Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,866 members, 7,817,562 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:26 PM

Origin Of The Palestine-isreal Conflict - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Origin Of The Palestine-isreal Conflict (367 Views)

I Am A Christian And I Support Iran And Palestine, Isreal Must Be Checked / War: Israel And Palestine Battle Widens. / Thousands Flee Syria To Turkey As Idlib Conflict Escalates (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Origin Of The Palestine-isreal Conflict by dohyn(m): 12:49pm On May 14, 2021
I've been seeing posts by people here supporting Isreal in this matter just because Palestine is a Muslim country, forgetting that Israelis are not Christians.
Anyways, here are some screenshots detailing the origins of this matter.
Read and judge for yourself. You can also do some research into it.
I won't support Isreal just because I'm a Christian. It is morally wrong.

Re: Origin Of The Palestine-isreal Conflict by dohyn(m): 12:52pm On May 14, 2021
There's a short film on Netflix "The Present" showing the day to day struggles of people living in the West Bank.
It is an eye opener to seeing how people live there.

1 Like

Re: Origin Of The Palestine-isreal Conflict by joyandfaith: 9:07pm On May 14, 2021
Half truths.
Palestine was never a country. Arab invaders settled in Jerusalem and other towns jews had been occupying for centuries. In 70ce, Romans destroyed Jewish nation and jews were dispersed. Arabs in surrounding nations invaded and settled in Palestine which is just part of cannan land . Other Jewish settlements in other sides of Palestine were now occupied by Jordan, parts of Syria and Lebanon. This was possible because most of these lands occupied 10 tribes of Israel were destroyed by Assyria army. But for the sake of coming of Jesus, kingdom of judah was preserved. Even when Babylon destroyed kingdom of judah in 607 bce, king of Persia ordered jews to rebuilt Jerusalem and second temple.
Jews suffered in the hand of Greek and Rome again. Jerusalem, the capital was destroyed in 70Ce.
Romans administered Palestine for centuries. Later ottoman administered Palestine and muslims built mosques at centre of mount temple but jews were still in palestine doing business amassing wealth and acquiring properties. These properties were documented by ottoman empire for tax purposes.

British later took control of Palestine and jews were doing fine.
After holocaust many Jews returned to their ancestral land. Arabs sold lands for them.
1948 war. Jews lost sheikh Jarrah ( cause of presence crisis) . During ottoman empire, Jews had acquired many properties in Jerusalem including sheikh Jarrah.

After the war, Jordan controlled sheik Jarrah and Jews were expelled from their homes.

1967 war. After 1967 war, Jordan lost west bank including Jerusalem, of course sheikh Jarrah. Arabs were not expelled but since they time Jews have been getting their properties back.

(1) (Reply)

Biden Signs Executive Order Aimed At Shoring Up US Cybersecurity / Looters Caught On Camera In Another San Francisco Luxury Store Raid / US Concludes First Direct Talks With Taliban Since Withdrawal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.