Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,892 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:49 PM

Babachir Lawan: I Remain An APC Member But Will Support Atiku To Win - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Babachir Lawan: I Remain An APC Member But Will Support Atiku To Win (26202 Views)

Ahmad Lawan: I Will Support Anybody That Wins The APC Ticket / Taiwo Oluomo: I Am Suspecting Lawan, I Don't Think He Supports Restructuring / Ahmad Lawan: I Am Not Involved In N-Power Job Racketeering (2) (3) (4)

Babachir Lawan: I Remain An APC Member But Will Support Atiku To Win by Lurdmax10: 2:03pm On Nov 23, 2022

Former Secretary to the Federal Government and chieftain of the ruling All Progressive Congress (APC), Mr. Babachir Lawan, has said that the party will not win the presidential election in 2023 as a result of the same faith ticket.

In his interview with the BBC, Babachir said he and others supported the APC presidential candidate, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, to win the primary election, but they later realised he had been hiding his decision to pick a Muslim running mate from them.

He said, “I am not for Bola Tinubu now. I am not for a Muslim-Muslim ticket.

“It is Bola who did not want to go with us, he chose where he wants to go, and we told him that we will not vote for him if he did a Muslim-Muslim ticket.

“PDP (Peoples Democratic Party) discussed with us and they agreed to do what we want if we support them and we agreed to support them.”

PDP is fielding a Muslim-Christian ticket, with Atiku Abubakar as its presidential candidate while Governor Ifeanyi Okowa of Delta State is his running mate.

Babachir added that the Labour Party tried so much to convince him and other aggrieved members to work for the party.

He added, “You see the problem of the northerners, if you say you are a Christian, it is difficult for us to get a job.

“You see, of the 27 universities in the north, there are only two Christian VCs and of 27
polytechnics there are only two Christian rectors, that’s federal, but not to talk of state-owned.”

Babachir complained that the ‘discrimination’ shown to Christians in the North is too much for them, “and you still went ahead to do Muslim-Muslim ticket; that is double blows on us.”

When he was asked whether they tried to reach Tinubu to discuss the issue, he said, “No, he is the one to look for us now, I will not look for him. We have a place to go and a place to stay. But he didn’t look for us.

“If he sees that he will win the election, let see how he will win the election.”

He maintained that he is still in the APC but he and his people would not support Tinubu.

Regarding the fact that he might be accused of anti-party conduct, Babachir said he was bothered even if he would be insulted.

“If Buhari leaves politics, I will also leave because I joined politics because of him,” he added.

https://dailytrust.com/muslim-muslim-ticket-i-remain-apc-member-but-will-support-atiku-to-win-babachir

30 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Babachir Lawan: I Remain An APC Member But Will Support Atiku To Win by Xscape1993(m): 2:09pm On Nov 23, 2022
Only the dead will support the founder of agberos in Nigeria as president. Even the spirits of the dead are angry with the evil party.

158 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Babachir Lawan: I Remain An APC Member But Will Support Atiku To Win by SenatePresdo(m): 2:11pm On Nov 23, 2022
I've never seen many people delusional at once like Theifnubuu urchins grin

We told them that Tinubu is not a candidate, but common sense is not common for them.

Atiku will lead in NW and NE, Obi will lead in NC, SS and SE. Survey reveals SW is battle ground and up for grab

71 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Babachir Lawan: I Remain An APC Member But Will Support Atiku To Win by Yoretech(m): 2:11pm On Nov 23, 2022
Xscape1993:
Only the dead will support the founder of agberos in Nigeria as president.

Re: Babachir Lawan: I Remain An APC Member But Will Support Atiku To Win by WibusJaga: 2:12pm On Nov 23, 2022

Every Sane Nigerian knows that the Balablu Bloo Blu Bulaba crooner is mentally Unstable & totally unfit to be president.
Those who can't openly oppose him are playing eye service & faking support for him.

A rude shock awaits him on D-day.

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Babachir Lawan: I Remain An APC Member But Will Support Atiku To Win by adioolayi(m): 2:12pm On Nov 23, 2022
This one has been relegated..

I am certain he did not expect his hate campaign against Tinubu's Muslim-Muslim ticket to nosedive this way..
He was thinking the campaign will consume the man... somehow, the fire don dey go off small small

grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

Babachair Lawal is still very angry grin cheesy grin cheesy

Vote 'Yele Sowore of AAC for 2023 Nigeria's President

60 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Babachir Lawan: I Remain An APC Member But Will Support Atiku To Win by ljoh: 2:12pm On Nov 23, 2022
Northerners are supporting their fellow northerner

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Babachir Lawan: I Remain An APC Member But Will Support Atiku To Win by money121(m): 2:12pm On Nov 23, 2022
Wahala grin grin

As e dey pain them

E dey sweet Us

Re: Babachir Lawan: I Remain An APC Member But Will Support Atiku To Win by Yoretech(m): 2:12pm On Nov 23, 2022
Okkk

Re: Babachir Lawan: I Remain An APC Member But Will Support Atiku To Win by LegendHero(m): 2:12pm On Nov 23, 2022
Lol, this man is a clown.

Jagaban won’t look for you because no one should have a friend like you. You are not the spokesperson for the Christians in the North so I don’t get how you hype yourself.

The first major post you got in life which is the Secretary to the government, it was Asiwaju and his men that helped you secure it and you acknowledged him openly for that.

If you’re truly fighting for Christians, why did you fail to vote Osinbajo at the primaries?

When he was asked whether they tried to reach Tinubu to discuss the issue, he said, “No, he is the one to look for us now, I will not look for him. We have a place to go and a place to stay. But he didn’t look for us.

93 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Babachir Lawan: I Remain An APC Member But Will Support Atiku To Win by Ayodeoba: 2:12pm On Nov 23, 2022
Babachir is just looking for attention,he already lost his relevance, northerners don't regards him as anything

51 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Babachir Lawan: I Remain An APC Member But Will Support Atiku To Win by LegendHero(m): 2:12pm On Nov 23, 2022
FOOTSOLDIER1:
I am from Kano state and I can say it categorically that we Muslims from the North do not like Tinubu, he is a mahd man and extremist, we can't guarantee that he will protect our interests. We are now going to be Obidient

BTW, what is the Chicago international drug kingpin doing in obi's live?

The picture you shared was done by a photoshop guy on Twitter. Don’t be dull like your Obingo lord and savior.

That’s exactly why you only have that one image being shared by all your fellow Obiidiots.

Imagine Obi did a Twitter room and na Tinubu still dey trend.

78 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Babachir Lawan: I Remain An APC Member But Will Support Atiku To Win by Elidrisy20: 2:13pm On Nov 23, 2022
Grass cutter

39 Likes

Re: Babachir Lawan: I Remain An APC Member But Will Support Atiku To Win by cornerstonee: 2:13pm On Nov 23, 2022
This same religion ticket get as e be...

Re: Babachir Lawan: I Remain An APC Member But Will Support Atiku To Win by tydi(m): 2:13pm On Nov 23, 2022
In a sane atmosphere this babachi should be behind bars

Re: Babachir Lawan: I Remain An APC Member But Will Support Atiku To Win by abbay19(m): 2:13pm On Nov 23, 2022
Casala
Re: Babachir Lawan: I Remain An APC Member But Will Support Atiku To Win by southsouthking(m): 2:13pm On Nov 23, 2022
That Muslim Muslim ticket was the undoing of APC.
It was a let down, an insult and a disgrace to the Christian community in Nigeria.
It was an insult to the christian bodies in Nigeria.
Let's see how their hidden agenda will finally play out.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Babachir Lawan: I Remain An APC Member But Will Support Atiku To Win by Penguin2: 2:13pm On Nov 23, 2022
So it’s wrong for Tinubu to fly a Muslim Muslim ticket?

But it’s right for a Muslim to succeed another Muslim?

Most of these northerners are ethnic bigots whether they are Christians or Muslims; what matters to them is the north.

But Atiku will fail!

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Babachir Lawan: I Remain An APC Member But Will Support Atiku To Win by Tony4000: 2:13pm On Nov 23, 2022
Re: Babachir Lawan: I Remain An APC Member But Will Support Atiku To Win by emmatex2020: 2:13pm On Nov 23, 2022
You want vice and Tinubu said NO, instead of you to support him, you are here masturbating.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Babachir Lawan: I Remain An APC Member But Will Support Atiku To Win by SMSdigital(m): 2:14pm On Nov 23, 2022
Grasscutter self dey talk. Someone who can't win his family election

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Babachir Lawan: I Remain An APC Member But Will Support Atiku To Win by viqSmallz(m): 2:14pm On Nov 23, 2022
Double wahala for dead body. The lack of consideration to other faith is sad. We have not gotten to the point where tribe and religion can be seperated. We just have to choose the best out of them.
Re: Babachir Lawan: I Remain An APC Member But Will Support Atiku To Win by ecolime(m): 2:14pm On Nov 23, 2022
The grasscutter no wan support Baba Bulaba cheesy

Anyway, your Atiku is not cumming oo

Re: Babachir Lawan: I Remain An APC Member But Will Support Atiku To Win by Heffalump(m): 2:14pm On Nov 23, 2022
@Op, you better correct the title of this thread before you're bombed. Who are you deceiving?

BabaChir is pointing out clearly that he's not supporting Tinubu and your heading is saying the reverse.

Re: Babachir Lawan: I Remain An APC Member But Will Support Atiku To Win by Nobody: 2:14pm On Nov 23, 2022
Lol. That thing really pained this man gan ni O. He really followed tinubu back to back hoping to get the vice slot.
The best thing to show tinubu that Muslim /Muslim ticket is unacceptable is voting against him at the poll.. Simple. Any other thing is ranting.

Re: Babachir Lawan: I Remain An APC Member But Will Support Atiku To Win by Goodman247: 2:15pm On Nov 23, 2022
You are not ashamed to say it, infact in Nigeria, no party lines, apc members will.be working against thier own members supporting opposition and vice versa

Re: Babachir Lawan: I Remain An APC Member But Will Support Atiku To Win by TOPCRUISE(m): 2:15pm On Nov 23, 2022
One leg in, one leg out. He is like, "I have talk my own, if you no like wetin I talk come and beat me in my house" grin
Re: Babachir Lawan: I Remain An APC Member But Will Support Atiku To Win by Mightymanna(m): 2:15pm On Nov 23, 2022
Take or leave it, Asiwaju is coming as the next president know this and know peace

21 Likes 2 Shares

President Tinubu Meets Security Chiefs As He Arrives Abuja From Lagos (Video) / Bus With Passengers Falls In To Lagos Lagoon. / Ahmad Lawan Blames South-West Governors For Killings In Shasha Market, Ibarapa