Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,232 members, 7,780,444 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:25 PM

How Do I Master React? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How Do I Master React? (1235 Views)

Please Which Career In Tech Can I Master In 1 Year For A Job / Please How Do I Master Javascript (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Master React? by DDayve: 1:37am On May 15, 2021
Hello mentors in the house, I am a newbie web developer and I have been struggling with React for some days now. Gurus in the house, please how did you go about it when you learned React. Please help a brother

Re: How Do I Master React? by stanliwise(m): 7:43am On May 15, 2021
DDayve:
Hello mentors in the house, I am a newbie web developer and I have been struggling with React for some days now. Gurus in the house, please how did you go about it when you learned React. Please help a brother
You need the fundamental knowledge of JS to master react.
You also need practical life scenarios projects to get quality skills. You can find many on GitHub
Lastly nothing good comes easy.

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Master React? by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:49am On May 15, 2021
Honestly if you are struggling with react, it means your JavaScript fundamentals are weak. React takes away a ton of abstraction with vanilla js.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Master React? by omobamatrix: 1:43pm On May 15, 2021
Since it's a JS library, you need to master the basics both past and ES6+, then jump into it. With enough practice you shall get there!

1 Like

Re: How Do I Master React? by DDayve: 2:50pm On May 15, 2021
stanliwise:

You need the fundamental knowledge of JS to master react.
You also need practical life scenarios projects to get quality skills. You can find many on GitHub
Lastly nothing good comes easy.

Thanks boss. The syntax I am not understanding is the fetch() syntax. I studied basic JavaScript with W3schools. Is there any material you can recommend for me on that aspect of fetch() and response. They sound strange to me
Re: How Do I Master React? by Karleb(m): 5:16pm On May 15, 2021
I don't write react but this is an easy read.

Go back to vanilla Javascript.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Master React? by stanliwise(m): 5:55pm On May 15, 2021
DDayve:

Thanks boss. The syntax I am not understanding is the fetch() syntax. I studied basic JavaScript with W3schools. Is there any material you can recommend for me on that aspect of fetch() and response. They sound strange to me
W3school is nothing but a reference guide.
JavaScript the Definitive guide is a good book

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Master React? by 4dor: 6:02pm On May 15, 2021
DDayve:

Go to YouTube, download Traversy Media's JavaScript crash course and Mosh's JavaScript fundamentals for react.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Master React? by adeblow(m): 7:28pm On May 15, 2021
DDayve:
I've been learning also. You need to master ES6, then start learning React.
You can get videos on YouTube. Try traversy media, the netNinja. When you are done learning the basics from these, then you can try Basir all on YouTube. If you find others let me know. I'm learning also.
Re: How Do I Master React? by Millz404(m): 7:59pm On May 15, 2021
React is not really difficult, it is just that sometimes i feel it is overly engineered and everywhere all at once...compared to vue...

When i started, i was having a hard time with react, then i left it for vue which is a delight to work with...the next time i looked at react with a strong knowledge of vue, it was a cake walk...i even started building an app with vue native which is a wrapper around react native...i was bascally looking at react code and rewriting it the vue way....Writing react right now for a web implemention and sometimes smile at how i am writing very complex things with it.... If you are overwhelmed, you can start with vue and come back later to it...and you will wonder why exactly you were finding it difficult...

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Master React? by valzey(m): 6:24pm On May 16, 2021
DDayve:

Fetch makes use of promises. You can read up on that.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Master React? by Deicide: 11:56pm On May 16, 2021
React is a JavaScript library and op I understand what you are going through cause even if you master ES6 you might still not understand React because the syntax is different most of the time.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Master React? by DDayve: 7:11pm On May 18, 2021
Thanks everyone for the contribution. I am getting to the promise land now. Thanks to React documentation https://reactjs.org/tutorial/tutorial.html
Re: How Do I Master React? by Karleb(m): 11:10pm On May 18, 2021
DDayve:
Thanks everyone for the contribution. I am getting to the promise land now. Thanks to React documentation https://reactjs.org/tutorial/tutorial.html

React documentation is good but as you go on, the information becomes too much and it becomes more abstract. That's the issue all documentations have.

I would rather advice that you follow a course on YouTube about react. The reason is, these courses will apply react to solve a real life problem. That is the best way to learn.

Documentation should be used mainly as reference.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Master React? by DDayve: 4:25pm On May 19, 2021
Karleb:

React documentation is good but as you go on, the information becomes too much and it becomes more abstract. That's the issue all documentations have.

I would rather advice that you follow a course on YouTube about react. The reason is, these courses will apply react to solve a real life problem. That is the best way to learn.

Documentation should be used mainly as reference.

Thank you boss. I agree with you. Just that I am that kind of learner that likes to understand the basics before application. My actual material is a course I bought from Udemy(The complete web developer by Andrei Neagoie) sometimes it seems I am memorising his teaching rather than understanding. That is the reason I have to sought other materials to understand the basics so I can make wider application of his teachings. Before his JavaScript section, I went to study JavaScript on W3schools so I can understand him better, it worked. Before his React section, I did the same but it didn't work well enough which is the reason I came for help here.
I will follow the guideline u just gave here, I also believe it would work

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Master React? by Checked86: 7:16am On May 21, 2021
omobamatrix:
Since it's a JS library, you need to master the basics both past and ES6+, then jump into it. With enough practice you shall get there!

ES6 is my trouble. I have done JavaScript in Mimo and Sololearn but when I reached the ES6 topics, what suppose to be an improvement in what I have learnt since became a major distraction.
Re: How Do I Master React? by omobamatrix: 5:48pm On May 24, 2021
Checked86:

ES6 is my trouble. I have done JavaScript in Mimo and Sololearn but when I reached the ES6 topics, what suppose to be an improvement in what I have learnt since became a major distraction.
Yea it may be intimidating at first, but with a hand on project you would really feel it importance. Es6 features allow more logics, shorter, less error prone codes etc,

(1) (Reply)

Scholarship To 11 Free Coursera Professional Courses / What Is The Relevance Of Oracle To Elect/ Elect Engr / Reply To Mysteries That MICROSOFT Could Not Explain To Us!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.