Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,727 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:06 PM

Calls For Secession Genuine: Senate President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Calls For Secession Genuine: Senate President (949 Views)

Joining Your People To Call For Secession Is Wrong - Ganduje Tells Colleagues / Osinbajo: Call For Secession, Fastest Way To Extinction / Garba Shehu: Those Calling For Secession Are Nigeria’s Greatest Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Calls For Secession Genuine: Senate President by Shukushaka: 10:57am On May 14, 2021
Calls for secession genuine: Senate President

“I never believe that someone who is calling for secession means well or is a misguided person.”

NEWS AGENCY OF NIGERIA • MAY 14, 2021

Senate President Ahmad Lawan has given legitimacy to the calls for secession.

Mr Lawan also pointed out that he considered agitations for the country’s restructuring as genuine. However, he castigated southern governors for adding their voice to the demand for a restructured Nigeria.

Mr Lawan, who fielded questions from journalists in Abuja on Thursday, urged the governors to pay more attention to restructuring their states by working hard to provide good governance to the citizens.

According to him, the southern governors can be guilty of what they accuse President Muhammadu Buhari of not doing.

Expressing his view on the call for secession, Mr Lawan said, “The call for secession or the call for restructuring, many are genuine calls even though I never believe that someone who is calling for secession means well or is a misguided person.

“But I believe that when somebody calls for improving the structure that we have is a genuine call.”

Mr Buhari’s regime had proscribed IPOB for its secessionist agenda. IPOB has consistently called for the South-East to secede from Nigeria and become the Biafra Republic. IPOB’s leader Nnamdi Kanu, once arrested and released on bail fled to the UK. He is considered a fugitive by Mr Buhari’s regime.

Mr Lawan also frowned on how the local government system was relegated to the background in the country, saying for the nation to address its security challenges, the local government system must be functional and efficient.

“I want to take this opportunity also to say that we have diminished the local government system. I think we can attribute some of the security issues to the lack of a functional local government system,” noted Mr Lawan

https://gazettengr.com/calls-for-secession-genuine-senate-president/?utm_source=ReviveOldPost&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=ReviveOldPost

Re: Calls For Secession Genuine: Senate President by SmartProf(m): 11:00am On May 14, 2021
Double mouthed fellow.
Re: Calls For Secession Genuine: Senate President by Solsix(m): 11:01am On May 14, 2021
The worst senate president ever

1 Like

Re: Calls For Secession Genuine: Senate President by SLAP44: 11:01am On May 14, 2021
Rubber stamp , very cheap rubber stamp that they buy for #100 at oluwole street corner is better than you.

3 Likes

Re: Calls For Secession Genuine: Senate President by HONESTFACT101(m): 11:06am On May 14, 2021
nonsense angry......signing out
Re: Calls For Secession Genuine: Senate President by limeta(f): 11:13am On May 14, 2021
Mr Lawan also pointed out that he considered agitations for the country’s restructuring as genuine. However, he castigated southern governors for adding their voice to the demand for a restructured Nigeria.

what is all this
Somebody pls educate me
what can the governors restructure
police?
Army
resources control
what pls?
Re: Calls For Secession Genuine: Senate President by sweetonugbu: 11:15am On May 14, 2021
Ok
Re: Calls For Secession Genuine: Senate President by Manab: 11:15am On May 14, 2021
Solsix:
The worst senate president ever
truth is alway bitter.
Re: Calls For Secession Genuine: Senate President by Bayajidda1: 11:33am On May 14, 2021
grin
Re: Calls For Secession Genuine: Senate President by Bayajidda1: 11:33am On May 14, 2021
grin grin
grin grin grin
Re: Calls For Secession Genuine: Senate President by yanabasee1(m): 11:35am On May 14, 2021
This man's decisions are being controlled by another person... Probably someone who made him the Senate president....

He's so unfit and undecided on national issues...So confused and double mouthed....

Safe to say that he's a rubber stamp imp....

1 Like

Re: Calls For Secession Genuine: Senate President by Nobody: 11:42am On May 14, 2021
Remember when north were making mouth ...we are not scared of restructuring ...we are not scared of restructuring

Small southern governors meeting see fear everywhere

When we southerners would match to the street shouting down the whole country I wonder what they would do
Re: Calls For Secession Genuine: Senate President by Moferere: 11:43am On May 14, 2021
Their eyes just dey clear
Re: Calls For Secession Genuine: Senate President by Nobody: 11:44am On May 14, 2021
I want this country to return to total regionalism. Let each region takes total control (resources, security etc) and only send certain percentage to the central government. This is the best solution to me, break up may be too costly.
Re: Calls For Secession Genuine: Senate President by NengiWIDEtoto: 2:05pm On May 14, 2021
Meanwhile

(1) (Reply)

2021: I Will Make PDP Delegates Super Rich If I Emerge Guber Candidate—maduka / Understanding The Fulanization Agenda From Inception. / Government Should Return All Lands Belonging To Fulanis: Ex-gov. Dakingari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.