Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,323 members, 7,819,103 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:22 AM

Can You Marry Your Second Generation Cousin? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Marry Your Second Generation Cousin? (394 Views)

JAPA: Marry Your Man Before Coming To The UK - Nigerian Lady Advises / If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? / If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Marry Your Second Generation Cousin? by selfemployed(m): 6:05pm On May 14, 2021
Is it appropriate for cousins or other relatives to marry?

My second cousin and I lived on opposite sides of the country during childhood and never met until we were in our late teens.

Since that time we've developed strong feelings for one another and have even begun to talk about marriage. We've done this secretly, because we're aware that many people would take a very dim view of our plans.

Can you give us any advice?

Is it permissible for cousins to marry?

How distant from the family line does a relative need to be in order to qualify as a potential spouse?
Re: Can You Marry Your Second Generation Cousin? by Cutehector(m): 6:09pm On May 14, 2021
Yaff finish fvcking that girl. angry
Re: Can You Marry Your Second Generation Cousin? by marveangel(m): 6:10pm On May 14, 2021
Depends on your family and location I've seen it happen in foreign movies, sometimes even step siblings but I know for a fact that it would never happen in my family
Re: Can You Marry Your Second Generation Cousin? by sylve11: 6:11pm On May 14, 2021
I see men who takes to their cousins as weak men. Just like men who chases after older women, but the men who chases after older women are far better and stronger than men who will take to their cousins.

I can't, I won't encourage you and I won't judge you as well. sad cool
Re: Can You Marry Your Second Generation Cousin? by zeuss: 6:37pm On May 14, 2021
Fulani and hausa culture permit first cousin to get married just like the Europeans also ......2nd cousin is ok
Re: Can You Marry Your Second Generation Cousin? by crackhaus: 6:42pm On May 14, 2021
Woz our bizness inside?

Don't you have family members you should be asking?

These things are usually specific to the type of family/ethnic group you come from.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Your Second Generation Cousin? by DICKstractor: 7:17pm On May 14, 2021
lipsrsealed

I find it irritating. It can never happen in my village
Re: Can You Marry Your Second Generation Cousin? by poshestmina(f): 4:52pm On May 15, 2021
Not even my 10th cousin undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided.

(1) (Reply)

TB Joshua’s Wife, Evelyn Recounts Incident Leading Up To Her Husband’s Death / Job Vacancy!!! / Do You Have A Plan For Your Children's Future?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.