Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,340 members, 7,819,202 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:40 PM

Taiwo Oluomo: I Am Suspecting Lawan, I Don't Think He Supports Restructuring - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Taiwo Oluomo: I Am Suspecting Lawan, I Don't Think He Supports Restructuring (20571 Views)

Babachir Lawan: I Remain An APC Member But Will Support Atiku To Win / MC Oluomo: I Shall Not Die But Live To Witness Swearing-in Of Sanwo-olu & Buhari / MC Oluomo: "I Have Been Loyal To Tinubu Since 1999" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Taiwo Oluomo: I Am Suspecting Lawan, I Don't Think He Supports Restructuring by Akinzo2121(m): 8:40am On May 15, 2021
helinues:
shocked

Except if some states are going to merge together, restructuring is not feasible in Nigeria for now..

States are yet to create new ways of generating income without relying on oil money.

How many states are viable in Nigeria?

Would Anambra state share their resources with Ebonyi?

Is Kano state ready to be the big brother in North?

Can Lagos state foot Ekiti state bills?

South south state that seem viable, what has the state like Bayelsa state doing with the monthly allocation even with less than 3 million population
Shey dis one get brain sha?
Re: Taiwo Oluomo: I Am Suspecting Lawan, I Don't Think He Supports Restructuring by Femeto: 8:41am On May 15, 2021
Lawan is a dullard. He has nothing to offer. Figure head senate president that commands no fear.

1 Like

Re: Taiwo Oluomo: I Am Suspecting Lawan, I Don't Think He Supports Restructuring by onuman: 8:43am On May 15, 2021
helinues:
shocked

[b]Except if some states are going to merge together, r[/b]estructuring is not feasible in Nigeria for now..

States are yet to create new ways of generating income without relying on oil money.

South south state that seem viable, what has the state like Bayelsa state doing with the monthly allocation even with less than 3 million population

Some of the 19 mostly non viable states proliferated in the north by northern soldiers need to merge to become self -sustaining.

Cash from crude oil and income from sea ports that sustain the northern states are fast depleting.

There ought to have been equal number of states between the three regions that formed Nigeria at independence.

Land mass or population is never used as criterion to determine where and how many new political units shall be created in a region in a country formed by different regions.

2 Likes

Re: Taiwo Oluomo: I Am Suspecting Lawan, I Don't Think He Supports Restructuring by kayusely70(m): 8:46am On May 15, 2021
StaffofOrayan:
Another product of Tinubu!
You're very much on point!

1 Like

Re: Taiwo Oluomo: I Am Suspecting Lawan, I Don't Think He Supports Restructuring by harjay1986: 8:49am On May 15, 2021
helinues:
shocked

Except if some states are going to merge together, restructuring is not feasible in Nigeria for now..

all this point of yours is the reason behind restructure because everyone I mean the governor seems to hide behind federal government for allocation

imagine your family financing your marrage till you die...... you cant compare yourself to someone financing his immediate and relative family.... all this so call low income generating state will either marge with another state from their region or better they find a way to generate more revenue ...... let people that have oil enjoy the benefit, ... let people that foods stuff and meat enjoy and let those that believe in commerce and many other opportunity tap into theirs

the reason why we have too many unemploy graduate is because of this wrong federal system we are practicing ...... imagine in USA some state legalize Marijuana some dont... everyone has a way of generating income but in Nigeria some people allow beer palour why some dont but those that do not allow alcohol want to share from tax collected by those that allow it ... so it not going to work and that is what some region are against

when you mention federating state you dont foaster what good for you on other people rather you let everyone like what they want .... through restructuring states that are close to ocean can now think of having a port anf many other thing without waiting for the federal goverment

Imagine herdsmen attack a state and the governor have to run down to abuja for advice is because our constitution give too much power to tge federal

2 Likes

Re: Taiwo Oluomo: I Am Suspecting Lawan, I Don't Think He Supports Restructuring by kayjay69(m): 9:03am On May 15, 2021
Its like saying I am suspecting a goat, I don't think the goat eats cassava.

1 Like

Re: Taiwo Oluomo: I Am Suspecting Lawan, I Don't Think He Supports Restructuring by contigiency(m): 9:06am On May 15, 2021
But you are not suspecting your brother Gbajabiamila who said the same thing Lawan said?

1 Like

Re: Taiwo Oluomo: I Am Suspecting Lawan, I Don't Think He Supports Restructuring by danono: 9:06am On May 15, 2021
What do you expect from a PARASITE.

1 Like

Re: Taiwo Oluomo: I Am Suspecting Lawan, I Don't Think He Supports Restructuring by valentineuwakwe(m): 9:06am On May 15, 2021
Do you expect to trust a northern?

1 Like

Re: Taiwo Oluomo: I Am Suspecting Lawan, I Don't Think He Supports Restructuring by Cnach: 9:23am On May 15, 2021
anigbajumo:

Let me educate you small, No region will like to be left behind if we restructured. So far each region have the same agenda the states will work together and realises their potential for their own benefits. Ekiti state u are talking about has two largest dam in Southwest that can trigger mass production of food both in raining and dry season. People come from Lagos to Ekiti state to buy planks, infact Ekiti and Ondo states are the only states that supply planks in bigger quantity to Abuja, Kaduna and Lagos in Southwest. Moreover you can go to Ikun diary farm and see how Governor fayemi has transformed it. Once their is approval for restructuring you will be shocked how each state will realises their potential, most of the resources in each states are properties of the FG and the state Government have no power to utilize it.

1999 constitution is a fraud, some devil anti human are behind that fraudulent constitution just for their own benefits, You can't expect DPO from one state that head iyan paja to knw more than DPO that's indegene of Iyana paja if their is state policing. The Locals will be the head of each police division and will go a long way to solve the issue of insecurity.

This unitry system of Government is a time bomb that's on the verge of explosion if we don't as a matter of urgency embrace restructuring.
Re: Taiwo Oluomo: I Am Suspecting Lawan, I Don't Think He Supports Restructuring by Cnach: 9:33am On May 15, 2021
juman:
Restructuring.
Bla bla bla ... restructuring.
Restructuring is difficult to achieve.

Without the so called restructuring we can build a good country.
Put fashola as president, he would manage this country very very well in this form.
U are not getting the problem. Nigeria is too big, diversifying, complex and too sedimental for one person to govern. A life in kano is totally different to life in Anambra with no match at all. U father succeeded in training all of u and may be even go far as choosing career for u guys bc u guys are few, so, it wasn't a problem understanding each and knowing the best way to tune one and that's what governance should be.

1 Like

Re: Taiwo Oluomo: I Am Suspecting Lawan, I Don't Think He Supports Restructuring by preshyusufu: 9:34am On May 15, 2021
No person from core north supports restructuring. Full restructuring of Nigeria is like death sentence to core north. They rather die, instead of allowing it to fly.

1 Like

Re: Taiwo Oluomo: I Am Suspecting Lawan, I Don't Think He Supports Restructuring by CharlotteFlair: 9:35am On May 15, 2021
colorsofrainbow:

Before anyone reads your comment,it is certain that it will be useless as you are..
Just imagine undecided
Answer I didn't read it!
I was like such long load of rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Taiwo Oluomo: I Am Suspecting Lawan, I Don't Think He Supports Restructuring by EjaikreTheViper(f): 9:55am On May 15, 2021
Daveambition:
Most of this abokiz don slam head for ground sotey knowledge depart from them...
Spit on the North

VERY DULL PEOPLE

1 Like

Re: Taiwo Oluomo: I Am Suspecting Lawan, I Don't Think He Supports Restructuring by juman(m): 9:56am On May 15, 2021
Cnach:

U are not getting the problem. Nigeria is too big, diversifying, complex and too sedimental for one person to govern. A life in kano is totally different to life in Anambra with no match at all. U father succeeded in training all of u and may be even go far as choosing career for u guys bc u guys are few, so, it wasn't a problem understanding each and knowing the best way to tune one and that's what governance should be.

They beg to return back to regional governments they changed to have the upper hand.
They ruined the country.

Returning to regional governments like in early days, is easy to be dreamt of than achieved.
Re: Taiwo Oluomo: I Am Suspecting Lawan, I Don't Think He Supports Restructuring by CoolAmbience(m): 10:06am On May 15, 2021
Saao:
Rubber stamp sp? He is a confirm zombie

Let him be a rubberstamp.

We like am like that.

What is restructuring?

That means absolute nonsense.

Is restructuring responsible for blindless looting of states' treasuries by governors? The cases of James Ibori, Orji Kalu, Joshua Dariye etc, are still fresh in our minds.

Is it restructuring that is responsible for the abysmal performances of state governors in human capital development, infrastructure and security?

They only remember Buhari in insecurity but when it comes to sharing money and acquiring gigantic properties, and having lavish parties, they remember Buhari can't dictate to them.

Will restructuring fix natural demographic and resource advantages that some ethnic groups have over others, even within the same states and regions?

Will it give fair balance of political power to the Ogonis in Rivers state? Or the Okpes of Delta, Idomas of Benue, Okuns of Kogi, and many others.

What we need are strong institutions, especially the judiciary and law enforcement agencies. We must start electing credible persons into positions of trust. We must emphasize financial probity, merit and accountability. We must develop an effective way to shame, punish and excommunicate proven looters of public treasuries.

Importantly, we must deemphasize religious and ethnicity, if we must move ahead as a country.
Re: Taiwo Oluomo: I Am Suspecting Lawan, I Don't Think He Supports Restructuring by danngnews: 10:15am On May 15, 2021
helinues:
shocked

Modified: Must Oil money stopped before the governors can be creative enough to generate new income? Would you jump into a pool you have no idea of the depth

The most painful form of slavery, is when the slave have fallen in love with the chains on his neck.

1 Like

Re: Taiwo Oluomo: I Am Suspecting Lawan, I Don't Think He Supports Restructuring by Heavensent01(m): 10:15am On May 15, 2021
who notice that banditry, kidnapping and other criminals acts of these herdsmen had reduced in southern Nigeria since this restructuring discourse and agitation started In southern Nigeria

God bless MNK
God bless Sunday Ighoho

I urge these two not to abuse the leaders in their region even leaders that don't want to have sense, kill them with facts and leave the citizens to handle them and treat their fĂșck up

Aboki must leave on their own, enough of using southern resources to feed aboki, let aboki be feed with his agricultural production that's successful because of Govt support but southern farmers got no support yet they're still being wasted, killed, raped and kidnapped

God punish all Northerners that are against disintegration/restructuring of this useless and stagnant country

if you don't want restructuring then disintegration is imminent. mumu cows in majority

1 Like

Re: Taiwo Oluomo: I Am Suspecting Lawan, I Don't Think He Supports Restructuring by Burstit(m): 10:33am On May 15, 2021
helinues:
shocked

Modified: Must Oil money stopped before the governors can be creative enough to generate new income? Would you jump into a pool you have no idea of the depth
fuuuul's analysis

1 Like

Re: Taiwo Oluomo: I Am Suspecting Lawan, I Don't Think He Supports Restructuring by witworth(m): 10:47am On May 15, 2021
Too late for even Restructuring, now they are scared the country will soon be separated. When we were clamoring for restructuring then, they turned deaf ears, too late brother.
We want our Yoruba nation now

1 Like

Re: Taiwo Oluomo: I Am Suspecting Lawan, I Don't Think He Supports Restructuring by bee101: 10:59am On May 15, 2021
helinues:
shocked

Ori e eleyi no ti gbala oo U can never think positive laye
Re: Taiwo Oluomo: I Am Suspecting Lawan, I Don't Think He Supports Restructuring by Bluntemperor: 11:00am On May 15, 2021
festacman:
His response to Southern Governors' Forum was most unfortunate. He spoke like a Northerner with bloated ego rather than the President of the Nigerian Senate. Very disappointing.

Show Nigerians one good thing Lawan has done that is meaningful for Nigerians,same with Gbaja.They are just cruising with this Country.If they have better plans let's have them! Imagine NEPA: no more Estimated Billings.Till tomorrow, Discos/ NEPA send the Monthly Estimated Billings to individuals through their Phones and the business is as usual.Same with DStv- Pay As You Go policy that is still elusive to Nigerians!
Re: Taiwo Oluomo: I Am Suspecting Lawan, I Don't Think He Supports Restructuring by bee101: 11:00am On May 15, 2021
helinues:
shocked

Ori eleyi no ti gbale oo that why they can never think positive laye ignore am pls
Re: Taiwo Oluomo: I Am Suspecting Lawan, I Don't Think He Supports Restructuring by sultry69(m): 11:02am On May 15, 2021
obimag:
You got it all wrong. There is no state in Nigeria that is not viable economically. The free Oil money have blocked most of our sense of reasoning. Only Amazon generate more income than Nigeria, Dangote alone generate more revenue that over 8-10 states. Yes some sates will be massively richer in natural resources but will not translate to economic wealth. Restructuring will unlock innovation, Agribusiness, tourism, industrialization , Tax Collection improvement, accountability in Governance, drive competition and unlock massive job opportunities.

Best submission so far.

Only dimwits and lazy people will against restructuring with this your analysis.
Re: Taiwo Oluomo: I Am Suspecting Lawan, I Don't Think He Supports Restructuring by Westerville: 11:09am On May 15, 2021
helinues:
shocked

Restructuring doesn't mean that poor states would be ignored,NO.Those poor states can equally depend on Federal Government for any project,but it will be on mortgage bases.

Restructure means that every state will not have the same salary structure, housing scheme,cost of living , school and health care.

For example,a police officer in Lagos can earn 200k in a month, while a police officer in Ekiti will earn 80k a month and they will do their job wholeheartedly.It will enable each state to enact a law that will suite them,,e.g a state in the north will decide that there will no church in their state,and you will abide by it,if it's not okay by you,you relocate,some will even adopt sharia-law.

In another words, those power states will bring more to the federal government to run the federal government parastatals, like army,custom, immigration,FRS,fed.police,nas and diplomatic missions.

By so doing,there will be a serious competitions across the states of the federation,and Nigeria will take her glory as giant of Africa.
Re: Taiwo Oluomo: I Am Suspecting Lawan, I Don't Think He Supports Restructuring by sapientia(m): 11:11am On May 15, 2021
helinues:
shocked

Your foolishness is legendary
Re: Taiwo Oluomo: I Am Suspecting Lawan, I Don't Think He Supports Restructuring by sunnnnyuu(m): 11:20am On May 15, 2021
fergie001:

Daily Post
I don't know what's worrying these northern elites about restructuring or breaking Nigeria, let everyone go his way.

1 Like

Re: Taiwo Oluomo: I Am Suspecting Lawan, I Don't Think He Supports Restructuring by compton11(m): 11:41am On May 15, 2021
Daveambition:
Most of this abokiz don slam head for ground sotey knowledge depart from them...
Spit on the North
just like Jesus!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bukola Saraki & His Wife, Toyin Celebrate 30th Wedding Anniversary (Photos) / Ministry Of Works Replies Critics of the Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway / Buhari Meets With Yakubu Gowon In Statehouse Today (photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.