Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:13 AM

Taiwo Oluomo: I Am Suspecting Lawan, I Don't Think He Supports Restructuring - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Taiwo Oluomo: I Am Suspecting Lawan, I Don't Think He Supports Restructuring (20565 Views)

Babachir Lawan: I Remain An APC Member But Will Support Atiku To Win / MC Oluomo: I Shall Not Die But Live To Witness Swearing-in Of Sanwo-olu & Buhari / MC Oluomo: "I Have Been Loyal To Tinubu Since 1999" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Taiwo Oluomo: I Am Suspecting Lawan, I Don't Think He Supports Restructuring by fergie001: 7:17pm On May 14, 2021
The Speaker of the Ogun State House of Assembly, Olakunle Taiwo Oluomo (Ifo 1 Constituency), has questioned the willingness of Senate President Ahmed Lawan to initiate the amendment of Nigeria’s constitution to solve the issues of security and disunity in the country.

His comment follows Lawan’s reaction to calls for restructuring by 17 southern governors after a meeting they held in Asaba, the Delta State capital, to find lasting solutions to the challenges facing the country.

DAILY POST reports that Oluomo described Lawan’s comment as a premeditated response to the genuine agitations of the people.

The Speaker, who spoke in an interview with newsmen on Friday, said “almost everybody in Nigeria is agitating for restructuring since we don’t know how we came together in 1914.”

“More so, the Southern Governors emphasized that they prefer a United Nigeria. Therefore, since they have said they believe in one Nigeria, all we need to do is to restructure, devolve power to the federating states, consider appropriate roles for local governments and traditional rulers in a way that would bring peace and expected unity to this country,” he said.

The lawmaker said Lawan should have reacted by collating the ideas, agitations and opinions of Nigerians and make the National Assembly work towards achieving the goal instead of condemning the governors.

Oluomo reminded Lawan that during a recent town hall meeting held in Arewa House, Kaduna, there were talks about restructuring; saying the Senate President did not condemn them then.

“Why is he now condemning the Southern Governors for speaking for their people? I’m suspecting him. I don’t think the man is ready to tinker with the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria in a way that will bring lasting peace or give room to amendments that will lead to peace and security with appropriate role to local government as a tier of government, to devolve power to states, review of revenue sharing formula and other issues that have been the bane of our development in this country,” he said.

Oluomo further said that if President Muhammadu Buhari cannot convene a national conference, “Lawan should gather legal luminaries, both from the North and South, and ask them to work on the opinion of the people” to formulate an idea for the National Assembly.

Daily Post

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Taiwo Oluomo: I Am Suspecting Lawan, I Don't Think He Supports Restructuring by Daveambition(m): 7:19pm On May 14, 2021
Most of this abokiz don slam head for ground sotey knowledge depart from them...
Spit on the North

217 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Taiwo Oluomo: I Am Suspecting Lawan, I Don't Think He Supports Restructuring by Saao(m): 7:20pm On May 14, 2021
Rubber stamp sp? He is a confirm zombie

87 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Taiwo Oluomo: I Am Suspecting Lawan, I Don't Think He Supports Restructuring by inoki247: 7:20pm On May 14, 2021
ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Taiwo Oluomo: I Am Suspecting Lawan, I Don't Think He Supports Restructuring by fergie001: 7:20pm On May 14, 2021

Re: Taiwo Oluomo: I Am Suspecting Lawan, I Don't Think He Supports Restructuring by helinues: 7:21pm On May 14, 2021
shocked

Except if some states are going to merge together, restructuring is not feasible in Nigeria for now..

States are yet to create new ways of generating income without relying on oil money.

How many states are viable in Nigeria?

Would Anambra state share their resources with Ebonyi?

Is Kano state ready to be the big brother in North?

Can Lagos state foot Ekiti state bills?

South south state that seem viable, what has the state like Bayelsa state doing with the monthly allocation even with less than 3 million population

Modified: Must Oil money stopped before the governors can be creative enough to generate new income? Would you jump into a pool you have no idea of the depth

10 Likes

Re: Taiwo Oluomo: I Am Suspecting Lawan, I Don't Think He Supports Restructuring by bigFOOTcaveMAN(m): 7:22pm On May 14, 2021
Let him not support it, cause he will sooner or later be using Arewa Republic Constitution.

63 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Taiwo Oluomo: I Am Suspecting Lawan, I Don't Think He Supports Restructuring by Nobody: 7:22pm On May 14, 2021
Lawan is a lady in agbada

Useless SP

84 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Taiwo Oluomo: I Am Suspecting Lawan, I Don't Think He Supports Restructuring by Afolabimills(m): 7:23pm On May 14, 2021
Useless sp e b like boofull

8 Likes

Re: Taiwo Oluomo: I Am Suspecting Lawan, I Don't Think He Supports Restructuring by Jack005(m): 7:27pm On May 14, 2021
Useless fat pig.. He's only doing Buhari and Apc's bidding.

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taiwo Oluomo: I Am Suspecting Lawan, I Don't Think He Supports Restructuring by Racoon(m): 7:27pm On May 14, 2021
Nobody need any soothsayer to dicepher that no northerner in his/her sane senses wants restructuring.
This is why a total disintegration of this contraption of a nation should be the priority of any sane southerner

A sovereign national conference wherein the NASS must be disbanded with an acting PM or total disintegration because the present national assembly members will never accede to a restructure of the grossly skewed Nigerian federation that is in their favour.The most useless senate president ever seen under the equallty most useless president and government.

73 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Taiwo Oluomo: I Am Suspecting Lawan, I Don't Think He Supports Restructuring by festacman(m): 7:27pm On May 14, 2021
His response to Southern Governors' Forum was most unfortunate. He spoke like a Northerner with bloated ego rather than the President of the Nigerian Senate. Very disappointing.

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Taiwo Oluomo: I Am Suspecting Lawan, I Don't Think He Supports Restructuring by colorsofrainbow: 8:01pm On May 14, 2021
B
Re: Taiwo Oluomo: I Am Suspecting Lawan, I Don't Think He Supports Restructuring by colorsofrainbow: 8:02pm On May 14, 2021
helinues:
shocked

Except if some states are going to merge together, restructuring is not feasible in Nigeria for now..

States are yet to create new ways of generating income without relying on oil money.

South south state that seem viable, what has the state like Bayelsa state doing with the monthly allocation even with less than 3 million population
Before anyone reads your comment,it is certain that it will be useless as you are..
Just imagine undecided

111 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Taiwo Oluomo: I Am Suspecting Lawan, I Don't Think He Supports Restructuring by Bayajidda1: 8:02pm On May 14, 2021
grin

2 Likes

Re: Taiwo Oluomo: I Am Suspecting Lawan, I Don't Think He Supports Restructuring by Bayajidda1: 8:02pm On May 14, 2021
grin grin
grin grin grin angry
Re: Taiwo Oluomo: I Am Suspecting Lawan, I Don't Think He Supports Restructuring by Nobody: 8:03pm On May 14, 2021
helinues:
shocked

How's that anyone's business ? Why should oil be paying for kano 44 LGA ? I don't get ?

If u don't find ways to make mo ey merge lose your 3 senators and reps simple

68 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Taiwo Oluomo: I Am Suspecting Lawan, I Don't Think He Supports Restructuring by Tinubuadvocate: 8:27pm On May 14, 2021
Me too I don't support restructuring I have my reasons.

1 Like

Re: Taiwo Oluomo: I Am Suspecting Lawan, I Don't Think He Supports Restructuring by princepee: 10:49pm On May 14, 2021
Off taiwo you don't have to suspect lawan he is just a puppet a rubber stamp SP. He is among the northern cabal. He will do anything to frustrate debat on restructuring

3 Likes

Re: Taiwo Oluomo: I Am Suspecting Lawan, I Don't Think He Supports Restructuring by Bettykeys: 11:06pm On May 14, 2021
The earlier the restructure the better

Even I want the restructuring to take place before 2023

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Taiwo Oluomo: I Am Suspecting Lawan, I Don't Think He Supports Restructuring by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 2:24am On May 15, 2021
Great More southerners are becoming Smart by the day. At night their Will be secret meetings and the next day Boom, we have mount roadblocks All across southern Nigeria to checkmate the illegal entry from those that reason like cow coming from the simi shahel regions.

God bless southern Nigeria.

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Taiwo Oluomo: I Am Suspecting Lawan, I Don't Think He Supports Restructuring by owobokiri(m): 3:23am On May 15, 2021
helinues:
shocked

Convulated logic as usual..
Restructuring is intended to be used to solve the problems highlighted, so how do you expect the problems to be solved before restructuring?

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taiwo Oluomo: I Am Suspecting Lawan, I Don't Think He Supports Restructuring by StaffofOrayan(m): 5:57am On May 15, 2021
Another product of Tinubu!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taiwo Oluomo: I Am Suspecting Lawan, I Don't Think He Supports Restructuring by anigbajumo(m): 6:19am On May 15, 2021
helinues:
shocked

Let me educate you small, No region will like to be left behind if we restructured. So far each region have the same agenda the states will work together and realises their potential for their own benefits. Ekiti state u are talking about has two largest dam in Southwest that can trigger mass production of food both in raining and dry season. People come from Lagos to Ekiti state to buy planks, infact Ekiti and Ondo states are the only states that supply planks in bigger quantity to Abuja, Kaduna and Lagos in Southwest. Moreover you can go to Ikun diary farm and see how Governor fayemi has transformed it. Once their is approval for restructuring you will be shocked how each state will realises their potential, most of the resources in each states are properties of the FG and the state Government have no power to utilize it.

1999 constitution is a fraud, some devil anti human are behind that fraudulent constitution just for their own benefits, You can't expect DPO from one state that head iyan paja to knw more than DPO that's indegene of Iyana paja if their is state policing. The Locals will be the head of each police division and will go a long way to solve the issue of insecurity.

This unitry system of Government is a time bomb that's on the verge of explosion if we don't as a matter of urgency embrace restructuring.

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Taiwo Oluomo: I Am Suspecting Lawan, I Don't Think He Supports Restructuring by BabaIbo: 6:26am On May 15, 2021
You're still suspecting?

Stop suspecting because it is true.

7 Likes

Re: Taiwo Oluomo: I Am Suspecting Lawan, I Don't Think He Supports Restructuring by makemoneywbsite: 6:29am On May 15, 2021
Why should he? You want to remove food from him mouth?

2 Likes

Re: Taiwo Oluomo: I Am Suspecting Lawan, I Don't Think He Supports Restructuring by vengertime: 7:23am On May 15, 2021
If there's anything I want from God, is to separate us from these northerners

18 Likes

Re: Taiwo Oluomo: I Am Suspecting Lawan, I Don't Think He Supports Restructuring by Oracleforce: 7:32am On May 15, 2021
All these northern leaders are seriously planning how to completely take over...and they have almost succeeded in their quest...
While some betrayals in the south are still chanting restructuring, aboki boys are all over the country waiting for a command from their headquarters...Yoruba region will be the easiest to conquer while the other southeastern and south-south will be conquered by support from the higher international nations......
There is clear handwriting on the wall. ..

12 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Toyin Badmus Dead: Yoruba Community Abuja Mourns Iyaloja / Osinbajo Meets With Military Service Chiefs in Abuja (photos) / Insecurity: Resign Now - Northern Elders Forum Tells Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.