public.
Re: POMA University, A Fraudulent And Fake University- Ex Student. by Rmiletus(m): 12:32pm On Jan 20, 2022
My Name is Abeeb Rosheed Odunyemi( matric no PIBU /14/03/MEC/186) ,a bonafide and a qualified graduate of POMA university . I graduated in the year 2019 from the Department of Mechanical Engineering (college of science and technology).

POMA UNIVERSITY is not a fake university... The Institution prepare it students and Equipped them with the tools and theories necessary to deal with and overcome the challenges of everyday life, they’re also encouraged to identify their strengths and characteristics and how they can best use them.

Professors and lecturers in the institution aren’t just teachers, they’re mentors too for students to see and understand the paths their professors have been on to get where they are today can be both inspiring and valuable.

Poma University Encourage students to get out of their comfort zones in order to make exploration in both academic and personal life.

Poma university is not a place for the lazy type as it is a well and fully accredited university in Benin Republic, also highly recognised by NUC and NYSC in Nigeria. Poma university is the only private English speaking university in Benin Republic allowed to practice "ENGINEERING" and "LAW"...

Poma university also make students in the noble institution to realize not to underestimate what the power of going beyond your comfort zone can do. If you’ve always wanted to study in a reliable university, Poma University is a great recommendation in the whole of Benin Republic.
During my time of studying in the University, I was the student union council "General Secretary" (2018/2019 academic session).
Poma university help to acquire great knowledge and experience, It’s these experiences that can help build your confidence, positivity and engagement within the local community.

Long live PU
Long live S.U.R
Long live Republic of Benin
Long live Republic of Nigeria

Cc.Hon.Chancellor

1 Share

Re: POMA University, A Fraudulent And Fake University- Ex Student. by Atundejoshua: 8:32pm On Jan 20, 2022
In response to this post , I got the permission from another poma graduate to share this.

1 Share

Re: POMA University, A Fraudulent And Fake University- Ex Student. by Dammydriss: 10:28am On Jan 21, 2022
I am Iyanda Joy Jumoke a bonafide poma university graduate with matric number pibu/14/03/mec188.... Poma is real and doesn't involve in any fraudulent activities........I traveled to Abuja November last year to do my physical verification and I was surprised poma was recognized at Nysc headquarter at Maitama and also at the federal ministry of education when I got to the secretariat........ please stopped spitting nonsense to destroy an image someone else have been building for years.........I've been cleared to go for my service with this same certificate you claimed to be fake

1 Share

Re: POMA University, A Fraudulent And Fake University- Ex Student. by shadowhunter: 6:32pm On Mar 17, 2022
I once read about a uni that used to allow this kind of behavior. That was actually very disappointing. I mean an university is no school, you know? People are supposed acknowledge the fact that they are intellectuals and they can't do that. At least they must feel ashamed... Luckily the uni where I'm studying at https://iunajaf.edu.iq/en/ doesn't tolerate that kind of behavior. Aside from the fact that there are some extremely strict dress code than everything's just great.
Re: POMA University, A Fraudulent And Fake University- Ex Student. by CountryTireMan(m): 11:08pm On Apr 01, 2022
Jimmybone85:
Am Cole omotayo Christopher, am a graduate of poma University. Poma University is full accredited University. I use the certificate to register for Nigerian Society of Engineers. Which was verified by Coren . Thanks

Hello, I just came across this on NL, please can you guide me through the process of joining the NSE as a graduate, thank you.

(1) (Reply)

Futo 2008/09 Admission List Out / Us Student Visa Interview Questions / Kwarapoly Students Signing Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.